[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Magic Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 26

File: Skred.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Skred.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Ban Blood Moon Edition

How is your thanksgiving going?

Does your country celebrate anything like thanksgiving?
>>
>>50376649
This general is good. Good job OP

>QOTT
Is aight, and yeah i live in the states. Actually gonna head to my sisters for food and have her alter my pondes as an xmas present

1st for Tron wuz Kangz and anyone who bitches about blood moon is a scrub
>>
>>50376649
>Hows your thanksgiving going.
Fuck man, that was over a month ago. You really expect me to remember that shit?
>>
>>50376699
The images I had saved in my mtg folder were all standard cards or cards also fine in legacy. Griselbrand, Grave-Troll and Amalgam were among the other options for OP post. I figured Skred was appropriate because it won GPDFW.
>>
File: 1428685592473.png (625KB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1428685592473.png
625KB, 4000x4000px
>>50376720
>>
>>50376748
Canada mang. Even as an ameritard I know that...

>>50376727
Its a fine choice befitting the current meta
>>
Apologies to anyone this annoys, we're currently in the last leg of the poll.

Which MTG color is your favorite, and why? Note I say favorite, not best. What do you prefer to play?

http://www.strawpoll.me/11717375
>>
>>50376727

Don't worry it's officially reached meme status so it's acceptable.
>>
>>50376825
there is no such thing as GDW
>>
>>50376649
>Ban Blood Moon Edition
No. This is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>50376857
Rancor says otherwise
>>
File: memejace.png (993KB, 800x708px) Image search: [Google]
memejace.png
993KB, 800x708px
I'm not a robot
>>
First for nothing deserves to be banned in the current meta and people need to stop crying.
>>
>>50377082
Unban everything for a month and see how the meta develops?
>>
>>50377082
unban SFM
make white great again
>>
Anyone playbin mtgo? I am considering it, but convince me to spend hundreds of dollars on 1s and zeros in a program.
>>
>>50377138
Is SFM a control or tempo card?
I mean, you drop batterskull on t3, and then you begin to beat and protect it with couters. that sounds more tempo than control
>>
>>50377355
I don't think you can define cards per archetype

Like Goyf can be an aggro, tempo or midrange card

honestly I always think archetype theory is fucking pointless apart from "who's the aggro" per matchup
>>
>>50376825
You're missing "who gives a shit?"
>>
>>50377859
Oh, you're right, silly me. I guess I should've mentioned that you didn't have to vote if you didn't care. I guess it seemed obvious to me at the time.
>>
>>50377898
But I do care.
>>
Hearthstone is more popular and magic is dying. What can we do to fix this?
>>
>>50378698
They're both dying.
>>
>>50378698
There's not much to do, honestly. MTG is a better game but it is infinitely more complicated to play on a computer and is a very poor spectator sport unless you know a lot about the game already, and even then it's still often dull. On the other hand, a lot of the "unfixable" things about mtg are what make me like it more than I'll ever like hearthstone.
>>
>>50378983
>Le mana screw faec ;^)
>>
>>50378983
Fixing mana screw, and reprinting chase lands (such as duals and fetches) at uncommon/commom would go a long way towards fixing MTG for me.
>>
>>50379061
Fetchlands were a mistake.
>>
>>50379061
It's hard to fix mana screw without fundamentally altering how lands and mana in general works. It sounds great, but there's so, so much you can do with lands besides play one a turn and tap them once a turn each for one mana that it feels like normalizing it would remove a lot of really interesting deckbuilding options.
>>
>>50377227
yet you spend hundreds on cardboard. It's all about if you want to practice more with arguably better opponents
>>
>>50379089
>Smooth manabases are wrong!
I guess you play mud/stax, or are a casualfag that likes monocolor tribal decks
>>
>>50377936
Thank you for notifying me that you care about having an "I do not care" option on a poll.
>>
>>50379645
So tell me then, what's the downside to a 3+ colour mana base? Fetchlands are already grossly overpriced due to most decks needing them, inflating the cost of the format. The problems with fetchlands are:

1 - They're expensive
2 - They waste game time with shuffling
3 - They let 3+ colour decks have perfect mana

Decks running lots of colours should not have access to perfect mana. That's just stupid. What's the incentive to running a 1/2 colour deck if you can just throw in another colour with no downside? This is why Burn went from a 1 colour deck to a 3 colour deck. This is why Jund and Abzan get away with it. And no, don't even bother talking about Blood Moon as a way to punish greedy mana bases. Blood Moon is a design mistake, everyone knows that. What Modern needs is Wasteland. Wasteland would make 1/2 colour decks MUCH better as they'd have something proactive to do with their landbase but Wizards, like you, are a bunch of cucks who think land should be for mana and mana alone. Maybe some weak shitty ability like Geier Reach Sanitarium looting everyone.

Fetchlands and shocklands combined are legitimate design mistakes.
>>
>>50379824
I've gotten literally 0 lifetime draws where fetches have mattered.

They don't let 4 and 5 color have perfect mana because they just don't. It's better than no fetches tho. People are always saying ban fetches, what if we ban shocks and bfz duals?

I do agree that Modern needs Wasteland because it would actually 'punish' 3+ color decks and nobody actually runs 4 colors unless they want to be taking damage or be slow.

blood moon is a design mistake and should be banned
>>
>>50379824
But anon, more colors means more fun, don't you know?
Being able to Bolt, Path, and Thoughtseize all in one deck is fun. FUN.
>>
>>50379912
>Bolt, Path, and Thoughtseize all in one deck
Woah slow down there, don't give away the strength of Mardu.
>>
>>50379996
Nah, Mardu is all about goin' fast.
>>
>>50376649
>Ban Blood Moon

Fuck that shit. They should Blood Moon harder. They should print Blood Moon level nonbasic hosers in every color until all decks are at least 70% basics. Greedy manabases should come with costs attached.
>>
>>50380399
>Greedy manabases should come with costs attached
2 life for an untapped land is the cost. Punish your opponent by killing them faster.
>>
>>50380415
>2 life for an untapped land is the cost.

It's clearly not enough of a cost since those cards are in every motherfucking deck.

It's only a proper cost when people with the relevant shocks and fetches will actually look at them and go "hmm, SHOULD I put these in my deck or not?" instead of doing it on autopilot as soon as they've decided what colors they run.
>>
>>50380399
This Multi Colored decks should not perform as well as one or two color decks and people can whine all they want about blood moon but you know what the answer to blood moon is? Run more basics.
>>
>>50380399
What the hell isn't a greedy manabase?
>>
>>50379824
>perfect mana
I wish this meme would die already, idiots like you make it sound like a 3 color deck can never get color screwed which is just false
>>
take a break from arguing about moon and manabases to enjoy these tron tears
>>
If the shocks were 5+ damage for untapped, people would still run them and just have them ETB tapped. It's the fetches + basic land type duals that creates your 'greedy' manabases.
>>
>>50380552
Mono basics. That's it. If you run even one nonbasic land your mana base is greedy and you deserve to be crucified by blood moon
>>
>>50380576
But unless you have some serious pressure, you can just hardcast wurmcoil and Ostone. That's how I out blood moon.
>>
I want to get Korean versions of my merfolk deck. Problem is lorwyn wasn't printed on Korean.
What do?
Should I get those in jap or Chinese instead?
>>
fuck land destruction decks
>>
>>50380909
Japanese is more aesthetically pleasing imo
>>
>>50379824
i agree. i want to get into properly playing modern (as opposed to playing mono U merfolk) but the land bases cost hundreads.
even then jund and abzan players just get angry when their overgrown tomb becomes an island
>>
>>50380909
Pick a better language Korea dog.
>>
>>50380994
I dunno. I like the look
>>
>guy is playing jund hardened scales
>says tron takes no skill
G1
>wurmcoil him t3 and world breaker t4
G2
>never hit tron
>'goes off' with hardened scales, rakdos cackler and avatar of the resolute
G3
>have two wurmcoil on t3&4 then ulamog on t5

huh, tron isn't super skillful but it doesn't lose to jank

C O C K A T R I C E
>>
File: MTG Soul Sisters.jpg (53KB, 396x511px) Image search: [Google]
MTG Soul Sisters.jpg
53KB, 396x511px
Any thoughts on Soul Sisters?

I wanna get back into Modern and it seems like a pretty viable deck.
>>
>>50381563
It's great against Infect.
>>
>>50381563

> it seems like a pretty viable deck.

Depends on your meta. If your meta is made of creature based aggro go for it.
>>
>>50381071
I guess it's pretty nice. Russian is for plebs
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 592x448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 592x448px
>>50381946
You are a funny little man.
>>
>>50381563

Against some of the upper tier decks it's got some awful matchups but strangely enough it's also got some fantastic matchups against the other upper tier decks because of the absurd life total you have putting you out of kill range of some combo decks(e.g Ad Nauseam, Valakut decks)
>>
>>50378698
>magic is dying

do you know something I don't, because sales are consistently up for ages
>>
>>50383226
Valakut will just keep slapping you over the head with 6/6s until you cry blood. If they know what you're doing they'll just grab all 4 Valakuts before getting their 5th Mountain in play. That'd be too much damage for even Soul Sisters.
>>
>>50383312

Sorry I should have clarified which version of Valakut. Classic Scapeshift(e.g BTL versions) and not Titanshift versions.
>>
>>50383343
BTL can't stop you, sure. But BTL fell out of favour for a reason.
>>
>>50383357

I know but some people will still run the deck. Just because it's fallen out of favour will not stop some people from running that particular version.
>>
>>50383372
My LGS owner has run it for years, then upgraded to the BTL version. He just doesn't want to change decks mostly.
>>
>>50383390

But he owns the store, can't he just grab the cards he needs? Shit my LGS owner even lets me borrow cards to play in a tournament.
>>
>>50383675
>Shit my LGS owner even lets me borrow cards to play in a tournament.
While generous, that should not set the standard for stores. Just like having no fee to play at FNM should not be the standard.

