[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castelvania/bloodborne/WoD inspired setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1479790344448.jpg (97KB, 842x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1479790344448.jpg
97KB, 842x1191px
Wanted to make a collaborative setting with /tg/.

Things i like about the settings above:
Castelvania has tons of different monsters that somehow work together.

Bloodborne mixes very well Dracula with Lovecraft

WoD allows for more iconic monsters to be sane and common enough to form communities and PC parties.
>>
>>50374302
Just say you want a roughly Victorian horror setting.
>>
>>50374302
lots of settings and systems do these things already. the little details can be included or changed by the GM to match what you want.
>>
File: 1377565246974.jpg (260KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1377565246974.jpg
260KB, 500x750px
>>50374358
>>50374337
yes i want a Victorian horror setting, but with constraints. A coherent setting where i can play dracula and try to kill a shib niggurat progeny.

i haven't found one yet.

To start i need ideas from where monsters are generated. cosmic horrors probably have something to do with it.
>>
>>50374376
>To start i need ideas from where monsters are generated
well, there is the "everything exists and always has" all the mythic things exist and have the origins told in their legends

then there is the "if enough people believe it becomes real" method which allows for fun stuff like creature banes changing over time as the stories change.

>cosmic horrors probably have something to do with it.
got a good sci-fi explanation for that in At The Mountains Of Madness. because as we always know.
BECAUSE ALIENS
>>
File: Bloodborne System Notes.png (98KB, 661x531px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne System Notes.png
98KB, 661x531px
Actually it wouldn't be very WoDy. I originally said "Castlevania/Bloodborne/Innistrad *in* WoD"
Shadows Over Innistrad does the same Bloodborne thing of introducing Lovecraft to gothic horror.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/story/planes/innistrad
Instead of being the source of it, though, it had the spooky space squid mutating vampires and werewolves.

reposting this >>50348912 who knows if I'll have time to tweak it here on Turkeyday.

>Just to test things out:

>Daggers are AP 3 and add 1d4 damage.
>When they change stance, they're AP 4, but add 1d4 per flurry.

>Swords are AP 4 and +1d6, and become AP 6 and +2d6 in their second stance.

>Axes are AP5 with +1d8; second stance is AP8 with 2d8 and treats armour as two less when Cleaving.

>Combat works by rolling 1d20 under your trait as well as the damage dice. As long as the d20 is under your trait, you succeed, then add the damage die and deal that much damage, subtracting armour. Armour will probably be from 0 to 8 or something, with AP to dodge being about half that. Vitality is equal to Strength+Stamina. AP is probably going to be equal to Stamina or Willpower, maybe the lower of the two.
Still working on the health, but I'm possibly going to use hit locations, a la Dark Heresy and such. Armour will generally be low, and weapons might have a "minimum roll", meaning they treat it as if you rolled X if you roll <X.

>Traits so far are: Strength, Stamina, Dexterity, Acuity, Personality, Willpower. There'll be some sort of Insight/Insanity/Integrity feature.
>Traits start out at 5 and go no higher than 13 at character creation.
These traits are probably going to be changed out. Mainly I don't want to do the thing where you have traits that exist only as "HP" and "MP" and nothing else, like DaS and BB. I may also go for a more Dark Heresy style stat set up, with WS and BS as core stats instead of Skills.
>>
File: 4200352.jpg (99KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
4200352.jpg
99KB, 640x800px
>>50375019
Forgot to mention: Damage will probably be *half* of what you roll. Sort of like how Dark Heresy only uses the Bonus ("tens place"), and only gets bonuses for every 10% under the target number (I went with going higher but not over because the chance is the same, but the math is easier; no subtraction)
>>
>>50374302
Run Ravenloft and add some CoC monsters.
>>
Things I dislike:
Parallel worlds. Hunter dream or all those Arcadia/spirit world nearly every WoD splat brings with them. So we have none of that.

Things i like:
The old one that is only sound. So in this setting all magic is explained by him. He is a note that covers the whole world and amges spun pieces of him with chanting to bid their will.
Monsters exist cause of humans. People used rituals to mix humans with Kin and monsters came out as results.
Humans originated from an Old One.

SO the above will be included.

Tell me thing you like or dislike about Victorian horror settings.
>>
>>50375019
Thanks but I would prefer fleshing the lore, not think about mechanics.

>>50375299
Actualy Ravenloft is the closest of horror settings that i can think off. Except the D&D vibe that ahve to be eleminated somehow.. Thanks
>>
>>50376249
>Thanks but I would prefer fleshing the lore, not think about mechanics.
I wasn't making it for you.

But I'll share some of my plans after I'm rested from cooking and can gather my thoughts.

>>50376238
>Parallel worlds. Hunter dream or all those Arcadia/spirit world nearly every WoD splat brings with them. So we have none of that.
Why?
>>
File: Ghoulcaller-Gisa1.jpg (99KB, 1200x878px) Image search: [Google]
Ghoulcaller-Gisa1.jpg
99KB, 1200x878px
>>50376736
>Why?
personal dislike. I feel it makes too easy to introduce new stuff and explain things. And it adds too much to the "less grounded in reality setting" feel.
>>
>>50377620
>it adds too much to the "less grounded in reality setting" feel.
You're already using aliens.
>>
>>50378435
Exactly. We already have aliens. Do we want to add more?

At least adding aliens also explains werewolves and magic.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.