[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Force and Destiny - how to do anything, holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Okay, I was just invited into an all sith party, first session is on this sunday. I've skimmed the book and vaguely understand the rules now, but I'm feeling really, really overwhelmed by this shit.
I want my character to be a smooth talker, who can lie, grease and corrupt his way through Korriban, so I've decided that Advisor is a good fit. Beyond that, however, I have no idea. Which stats should I get? Presence seems a must, but willpower and cunning also seem important.
How far do I invest into skills? Into talents? What force powers should I get? My first instinct was Heal/Harm, so I can throw dem force lightnings like Sheev, but it seems to require intelligence, which I can't spend. Do I need Influence, if I'm already a diplomatic class? Foresee seems useful, but how deep do I go in a force tree?
I only have 110 exp to spare, and the amount of options seems overwhelming. It would help if there was any sample build in the book, but I can't find any.

Any advice? Any help?
>>
Spend all your starting exp (or as much as possible) on characteristics. Have you at least decided on a race/character concept yet?
>>
>>50353508
Yes, basically it's a human (most likely) guy, who's a down on his luck movie maker. When he was found out as a force sensitive and drafted into sith academy, he saw it as an opportunity to make a movie of a lifetime - he just must find the most promising and powerful acolyte, suck up to him and record his life and times to create a Star Wars version of Triumph of Will.
Not much of a combatant, but a clever talker.

So, what should be the spread? Do I buy 1 cunning, 1 presence and 1 willpower?
>>
>>50353575
Cunning, absolutely. Not only is it good for your scheming it's the stat that makashi runs off if you branch out into the mystic's lightsaber tree. There's an argument to be made for taking cunning 4 but that would mean neglecting either wil or int which you may not want to do. Spend the leftover xp (either 20 or 10) to up one (or two) of your career skills up to rank 2. Don't invest in powers until you have a real idea what you need your force powers to make up for.

Use your human non-career skills to invest in cool to resist social attacks and keep initiative. Consider either ranged (light) or brawl to give yourself some small combat abilities or go for stealth to keep being sneaky.

If I were the one picking your starting career skills I'd pick:

charm
coercion
vigilance
deception
negotiation

Use the xp to upgrade negotiate, followed by charm.

/swg/ may have other ideas but while I have your attention have you considered taking a non human species? A tortuga will let you have a higher cunning at the expense of brawn. You could spend all the exp to have 4 cunning, 3 pres and 3 wil. Fewer skills but one free point in perception and a bonus when you assist people (fits for the advisor). Obviously the 1 brawn may put some people off but if you're aiming to keep out of combat you'll be fine.
>>
>>50353575
Go full force persuade/domination.
>>
>>50353765
Really thorough, thanks.
>>50353792
Do I really need it, though, if I'm naturally good at talking?
>>
>>50353835
I may have been thourough but I was wrong, makashi runs off presence. Cunning is still a high priority but presence should be the one you try to up to 4. I was thinking of the sentinel class rather than the mystic class.
>>
>>50353876
Well, it seems that twi'lek is my natural choice, then. Might as well go full stereotype.
>>
>>50353765
Makashi runs off presence senpai
>>
File: IMG_0486.jpg (76KB, 499x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0486.jpg
76KB, 499x364px
>>50353575
>Leni Riefenstahl
>Not going full Goebbels
>>
>>50354544
Goebbels didn't make movies. I think.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.