Some stores do well, have lots of players, own their building (i.e. no rent), are passionate about Magic, don't value their time, or are just stupid or a variety of any other reasons.

Stores need to make money. Assuming the owner can just give free time and loan out cards for no cost is just not fair to them.

I think FNM should cost $15 per person no prize support. There's no fucking way the $5 for a pack in the prize pool arrangement is going to cover the labor.
>>
>>50383276
How are the sales figures? What did Hasbro say in its latest financial report? Desu, I'm hoping for a steep decline, so that Maro and company will be forced to get rid of the Acquisition Plan and stop the casualization of the game.
>>
>>50381946
funneh joke

>>50382050
It's mainly junk, creature aggro, then blue-white control. So I think it should be okay in some matchups. Only answers I'd run for infect would be path.

>>50383226
Yea I did some play testing against my friends burn deck and it won when I started with the martyr's in my hand and gained 15 life and just kept gaining from there. But when I didn't start out with the right hand it sucked. No one plays combo decks in my meta right now, there's just been way too much hate for them. It's really just tron, Junk, aggro and one infect player.
>>
>>50383736
I used to work at one of my lgs and me and my co-workers were making random jank decks to play in tourneys all the time. 5-color Reaper King with all 10 duals. I made a spirits deck for modern and the owner let me borrow all the snapcaster mages I needed for the deck. Shit was cash.

Also to comment on $15 for FNM, most stores would lose a lot of their player base if they charged that much. my lgs charges $6. This is reasonable because we get a lot of high school kids playing that only have their pocket money from their parents. Also charging at a lower cost brings more people in and then the store would sell more product like snacks, sleeves, and random cards people needed last minute for their decks before tournaments started.

Giving away packs-per-win is nothing to the store. Stores buy boxes of booster packs of standard sets for a little under $70.
>>
>>50383901
>if profits are down, WotC will stop simplifying their game to appeal more to new players

Not how it works anon, sorry.
Switching to digital is what I recommend. It's more profitable than paper for WotC (passed 50% of MTG revenue recently) because there's just no good way for WotC to make people buy packs.It's an outdated business model at this point.
>>
>>50384033
>half their profit comes from the absolute worst pile of computational shit
holy fuck. Could you imagine how much more dosh they'd roll in if they just made mtgo actually well?
>>
>>50383980
I think that if the community doesn't step up and start becoming willing to pay more to play at FNM, many smaller places will lose a place to play. It's hard enough selling games and shit when there's an online market.

The brick and mortar retail business model is dying - having to compete with the online and big box store market. And if we don't smarten up now, there won't be places to play anymore.

My store will always be around, there's no doubt about that. But the owner and I sit down and talk about how Magic players are the shittiest part of his revenue stream. Kitchen table players are great, they come in, buy shit, leave. But the competitive/FNM crowd buy all their cards and supplies online and pay $5 for FNM and on top of all that, bitch and moan about prices non stop (compared to online) and require more chit-chat than some kitchen-table player who just wants their stuff and goes. The only reason why he continues hosting events is because Wizards forces you to in order to secure direct-purchase of their product without having to go through distributors.

He tells me Magic is actually like milk or bread at the grocery store. The grocery store loses on every purchase, but they have to sell it in order to get people through the door for other things. Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh and Force of Will are more profitable than Magic. Magic is the worst earner (still profitable) but the margins are dogshit because of the effort put in.

There is absolutely NOTHING about Magic that has gotten better in the past couple years. Nerds have gotten poorer, the game has gotten more expensive, the Internet makes everyone bitchy about comparing prices, and people are simply less willing to put up with somewhat annoying characters as much as they used to - they'd rather not show up to play.

Oh yeah, and there's a board game shortage because distributors would rather sell to Walmart, Barnes and Noble, Chapters, and Target.
>>
>>50384033
I think the health of the game would be better served by catering to its established player-base and carving out a niche as the more complex and rewarding game; Hearthstone will always be the superior game for casuals, I think. Frankly, It'd be suicide for Magic to try to beat Blizzard at what they are best at.
>>
>>50384145
Here's the deal, good stores understand that you don't make any money off of FNM or other competitive magic events. Like this guy at my LGS says they make like a quarter on each entry. What good stores do make money off of is getting people physically in the store. But yeah money isn't really a good money maker for stores though, not as much as you might think. That guy told me that 50% of their revenue was comic books and only about 20% was magic, so if they completely dropped magic they would still be in the green.
>>
File: rustlingyourjimmies.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
rustlingyourjimmies.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50376649
>Snow Mountains are $3 edition REEEEEEE

My Thanksgiving's going pretty well, planning on taking advantage of some Black Friday sales tomorrow to get my missing Razorverges/RIPs for GW Tron. Not sure if I actually like it better than RG Tron, but it'll be nice to have the option.
>>
>>50384312
I have no idea why it took this long for someone to switch red with white
>>
>>50384145
I see what you're saying and I agree. When I worked there a lot of my friends would come in and bitch about having to wait for their new cards to arrive in the mail. I'd always ask why they just don't buy them from us then they bitch about prices and about how we don't have the specific common from Betrayers of Kamigawa that they need in Japanese foil (fucking weeaboos man, worst customers).

Things like StarCityGames and TCGPlayer really did put a strain on us to sell more singles and packs, it honestly was pretty frustrating to see people that come in to play for free daily buy all their cards somewhere else. But I'm not sure if just hiking up the prices for FNM entry is the solution.

The slimy shit I always did to sell was convince people, that I knew had a ton of money, to pack war expensive sets so they get a gambling rush and just keep buying packs.
>>
>>50384312
>Snow Mountains are $3
>My friend that's been playing Skred for months did alters to all of his Snow lands and some of them aren't even tourney legal anymore

Feels bad man.
>>
>>50376649
Hey, what do you guys think of Elf Belcher in Modern? I'm nearly finished with it (I built it for lulz) is there anything I can do to improve it?
>>
File: Image.png (120KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
120KB, 223x311px
My thanksgiving was /comfy/.
Ordered muh Ravagers 2 days ago but I doubt they'll get here this week.
Why are artifacts the best, lads?
>>
File: ff4.png (448KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ff4.png
448KB, 900x900px
>>50384404
>Talking about how online card shops are killing LGS
>Come in here talking about how you bought Arcbounds from an online card shop.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS IS WHY LGS IS DYING

Affinity truly is the best deck though.
>>
>>50384404
Because they were the first mistake Wizards ever made, Richard basically admitted to it once.
>>
>>50384289
I don't think it's okay at all that stores have to put so much work into supporting the stupid product only to have it earn less than something that sells simply by mostly sitting there. Sure, you'll talk to the people who are interested in Batman selling comic books but there is a metric fuck-ton of shit in Magic that people are always talking about and it is a lot of lip-service for shitty earnings. Not to mention Wizards more or less forces stores to put up with their horseshit so they can get the same prices for product as the distributors.

Like, think about Modern Masters. Just day in and day out you got people just talking about the price or availability of that thing. Or changing prerelease Sealed all the fucking time with their stupid community gimmicks. Wizards just has to make it so much fucking harder with everything and for a corporation that large I can't believe they don't even bother to measure the amount of effort stores have to put in to plug their product.

How much new and bullshit has happened in the past five years. Standard block changes, Magic Celebration coming and going, that new Standard league thing for those 3-card boosters, changing prerelease Sealed from a gimmick back to regular Sealed, actually promoting two-headed giant at prereleases you dumb motherfuckers, broken reporting software, shitting on your judges, posting about judge promos and holiday cards that almost nobody will get, fucking with the PTQ structure, fucking with the Bye structure, holding back the Eternal Masters second run only to announce a "reprint".

Pokemon does its own marketing and you don't have to do a single thing with Pokemon. And every time a game comes out your store floods with people. With Magic, your store floods, you give them a free deck full of worse cards than the game they play on PS or XBox or PC and you have hold their hand and they just might not start after they see how fucking expensive Standard is.
>>
File: etched champion.jpg (176KB, 1024x748px) Image search: [Google]
etched champion.jpg
176KB, 1024x748px
>>50384436
My closest LGS to me is a shitty little shop in a shady ass part of town and the woman who runs it was super rude to me. I go there for FNM now and then but otherwise they can suck a cock, I'm keeping my money.
>>
>>50384312
>tfw went to lgs a few days ago to dig through the massive amount of 50cent bin cards
>tfw pulled out over 10 snow mountains even though I am putting them in a deck that doesn't need them.
>>
>>50384377
>The slimy shit I always did to sell was convince people
I love my store to bits. But I hate that we must cultivate the addicts and unfairly fuck over the ignorant with shit advice so that they buy product. New players just look to experienced players for advice and we ultimately just fuck them. Or shark them out of their lucky pulls. Not a single player can look back and say they didn't buy possibly hundreds of dollars of useless shit off charismatic advice from probably nice yet moronic players. You can buy useless shit for your car or useless sporting equipment, but guess what, it still does what you expect it to do even after you find out it's not the best. In Magic, it's 100% worthless but we tell people the lie that all that bulk $1.00 uncommons or rares will add up even though they'll never be able to move it.

