[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forgotten realms general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 39

File: 1479510299182.jpg (41KB, 262x340px) Image search: [Google]
1479510299182.jpg
41KB, 262x340px
Forgotten realms general.
>>
>>50348713
Where'd everyone go? I've been enjoying these threads, why did the last thread die on us?
>>
Bring down the Wall.
>>
File: Threat From the Sea (Don Maitz).jpg (116KB, 1165x480px) Image search: [Google]
Threat From the Sea (Don Maitz).jpg
116KB, 1165x480px
>>50350192
They did that storyline already.
>>
>>50350184
New edition. Needed to destroy half the world again. Thread was collateral damage.
>>
>>50351950
>Needed to destroy half the world again.
This is why I have yet to play a campaign set after 1370DR.
>>
>>50348713

Why did Netheril turn to shit?
>>
>>50352175
An archwizard tried to usurp Mystra by casting a ridiculously powerful spell, only to find out that no Mystra = no magic. Cue all the flying cities crashing down.
Oh if only had he tried to usurp a different god.
>>
>>50352175
Was it ever good?
>>
File: Seven Sisters.jpg (31KB, 300x391px) Image search: [Google]
Seven Sisters.jpg
31KB, 300x391px
>>50351950
Which sister died this time?
>>
>>50352461
Hopefully all of them, the stupid Mary Sue bitches.
>>
I have a few questions you guys might be able to help me with.
I know of Thar and Veldorn but are there any other monster nations? Why were the psions of Jhaamdath called bladelords, and their cities named the cities of the sword?
Is psionics a type of magic that uses the weave or something else?
>>
>>50352545
Note: I'm not an expert, just an enthusiast.

>I know of Thar and Veldorn but are there any other monster nations?
Not that I'm aware of. There might be a few obscure ones. There's the Sythscillian Empire, I guess?

>Why were the psions of Jhaamdath called bladelords, and their cities named the cities of the sword?
If I recall correctly, they had a strong martial tradition and trained with blades religiously. They were warrior psion kings as I remember. Pretty neat.

>Is psionics a type of magic that uses the weave or something else?
I believe it does use the Weave, but I don't know the Inner Art too well.
>>
>>50352545
>I know of Thar and Veldorn but are there any other monster nations?
Many-Arrow used to be an orcish realm in the Silver Marches aiming to be an actual unified and centralized kingdom with settled diplomatic and commercial relationship with its neighbours. I don't know if it's still a thing as of 5e.
>>
>>50352545
From Player's Guide to Faerun, page 172:

>Psionics and the Weave

>Unlike spells, which derive their power from Faerûn’s Weave (or the Shadow Weave), psionic ability taps only the inner reservoirs of the manifester. In a sense, each psionic creature is its own Weave, using the magic of its own lifeforce and mind to create psionic effects. Mystra and Shar have no ability to deny psionic creatures access to powers, and they do not control the promulgation of psionic lore and ability throughout the populace of Faerûn.

>While psionics does not require the Weave to function, psionic powers are magical in nature. Spells such as detect magic can also detect psionic abilities at work, and spells such as dispel magic or antimagic shell can negate, suppress, or completely cancel psionic manifestations. In Faerûn, psionics and magic are not transparent to each other; they interact exactly as magic interacts with other magic.

There's also an article that describes psionic organizations in Faerun:

>http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070703
>>
>>50353230
>>50353365
>>50353403
Thanks guys, you're a big help.
>>
>>50353516
Why does everything on the internet sound sarcastic?
>>
>>50353564
No clue, there's probably a study somewhere that can explain it.
I just wanted a monster nation for the bad guys in a game I'm running and couldn't think of any, and next time I get the chance to play I'm planning on playing a psion so I was curious about psionics in the setting.
>>
>>50353564
We're not used to sincerity.

>>50353663
There are more psionic organizations in Player's Guide to Faerun. You also could use Duergar, as mentioned in Underdark.
>>
>>50353365
It's on the map of the Sword Coast in the SCAG, so I'd lean towards "yes".
>>
>>50352175
Wizards have no concept of right and wrong.
Archwizards blow the fuck out of even that.

Good to see these threads.
>>
>>50352545
If you consider half-drow to be monsters, there's the nation of Dambrath whose matriarchy follows the tenets of Loviatar rather than Lolth.

On the plains of the Shaar there are the wemic tribes. And occasionally Nobanion manifests there to lead the wemics to destroy evil.
>>
Pharaun Mizzrym is best drow.
Could anyone remember which issue of Dragon he was given stats in?
>>
>>50354277
>Pharaun Mizzrym is best drow.
Tbqhwyf I liked Ryld better, but Pharaun is certainly a close second.
Liriel and Gromph Baenre follow for 3rd and 4th.
>>
>>50354277
The FR wiki says Dragon #302.
>>
>>50352175
The long and short of it was the Netherese mages, after discovering the Nether scrolls and becoming too powerful too quickly, were casting spells that current FR has never even heard of.

Their rampant spellcasting was constantly fraying the Weave, and the era's Mystryl had to constantly maintain the fabric of the Weave.

The Netherese were also indirectly and inadvertently affecting the lives of the phaerimm, who decided to push back by casting lifedraining magic on Anauroch (which was then a fertile plain).

It could've been the phaerimm who whispered the doom of Netheril to Karsus, who then chose to steal the essence and power of the goddess of Magic to try to halt the desertification of Anauroch and ensure the hegemony of Netheril forever.

Alas, the mighty fall the furthest.

tl;dr Netheril archwizards are total dicks. They disrupt the lives of the phaerimm, who are also colossal dicks, perhaps even bigger tools. They engage in a cold war.
Fuck Mystryl.
>>
>>50354338
I dunno, Ryld was a bit bland in terms of personality. We only saw fleeting characterizations of Gromp, didn't he do poorly against the Dyrr lichmage and the mind flayer? Liriel was Liriel.

>>50354364
Thanks heaps brah.
>>
Is https://dnd.rem.uz safe?
>>
>>50354700
Seems like it. Just picked up a few solid pdfs I didn't already have.
>>
>>50354780
Excellent. Cool.

Speaking of Dragon magazine, those Elminster's Guide to the Realms articles was the fucking shit. Especially those fantastic accompanying illustrations.
>>
>>50354880
Yeah, that was a solid series. Shame Dragon died a terrible death, I loved the old Dragon magazine.
>>
>>50354887
Yeah, tell me about it. Definitely.

What was the reason for Dragon's and Dungeon's inglorious deaths? And can the 5e Wizards resurrect them as print-issue?
>>
>>50354995
Something something paizo's retarded something something infinite sadness

In reality, I have no idea why they died, but it makes me super sad that they did.

In other news, has anyone seen a copy of Grand History of the Realms in person in the last few years? They've seemed to dry up entirely.
>>
>>50354338
Ryld's okay.

Ryld as statted in Dragon would completely rekt Drizzt in a fight. It's not even a fight, it'd be a curbstomp.
>>
>>50355030
Paizo would definitely be involved for infinite sad.
It was super lame.

