[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best system for a two player (a player and a GM) game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 0e8d9ef13f4f0ec7ace5e92163c1d11f.png (652KB, 784x1560px) Image search: [Google]
0e8d9ef13f4f0ec7ace5e92163c1d11f.png
652KB, 784x1560px
Me and my gf were thinking about setting up a game together, with one of us being the GM, and the other the player, and we were wondering what systems are good for a two player (or one player, if you will), style of gameplay. Any suggestions are welcome, but we both enjoy medieval fantasy settings, though she also likes super heros and stuff like that.

And if you're wondering, I'll be the GM, and if she does well I'll reward her with gentle love making in the missionary position while holding hands.
>>
Are you just looking for a system, or do you have any specific games in mind? World of Darkness is good for up to at least six players, and makes for great intimate one-player games. They mostly focus on a gothic-punk world set in modern times with vampires, mages, werewolves and the like.
>>
>>50352158
>And if you're wondering, I'll be the GM, and if she does well I'll reward her with gentle love making in the missionary position while holding hands
Good man anon.

Like the other anon said WoD could be good for a single player game.
Sadly I've only played 4e D&D with some V:tM here and there.
>>
>>50352158
I like Exalted for solo games, especially fantasy. Has a lot of setting buy-in, though.
>>
>>50352158
Any variation of Lasers and Feelings maybe?
>>
>>50352158
Old school - Tunnel and Trolls

I played a lot of two player games with GURPS. Easy to switch up settings if you get bored.
>>
>>50352158
There is only one correct answer and that is sex on the table.
>>
>>50352158

Scarlet Heroes is a one player/one GM fantasy RPG that lets you play old-school D&D modules without your player being outmatched by the 2d12 orcs. Feels Conan, man..

The Department is a skirmish game about detectives hunting down rogue androids a la Blade Runner, which supports one or two players, co-op, no GM required.
>>
>>50352158
Honestly, just about any game will do fine; you just tailor your adventures to specifically fit the resources, capabilities and interests of the PC.
>>
>>50352456
D&D 5e should be easy enough to use.

V:tM would be awesome for an angst-filled solo campaign.

If you're both into sci-fi (space/Star Trek kind), try Lasers & Feelings, a rather rules-light system that should be perfect for building positive feedback loops per your intended reward scheme.
>>
>>50352158
>>tfw no qt 3.14 gf to game with

Treat your girl right, anon. You lucky bastard.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.