The biggest lies are telling people to buy those Duel Decks, Intro Packs, and repeating things like, "I fucking love opening booster packs" and having a group hug when you open a foil-walker and share that fact with the whole store. If you're being honest you can tell them that those Commander decks are really only good against other Commander decks to cushion the dream-crush when they take their precon against some guy who dropped 7 mana sources by turn 3.

I just think it's gross. I think it is gross that in this age of so much information with Internet that nearly 100% of the information about video games and Magic are ignorant shill fanboys trying to subconsciously justify their bad purchase. We bitch and moan here to no effect, but the premier Magic voices in this community don't say a single thing because they need their preview card to drive page hits when pre-release time rolls around.
>>
>>50384493

Pokemon is run by people that are actually half-way competent. The only bad thing is that you have to pay for top tier info from the pros. The tcg sim is free, although buggy. It's still better than mtgo, which is a buggy mess that looks like it's from the stone ages.

The game is a great deal cheaper, minus Shaymin EX being $65-70, but you only need 3 copies of him max, and pretty much every deck wants at least 1.

>>50384577
>But I hate that we must cultivate the addicts and unfairly fuck over the ignorant with shit advice so that they buy product.

That's basic economics. Let your feelings at the door and buckle up, buckaroo
>>
Not sure where else to ask this
I'm wanting to make a mill deck from a past standard format (since my playgroup will accept that but not modern) but I don't have much knowledge of whats available prior to RtR apart from a handful of powerful ones from different blocks. Where do I start?
>>
>>50384843
Mill doesn't work. It just isn't within the realm of playable. You'd be spending money to lose.

Just... don't ask why. It just doesn't. There's too much to say.
>>
>>50384900
It doesn't have to be competitive to be playable. I've made a mill deck in the past; by no means the best deck out there but it's far from unplayable.
>>
>>50384843
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-94-20-tix-modern-ub-mill
This has a good stock list for mill.
If you're just playing casual it will do fine.
Don't expect much if you decide to go to FNM though.
>>
>>50384843
>I'm wanting to make a mill deck from a past standard format (since my playgroup will accept that but not modern)

That sounds terrible. Proxy up CAWBLADE and show them why they should just stick to cube instead. The only decks that are able to win via mill do so by milling you out completely, and they're all far too expensive for you.

Mill tends to suck because you have to burn through 53 cards instead of 20 life. It doesn't answer the board like most decks, nor is it working to a combo kill (unless you're using Helm Rip or Painter's Servant). Most decks want you mill through their shit, because they're working with 4x of each nonbasic and milling 1 or even 2 won't hurt them that bad. And some decks, like Dredge, fucking love it when you mill their shit since you're doing their job for them.
>>
>>50384620
in competitive Pokemon TCG every single deck plays 1-3 copies of the same creature?
how broken is this card, in magic terms?
>>
>>50384436
Your lgs should have bought more ravagers to sell that this faggot >>50384404
Bad investing isnt wotc's problem.
>>
>>50385242
>how broken is this card, in magic terms?
i don't play the pokemon tcg, but looking at the card he draws you up to 6 cards, seems pretty broken
>>
>>50385242

Shaymin's played because when you play it, you draw up to 6, which is very strong, especially since you can play multiple per turn and it doesn't count as your one Supporter per turn. HOWEVER, it's not without weaknesses. Basically, anything that can negate pokemon abilities shuts him down pretty hard. Shaymin's one attack requires a DCE or a serious tempo loss. 110 HP on an EX isn't a whole hell of a lot, especially when Raikou is a deck, along with Jolteon. And there's a card called Parallel City, which shutdowns bench heavy decks.

It is very much worth the $65 it's at, although it should be (and probably will be) reprinted.
>>
>>50383736

The MTG scene in my city is really small and close-knit. People are always lending cards to each other all the time. I've borrowed cards from my store owner and played a GP in an other state/country then came back. Usually they'd be cards i wasn't 100% sure on but was testing on the way(I tested Athreos God of Passage in Junk Elves as an example)
>>
>>50383925

Tron, Junk, and Infect are generally not the best matchups for soul sisters considering two of these decks don't care how much life you're on. You're basically an aggro deck that just wants to snowball and tempo wins. Ideally look into Norin sisters, it seems to be a more resilient shell.
>>
>>50386264
Maybe I'll just go back to affinity. I used to have almost all of affinity. Just couldn't afford the Mox Opal's and the Arcbound's. Eventually stripped it of the lands to buy into standard (huge mistake).

But buying back into affinity would win more games than soul sisters would. Only problem is that everyone in my meta runs so much side-board hate for affinity.
>>
>>50386336

Affinity is a solid deck. I personally find the deck boring to play after a while but that's just due to my personal playstyle. One thing though with Affinity is you are going to have to learn to fight through immense hate though these days I think there's generally more hate for Dredge than Affinity these days but experienced people always pack severe artifact hate in the side.
>>
>>50386336

>Only problem is that everyone in my meta runs so much side-board hate for affinity.

Yeah there's a saying about Affinity. "Affinity's worst matchup is the sideboard"
>>
>>50386468
Yea I found it kinda boring at times too. One guy called it a "smoker's deck" cause you either win really fast or lose really fast.

>>50386476
Yea the people in my meta are crazy, it used to be only me and one other guy playing affinity and EVERYONE runs some sort of artifact hate and we both haven't played affinity in months and they all still have artifact hate sideboard. Dredge is becoming more popular though so maybe people will start letting go of the affinity hate for graveyard hate.
>>
>>50384357
I did immediately as I saw that the only red cards were really Lightning Bolt. Path is in general just better. It's the same as RG tron but with paths over bolts and no groves.
>>
>>50385542
Drawing new cards is strong because you get to see new cards to do new things but people that don't play pokemon, card advantage isn't the same in pokemon as it is in mtg.

Obviously more cards is better but having 6 to your opponent's 2 does NOT mean you're favored to win. Especially because there are cards like Shaymin that just draw 6, or search 3, or discard your hand draw 7. Card advantage doesn't matter because you're not trading cards on any real basis (for the most part) and there are plenty of ways to get more cards easy as thopter pie
>>
Now that Standard metagame is 30% W/U Flash and 20% G/B Delirium, I was thinking of getting into Modern. Want to make this to start with, then upgrade with Skittles, Thoughtseize, Inkmoth and such
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-68-26-tix-modern-mono-black-infect

It is a tad bit old though, are there any standard legal cards that would be worth putting in meanwhile? I was thinking Harsh Scrutiny instead of Blackmail, Grasp of Darkness instead of Victim of the Night because dredge, and maybe Transgress the Mind instead of Wrench Mind.
>>
>>50384357
I've been playing 5c tron since ever. Just swap the groves with city of brass, and boom! You have un restricted sideboard
>>
>>50384147
>I think the health of the game would be better served by catering to its established player-base and carving out a niche as the more complex and rewarding game

No, you don't think that. You *want* that.
Unless you're actually retarded. Then you might honestly think that.
>>
>>50381071
the main thing with Korean cards that I see a lot of is korean planeswalkers, because the way they print the numbering on a few +2 abilities makes them look like +1s.
>>
>>50387711
Other than Lili of the Veil, I think 8rack is fairly cheap.

I was thinking of a BG 8-rack deck like this.

4 The Rack
4 Shrieking Affliction
4 Raven's Crime
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
3 Thoughtseize
4 Smallpox
3 Hymn to Tourach Whispers of Emrakul instead of Wrench Mind
4 Liliana of the Veil
2 Life from the Loam
4 Dismember

4 Verdant Catacombs
2 Overgrown Tomb
4 Blooming Marsh
6 Swamp
4 Mutavault
4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

I want to try Whispers of Emrakul because it's new Hymn to Tourach but I don't know how often I'll have delirium. I'm going to try it over Wrench Mind because Whispers is random and can be cast with Mutavault without Urborg.

This manabase also only has 10 sources for Loam but Frank Karsten says 10 is okay if you need 1 colored source by turn 5.

Will run it through my gauntlet. I'll let you guys know how it works.

Life from the Loam is broken and belongs in every deck. It only costs a single G making it easy to splash, every deck already plays fetches, so one fetch that's your main color + G shouldn't be difficult to squeeze in and as long as you have 1G available, blood moon fuckers can't fuck you up.
This list doesn't have basic forest because without urborg, it doesn't help us cast anything but Loam
I know Lili, dismember, whispers and the rack can be cast off of basic forest
>>
>>50388219
Just from doing some goldfishing delirium isn't going to happen unless loam starts going or you get Lili on t3 and are able to plus her and give yourself delirium that way.

Wrench Mind > Whispers most of the time unless the deck is reconfigured.