Nah, but have a pdf of it. Maybe they were just on a limited print run like that mind flayer cover for Volo's.
>>
>>50355089
Yeah I've got a pdf, but I want to complete my Faerun 3e books and am missing like three: Silver Marches (which sucks and I don't care), City of Splendors (which is insanely hard to find but I'm not excited about so whatever), and Grand History (ditto, and I really want it). Hope I can find one for Christmas as a gift to myself this year.
>>
>>50355061
>It's not even a fight, it'd be a curbstomp.
Would it? They're just one level apart, and their magic equipment should be pretty much on the same level too.
>>
How would an archduke of the nine hells get an airship onto the material plane? A player of mine drew the Flames card from the Deck of Many Things last session, and now has a devil after his ass. I chose the Zariel as the devil that wants to kill him. At first it's only assassinations and ambushes. Then it gets a little more direct and personal. The party has an airship. I want a monstrous, gun laden airship from hell to attack them, but I'm not sure how a devil would actually go about having that accomplished. I don't want to just wave my hand and say "she just did".
>>
>>50355461
Gate? Gate can totally do that. Or just plane shift the entire ship, I feel like it's reasonable for an archduke to be able to arrange that. Seems like a lot of effort just to kill one yobbo when sending one super powered diabolic killer is so much easier, though.
>>
>>50355479
The how is easy: a Gate or Portal or Planar Shift spell, but why would be a more fun question to answer.
>>
>>50355479
>>50355560
The party is very good at taking what are supposed to be hard encounters and making them look easy. After a series of failed attempts, I imagine the devil will make a personal appearance and take the airship with her just for funsies.
>>
>>50355560
OG anon already answered the Why though: Deck of Many Things and an archdevil with nothing else going on.
>>
>>50352175
>>50354378
Fun fact. One of the 11th level spells Netherese Archwizards could toss around was a spell that completely closed off the entire Torilian crystal sphere from spelljamming travel.

Mystryl reincarnating into Mystra and putting in some extra rules on high end magic is the best thing that ever happened to Toril.

>>50353365
It's still around, but it's basically falling apart because orcs are too difficult to keep aligned in that sort of common goal.

Didn't help that the drow used them as a puppet kingdom for a while, either.

>>50354338
Gromph got weird in the Homecoming books. Including randomly trying to seduce Catti-brie by putting psionic images of her banging him into her head, giving her sex dreams of him, and so on.
>>
>>50355835
>Gromph got weird in the Homecoming books. Including randomly trying to seduce Catti-brie by putting psionic images of her banging him into her head, giving her sex dreams of him, and so on.

I don't remember that part.
>>
>>50355891
It was in the second book, Maestro. He learned psionics from Kimmuriel in the first book and accidentally the Underdark by summoning the Demon Lords, but in the second he used it exclusively to try and NTR Drizzt by fucking Catti-brie for I don't even know why. Shit was weird, a very noticeable departure from how RAS has written both Catt-brie and Gromph before, and pretty much completely out of place.

Ditto Yvonnel Baenre, Gromph's daughter (who acts a lot like Liriel, now that I think about it), trying to seduce Drizzt.

Then there was the casual rape/sex of Dahlia while her mind was broken by what seemed to be half of the main antagonists.

Maestro was a pretty rapey book.
>>
>>50355835
>>50355891
>>50355971
Was someone else moonlighting as Salvatore?
>>
>>50355266
Yes. Drizzt only has a certain number of items. Not even statboosting items, while Ryld has a plethora.
It also makes sense for Drizzt to go into combats raw.
>>
>>50354378
This is fucking great.
>>
>>50355971
Maybe he was just feelin' rapey that week? Or he developed a new rape fetish and shoehorned it into the book because he's stupid?
>>
>>50356355
Fucking wat.
>>
>>50356506
Proposing reasons why Maestro was such a rapey book.
>>
>>50356571
Let's not be that creepy.
>>
>>50356800
doyouknowwhereweare.png
>>
Favorite FR gods of peeps?
>>
>>50357011
Joke answer: Ibrandul
Real answer: Illmater
>>
>>50357011
I homebrewed one for my FR story, but of the defaults, I like Eldath and Eilistraee.
>>
>>50357084
Damn, Ilmater is popular. Why he's not a greater god is beyond me.
>>
>>50357584
I like him because he feels real, a god people would really turn to in times of need or strife.
>>
>>50357794
Is he the FR Jesus?
>>
>>50357835
The Triad are basically the Catholic Divine. You've got Ilmater, Jesus on the Cross (the God on the Rack and the Martyred God), Tyr the Father (justice, impartiality, might in anger, perseverance), and Torm the Holy Ghost (the empowering spirit, the most loyal of all the Gods, but asking much trust and faith).
>>
>>50357011
>>50357011
Bahamut (or Marduk if you prefer) is a favourite of mine.

Also, I honestly have a soft spot for Mystra. Not necessarily her NG incarnation, but Mystra as a whole.
>>
>>50358092
Bahamut the Platinum Dragon?

When did Mystra start popping out the Seven Sisters while possessing that sorcerer? Was this as or after Mystryl?
>>
>>50358369
Yeah, that Bahamut.

Mystra popped out the Seven as Mystra, starting around 760 DR with Sylune. It was after her most recent failure at finding a mortal who could handle her essence (she had Khelben, Elminster, the Srinshee, and one or two others, but it wasn't enough), so she decided she'd produce them herself.
>>
>>50358011
When you put it that way, it's not even subtle.
>>
>>50358404
Ah, thanks.

She certainly gets around doesn't she.
>>
>>50358404
Have Azuth and Elminster banged Mystra?
Which others?
>>
>>50359283
Azuth, Elminster (when she was in a mortal body, though, and she wound up dying in it and losing part of her essence, so she doesn't do it much now), Dornal Silverhand (minimum seven times because it resulted in the Seven, probably much more), probably others here and there. Kelemvor, in her Midnight incarnation. Usually she avoids it if she can.
>>
I always haven't gotten why elves in the Realms were so fucking short.
>>
>>50359465
What a hussy. Her picture in F&P makes her look like a bikie hussy.
>>
>>50359962
F&P Mystra is the Midnight version.
>>
>>50355971
Please give me the names of all these books, and tell me where I can read them online.
>>
Can anyone tell me about Lathander? I wanted to make a super positive cleric of Lathander that tries to convert anyone he comes across but now I read that Lathander is actually some other god instead? Can I still make a cleric of Lathander in 5e?
>>
Lathander is back in 5e he became amaunator during 4e, so yes you can.
>>
>>50360443
That was always shit, they should've been two different deities, each representing different aspects of the sun.

>>50360404
Lathander is based af. Unlike other chumps he actively tried to better his pantheon by rekting evil gods.
>>
>>50360505
Wait, what? He's a sun god? I thought he was a god of fertility, aka sex god.
>>
>>50360548
He kinda is, sorta. In the 2e Faiths & Avatars he's the god of spring, dawn, birth, renewal, creativity, youth, vitality, self perfection, athletics.
>>
>>50360404
He's a powerfully exuberant god of good and fears no evil, but I'm also pretty sure he has form of godly adhd. He will start shit and finish shit, but what happens in the middle is a bit muddled.

