[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Canadian Highlander

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Image.png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
117KB, 223x311px
>What is Canadian Highlander?
A 100-card singleton format that uses the Vintage banlist, but limits cards that are deemed too powerful by assigning them a point value. A deck may only contain 10 points. Most pointed cards fall into two categories: fast mana and reliable tutors. More information including the points list at https://canadianhighlander.wordpress.com.

Any other Canlander players on /tg/?
>>
>>50349107
People are now hating on french commander and accusing it of being canadian highlander for going to 20 life, as if canadian highlander was a bad thing.

Who do people fear power?
>>
I'll take a look at this but if Craterhoof isn't a numbered card then I'm out.
>it's not
who cares
>>
>>50352119
Craterhoof is indeed a strong card, and the "Cradle-hoof" deck that combines it with Gaea's cradle is a significant force in the meta. But without being able to run all the tutors it likes, the deck is far from unbeatable.
>>
>>50352092
If people wanted to play canadian highlander, they would play that instead of french.
But to play any singleto 100 cards format, i just play regular commander in 1vs1 because i'm not a pussy who cries to my opponent drawin a demonic tutor or a mana vault
>>
>>50352092
I prefer Canlander to duel commander. Pointed tutors make build-around lists less consistent, more fitting for a singleton format. And, as an aggro player, trading away creatures or spells to remove a commander that's just going to come back is hella frustrating in a 1v1 game.
>>
>>50352292
I really like the new duel commander, it fixed the problem I had with the format which was the extreme ease with which you could just pillowfort until you drew your combo and counters hand.
30 life duel commander felt like Ascension.
20 life duel commander feels like singleton Legacy.
>>
Are there any events for this format? A store near me hosts duel commander once a month, but they have never hosted a canadian highlander tournament. How would I find games if i choose to try this out?
>>
>>50352332
To which I would respond that Canlander is like singleton Vintage, 'cause, you know, Moxen, Time Walk, etc. And with Collector's/International edition and gold-border cards being kosher, the only deck with a really serious barrier to entry is Vault-Key.

>>50352360
The only paper events I know of are in Victoria, BC, where the format originated. There are people looking for games on Xmage sometimes, and a few of us are trying to get a scene rolling in Michigan.
>>
>>50352448
We can have Vintage and Legacy, we can have Highlander and Duel Commander. "Leviathan" players should go play solitaire and stop whining at the people who wants to play either of the good one 100 singleton vs games.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.