Loam seems to give the deck gas it was lacking before. The downside is it loses worse to blood moon now with 10 less basics in the deck. Technically Catacombs can still get basic swamp. Maybe I'll run 1 basic forest, too.
>>
>>50388394
>Loam
>Giving a deck gas
Since fucking when? You're not playing Dredge here, and you're certainly not playing Molten Vortex. You aren't even running the 1 copy of Dakmor Salvage to make sure you can always Raven's Crime every turn. And you're running 4 Raven's Crime.
>>
>>50388450
Not that anon, but i run it instead of crucible in tron. No idea why other decks would run it
>>
>>50388978
>>50388450
I am that anon. I also use Loam in tron.
>>
>>50389011
I don't even know if it's worth it in Tron. People don't tend to draw more than one Ghost Quarter, so if that Loam was just another land search card, you'd be in the same position. The difference being that Loam is useless when they haven't blown shit up, whereas searching for land is always good. If you want mad tech, something that can sac one of your own land while being useful could be interesting against Crumble to Dust.
>>
mutagenic growth, mutagenic growth, become immense shouldn't be legal

one of them gots ta go
>>
>>50389174
Banning fetchlands would solve the problem.
>>
>>50389060
I SB Loam for matches where they either have land destruction, or I want to reuse GQ. I like it better than crucible because it's immune to discard and it feeds itself. Dredge 3, if you hit a land, you can get that back in your hand too. It also isn't hit by artifact destruction.

It's not strictly better than crucible but I prefer the advantages loam has to the only 3 mana investment and colorless of crucible.
>>
>>50389182
Usually, but the game it just happened to me in I destroyed two inkmoths, he then played gitprobe and had 2 growths, become immense, 2 forests and a third inkmoth.
>>
>>50380982
Just buy fake fectch and shocks,
>>
>>50379824
>Monocolor casualfag detected
>>
everyone is always saying that blood moon punishes greedy manabases

give me an example of a manabase that isn't greedy that is two or more colors
>>
>>50381563
It's fun, but tends to be slow if your opponent can't read the writing on the wall. There is some deliciously spicy stuff if you splash another color.
>>
>>50390300
Sun & Moon
>>
>>50390300
RG Breach's mana base isn't greedy, but they're weak to blood moon for an entirely different reason than being unable to cast their spells
Suicide Bloo does fine under blood moon
>>
>>50383736
>should cost $15 per person no prize support.
That's obscene.

>>50384145
>FNM crowd buy all their cards and supplies online
I'd like to support my FLGS, but they don't sell singles on Friday, and all their supplies are of the meme variety.

>>50388219
Stupid question, but what is the other 4 racks in the name of the deck? Shrieking Affliction? Lili's bust?

>>50390300
If your nonbasics outnumber your basics, it's greedy.
>>
>>50391056
>If your nonbasics outnumber your basics, it's greedy.
that is every deck in every eternal format bar pauper
>>
>>50390300
White moon
Blue moon
Living end
Ug infect
Affinity
>>
>>50391056
Shrieking Afflicition is the other rack because it's a 1 mana permanent that deals damage for having few cards in hand. They do it differently, but Affliction is the rack, not Lili's rack. Maybe the deck should be called 12-rack because of Lili.
>>
How come lili's tits have gotten smaller?
I know she's old af now but she has like pacts with demons and shit to keep her young.
>>
What do I run for colored lands in GW Tron? Currently at 1 GQ, 2 Sanctums, 2 Karplusans, 2 forests in GR
>>
So do you guys think that dredge is gonna be tier 2 at least if golgari grave troll gets rebanned?
>>
>>50390539
>It's fun
No. Stop.
>>
>>50391707
Because different artists. Same reason why Nissa doesn't look zef as fok anymore in KLD.

>>50392085
How is it unfun?
>>
>>50392065
dredge just subs Thug in if troll gets banned and while it won't be milling half of the deck by turn 2 with a nut troll draw, I think it would still be very competetive.

Dredge will probably get axed due to all the complaints though
>>
>>50389182
No it wouldn't.
>>
>>50391707
Cuz of feminists
>>
File: JR_3.jpg (48KB, 421x308px) Image search: [Google]
JR_3.jpg
48KB, 421x308px
>>50391707
does this make up for it?
>>
I wish Electrostatic pummeler had a home in modern
It almost seems alright in something like Suicide Blood, since it's essentially an infect creature. Only problem is no evasion and 3 mana and artifact
Maybe some kind of RG pump deck? Still run git probes and blessings and swiftspears, maybe run nobles/birds
Just spitballing
>>
>>50389451
He can't be a monocolor casualfag because some mono color decks will run fetches, even just for the deck thinning aspect.
>>
>>50393304
If you're going as far as buying nobles you might as well be running infect at that point.
>>
What's the best place to buy boosters online? I'm afraid of buying packs that have had all the good cards taken out.
>>
>>50393434
I'm theorycrafting, I already own all that shit
>>
>>50393304

Kiln fiend?
>>
File: wilt leaf.jpg (8KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
wilt leaf.jpg
8KB, 263x192px
>>50388219
Man i love when i play against 8rack with my super spicy Abzan Liege list
>>
>>50393493
>Don't buy packs
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
How the fuck is this legal?
>>
>>50391988
>running less than 4 red sources in GR Tron
I get you're on a budget, but you should at least be running the 3rd Karplusan, and probably the 4th over a Sanctum/GQ. You really don't want to be wasting your Scrying effects on colored sources when you could sandbag them for hate.

As for GW Tron, the standard set up is 3 fastlands so you take minimal damage from your lands, and then 1 pain land/Horizon Canopy so you can get untapped W via Map/Scrying when you're desperate to cast that Path/SB card.
>>
>>50394169
Why shouldn't it be?
>>
Inexperienced player here. Is this mana count too low?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sunstrike/
>>
>>50394259
Yes and the deck is also really really bad.
>>
>>50394259
I absolutely love the description. What a break down. I can see you really put a lot of time and thought into this deck and you obviously like it a lot.
I'm terms of formatting the deck on tappedout I would get rid of the sub headings and just upload it as it is. Will make it less confusing. There is a life gain deck, sisters something. I've played against a red variant that you might be interested in.

I would drop the defensive pump for more creatures. Same goes for the enchantment too. There's a number of boros creatures you could play. Can't think of them right now. Boros reckoner??? Warleaders helix for more cheap burn or creatures again.

Hope this was helpful
>>
>>50392115
They're pushing Nissa as the Jacetice League's token waifu and it kinda works for me
>>
>>50394169
It's more or less banned. Judges or tournament organizers just have to enforce the shuffling rules regarding being able to do it in a timely manner. Nobody can actually shuffle it in a timely manner so they'll just get repeated game losses or disqualification.

Every now and then somebody gets it into their head to build the Battle of Wits deck. They are almost always immediately told that it's pretty rude to your opponent and nobody actually thinks it looks good when the TO or the judges have to lay down a ruling on the shuffling rules.

Like, think of how bad it looks to young or newer players when you let some dipshit grief other players with this thing. It's one thing to teach shuffling rules as a matter of courtesy, it's another thing to teach those rules using Battle of Wits as the fucking example.
>>
>>50393323
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/print.asp?ID=3096

Fetches for thinning is pointless.
>>
File: 1474834010250.png (2MB, 1936x940px) Image search: [Google]
1474834010250.png
2MB, 1936x940px
>>50394774
Shit taste duder.
>>
>>50395503
I can't believe that the thinning argument isn't dead yet.

It's the easiest myth to dispel and you don't even need to know statistics. You only have to know (and respect) that someone else has done the statistics.

Just like all the other stupid shit that persists in Magic it is still with us.

I seriously think that if we shot everybody who perpetuates the thinning argument the Magic community would be a better place. I'm not going to lie, in the past I would have been shot. But I have no doubt that a 10-25% of people would be gone.
>>
>>50395750
Show your math.
>>
>>50395983
literally google
>>
>>50395592
Liliana is a stuck up cunt at best. Was hot not just annoying
Chandra is an edgelord, was cute now insufferable.
nissa is a copy of yo landi and if I woke up chained to a bed, bleeding from whip lashes, and she's sitting over me spitting into my mouth I'd take it and like it
>>
>>50395983
>>50395503
???
>>
>>50396133
Thanks. It's a decent analysis, but it stops short.

Consider damage rates. Aggro decks will generally swing for overkill when they are winning, so the life loss you experience may not actually cost you anything, because you still would have lost. The statistical analysis shows a small thinning effect, which will sometimes give you functional card advantage in some games. If doing so is costless because the life loss doesn't accelerate your opponents win, the thinning effect is still statistically worth it.

Deck thinning is mostly a matchup question, not a statistical one.
>>
>>50396133
Retard is posting from a phone - no image in the post and the post is short. It's obvious because nobody can be that blind.
>>
>>50396214
"While the dead draws over the first 16 turns are not surprisingly negligible, over the first 16 turns we cannot realize, on average, a single extra card from our fetch lands. Even if we propagate this data further, the first card we see in the 4/16 case is not realized until around the 36th turn, and at an average cost of 2.8 life. The first card for 8/12 is realized on the 25th turn, but at a cost of 4.3 life."

Burn wants to deal 3 per card. In the 4/16 case you pay 2.8 life for potentially 1 "more" card. The 8/12 shows a card after 25 turns with 4.3 life lost.
Against burn you're doing them a favor if you think it's deck thinning.
>matchup question
He showed it didn't hold relivance for the first 16 turns. There's very very few games that ride out that level and even fewer that go to turn 25 or 36.
Unless you play soul sisters.
>>
Next Deck to Build?
Current got:
- Infect;
- Dredge.