He started the Dawn Catacyclsm by trying to reorganize his pantheon in his own image by destroying evil gods. It's heavily implied once he finished the persecution of evil deities he was going to cleanse all Faerun of evil.
His avatar rekt'd Sammaster.
He's had many dalliances with female gods, currently he's with Chauntea but was with Tyche.
>>
>>50360695
>destroying evil gods
It wasn't just evil gods he destroyed.
>>
>>50360744
He indirectly caused the death of Murdane. Now he's in Helm's Shitbooks.
>>
>>50360184
i grabbed a torrent with many fr novels in txt form a few years back off demonoid.
>>
>>50354995
wotc wanted to do it in-house, cut paizos main income source. they switched to online issues. theyre not going to come back in 5e in any official capacity. they have their web aeticles now under the name unearthed arcana
>>
>>50355174
these days ive been leaning away from trying to hunt down original 2e books, and toward editing the pdfs to be edition neutral and get them custom printed and bound in a hardcover.
>>
>>50354995
Oh man, I truly miss Zodonia. Those comics were fantastic.
>>
>>50360695
>>50360571
Update Lathander to 5e, fucker.
>>
>>50350689
Decent books.
Sub-plot with sharkgirl felt meh and rushed after all the build-up how she wanted the shark dick.
Iakhovas himself was neat until the TWEEST about his true identity.
Human MC was insufferable, the build up about him being the chosen one terrible too.
The side cast aka Paladin-Mentor, Half-Elf Pirate and qt Shipmage were best things about the books.
>>
>>50355266
>>50356019
Looking at Dragon #312, I think he was given magic items equivalent to a PC of his level, instead of an NPC value like Drizzt.

>>50357011
The Red Knight.

>>50360695
>His avatar rekt'd Sammaster
Only because the Harpers and his church got the drop on him.

>>50361666
I would have liked to get more stories about them.
>>
File: LathanderTheColossalBastard.png (111KB, 487x575px) Image search: [Google]
LathanderTheColossalBastard.png
111KB, 487x575px
>>50361794
>Only because the Harpers and his church got the drop on him.
Hah, no. You severely underestimate how powerful the 2e avatars were.

Even acting like a retard in battle, Lathander one-shot Sammaster's dracolich. His mere presence caused the undead surrounding their confrontation to be obliterated. He also essentially dropped a nuke of sunlight on Sammaster.
Meanwhile, Sammaster's attacks on Lathander were largely ineffectual.

Do you even praise the Sun?
>>
File: Lathander.png (402KB, 450x455px) Image search: [Google]
Lathander.png
402KB, 450x455px
>>50362207
>>50361794
>>
Despite 3e and 4e FR being a goldmine of absolute crap, I did like the Red Wizards of Thay essentially monopolizing the commercialization of minor magic items and installing embassy-tradehub-enclaves in most cities.
>>
Is Gilgeam truly dead?
>>
>>50362698
At the end of the Sundering he showed up back on Toril, apparently. 5th book of Brimstone Angels.
>>
>>50362835
Do any of them ever die?
>>
>>50362886
Turns out that it's really, really hard to kill a god permanently.

They can die. It's just really, really fucking hard, especially for mortals, since most gods have various schemes in place to ensure their resurrection.
>>
>>50362918
So their massive corpses on the Astral plane is but a temporary and momentary set up for them?
>>
>>50363032
Corpses on the Astral won't necessarily stay corpses forever.

Unless the corpse is Aoskar.
>>
Someone said Ao exploded? Who else will foil the shenanigans of the gods and teach them humility?
>>
>>50362303
>>50362207

Lathander is pretty based, I really like his transformation into Amaunator. It felt like he matured and became more lawful as a result, but unlike the original incarnation of Amaunator, he retains a inter goodness to temper his dedication to justice.
>>
File: 1451738906337.gif (3MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1451738906337.gif
3MB, 480x272px
>>50357011
Cyric. You seldom encounter a god who decides that his whole purpose is making other people miserable. He is the closest to a Deity that would take a look at 4chins and then gigglesquee with delight. He is THE go-to power if you want to be Cobra Commander. If you are an asshole and want to be rewarded for it, you join the Church of the Black Sun.
>>
I've been re-reading the Wyrms of the North articles in the Realms archive on the Wizards site Ed is a fantastic world designer and fluffer, but as an author he's not actually that great.
>>
>>50355461
What edition? If it's 2e, Spelljammers end up everywhere.
>>
>>50363993
author of novels*, rather.
>>
>>50363911
Can't say I'm a particular fan of that unfortunately. I much preferred when they were two distinct personalities and different gods altogether.

They would've co-existed at one point as well.
>>
>>50359948
FR started life as an AD&D setting. AD&D elves are short.
>>
>>50362918
Gilgeam actually seems from what little 5e had mentioned about him that he might be LESS evil then he used to be.
During 2e it's mentioned that one of the reasons he doesn't make an Avatar or have children is because the essence of his being is still a strict but otherwise LG deity, and though time on the physical plane changed him if he made a new physical version of himself he might be his "old" self again.
>>
>>50362422
It worked with how the Magic Item Economy in 3e was set up.
Not so much in 2e or 5e, but I still like Thay best as arcane arms dealers.
>>
>>50364105
This is the same Gilgeam that became a despotic tyrant?
>>
>>50364115
Guess they can balance mechanics and flavor.
>>
>>50364127
Gilgeam it said is an inherently LG deity, and his manifestation (they didn't have avatars when the Old Empires book came out) has simply spent so much time among folk on Faerun that it changed from the "essence" of Gilgeam (who is Gilgamesh on Earth) the same way any living thing changes due to it's experienced.
If he made an incarnation (a human bearing a fraction of his powers, a Chosen basically) or "died" and created a new manifestation then he might actually have his old personality again.

Notably, he DID die and come back.
>>
>>50364018

Have you hear the part where Lathander represents the dawn/morning, while Amaunator is the midday sun/noon and a third god with the death portfolio is the sunset/night? This is my favorite part of the whole thing, the sun god taking on aspects of the sun itself.
>>
>>50364209
>a third god with the death portfolio is the sunset/night?
Is that Shar?
>>
>>50364209
>>50364218
That would be Myrkul, who had the portfolio of autumn and dusk.
>>
>>50364234
He ded tho. Superded.
>>
File: dfasdfasdf.jpg (5KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
dfasdfasdf.jpg
5KB, 210x330px
>>50354277
don't look at those, anon, they're hilariously wrong

>>50355971
I think they're literally holding a gun to bob's head these days
for anyone reading this, if you read the drizzt books, stop at "the two swords"

>>50357011
liira and solonor

---------

>favorite realms novel?
>favorite realm?
>where would you live?
>favorite npc?
>favorite vidja set in the realms?
>>
>>50364784

Not on my watch no he don't, illiterate anon. It all comes down to when you personally draw the line as to where you feel you'd have to say 'stop here and go no furth with 'em realms shatting events'.
>>
>>50365386
>>favorite realms novel?
N/A

>>favorite realm?
Damara or Tethyr, hard to pick just one.

>>where would you live?
Tethyr, for sure.

>>favorite npc?
Fuck you that's who.

>>favorite vidja set in the realms?
OG BG1 and BG2. EEs never happened.
>>
>>50365386

You're kiddin, right? Quality went measurably down hill after the Icewind Dale trilogy. To be more precise: After they leave for the Harpells. Of course, a sentient reader notices the objectionable rush the fat little italian author imposes even in the dark elf trilogy for no obvious reason. This reader then loathes the actions of the fat man, naturally.
>>
Dear /frg/, I have a problem.

Whenever I'm trying to come up with ideas for a campaign, I just can't help but feeling that I have nothing, that there's nothing to be said and done on the Realms as a whole.

