[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overwatch NPCs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0606.jpg (193KB, 1200x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0606.jpg
193KB, 1200x604px
Overwatch DM here, and let me first thank you all for helping me proofread the PCs and plot.

I talked to my players. The player of Creed agreed to limit his specialty ammo. The player of Clever Girl agreed not to turn it into Furaffinity (and nearly hit me when I suggested that the Dino would be magical realmed). The player of Jojo agreed to not pose IRL, steal the spotlight, and attempt not to predict what I'm going to say (while laughing because he's not that autistic) but he does have permission to say things that make no sense out of context, weep profusely should a party member die, and say "gureito daze" or "yare yare daze" only once per session. Lazy I changed his backstory so he was a "disposable asset" for the Omnica Corporation, who helped cover up the malfunctioning omniums and inadvertently helped caused the Omnic Crisis. Filled with guilt, he successfully went legit as a security advisor for corporations.

The plot is kinda Shadowrun. Genji pays the players to investigate disappearance of President's brother (who works at Vishkar as an exec), They break into a Vishkar building while foiling Roadhog and Junkrat's plans to blow it up, and find out that Talon kidnapped the bro, and they took him to some foreign locale. After locating the Talon base there, they find the bro, who tells them that he was interrogated to find out the location of a seismic drill. After some digging, they find another Talon base, where they find that Talon sold the thing to a group of militant Omnics trying to make Hawaii only inhabitable by Omnics. Party stops the drill a la Austin Powers, and Hawaii is saved.

Here is link to the plot thread: >>50330310 → #
Link to character thread: >>50322199 → #

But that's not why I'm here. I need interesting NPCs for the game, maybe a few ally and boss NPCs. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
File: Mei_Dio.jpg (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Mei_Dio.jpg
129KB, 640x640px
Are you looking for primarily combat or social encounters? Keep in mind you can pad combat with generic omnics and humans armed with standard weapons or mechs.
Also consider an occasional canon character as a boss fight, making sure they escape if the party wins.
>>
>>50352704
>not "it was mei, dio"

>>50351425
You can use canon characters as bosses. Maybe the Omnic terrorists have some Bastions they can deploy against you or something.

To piss off your Jojo, you can make a quirky miniboss squad based off Jojo villains.

For example: A long-haired right-wing extremist who can summon exploding duplicates.

A long-fanged ice manipulator that yells "WRYYYY" a lot.

A genetically modified, shapeshifting superhuman who has a hard time waking up.

The closest friend of said ice manipulator, who can speed up time.

(These are just jokes plz don't do this)
>>
>>50354341
>Bastion on tabletop.
Ideally this encounter would be terrifying. Getting caught off guard by a bastion means nearly instant death.

I think if OP included one it would best be near the end of the arc. That's the only thematically appropriate point for PCs to die.
>>
>>50351425
fuck off, retard
>>
>>50355577
bumping to spite you
>>
>>50351425
i don't play overwatch but, who's this clever girl and why would a dino would be magical realmed?
>>
>>50356639
I am DMing a game of Savage Worlds in the Overwatch setting. I have four players. One of them is playing a sentient Deinosuchus.
>>
>>50356796
oh i see, i though it was some overwatch character... so no magic realming?
>>
File: IMG_0611.jpg (75KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0611.jpg
75KB, 1152x648px
>>50351425
Dude, all you have to do is look up Metal Gear Solid bosses and you'll be set. Otherwise, just search for Overwatch OCs online and things will be good.
>>
>>50355522
Better yet, give the Bastions freeze guns too.
>>
>>50359891
Even better yet, give them the barriers Bastion had during the beta.
>>
>>50359906
Even betterrer yet, allow him to heal by consuming the tears of your players.

But a Freeze Bastion could make a pretty decent boss. If played well, it could be an engaging fight and cause your friends to forget the rage and salt. What should the Freeze Bastion abilities be?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.