I was thinking about Affinity (which I love (played a lot before)) but I think I would always compare it to Infect, and end up only playing one of them.
What is your thoughs about RG Breach? Is it fun? or does it feel like Ad nauseam?

Decks I had but didn't enjoy:
- Merfolks (i prefer the aggro type of Affinity/Infect, like "all-in")
- Living End (I liked but it felt like the same and the game moved around just 1 card)
- Bant Eldrazi (found it very boring after a couple of months (although i enjoyed it a lot in the beggining);
- Burn (same as Merfolks).

Does anyone that has similar tastes can recommend another Modern Deck?
>>
>>50396663
Breach isn't like AN at all, AN is so fucking boring
>t. spent tons of hours on AN
>>
>>50396730
Do you think it's different and competitive enough when compared to the other 2 Decks, while being fun?

Thanks for the reply.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 225x224px
>took forever to decide on playing Tron
>Built Tron, been playing it for a few months
>Now I just want to build more decks
>mfw having to decide again
>>
>>50397089
I used to have this problem, but then I built Bogles.
>>
>>50397089
>built tooth and nail, want to build another deck
>build bushwacker zoo want to build another deck
>build naya burn want to build another deck
>want to build big naya but it costs 900 fucking dollars
>>
>>50396777
It's not terribly fun or interactive, a lot of times you're just killing with Valakut triggers over a period. That said, it's still really competitive, it can kill on turn 3 with a good draw and land destruction is in weak supply in modern so you've basically got this non-interactive inevitability.
Affinity is affinity, it's not going to change and it's always going to be weak to artifact hate. If you've already got dredge and Infect, I'd say go for Breach
>>
Reminder that the reason people want to build multiple Modern decks is because every deck in Modern is unsatisfying to play.
>>
>>50398365
This isn't entirely true.
Investing in Modern is a good way to build up the assets to buy into Legacy. It's a very save option.
>>
>>50398388
Note how what you said has nothing to do with what I said.
>>
>>50398365
Not true. I just like to switch it up

Take your shit attitude elsewhere
>>
>>50398388
>Investing in Modern is a good way to build up the assets to buy into Legacy.
I can see the above poster pointing out your comment has nothing to do with his comment about Modern being unsatisfying.

Buying into Legacy is the second dumbest thing a person can do right now in this game. The first being buying into Vintage. The word "investing" shouldn't even be a part of a gamer's lexicon. It shouldn't be a thing. It's a fucking game, one that uses plastic and cardboard pieces. And the reality right now is that some of those game pieces are going for hundreds of dollars a piece, they're not getting reprinted and you need multiples to play Legacy.

If you want to play Legacy, insist on playing with fake cards. Color printing is like $0.10 a page. Color printers cost $60.

This game is going to fucking die and it's all because people treat getting a deck like buying a car. Except you don't get the car immediately.

Support your local store in other ways. Let Legacy and Vintage fucking die. And tell the people who promote it to go fuck themselves. If I could I would kill the Reserve List and have my Legacy duals drop to $10 in value just so I don't have to listen to people like you make weak-ass implications that the braindead corpse on life-support that is Legacy has any chance of waking up.
>>
What's the difference between the different delver variants? (Grixis, Temur, Jeskai)
>>
>>50398594
They run different colours. There is no fundamental difference.
>>
>>50398594
I guess the best difference is how much they disrupt the opponent
Grixis has black discard, Jeskai has Path, Temur has raw power and some blue shit
>>
>>50398594
Jeskai is my least favourite just because path seems bad in a tempo deck.
Grixis is more hard removal and control
RUG is pure tempo with a few sneakier tricks and a sideboard that combats midrange.
>>
>>50394792

It's not banned in the slightest. All that is required is that you must be able to shuffle your deck unassisted. I played at GP Melbourne this year next to some dude with a Battle of Wits deck in the Super Sunday Series. No slow play infractions on his end.
>>
>>50394792
>Like, think of how bad it looks to young or newer players when you let some dipshit grief other players with this thing.
I think Wizards should be more concerned about cheating or blatant douchbaggery (Kent Ketter's graveyard).

>>50394259
>Is this mana count too low?
Depends on how willing you are to mulligan.

>>50396663
8-rack.

>>50398365
What is your format of choice then?

>>50398539
>Buying into Legacy is the second dumbest thing a person can do right now in this game.
Buying into competitive commander seems slightly dumber to me.
>>
>>50398871
tl;dr The time necessary to achieve randomization of your deck during a shuffle falls under slow play. Yes, it's not banned. You'll just get DQ'd. So you might as well figuratively treat the card as banned unless showing up and getting booted out after the first round is somehow not the same as getting DQ'd.

3.3 Tournament Error — Slow Play

Definition
A player takes longer than is reasonably required to complete game actions. If a judge believes a player is intentionally playing slowly to take advantage of a time limit, the infraction is Unsporting Conduct — Stalling.

Examples
C) A player takes an excessive amount of time to shuffle his deck (between games).

3.4 Tournament Error — Insufficient Shuffling

Definition
A player unintentionally fails to sufficiently shuffle his or her deck or portion of his or her deck before presenting it to his or her opponent or fails to present it to his or her opponent for further randomization. A deck is not shuffled if the judge believes a player could know the position or distribution of one or more cards in his or her deck.
>>
>>50399178
I want to play a regular Constructed format (let's say Modern cardpool) where Battle of Wits just says, "At the beginning of your upkeep, you win" - no caveat about 200 cards. The only deckbuilding restriction is that the deck must contain 4 copies of Battle of Wits.
>>
>>50399273
On one hand, it's a terrible idea.
On the other, it's probably the most efficient way to police decks that don't interact with anything, ever.
>>
>>50396663
Goblins is always fun.

You could always brew up some jank combo deck for larfs.
>>
>>50399305
Now that I think about it, a moderately-costed card that lets you win so long as you resolve it and protect it until you untap sounds exactly like every control win-condition ever.

Because you're not casting this stupid thing at 5-mana like every control win-condition. You don't actually tap out and start swinging in with Colonnade at 6-lands. You cast this thing at 9-mana when you got two counterspells up to protect it.

I would be interested to see what a card like that would be like just inserted into Modern. If it's dogshit then I think this Battle of Wits format would be funny. I know it's a shitty idea, but it sounds more interesting than a typical new Constructed format like Frontier.
>>
>>50399400
I could see a lot of turn 2 wins with something like that.
>>
>>50399412
With a Modern cardpool? No way. Savage narrow hate-cards like Ray of Revelation and Annul are in the format.
>>
>>50399400
>new constructed format
Just do the Pokemon thing and make a UU format. Anything with more than 2.0% usage in the last two month (as by mtgtop8.com) is banned.
>>
>>50399467
Too hard to moderate because of the time it would take to keep track of prices every update cycle. Just like formats with cost restrictions are too hard to police.

With Battle of Wits you just have to show four copies in your deck. Done.
>>
>>50399497
MTGO exists.
>>
>Ryan on Nexus is fine with leaving some combo cards in because he says combo is an integral part of the format
>But you absolutely have to ban SSG even though it sees no play
Every time I visit it, it becomes more and more of a joke. Sad!
>>
>>50399576
What, MTGO has a way of designing custom formats with custom card pools and banlists?

I doubt that.

I'm not even too sure if there's a way of ensuring getting into the same booster draft with your friends.

>>50399599
I often wonder how much clickbait money is made every three months from people who think they have the best idea of what needs to get banned or unbanned. Every three months it's the same discussion over the same cards. You could probably copy-paste articles from the past three years together and nobody would be able to tell you stole those ideas.

I swear, there are so many experts in this game putting their shit online. I can't keep track of it anymore, people are just posting shit non-stop on Facebook or Reddit or even citing new people all the time at the store. And it doesn't even matter if the opinion is valid or not, there will be another followup article discussion why Wizards did or didn't follow their suggestions - an article that says everything but, "Wizards doesn't give a shit" - that's the mid-format article title.

Sometimes, I feel like people are spending more time following the social media of Magic than it is getting good at Magic.
>>
>>50399827
>""""""""""experts""""""""""
>>
>>50399827
MTGO, being a computer game, could be programmed to track card use percentages and disallow the use of any card over a certain percentile.

I am not saying MTGO is capable of this. I am saying however, that Microsoft Excel is capable of it, and so MTGO could be too if Wizards cared.
>>
>>50399896
In this day and age all it takes is your sewage to be put in online print and you're an expert. Someone is paying you to put your swill on the Internet. And the way people go about things all it takes is a citation to give a shitty argument enough legs to run.

I mean, take this. I say, "With a few exceptions, black has no countermagic." Some fucker will immediately pipe up the couple exceptions like they're relevant because everyone wants to think they're big dick boss at this game.

I used to be like that. Then I realized it didn't fucking matter. You can speculate all you want but at the end of the day Wizards will just do nothing or do something and we have to just deal with it. It doesn't matter what the spoilers are, we won't get to play with that shit until it comes out - and only idiots preorder and even bigger idiots brag about how they preordered and won big but fail to mention how many times preordering burned them.