Now, you could say that this is just my knowledge of Lore is subpar, and I agree with that. But whenever I try to come up with an idea for a quest, a dungeon or whatever and go to the wiki for research and trying to get the canon right, suddenly my idea doesn't "fit", suddenly what I wanted to convey feels meaningless. And then I just go, "No, I guess I'll just try with a different place besides the Sword Coast", but the cycle starts again.

Have you ever experienced this? How do you deal with it? How do you come up with a compelling adventure, something your players are sure to enjoy and become immersed in?
>>
>>50365519

Yes we all have. And this is simply the major drawback of a setting worked out in levels of detail so extensive as the one faggot Greenwood laid hands on. Ignore canon at a certain point. Just do it. Get you own version of the canadian hags vision of the realms as in truth lastly anyone actually does anyway. Just do not pretend otherwise.
>>
>>50365513
there were bad books in between, yes, but the hunter's blades trilogy was pretty great
you could tell he finally made it 3e at that point
>>
>>50365519
Basically, just make your own fucking canon up. The lore is a baseline, not objective truth. I *do* suggest ignoring the Sword Coast though, too much plot fuckery up there.
>>
>>50365596

>hunter's blades trilogy was pretty great
>you could tell he finally made it 3e at that point

Oh man, choose just O-N-E!
>>
>>50365390
On one hand I get it but on the other hand the Time of Troubles as the world-shattering event that was handled well, so ignoring it feels just wrong for me. That and I grew up with the Novels.

>>50365386
>favorite realms novel?
Oh thats a hard one. I had to decide between one of the "Realms of "Anthologies which in my opinion just give better overview of the realms and are a great introduction into FR -.. no you know what? Its either Azure Bonds or Wyvern´s Spur. Both had great, likeable characters and villains and I loved how The Wyvern´s Spur was a sequel to the events in Azure Bonds but focused on a different set characters.

>favorite realm?
Always liked Amn and Rashemen

>where would you live?
One of the Myth Cities would be neat.

>favorite npc?
Alias or Giogioni Wyvernspur

>favorite vidja set in the realms?
Eye of the Beholder
>>
>>50366221
>Rashemen
What about Rasheman appeals to you? I've never found it terribly appealing personally, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
>>
File: gilgamesh vs gilgamesh.png (2MB, 1520x855px) Image search: [Google]
gilgamesh vs gilgamesh.png
2MB, 1520x855px
>>50364193
>it changed from the "essence" of Gilgeam (who is Gilgamesh on Earth)

I learned something new today.

>>50367676
Not >>50366221, but did you read Bladesinger, The Masked Witches, or Prophet of the Dead?
>>
>>50368210
No I did not. I generally avoid the novels, if I'm honest.
>>
>>50364234
>>50364784
>>50365390
Isn't Myrkul back for 5e?
>>
>>50365386
>don't look at those, anon, they're hilariously wrong
How's that? Weren't they designed by the novel authors?
>>
>>50369362
Possibly. Some of the gods who died in the Spellplague, Time of Upheaval, Avatar Crisis, Spider War, and Sundering came back to life at the end of the Sundering [source: Ed Greenwood on Candlekeep], but not all of them. Helm, Tyr, two of the three dead Dark Seldarine, and maybe Ibrandul, though that's not clear and it may be Lolth impersonating him again. Moander is still dead, but the rest are still up in the air. Bhaal is back, at least, but nobody claimed his portfolio. Myrkul's portfolio was claimed by Kelemvor, so if he is back, he either needs a new one or needs to steal some back.
>>
>>50369409
I don't know for sure, but I'd bet my left nut they weren't. It's like whoever wrote up the stats was given a cursory paragraph about the person they were statting.
>>
File: gilgamesh gate of babylon.jpg (2MB, 1181x1653px) Image search: [Google]
gilgamesh gate of babylon.jpg
2MB, 1181x1653px
>>50364193
>has simply spent so much time among folk on Faerun that it changed from the "essence" of Gilgeam (who is Gilgamesh on Earth) the same way any living thing changes due to it's experienced.
Sounds a lot like a certain golden armoured boy.
>>
>>50364007
>>50363993
He's a lot better with short stories than he is full novels, I think.
>>
>>50369476
All three of their installments in Dragon were by Richard Baker, who's a designer in his own right.
>>
>>50369409
>>50369476
The magazines list Richard Baker as the author of those articles.

>>50369588
Tchazzar's human form in the Brotherhood of the Griffon series also looks like that.
>>
>>50369413
In the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, he's returned as part of the Faerunian pantheon with Amaunator, Azuth, Bane, Bhaal, Helm, Lathander, Leira, Mask, Mystra, Talos, Tyr.

Amaunator and Lathander are called out to be two distinct gods.
>>
>>50369627
>Tchazzar's human form in the Brotherhood of the Griffon series also looks like that.
You mean fabulous?

>>50369476
How are they bad?
>>
File: Gilgamesh Prototype.jpg (546KB, 1605x2237px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh Prototype.jpg
546KB, 1605x2237px
>>50369661
I just went through it out of curiosity.

They brought Gilgeam back as a Warlock patron.
>>
File: URealms Live Emblem.png (678KB, 1100x978px) Image search: [Google]
URealms Live Emblem.png
678KB, 1100x978px
>>50348713
More like Unforgotten Realms General.

Anybody hyped for the next campaign? Fall of Dundinborough was crazy. The foreshadowing from Cobblers to that was pretty neat too.
>>
>>50365386
>>favorite realms novel?
A bunch really. I actually do like the Drizzt novels; Mel Odom is generally good as are Richard Baker and Thomas M Reid and their works. Elaine Cunningham is also generally good but is also overhyped. I also enjoyed the Sembia novels, starring Radu, Thamalon, the Huntsmaster, that returned wizard from the Nine Hells.

>>favorite realm?
The Lands of Intrigue.

>>where would you live?
Netheril. Or Sembia. Or Westgate.

>>favorite npc?
Not really any. Lathander.

>>favorite vidja set in the realms?
Baldur's Gate II and Throne of Bhaal.
>>
>>50362303
5e stats when?
>>
>>50371341
>Westgate
With Orbakh and the court of vampires? Really?
>>
>>50371380
After nuking it from orbit.
>>
>>50371546
Not much left at that point. Seems better to move to a city like Athkatla or Baldur's Gate.
>>
>>50371568
Lathander is known to answer prayers and has a history of wrecking shit. Just invite him to Westgate to dispose of the vampires.
>>
>>50371634
Orbakh might give his avatar a run for his money. Manshoon-ness is a hell of a drug. I'd love to see it though.
>>
>>50371723
What are Orbakh's stats like?
An anon posted Lathander's stats here>>50362303 All of Lathander's sun spells are at triple-normal effect and Dawnspeaker instantly all undead affected by sunlight.

Remember, Lathander one-shot a dracolich and he smote Sammaster with basically a huge magnifying glass >>50362207

Would also love to see their battle.
>>
>>50371723
Had a look at Orbakh...it's no contest. Orbakh is susceptible to sunlight. Guess what Lathander is good at.
Also THAC0 -10 with #AT 5/2.
>>
Not sure why god avatars are disliked, they've been in the game since the beginning.
>>
Has anybody here had a good story/campaign set on Tuern? It sounds badass, but I haven't seen too much written on it.
>>
File: 1454168352006.png (244KB, 482x470px) Image search: [Google]
1454168352006.png
244KB, 482x470px
>>50371380
>>50371546
>After nuking it from orbit.

