[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend and I want to play a roleplaying game, me being the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1453971387248.jpg (46KB, 470x800px) Image search: [Google]
1453971387248.jpg
46KB, 470x800px
A friend and I want to play a roleplaying game, me being the master and she the player, but we don't know if there are any systems that are well adjusted for a single-member party, and the only things we can find are either for one player or for 3+, anyone have anything that we can play in a GM-Player dynamic without gimping her character?

The easy way out would be to introduce party-NPCs or a DMPC for myself to help her out but that wouldn't be as fun, I reckon.
>>
>>50357836
Well, I think there may be a fallout rpg pdf somewhere out there

You can have her be the main character going through the Mojave desert after whichever one of the factions have won Hoover Dam
>>
>>50357836
>GM
>One player
We did it with D&D 5e and it went pretty well
>>
>>50357904
I don't think I can stand up to new vegas and she loves that game
I'd be down with that idea though

>>50357947
Did you play vanilla or did you make any changes to fit the one-man-party?
>>
File: Darui_199.png (216KB, 801x557px) Image search: [Google]
Darui_199.png
216KB, 801x557px
>>50357836

A. Downscale encounters to be appropriate
B. Upgrade the character to the powerlevel of a party of 4
C. Do niether and player accepts the difficulty level of the challenge.

My preference, to do a party of one, you need to replicate the amount of actions a 4 player party can have, or at least, get into the general ballpark of their capabilities.

So Id let the character be a gestalt, and give them 4x character wealth, and some artifact or backstory that gives them an extra type of action. (You cast spells as swift actions always, or 2 moves and 2 standards per turn, or allow taking 20's on skill checks as swift actions for matrix style combat manuevers)
>>
>>50357836
GURPS
>>
>>50357836
Any game that isn't class based should work. I did a lot of one player, one DM Cyberpunk 2020 and Fuzion: Record of Lodoss Wars.
>>
Being stupid, I forgot to mention that it was house ruled CP2020 (no classes) as CP2020 is normally class-based.
>>
>>50358105
just make sure the adventure is suitable for a single party member. Most off-the-shelf modules were written for a party, so you might need to either adapt a module or write one yourself.

alternatively, you can have the rest of the party be NPCs with the player character as the leader, but a solo adventure might be more fun.
>>
>>50360611
>>50360600
>>50360573
>>50358319
All this is actually great advice, I really appreciate it
>>
>>50357836
She is not asking for regular tabletopd roleplay, silly.
She wants the D, but without an "&D" after it.
>>
>>50357836
Fantasycraft.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.