[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New systems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: qa_bored.jpg (54KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
qa_bored.jpg
54KB, 1200x675px
What systems have you tried lately, and how much did you like them? Did you have fun?
>>
>>50377959
Old School Hack. It is fantabulous though I don't have the "awesome points" balance down right yet.
>>
>>50377959
I played some Dnd5 the other day.
It made big improvements to DnD, but its still outshone by better games. Lipstick on a pic. Good beer and pretzels game tho, Ill give it that
>>
>>50377959
I played (well ran) Legend of the Elements a little while ago. It's a PbtA game based on Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Combat was pretty cool, fights tended to be interesting in terms of the bending going on, sadly none of my players played non-bender combative characters so I don't know how well that goes but there seems to be decent options for non-benders so I imagine it's much the same. One aspect I'm not as sold on is its version of the fronts system which seems a little too focused on having the GM plan a linear story which clashes with how PbtA games tend to go. Other than that the strengths and weaknesses are pretty standard for PbtA games.
>>
Played a few sessions of CoC this past month.

I don't really like % based systems, but it doesn't get in the way, and I like the "organic" character advancement. So far, nobody went mad either.
>>
>>50377959
I've been playing D&D 3.5 lately. I did not play it before, I shit not you.

I did have fun, the DM is good. But the system is complete and absolute shit and the main setting (I think it's Dragonlance) is pretty boring/uninteresting for now.
>>
>>50377959

I've been running an Exalted 1e game at my campus club. It's going well so far, except combat is a tedious mess. Even with the step by step graph provided in the book, there's still pools we forget to throw into attack/damage rolls.

I've been reading Savage Worlds Deluxe and I'd love to convert my Exalted group to that while keeping the setting.
>>
>>50378857
>organic
How so? I am planning on running a one shot Xmas special of a family dealing with a Krumpus. The PCs may choose to bring their characters into another campaign.
>>
>>50377959
Shinobigami.
It was a blast.
>>
>>50379614
I don't know if this is the official rule but:

You note which skills you have used in a session. At the end of session, you roll a d100. If you roll OVER the skill (it's a d100 roll under), you roll a d10, and that's how much your skill increases by.

So your good skills don't have as much chance to improve, but you'll shore up your weaknesses pretty fast.
>>
File: VeloCITY.png (592KB, 766x1000px) Image search: [Google]
VeloCITY.png
592KB, 766x1000px
>>50377959
Haven't played it yet but I'm curious about VeloCITY.

Can anyone here tell me how well it plays?
>>
>>50377959
We lately got bored with Witcher TTRPG, so entire group voted to experiment with different games. Not all of them are new per se, but anyway...

>GURPS Lite
I've got mixed feelings. On one hand, it's clear, transparent and easy to use. On other hand, due to the meme about Maths required to run it, everyone was scared and tense we might fuck up something.

>Cyberpunk 2020
Classes are utterly superfluous in it. It also aged really, really bad.

>0D&D
Holy shit, almost as if I was running a free-form. Fun like hell for first game or two, but then gets very repetitive rule-wise, as there is barely anything to do mechanically in it.

>Twilight 2000
Nothing like dying right after finishing your character. Fun as a setting, abysmal as mechanics. Especially since you need to learn all the shorts and abbreviations if you don't want to do constant page-flipping.
>>
>>50377959
played gurps 3rd ed. Was the most painful experience of my life. From character creation, to the players, to the fact that everything had a chart...

Biting had a random chart in the middle of the book. It was high sci-fi but we only had the core book so we had laser pistols, and laser rifles.

DM disregarded the body hit table, and aiming at a body part. Stripped the complexity from the system and made it another hp pool game, where you had 10 wounds on average and that was that. Your average pistol did 1d6, laser rifle did 2d6x4 shots.

One player kept making new mix maxed characters who were boring as shit. One was the most intelligent entity in the galaxy, an ai in a humanoid shell, whose super power was awkwardness and being boring.

His other character was psychic hitler. Who still managed to be a pain in the ass to deal with.

He was WORLDS better than the other useless tits. One gentlemen, probably one of the nicest men I've ever met, would take half an hour to decide his turn in gurps. Not rolling various dice, just figuring out what to do.

Another guy treated it like free form roleplay and would just make stuff up on the fly, while diddling his phone between turns.

It was bland, boring, dumb, stupid, and utterly unforgettably bad.
>>
Does anyone knows how QuestFRP is?
I have this name on one text file and I dont remember who recommended it or how I found it, just that I saved it to search about it later.
>>
>>50377959
I played Unhollowed Metropolis revised.

It was fun until everyone went completely murderhobo. I like it though, deadly as shit, the classes feel very varried and aren't restrictive on what kind of character you're playing.

But also, armor seems barely necessary a few times and enemies tend to come to two variations: 1) interchangable and easy to dispose off and 2) no selling deathly blows.

Still, very fun and will definately try to play more often.
>>
Finally played Call of Cthulhu. There is literally no reason for this game to have rules at all, that's how bad they are. I get it, the point is to kill the player, but you could literally roll d6 each time and every time it hits anything else than 6, you failed
>>
Keep trying different variations of Fate, keeps falling flat. Dunno.
>>
>>50379614
>Krumpus

Die

No in all seriousness that sounds on fleek
>>
>>50377959
Ran a short campaign with Adeptus Evangelion. Many ideas, some of them good, with a borderline functional execution. We had fun in the beginning, but the fun steadily decreased as everything got bogged down in a mountain of stuff.
>>
>>50377959
Haven't played it yet, but I've been reading the rules for TechNoir as prep for a string of adventures my friend is planning.

So far, I'm quite impressed and excited to play it. It doesn't hurt that the player's guide is free on their website, though that's a bit scant on rules that aren't immediately need-to-know so I decided to get the core book. Glad I did, because I've been getting ideas for my own games to run with it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.