Was nuked in the past when an Avatar of Moander which was basically a green gigantic jelly attacked the city, got set on fire by a red dragon and then said red dragon fell on the avatar and the city.

Cant nuke Westgate.
>>
>>50373356
What a fucking boss.
What happened to the red dragon and the avatar? Where's that bit from?

>>50373101
Where's Tuern?
>>
>>50373410

Tuern's an island far to the NW of the Sword Coast. It's ruled by Dragon Worshipers. Not much on it in the SCAG.
>>
>>50373482
Was this something that was introduced in 5e?
>>
>>50362303
Post more stats.
>>
Travelling to Damara, any tips?
Also any books about the place?
>>
>>50374024
Read up on the Bloodstone lands, but that's probably more the DM's thing.

If you aren't allowed to, prepare lots of cold weather gear and undead killing gear.
There's still undead remnants from the time of the Witch King and Orcus.

There's also an assassin's cult high in the mountains, so prepare to also foil their attacks.
>>
File: 1458165112790.jpg (203KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458165112790.jpg
203KB, 1276x720px
>>50373410
>What happened to the red dragon and the avatar?
The red dragon was already beaten up badly due to the Avatar hurling ripped out trees from its gargantuan body at it, like some slimy ballista.
When Mist fell on it, it tried to engulf her, so she spewed some dragonfire at pointblank range into it.
Turns out when you are the Avatar of Moander aka the god of rot and decay and consume every living thing as a giant ancient blob on your way to Westgate you start producing a lot of gases and Pic related happened.

Apparently nearly one quarter of the city was destroyed by the explosion.

>Where's that bit from?
Azure Bonds Novel.
>>
>>50374304
Cheers mate.

Mist is based af, did she survive the detonation or succumb to its repulsiveness?
I'll also post Moander's stats in a few, see how his stats match his book version?
>>
>>50374443
>Mist is based af, did she survive the detonation or succumb to its repulsiveness?
Died in the explosion just like the Avatar of Moander.

Mist was great tho. Apparently she hung out with Thauglor when she was younger and was like "Aww hell naw", when he had his war with the Elves and later with Cormyr. Stuck rather to attacking caravans from time to time for loot and food.
>>
File: Moander.png (293KB, 562x566px) Image search: [Google]
Moander.png
293KB, 562x566px
>>50374443
There's a bunch more, but I need to learn how to take a screenshot of a single or double page.
>>
File: Elmore - Dragonwall (cropped).jpg (292KB, 903x927px) Image search: [Google]
Elmore - Dragonwall (cropped).jpg
292KB, 903x927px
>>50365386
>favorite realms novel
Dragonwall (pic related).

>favorite realm
Tethyr.

>where would you live
Waterdeep.

>favorite npc
Can't decide between Giogi W and Koja of Khazari. Probably the latter, though.

>favorite vidja set in the realms
Pool of Radiance.
>>
File: Caldwell - The Wyverns Spur.jpg (108KB, 760x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Caldwell - The Wyverns Spur.jpg
108KB, 760x1003px
>>50374861
Mist is only one of the great things to come out of the Finder's Stone trilogy. Giogi, his mad professor relative, Alias, Akabar and Olive are fantastic.

Also, bring back halflings like Olive, not the skinny gits we have these days.
>>
>>50357011
The only correct answers are either
A: Torm, the God of smiting dumbshits who don't like Torm
or
B: Mask, the God of not giving any shits whatsover about your plot, he wins.
>>
>>50374923
Apparently Olive had to be a thief because halflings couldn't be bards. Another example of stupidity from 2e.
Also, that's a damn fine leg.
>>
File: 1464652232258.jpg (40KB, 350x354px) Image search: [Google]
1464652232258.jpg
40KB, 350x354px
>>50374959
I would like to amend my previous statement, and add option C, which apparently is available again.
C: Myrkul, the based-est God of Death in any setting not Discworld.
>>
>>50374959
Torm is BroestPaladin.

>>50375008
Myrkul is a total dick and would terrorize people just for shits and giggles, and to remind them of the inevitability of death and that he was always watching. Ok, that's pretty based.
>>
>>50375008
>evil dickass who invented the Wall of the Faithless and enjoyed finding excuses to put people in it, rather than being fair in his judgements
>based

Uh-huh.

Kelemvor is the objectively superior death god.
>>
File: olive.jpg (19KB, 243x216px) Image search: [Google]
olive.jpg
19KB, 243x216px
>>50374973
>Olive had to be a thief because halflings couldn't be bards

Then again, in the books she actually does thieving, I mean The Wyvern's Spur kicks off when she pickpockets the wrong person. She also nicked the name of a human bard to use as her nom de yarting.

What's inexplicable, though, is that she doesn't have NWP: Musical Instrument in the original Azure Bonds module, when she's actually a decent player. (Then again, Alias doesn't have any NWPs listed at all, and she should at least have Singing). Fortunately they have these added in the Heroes' Lorebook.
>>
>>50374861
Was this the Mistinarperadnacles Hai Draco?
Apparently she punched out Cthulhu, I mean Moander.
So a red dragon decided bloodshed wasn't for her and instead randomly attacked caravans. That's like a pacifist in their terms.

>>50374923
Jeff Grubb has written some good shit. His Kaz the Minotaur book was great.
>>
>>50375008
>>50375036
>>50375071
Nah, passionless Jergal is.
>>
File: mist.jpg (277KB, 682x875px) Image search: [Google]
mist.jpg
277KB, 682x875px
>>50375091
The one and only.
>>
>>50375112
What did you use to capture that, good sir?
>>
>>50375129
Zoom out until the page fits, alt-printscreen, paste into Irfanview, crop, save.
>>
>>50375147
>irfanview
Nigga just use MS Paint
>>
File: tavern_bard_by_robrey-d7wmrr7.jpg (348KB, 901x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tavern_bard_by_robrey-d7wmrr7.jpg
348KB, 901x1200px
>>50374923
Halflings in 5e are fucking hideous abominations.
>>
File: 1431542279364.gif (396KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1431542279364.gif
396KB, 288x288px
>>50375071
Kelemvor weak-knee'd "good guy" antics nearly brought about an end to the FR Gods system in general. Not allowing Evil gods to reward their followers, and actively punishing Evil Faithless while rewarding the Good Faithless made almost no one choose evil. Honestly he came closer to destroying evil then Lathander ever did. Until Ao bitch-slapped him for ruining his precious BALANCE.
>>50375104
Jergal is a solid 8/10 Death god, and he gets bonus points for true apathy. He works better as Death's seneschal though.
>>
>>50375167
Kelemvor does only have Int 13, Wis 13, at least in the 2e Faiths and Avatars.
Cyric is no better at Int 17, Wis 16.
You would've thought once the gods had undergone apotheosis, Ao would've shored up their mental deficiencies.
>>
>>50375396
Cyric is actively insane, and Ao has never given two shits about the Gods themselves, just their portfolios. Still, being able to see into nearly all of every plane should probably put your mind a little above mortal status.
>>
>>50375413
Cyric had mortal intervention in curing his divine madness, as caused by reading the Cyrinishad. So he no longer has any excuses for being a colossal dick.