>>50399968
Looking at companies like Valve, they add useless features all the fucking time for no profit but at least they waste their time doing something. Wizards owns digital cocaine and won't lift a finger to put it in a bag for you, when you buy from then they just drop it on the floor and you can snort it from there.

I don't know where a person can rip all the price data from MTGO. I'm pretty sure the sites that buy/sell using bots on MTGO make their price data hard to rip. Sites used to rip SCG data, but SCG blocked that.
>>
>>50399178

Again that has nothing to do with the issue of Battle of Wits being banned or not so I have no idea why you would post a piece of the rules that has zero determination of whether a card is banned or not. Sufficient randomization of a Battle of Wits deck is easily achieved as long as you can demonstrate sufficient randomization when shuffling unassisted no matter the method. The player was sitting next to me, I watched him shuffle with sufficient riffle shuffling and final few pieces of mash shuffling. A JUDGE watched him shuffle and found no infraction.
>>
>>50400064
What pisses me off is that the people that claim to be experts at the game are just random johns.
I'd listen to the advice of a Reid Duke or LSV because I know they've put up real results, and even then I'm skeptical, since players will always have bias towards certain strategies. But when someone's talking to me about what needs to be banned and the health of the format and all that and all they have to show for it is "I top 32'd a PPTQ once" and then everyone acts like that guy's hot shit, I get mad
>>
>>50376649
>Does your country celebrate anything like thanksgiving?
Yeah, christmas
>>
>>50399178
>Reasonably required

A battle of wits deck would have a higher reasonable requirement for shuffling time. Only a really bad judge or general asshole would think it is unreasonable that a 220 card deck takes longer to shuffle than a 60 card deck.

Which are you?
>>
>>50400260
When it comes to wasting my time I'm a general asshole. I didn't come to FNM to sit across some guy shuffle his collection of Planeswalkers, fetchlands and good-stuff.

If the guy had the sense to not actually have many shuffle effects then fine. I can see a Battle deck not being tedious. But nobody plays that deck well, people play that deck to fuck with people and they think it's fucking great to make the other guy watch them take the match to 0-0-0.

I've been to many stores where the owners tell people, "Please don't play Eggs, we're not going to stop you from playing it but we want people to enjoy their time here". I've played at other stores that say when Stasis was around they just utterly banned it from the store because people were just getting disgusted that they couldn't do anything.
>>
>>50400439
There's nothing wrong with eggs. It's just like lantern; people need to know when they're beat
>>
>>50400920
Well some people are whiny bitches. And some people just aren't that good. And some people just have been told the horrific lie to never concede, which undermines the whole concept of getting good enough at the game to realize you have no way out.

I'm not one for hug box safe zones but I understand the principle enforcing a comfort thing just to make things easier for everyone and to avoid conflict. To me, soft-banning thing a thing like Eggs just to stop the people who fucking suck at playing the deck is fine collateral damage even if it means I can't play it even though I can do it well. You can't force people to do things well so you have to cull it at a higher level, and unfortunately that means killing the deck.

Like, my store bans swearing. We're all the saltiest motherfuckers and the owner swears a ton. But we all understand that having kids and parents view the game as a friendly thing during things like prereleases ultimately benefits everyone more than letting some guy be natural. There's a cussing jar and it's full of dollar bills. It's a joke and really only regulars and owner put money in it, but it is a reminder that we're trying to minimize conflict.

The overlying philosophy of a pleasant community is to not fuck with people. Or just avoid doing things that fuck with people. And you can't tell people to not be assholes so you have to just put in measures that prevent assholes behavior from happening. It's what SJW people don't understand - because they see every slight and assume the person is an asshole so they respond by being assholes instead of criticizing the environment that breeds that behavior and how to improve that. So discouraging people from playing Eggs or Lantern is not unfair, it's just preventing assholes from ruining everyone's fun.
>>
>>50400439

>"Please don't play Eggs, we're not going to stop you from playing it but we want people to enjoy their time here".

Why the fuck would anyone want to stop someone from playing Eggs? Fucking let them play and you get to setup a picnic and have a nice time.
>>
>>50394225
>>50391988
Like said, the standard is 3 fast lands, 1 pain land.

The fast lands ETB untapped before tron is online allowing you to scrying/stirrings or whatever without taking damage.

After tron is online, unless you have ugin and a fast land, the fast lands ETB tapped and really aren't a problem.
I've had a few games where I've played turn 3 tron and played worldbreaker/karn/wurmcoil and had the fast land as my 4th land and drawn ugin as a second threat/stabilizer and been unable to play it until my next turn.
I've also had games where turn 4 ugin was my only play, so I played tron piece, tron piece, fast land, tron piece and just played some dinky artifacts on turn 3.

I've thought about some number of Temple Garden because it can always ETB untapped. I've been paying close attention to my life total and I've never ended a game at 2 or less life unless I was dead and dead beyond that 2 life. It's possible my opponents would play differently if I was at 2 less life but 2 fast land 2 pain lands is probably better than any temple gardens.

Grove is played in GR tron because it always ETB untapped and never deals you damage. Tron doesn't care about the opponent's life total and can even win through infinite life (ulamog)
>>
>>50394774
Same. Nissa is my favorite waifu. I was into that kinda stuff I might look into a Nissa figure of some kind.
and may or may not hot glue it
>>
>>50395503
It is pointless because it's negligible.
It DOES decrease the amount of lands in your deck but if your deck is 24 lands and you kept 7 with two lands on the play and fetch on turn 1, look at this.

22/53 = 41.5% lands for your first draw step
21/52 = 40.38% lands for your first draw step

Yeah, taking the land out of your deck maximizes the chances of drawing a not land but the people that think fetching to thin ACTUALLY helps also only pile shuffle then present their deck for a cut.
>>
>>50395592
I ship NissaxChandra
Lili is mono black and doesn't have feelings for Chandra. Or anyone but herself.
why that nissa art? Why not use all from the same cycle?
>>
File: 1340825989530.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1340825989530.gif
6KB, 200x200px
Any fun budget (<$100) decks that are just one or two colors? Mainly looking at green(Stompy/Forcemage) or white(Emeria control or Spirits), but going blue for Quest for Ula's Temple looks fun as well.
>>
>>50401855
Zombie Hunt.
>>
>>50401855

>Modern
>Budget
>One or two colours

I think what you want to play Possibility Storm combo. So basically you get Possibile Storm out and then cast Endless One(old variants used to use Ornithopter but you wouldn't be able to play Lotus Bloom/Pentad Prism on that) and then you "cascade" into an Emrakul, The Eons Torn. I have non-budget cards in the deck (Scalding Tarn, Steam Vents) but you can get by without them. My most spiciest tech for the deck though is a playset of Zoetic Caverns
>>
>>50398539
invest for monetary gain, yes, shouldn't exist

invest in the sense that they are putting money into X format and now have more cards and probably more staples means they can play more decks.

If someone said they wanted to play modern but for some reason, has a number of cards limit they can buy, I'd recommend buying fetches/shocks first because they go in almost every deck.

>>50398594
Grixis
>Tasigur and Grumag Angler as extra threats
>Most likely to have Young Pyromancer
>Terminate and Murderous Cut as removal
>KCommand is baller
>Thoughtseize effects are an option
>Is just Grixis Control, but with more threats, making it more of a tempo deck

Temur
>Is called monkey grow because people are fags and listen to modernnexus
>Tarmogoyfs and Hooting Mandril as extra threats
>Most likely to have Bedlam Reveler
>Typically only one with Monastery Swiftspear
>Atarka's Command
>Has to rely on cards like Bolt/Vapor Snag for removal

Jeskai
>Geist of Saint Traft as extra threat
>Path to Exile as removal

URx Delver skeleton
>4 Delver of Secrets
>1-4 Snapcaster Mage
>0, 2 or 3 Young Pyromancer
>4 Serum Visions
>3 Gitaxian Probe
>3-4 Thought Scours if delve spells
>2 Spell Snare
>2 Mana Leak
>2 Deprive
>0-1 Electrolyze
>4 Lightning Bolt
>17-20 lands

Other good choices
>Grim Lavamancer
>Monastery Swiftspear
>Thing in the Ice
>Stormchaster Mage
>Bedlam Reveler
>Seal of Fire
>Forked Bolt
>Tarfire
>Negate
>Spell Pierce
>Vapor Snag
>Ponder
>Preordain
>Brainstorm
>Treasure Cruise
>Dig through Time

I'm going to try a Grixis List with Bedlams, wish me luck.
>>
>>50402028
Acquiring staples is a waste of effort/money for no fun gained. You'll have a pile of staples and no decks. There's no point in having a pile of shocks or lands (even if they're fairly ubiquitous) for the sake of having staples if you aren't going to use them immediately.

