[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comrade system for low fantasy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1452497424063.png (742KB, 1765x1468px) Image search: [Google]
1452497424063.png
742KB, 1765x1468px
I've been kicking around the idea of trying to use an Only War-esque comrade system with a Dark Ages low fantasy game.

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with how the system works in actual play since I've never gotten a chance to play it. Any thoughts on how to make the system work?
>>
>>50359756
What's the core mechanic you're trying to use?
Whatever the comrade system is, you need to make sure it meshes with the core mechanic well.
>>
>>50359844
I was thinking a percentile based system similar to the FF Warhammer RPGs but including a damage threshold system for armor.
The aim would be to make a high-ish lethality game but still give the characters enough of a chance that the game remains challenging but fun.
>>
>>50359881
Then I would go with a system like Fire Emblem's Dual System, where comrades fighting besides one another have a chance to prompt a better-of-two reroll, give each other bonus attacks or protect them from attacks that would normally hit. Or you could just give a flat percentage boost.
Similar effects could work for skills.
Perhaps the bonuses would be class-based?
>>
>>50359881
You mean granting team bonuses based on the formation of other player character?
>>
Use Whfrp2e and you can use the system of only war 1:1.
>>
>>50359931
>>50360348
Woops I replied to the wrong post.
>>
>>50360348
Something like that, yes.
But given that such a system already exists >>50360458 (though I can't attest to its quality) I can't recommend you make your own without taking a look at what's already been tried.
>>
>>50360458
>>50360493
Thanks I'll give it a shot.
Any recommendation on how to run it? The idea of having NPCs constantly with the party sounds like an easy way to accidentally make them DMPCs.
>>
>>50360508
Let the PCs play them (but more generally and less intense as their pcs) and give yourself the right to veto their npc playstyle.

That's how whfrp2e does it with henchmen anyway and how I do it in any other game
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.