Ao should've really bitchslapped them harder.
>>
>>50375413
Haven't kept up with much since a little after Spellplague. Didn't realize he wasn't crazy anymore.
>>
>>50375503
Cyric, iirc, only went insane after reading the Cyrinishad, then was cured of that madness by the forced reading of the True Life of Cyric.
This all happened way prior to the Spellplague and at the tail-end of the Avatar Crisis.
>>
File: Lathander_p39-1-.jpg (93KB, 400x638px) Image search: [Google]
Lathander_p39-1-.jpg
93KB, 400x638px
Here we see Lathander as he prepares to devour a baby.
>>
>>50375587
after* the Avatar Crisis.
>>
>>50365519
It depends on how you view the FR really. You can see it as hyper detailed and too filled with characters and lore to do anything. But I would argue that FR is best for adventures from levels 1-12. All that fluff gives you much to work with for small scale adventures while making your party feel part of a larger world.

Just not great if you want to have epic quests of huge importance.Even then you can do it, but only if you build it up right. It needs to start small and only grow big later into the story.

See the big name heroes of FR work like nuclear weapons. If one side commits a nuke then the other side will also commit a nuke. Elminster can't just solve every problem because any time he looks at a problem his enemies also look at that problem. Same with Drizzt. Where he goes Lolth is gonna be fucking shit up. Which can make a situation even more of a quagmire.

So if you build it properly by the time a situation is important enough for them to give it attention, their presence would only complicate things. Where as your players at that point will be powerful enough that they just might be able to handle it and they would be better versed in what is going on so they would be trusted to handle it. However you can make them feel like they only just might be able to handle it, to give them tension.

At least that is how I always handle my campaigns in FR. But mostly I try to keep it ending at around level 10-12 and smaller scale.
>>
>>50375587
Didn't he also go insane when he backstabbed Mystra though? (The event that started the Spellplague)
>>
>>50375939
Nah, that was just him being a dick as always. He's always hated Mystra, since when she was Midnight.
>>
>>50352545
Is Thar even a proper nation?
I always saw it more as a region too shit for elves and dwarves to steal so orcs and goblings etc. hang out there, instead.

Thar in Mystara on the other hand...
>>
>>50375154
Or just pirate Adobe Acrobat, extract the page, and export as .png.
>>
>>50376195
No, I mean afterwords, he went crazy again and stopped answering any of his followers. They still got spells, but his high clerics stopped receiving direction, and the other gods went back to calling him the Mad God.
>>
>>50376302
Now that's something I didn't know about and need to read up on again. I've usually only had a cursory glance at the 4e changes.
>>
>>50376195
Technically, he was jealous of Kelemvor because Midnight chose Kel over Cyric (Cyric was the "nice guy and friend" in the relationship). And his "reward" from Ao as becoming the god of strife ultimately made him as much or more of a slave than before.
>>
Why are sharn CE in 4e? Fucking wat.
>>
>>50376542
Though even now, he is subservient to no one (except technically Ao).
>>
>>50376643
Except his followers, and the council of other greater gods (demonstrated in his trial), and to his portfolio, AND Ao.

Cyric got a shitty, shitty deal.
>>
>>50376542
>>50376643
Ao "allowed" him to take up the mantle vacated by the three slain gods of Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul. Then he murdered Leira with Mask.
He's got away with a lot of shit.
>>
>>50376678
Although he rapidly lost the Bane mantle (to Bane), the Bhaal mantle (in 5E, to Bhaal), and Myrkul mantle (to Kelemvor).

He's basically just the god of strife and illusions now.
>>
>>50376660
He is beholden to his followers and worshippers as decreed by Ao, only their veneration ensures he remains a greater god. This is a good thing.

He's demonstrated he doesn't give a fat rat's clacker what the other greater gods think,

Ao isn't really involved in the Realms, except when he is, mostly when there are editions to be changed. Ao could've prevented the Spellplague and 4e but he didn't, the fucker.

Cyric got insane amounts of power (greater god and divine rank 17) and continued veneration from mortals; he's fucking popular. He's exactly where he wants to be.
>>
>>50376660
I'm not sure what you consider a shitty, shitty deal, Satan.
Perhaps your fall from grace also counts as a shitty, shitty deal.
>>
>>50376738
>He's demonstrated he doesn't give a fat rat's clacker what the other greater gods think,
He does, actually. At the end of his trial he very specifically admitted that he was bound to follow their decisions, even though he hated it and them, and he did have to actually win them over to convince them that he wasn't insane, or they would have stripped him of his rank and power.
>>
>>50376660
Then this is true for all gods.
>>
>>50376776
>not realizing that's what Cyric wants the other gods to hear and buttering them up.
He hasn't changed a bit, as his murder of Mystra demonstrated.
>>
>>50376781
Yes, it is. Cyric, though, thought that by becoming a god he would finally be completely free to do whatever he wanted, with nobody to tell him no. He was completely, utterly wrong. No sooner did he become a god than he became beholden to all the, to his mind, simpering mewling mortals he couldn't stand.
>>
>>50376797
The two aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>50376797
He can still do whatever the fuck he likes, it even says so in the supplements.
He does pit his worshippers against each other and finds it hilarious. He doesn't think twice about giving two factions conflicting information and making them go to war, but not too much war else that falls under Tempus's domain.
>>
>>50376797
>Cyric, though, thought that by becoming a god he would finally be completely free to do whatever he wanted, with nobody to tell him no. He was completely, utterly wrong. No sooner did he become a god than he became beholden to all the, to his mind, simpering mewling mortals he couldn't stand.
Now you're just making stuff up.
>>
>>50376225
>Thar in Mystara on the other hand...
What about it? Was it better?
>>
File: beer hearts collide BBA.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
beer hearts collide BBA.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
>>50375008
>C: Myrkul, the based-est God of Death in any setting not Discworld.

Myrkul and Bhaal are the best things about Forgotten Realms. They knew death sucks. No pretence of "balance" (whatever the fuck that actually means within a framework of morality), no attempts to make people feel good, no pansy-ass "death is a part of life" bullshit new age philosophy, just raw, nasty, dagger-in-your-cloaca DEATH.

Death is fucking awful, and so are they. The perfect embodiments of it.
>>
>>50375610
>"Sorry, short stuff, you've got an outie, not an innie. It's the Spartan way for you."
>>
>>50375610
>NOMNOMNOMDELICIOUSBABY
>>
>>50379740
>>50380766
Topkek.
>>
>>50380766
That's how Lathander maintains his golden glow.
>>
>>50381635
Ever wonder why all the sun gods have that healthy glow? Now you know.
>>
>>50381674
And you too can be like unto a god, just for the simple act of devouring babies. Don't you want to become like Lathander?
>>
>>50381903
It's the Neutral Good thing to do!

>Lathander: "I want you! To devour babies!"
>>
>>50348713
Best RPG book ever written.
>>
File: lanthander babies.jpg (226KB, 400x638px) Image search: [Google]
lanthander babies.jpg
226KB, 400x638px
>>50382005
>pic related
>>
>>50382005
>>50382041
Holy shit, lol.