Acquire cards for decks, then when you reach milestones you will have decks instead of "a playset of this or that shock/fetch". And even then, I wouldn't even acquire cards. I would just acquire decks. Then every bit of effort yields something immediately usable.
>>
>>50396663
Elves is good, has a little bit more play than merfolk but still balls to the wall powerful. Cheap too. I'm building Jeskai Ascendancy right now too and while the deck still isn't tier 2, its a fun way to waste 20 minutes of someones time at fnm.
>>
>>50396663

I'll second Elves as what >>50402238 said. Elves is fast like Affinity that is just slower by 1 turn but doesn't fold as hard to particular hate cards. Hell sometimes you don't even need to attack to win and you very rarely mulligan most of the time since you have so much extra mana sources.
>>
>>50380593
t. 5 color aggro deck
>>
>>50399599
Ryan overturf is a faggot but spirit guide sees play in ad nauseam and the free win blood moon decks
>>
Is there anything like an enchantment that just says cards cannot be exiled?
>>
>>50404572
No, you'll just have to live with the fact that dredge loses to sideboard cards
>>
>>50402238
Elves is cool and all but I disagree that is has more play than fish.
>>
>>50378983
wizards could just go ahead and reprint all the shit that costs hundreds of dollars and stop people from playing half the formats in the game. unless they are going to make an actually good online way to play thats the only way they can make magic great again. i want to play legacy and cant because i dont have 1k monies to piss away on duel lands before buying any actual cards. same with most modern decks really. i play with green stompy and infect because its literally the only shit i can afford that seems even remotely interesting. basically the only format where you can win on a budget and have fun at the same time is EDH and getting an EDH play group/decks together is a massive pain in the ass
>>
>>50405105
the problem with reprints is that
>things need to be reprinted into the dirt before prices go down, demand is that high for some of these things
>reprinting almost any modern staple in a standard-legal expansion causes endless bitching from that crowd. Remember Thoughtseize in theros?

Just get into MTGO. It's the future, and will likely get more support than paper over the next decade.
If only they'd make the client better.
>>
>>50405201
who gives a shit? the only people bitching are a small vocal minority that only care because they are hoarding those cards and artificially keeping prices high so they can continue to be mega jews. i can say with utter certainty that reprinting everything over like 50-100 bucks to the point where they are affordable would flood life back into paper magic and sell ridiculous amounts of product

i do agree though that online is the best solution though. they just need to make MTGO not absolute dog shit UI wise, stop making people pay twice for things they already own (just do digital codes like pokemon, how is that hard?), and figure out an affordable way for people to get old cards online. hell a free draft of some random ass set every month would probably do it on its own
>>
>>50405201
>>reprinting almost any modern staple in a standard-legal expansion causes endless bitching from that crowd. Remember Thoughtseize in theros?
doesnt have to be in standard, they could just keep doing modern and eternal masters shit every 3-6 months or so
>>
>>50405300
I'm not sure I was clear.
The people complaining about the Thoughseize reprint were the casual standard players who were not used to premium interaction.
That is to say, the primary market that cracks packs was complaining.

"investors" don't care much about reprints, because it means new cards to hoard. Even if the cost goes down a bit, the opportunity to get new stock is worthwhile. Take a look at the Alpha Investments guy stockpiling KTK packs for the fetchlands.
You can bet a Lilly of the Veil reprint wouldn't drop the price, because so many people still want their hands on the card it can continue to demand its $100 price.

Which is a shame, because there's no good reason premium black removal like Doomblade and Victim are at most $2 for a playset, while a single Bolt costs $3 and Path is $10 per.

>>50405414
Sure, but that's still second-rate reprinting and hasn't done all that much. Namely because WotC places too much value on maintaining an "enjoyable draft environment"
>>
>>50405441
Reminder that Wizards could print whatever they wanted as FNM promos but continue to give us unplayable standard commons. Imagine if LotV was the promo next month. Imagine how many people would be playing FNM.
>>
>>50405639
The problem with having FNM promos that are worth anything is that the stores just keep and sell them instead of handing them out for free
>>
>>50405670
>Report it to Wizards
>Sanctions ensue
>>
>>50405670
not if you report that shit to wizards
>>
>>50405441
throw them in duel decks then, or commander stuff, or X masters, or in bundles. there are tons of places that wizard could put them without effecting standard. think if every bundle had a pack of modern shit in it too. it would make people actually buy the bundles and all they have to do is make enough of them and learn from the BFZ fiasco
>>
>>50405740
>the BFZ fiasco
Wizards of the Coast, where we learn from our mistakes then make the same mistakes again.
>>
What's the chance of wizards reprinting guru lands?
>>
>>50406066
-1000%
>>
>>50406066
They're available on mtgo when you buy the mormir basic thing or whatever it is ;)
>>
>>50406160
Guru lands don't look very good with the small pictures though. Lands from Invasion and sets from the same time are the best MTGO basics.
>>
>>50406188
I don't play on MTGO. I was just letting a fellow anon know where he COULD get gurus.

I use cockatrice because I'm poor and everyone quits after G1 and plays jank like bant Dungrove Elder.
>>
File: data.png (26KB, 543x359px) Image search: [Google]
data.png
26KB, 543x359px
>>50406308
I recently started keeping track of games and cockatrice users are playing shit decks. And the ones that aren't are better players than me and smash me. That's how you learn, though.
>>
>>50400064
It could be done just like how Smogon does its tiers. Every month they post usage statistics of all the Pokemon in each tier. Then, each one with x amount or less is dropped a tier.

They also hold special "suspect tours" to help with banning certain Pokemon.

It is literally not that hard.
>>
>>50406354
>autism.png
>>
>>50406354
>cockatrice
Keeping track of what decks you play against is a good idea though, I'd do it but I play too many games
>>
It feels like there's a home for some of the Magus cards but I have no idea what it is
I think Abyss and Moat are really fucking good though. Tabernacle seems kinda overrated, but Bazaar seems good in some core
Yes I know why they're weak, that doesn't mean they still don't have a home
>>
>>50407745
Oh hahahaha, yes it's very funny how you "accidentally" posted modern stuff in a Standard thread.

Everyone applaud this man for his creativity, wit, and general humour.
>>
>>50408082
What the fuck are you going on about
>>
>>50408082
Fucking wew lad
>>
I love love LOVE playing Ad Nauseam. I really hope they don't ban SSG because teenage whiners and "pro" players can't handle fotm dredge
>>
>>50408589
What do you like about it so much?
Not hating, just not my kinda deck so I'm curious
>>
>>50408589
It gets so boring after a while but I'm with you on SSG
>>
>>50408589
Oh no! You're going to have to find another way to cast your win condition after you greedily draw your entire deck! How will you ever go on? I hope they do ban SSG just so I can drink the tears of faggots like you.
>>
>>50408897
Creature babies need to off themselves. I'm sorry you can't comprehend anything past beating face with monsters. Stay mad though
>>
File: 1337794736727.png (309KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1337794736727.png
309KB, 480x800px
>>50408589
>non-interactive linear combo
i just don't see how it's mechanically interesting to play. i do however love dreamcrushing AdNaus players in my area because they all seem to be infected with terminal smug.
>vial in true believer
>they don't have mana to pact through thalia
>their face when
>>
>>50408915
Aw, I'm sorry. Did I upset you because I tried to interact with you? I know that really triggers combo players.
>>
>>50408947
>4 guides
>storm costs 3
???
>>
>>50408897
>>50408947
>>50409292

EXACTLY the reason I love playing Ad Nauseam. People get INCREDIBLY buttmad when you combo off, especially considering it takes no skill. I love love LOVE when they make me combo off too and reveal every card instead of just conceding. I make sure to reveal every card very deliberately and purposefully.

Sometimes, when they make me combo off, especially the turn before they were going to win, I feign like I don't know how to do the combo. I fake like I'm doing very hard calculations (even though it's the easiest thing in the world), and mime different plays out while I have a hand full of 40 cards.

Sometimes, if they're acting particularly salty, I re-read the cards that I've revealed as if I don't really understand my deck.

Only playing RG Tron feels this good.
>>
>>50409475
This is why Modern is such a shit format.
>>
>>50409489
There's no Ad Nauseam players in Frontier, friend.
>>
>>50409622
Also no fun cards
>>
>>50409475
>RG Tron
Why not try making your own deck from the ground up? I guess I'll just never understand why simpletons want to dumb the game down to such an effortless endeavor by just mindlessly slamming cards down on the table and drooling on them. People who play competitively don't really understand the game, nor do they care to. They usually don't even know the rules outside of paying mana costs. I, on the other hand, find it gratifying to build and design my own decks, gaining a deep intimate knowledge of the game and its inner workings. The only reason I look at decklists on the internet is to make sure that I'm not currently building a 75-card deck thats already been built by somebody before.
>>
>>50409384
>casting storm for 3 with thalia on board
JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!
>>
>>50409781
Pact first dumb dumb
>>
>>50409774
>The only reason I look at decklists on the internet is to make sure that I'm not currently building a 75-card deck thats already been built by somebody before.
This is literally impossible. With the amount of players there are out there you can't build a a deck that no one else has built before
>>
>>50409489
>only my fun is the right fun
Grow up some day friend
>>
>>50409855
Like the other guy said, how can linear uninteractive goldfish combo possibly be fun? You literally either draw it or don't, there are no meaningful decisions to make at all. It's worse than Burn
>>
>>50409820
That mindset is why you fail.
>>
>>50409891
Stop posting desolator
>>
>>50409622
i'd rather play against AdNaus than 4C Company forever
>>
>>50409798
>using pact on thalia rather than believer or phyrexian revoker knowing that either one of those two cards shuts you down completely
>walking it into selfless spirit
psssh nothin presonnel kid
>>
>>50410092
>implying anyone runs believer
>implying i can't just storm in response to it's ETB trigger
heh, nothin personel kiddo
>>
>>50409475
The best part of them making you combo off is revealing cards off of Ad Nauseam as if you don't realize you can flip your entire deck, then acting surprised when you have the correct cards to win after flipping.
>>
File: uXDtQS1.jpg (50KB, 582x741px) Image search: [Google]
uXDtQS1.jpg
50KB, 582x741px
>>50409774
>>
File: 1469551097075.png (287KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
1469551097075.png
287KB, 368x469px
>>50410132
>True Believer
>ETB Trigger
>>
File: 1341066310449.png (262KB, 826x667px) Image search: [Google]
1341066310449.png
262KB, 826x667px
>>50410132
>>implying anyone runs believer
TB is the tech to beat Lightning Storm in Aether Vial decks

>implying i can't just storm in response to it's ETB trigger
it isn't a trigger

>arguing Death & Taxes tech with death & taxes guy
>>
>>50410180
>>50410200
I should have clarified I meant Revoker's trigger
I can't do dick if believer comes in
>implying I'm retarded
>>
>>50410214
phyrexian revoker isn't a trigger, either.

Oracle text is 'As' rather than 'When', which means that the card is named at the exact time that Revoker is put onto the battlefield without changing priority between players. This is relevant because once the Revoker cast or the ability that places the Revoker onto the battlefield (ie. Aether Vial, Sneak Attack, Show and Tell, etc.) resolves from the stack the Revoker is on the battlefield and card is considered 'named' and cannot use any activated abilities.
>>
>>50410353
I could have sworn that pithing needle had a trigger, guess not
Not something I've ever run into
>>
>>50409873
Like I said, your idea of fun isn't the only kind of fun.
>>
>>50410438
If you like drawing cards and arbitrarily declaring you win while playing solitaire why not just shuffle up a deck of playing cards?
>>
>>50410409
>Not something I've ever run into
it's pretty niche in this format.

>pithing needle, does it resolve?
>yes
>i name your fetchland
is a thing you might run in to more than
>vial on two, activate, does it resolve?
>revoker naming your mcguffin
in modern

i've caught a few people right out with T1 OTP yolo Needle on a fetch g2/3
>>
>>50410460
Because I can't make kids like you cry by playing with a deck of playing cards.
>>
>>50410542
You're the one who got his panties all in a bunch over the thought of a SSG ban, friendo :)
>>
>>50410460
Hoogland pls go.
>>
>>50410558
>Lets ban all the cards I don't like
>Wew look mom Im having constructive discussion!

Go back to the daily "What wud u ban??" reddit post.
>>
>>50410578
That's all this thread has ever been, bro, and if it were up to me I'd ban shitters like you
>>
>>50410597
>Anybody who disagrees with me is a shitter and needs to be banned!

Man, fuck off. You're the reason why these generals are sofuxkong cancerous. And no, talking about hypothetical banning is not constructive discussion
>>
>>50380593
Not all nonbasic lands really improve your mana output.

Like, Skarrg, the Rage Pits. Tapping just yields 1; the real bonus for playing it is being able to tap with RG to buff and trample.
>>
Give me your favorite Tribal for modern. Trying to build faeries right now, looking at humans or 8whack. Eldrazi and fish need not apply.
>>
>>50411124
Allies
>>
>>50411124
elementals/shamans
Spirits
Snow mountains
Elves
>>
>>50411124
goblins
faeries
>>
>>50411124
Vampires
>>
Decks that are mono-white or abzan colored? Besides the obvious abzan ones like junk or coco, looking for weird shit here
>>
>>50411124
arcane
grixis humans
>>
All the people who hates ad nauseum should just play infect and feel the tears
>>50411460
Abzan liege
>>
>>50411460
Weenie white or mono-white life gain
>>
>>50411460
You can play Doran but that's pretty much a coco deck. Pretty much the only mono white deck is soul sisters
>>
>>50411159
Elementals are pretty fun, might do that. Is there any point to doing anything other than azorious spirits? Is it worth splashing black for obzedat?
>>
>>50411518
You can splash green for CoCo and Hierarch or go black for lingering souls/Inquisition
>>
>>50411124
Shamans are the true master race.
>>
There's a sale on all shock and fetchlands on SCG. Are those good prices to buy into?
>>
>>50412169
Chinamen's are cheaper
>>
File: 1336987030276.png (24KB, 201x201px) Image search: [Google]
1336987030276.png
24KB, 201x201px
>>50412282
No shit, but I want to have the option to trade out and not be a douchebag for it.
>>
>>50411124
Lightning Bolt tribal
>>
File: enhanced-13249-1434118217-17.jpg (105KB, 607x463px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-13249-1434118217-17.jpg
105KB, 607x463px
>>50412328
>trading the cards that you need for every single deck in the format
>>
>>50398365
Been playing RUG Scapeshift since Valakut got unbanned.
Go fuck yourself m8.
>>
File: 1411971661117.png (262KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
1411971661117.png
262KB, 496x496px
>Play against Blood Moon deck with a 3 color deck
>Fetch non-mountain basics before they get a Blood Moon down
>Win the game no contest

Stop fetching like thirsty mother fuckers and maybe it won't be so bad

If they double SSG to get it out turn 1 or 2 alright fine you get got but other than that there's no excuse
>>
OFFICIAL MTG PLANESWALKER WAIFU POWER RANKINGS

1. Liliana
2. Tamiyo
3. Elspeth (RIP)
4. Vraska
5. Nissa
6. Chandra
7. Freyalise
8. Nahiri
9. Narset
10. Arlinn Kord

???. Ashiok

9001. Poo in the Loo
>>
I need a second opinion. Im fairly new and i want to build a Blue/Black control deck but i have no idea where to begin; can i get some help on where to start?
>>
>>50413033
Yes, buy Nahiri's and get jeskai control
>>
>>50413033
Well first off there isn't a really any good control on modern. You could try UB faeries, but even then it's not that strong. Second, if you're new then immediately jumping into modern as a competitive format might be a little too much. Try standard for a bit (hell just bring a pre-con deck or something) so you get a feel of what non-kitchen table magic us like. It doesn't really matter how awesome your homebrew deck is and how much it stomps your friends. More then likely it's garbage. Don't be afraid to netdeck. Even if you don't copy lists exactly it's nice to know what other people are playing and what's strong in the format and current meta. I could go on, but really just do some research into modern decks and see what tier 2/3 deck suits you to see if you like even playing moderbln
>>
Has anyone ever tried eldritch evolution in abzan liege or would that be too slow
>>
>>50380575
The chances of getting color screwed are about on par with just getting mana screwed in general. Mana is so goddamn flexible, it isn't even funny.
>>
start saving up for snapcasters
learn about your meta. significant presence of stuff like eldrazi, tron, or 8 rack will make it really hard to play blue control
look up grixis control. it's the most viable control deck with blue and black atm. You could try UB fae like the other anon said but i wouldn't recommend it for a newbie as it's got pretty small margins of error.
Practice with proxies or cockatrice/xmage before buying cards
>>
>>50413909
meant to reply to >>50413033
>>
Does anyone have a good list of R/G scapeshift? Not through the breach either because I'm a fag and want to play actual green red scapeshift
>>
>>50413991
7 Mountain
3 Forest
4 Scapeshift
4 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
4 Primeval Titan
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Search for Tomorrow
3 Khalni Heart Expedition
4 Explore
2 Farseek
4 Wooded Foothills
3 Windswept Heath
4 Cinder Glade
2 Stomping Ground
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Anger of the Gods
2 Summoner's Pact
SB: 4 Obstinate Baloth
SB: 1 Anger of the Gods
SB: 2 Nature's Claim
SB: 2 Ancient Grudge
SB: 3 Sudden Shock
SB: 1 Tireless Tracker
SB: 2 Grafdigger's Cage

This is mine, which got me to day 2 at Dallas. I would look at getting an EE or two for the sideboard but otherwise the deck is solid.
>>
>>50412707
Don't act like you mulligan until you have a hand with two fetches and that's your only qualification on what's keepable
>>
>>50414077
2x Anger of the Gods
4x Cinder Glade
2x Commune with Lava
1x Courser of Kruphix
4x Explore
1x Farseek
3x Khalni Heart Expedition
2x Lightning Bolt
4x Primeval Titan
4x Sakura-Tribe Elder
3x Scapeshift
4x Search for Tomorrow
1x Snow-Covered Forest
7x Snow-Covered Mountain
4x Stomping Ground
2x Summoner's Pact
4x Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
4x Windswept Heath
4x Wooded Foothills

This is my list commune with lava end of turn into your turn is amazing! It's a great dig spell
>>
ive asked this before but i would like more opnions
which deck you think is better?

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/naya-zoo/

vs

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-zoo-29616#paper

i have bushwacker but big naya seems like alot of fun
>>
>>50414497
Honestly. Big naya. It seems more fun and I'm the end I play magic to have fun.
>>
>>50414607
bushwacker games you either win or have no hope by turn 4, big naya seems like you can win early or late. i dont like losing to 1 anger of the gods
>>
Alright I finally put together a altar + Shaeelie list.
Any feed back on how to better refine this combo list would be appreciated. I'm still not sure if I should be putting a control package or a, "get the fucking pieces rightNOW" package around it.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/altar-of-saheeli-1/
>>
>>50414497
The big zoo list is way out of date and would need some serious tweaking to fight the infect/dredge/eldrazi meta.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.