>>50382041
Fucking saved.
>>
>>50382076
Glad my Thanksgiving boredom is proving useful to someone.
>>
File: 1477296733235.jpg (756KB, 2432x2090px) Image search: [Google]
1477296733235.jpg
756KB, 2432x2090px
>>50382094
Happy Thanksgiving, brah.
>>
>>50382148
Thanks anon, hope you have a good one too.
>>
" On Febuary 20, 2004 THO said: I can answer this one directly, without bothering Ed (snow load tore off one of his eavestroughs last night, and sent it crashing down.so of course, being Ed, he uncovered one of the lawn chairs buried in the snow, made hot chocolate, and went out to watch and see if the NEXT trough along would fall; he didn't want to miss the crash):

When TSR bought the Realms, the original agreement (which I know about because, as one of his players, I had to sign legal release forms for my characters) included two things that touch on your question: Ed was supposed to receive a copy of everything published about the Realms (by TSR, not necessarily those by outside licenses like computer games), and be consulted and fully informed about forthcoming Realms products (so he wouldn't contradict or spoil surprises or anything like that by saying the wrong thing in public out of ignorance).

Over the years, this has sometimes been honoured very well . . . and sometimes not. WotC is far more secretive when dealing with non-employees, and I know that Ed buys his own copies of game products (not sure about novels), and often, because there are no local hobby shops anymore and he has to order through bookstores, waits a long time for them. I also know that a lot of WotC staffers and freelance authors working in the Realms keep in close touch with Ed, so I assume they are consulting with him about forthcoming Realms stuff.

The Hooded One"

Hmm. Seems like there kinda was consultation with Ed throughout their FR product life-cycles, but maybe not enough.
>>
>>50382427
Wow, WotC being dicks? News at 11. Good to have more evidence of it though.
>>
>>50383494
Wizards and TSR before that should've given Ed copies of the game products as a courtesy.
>>
>>50383674
Agreed.

>Sorry, we bought this world from you and consult you on it sometimes, when we feel like it, but you have to buy the products yourself. Hope that's ok!

Fucking ridiculous.
>>
hey, is the weave still a thing? Is shadow magic still a thing? If not, why?
>>
>>50383674
>>50383710
Sounds like that was in the contract with TSR. I wonder if it still holds after the WotC buyout and subsequent retiring of the TSR brand.
>>
>>50383772
According to >>50382427, it looks like it doesn't. Which is what we're complaining about. It seems like a little thing they could do to show some respect to the man who created one of their best settings but they don't.
>>
>>50383772
Apparently WotC are even more secretive; a few now Paizo-ex Wizards employees complained about their time working at or for Wizards and their practices.
>>
>>50383674
>>50383710
Yeah, definitely. Ed also seems like a swell guy.
>>
>>50383721
In what time-period, brah? I'm assuming 5e and after the Sundering and Spellplague.

According to the SCAG, both the Weave and Mystra have returned. Not so sure about the Shadow Weave.

The Dark Moon monks practice the Way of the Shadow which they can use to cast shadow spells, so there's that.
>>
>>50384020
The Shadow Weave was intrinsically linked in existence to the Weave (it was the empty spaces in the Weave, basically), so if the Weave goes, so does it. Now that it's back, there's no reason Shar couldn't restart the Shadow Weave.
>>
>>50384020
>>50384349
Nice.

Do you know where I can read up on the Dark Moon monks? Also, does that mean that Shar is a big player in the pantheon again?
>>
>>50384699
They appear in either Champions of Ruin or Lords of Darkness, I forget which book. Not too much detail, but it's something.
>>
>>50384699
They're in the SCAG, but you need to have the PHB on hand for the Way of the Shadow stuff.

They're also like >>50384921 has said in the Lords of Darkness book.
>>
So every entry of lore I've read about hobgoblins describes them as these intelligent beings capable of cities and empires...where are these cities and empires?

Are there any canon hobgoblin areas in FR?
>>
>>50386142
Off the top of my head, the Giantspire mountains on the Damara/Narfell border were hobgoblin territory, and there might have been another hob area near the Green Fields on the Sword Coast, but I don't think they were actual nations. I do remember the Giantspire hobgoblins were so hardcore the King of Damara (the one who beat the Witch King and demons up to and including Orcus) wasn't able to kick them out.
>>
>>50385829
>>50384921
Neat. Thanks, friend.
>>
File: hobgoblins gorge.jpg (158KB, 467x594px) Image search: [Google]
hobgoblins gorge.jpg
158KB, 467x594px
>>50386142
There's at least one historical hobgoblin "empire".
>>
>>50386497
No worries brah, I'm away from my books atm but could check again once I'm back home.
>>
>>50384349
I've always liked that, in the absence of the Weave exists the Shadow Weave. Here's hoping it still exists; it totally affected spells cast with the Weave.
>>
>>50384699
There' an organization entry in the 3e Lords of Darkness supplement. They're mostly sorcerer-monks that can also tap into the Shadow Weave, so the Shadow Weave should be back.

Lords of Darkness, while not bad at all, completely pales in comparison to the excellence that is the 2e Cloak and Dagger supplement, a similar supplement about organizations in the Realms. Which is unfortunately true for most of the FR 3e products.

There's also an entry in Champions of Ruin, and that entry is associated with the entry for Sharran cells.

I think the Order of the Dark Moon was created for 3e.
>>
Shar is great.
Our world for Shar.
>>
Elaith Craulnober is best elf.
>>
>>50389220
>>50389643

Sounds like some people are cruising for Tormite bruising.
>>
>>50391229
Evil was more interesting in 3.0.
>>
>>50392832
2.0 with the Villain's Lorebook and Cloak and Dagger.
>>
>>50394276
The Sellswords trilogy, Erevis Cale trilogy, Twilight War trilogy, War of the Spider Queen, and the Lady Penitent trilogy were written during 3.0.

2.0 had Realms of Infamy. Evil wasn't allowed to win or be competent in those days.
>>
>>50394471
In the so-called heroes' novels there were quite interesting villains, Iakhovas, Kymil Nimesin, the whole host of people from Cloak and Dagger (which is one of the best FR supplements to come out of that setting), Manshoon, Fzoul, Halaster, Elaith alone beats them all hands down.

Artemis and Jarlaxle were already from 2e.
>>
>>50394735
I'm still butthurt the Knights of the Shield turned from an amoral group of patriotic Amnish merchant princes into a group of Satanists serving a fucking shield.

Well, not as much as the way BG2 turned the Cowled Wizards from an underground society of Amnish wizards to the overt magical enforcers of the bosses of Athkatla, but not very far.
>>
>>50351950
so what happened during transition to 5e? I vaguely recall something about sundering but I stopped following before they explained it.
>>
>>50394950
>turned from an amoral group of patriotic Amnish merchant princes into a group of Satanists serving a fucking shield.
Yeah, have to agree, man, they were more interesting as an amoral group rather than instruments of a notSatan.

The devs probably used the Cowled Wizards to show much beyond their power Irenicus was.
>>
>>50395122
>used the Cowled Wizards to show much beyond their power Irenicus was

I would have had no objection to having Irenicus blowing up a big-shot mage to show just how powerful he is, but that thing with the Cowled Wizards turning literally 180 degrees from an oppressed group of wizards who have to do their magic underground into the magical leg breakers of Athkatla was a bit hard to swallow to say the least.

But re: amoral groups of merchants, at least there's the Rundeen.
>>
>>50395319
The Rundeen are also great, all of the organizations from Cloak and Dagger were great. We need a supplement like that for 5e.
>>
>>50391229
Torm is less smite-happy than Lathander though.
>>
>>50396068
Torm isn't the god of new beginnings; therefore, he has to think about what happens after the smiting.
>>
>>50352478
>>50352461
More importantly: Which one of the seven sisters is the biggest slut?
>>
>>50396288
The drow chick, because drow lol.
>>
>>50396432
Weren't her and Dove the only ones who are actually married?
>>
>>50396705
I have no idea. I was making a racist joke about drow being sluts, I don't know much about the Seven Sisters.
>>
>>50396288
Alustriel. There was a 3.5 supplement that detailed how many lovers, chikdren, and grandchildren she had.
>>
Why is Umberlee the best ocean deity and an objectively better version of Poseidon?
>>
>>50397043
That's a funny way to spell Valkur, friend.
>>
>>50397090

Oh hey buddy, good to see ya. Seems like you made a bit of a mistake though. Valkur faithful don't get a prestige class that turns you into a jellyfish.
>>
>>50397175
Pal, you know and I know that the Bitch Queen is neat and all, but jellyfish are terribly overrated. Doesn't even compare to the majesty of the Captain of the Waves.
>>
>>50397269

I don't know how you highfalutin, ship-riding, namby pampies do things, but Umberlants drown sacrifices to our Lady of the Deep. Hell, piss her off and you drown in your sleep, chum.
>>
>>50397322
Look amigo, I'm not saying I *don't* respect the Queen of the Deeps, I'm just saying the Mighty is mightier in my heart, you get it? Valkur's my captain and nothing's gonna change that.
>>
>>50397349

I think what we've got here is a failure to communicate, comrade. I hear everything you're saying, but ain't none of it make a lick of sense. It's all fine and good to want someone to look after your hunk of soon-to-be driftwood, but I think you got your priorities all turned around.
>>
>>50397801
Can't venerate the sea without being able to sail it, mate. Be ya pirate or privateer or merchant prince, everyone sails, and Valkur sees 'em all. Best ya remember that, next time you're lost at sea.
>>
>>50397043
Umberlee is best queen.
>>
>>50398824
Auril is best queen, not the Bitch.

>t. valkurfag
>>
>>50398824

A reasonable, well-formed opinion.

>>50398842

A scurvy-ridden pleb unfit to ply Umberlee's bosom.
>>
>>50398824
Umberlee a shit
Valkur a bro
>>
File: my nigga.jpg (168KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
my nigga.jpg
168KB, 1033x679px
>>50399227
>pic related

>>50399153
>not pic related
>>
>>50350689
NEVER
GET ON
THE FUCKING
BOAT!
>>
>>50395040
Basically all the major geographical changes were undone and the prior political situation re-asserted itself with new asses on the thrones and a new country or two in the Western Heartlands.
>>
File: four_seasons_wallpaper.jpg (537KB, 1600x831px) Image search: [Google]
four_seasons_wallpaper.jpg
537KB, 1600x831px
QUESTION: Is there a larger solar system within the Forgotten Realms universe? I know it's canon that wizards powerful enough can travel to other planets, and even took human slaves from them via magic portals. But those planets have their own populations, thus their own magic. And I am pretty certain they were in their own alternate universe, even.

What I want to know is if anyone has ever simply conjured up some kind of magical bubble of fresh air around them, and physically left the Forgotten Realms planet and traveled via outer space to the moon, or any other planets in their solar system.

I have been daydreaming lately about writing a story where someone in the Forgotten Realms universe is smart enough to set up a colony and eventually use magic to terraform their own planet.

Why go through all of the effort of creating a massively power draining portal to an alternate universe/planet, conquering a (for the planet) small part of that world, and then risk the native inhabitants royally wrecking your shit via their own magic/gods. When instead you can use magic to melt polar ice caps via dropping a couple semi seriously powerful fire elementals into the core of the planet to get it heated up. Then cloning (there ARE clone spells, right? If not, I am sure alchemy can accomplish it somehow) a shit ton of salt and freshwater algae and plants to get the atmosphere going. And then use the same technique on animals to get a healthy ecosystem going.

Sure, it's time and power consuming, but in the end one very clever individual can become a ruler of an ENTIRE FUCKING PLANET. Then it's just a matter of bringing colonists whose loyalty you are relatively certain of to your planet.

It would especially make sense if the person was an elf, and thus is truly capable of dedicating themselves to such a long term goal. What's 50 or a hundreds years of slaving away over this task, when you can sit back and rule over a paradise for 200 or 300 years once it's all complete?
>>
>>50392832
Wait, doesn't it say in multiple books that Jarlaxle shaves eeeeerrythang, even his eyebrows? (which, of course, strongly implies that he also shaves eeeeeerrythang down south, too.)

Speaking of sexy elves. Who, in your opinion my fellow anons, is the most sexy male elf in all of Forgotten Realms. And why?

Also, who is the most sexy female elf, and why?
>>
>>50400288
This makes me wonder, just how much body hair do elves have in D&D canon? Pit hair? Happy trails? Bushes?

Or does it all stop at the eyebrows?
>>
>>50400858
Wat.
>>
>>50399227
This is incorrect.
>>
>>50370116
Aw, hell yeah.

Poor Roamin though. Pulling Peasant as an attribute for the second time this season. That's rough.
>>
>>50400863
You seriously never wondered if Elves in D&D have pubic hair or not?
>>
>>50401296
>>50400858
I remember in one of the Novels about the whole Shadebusiness the elf protagonist was confused that human women have that much hair down there and under the armpits when he sees the female human warrior bathing.

So its safe to assume they at least female elves either dont have pubic hair like the freaks they are or at least much much less.
>>
File: Realmspace.png (4MB, 1750x1147px) Image search: [Google]
Realmspace.png
4MB, 1750x1147px
>>50400232
Have you ever heard of Spelljammer?
>>
>>50402621
>>50401296
Please don't encourage his creepiness.
>>
>>50402878
Please go and be a SJW-prude somewhere else. In fact, please kill yourself.
>>
>>50400288
Elves don't have hair anywhere but their head and eyebrows
>>
>>50402892
/pfg/ is that way, you chucklefuck.
>>
File: CyHZ7p8XAAA1VLm.jpg large.jpg (113KB, 708x680px) Image search: [Google]
CyHZ7p8XAAA1VLm.jpg large.jpg
113KB, 708x680px
>>50402922
How about you go to the /pfg/ and tell them how to police their speech.
Fuck off, subhuman, no one wants you and your ilk here.
>>
>>50402937
Hahaha, that's hilarious coming from you, and also horrendously sad.
>>
>>50402937
Needing to defend yourself so hard.
Ok.
>>
>>50402937
That's a fine fetish you have there, but you do protest too much.
>>
File: 1458979894430.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458979894430.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>Forgotten Realms is the setting I know the most about
>Never played a PnP game in Forgotten Realms
Any other NWN players here?
>>
>>50403077
>>50403018
>>50402966
>(You)
>>
>>50402937
>autist neckbeards gotta autist
>>
>>50403170
Ok.
>>
How would you stat a Netherese in 5e?

Also, chill the fuck out all of you, holy shit.
>>
>>50375156
delet
>>
>>50403220
They finally honestly look terrifying.
>>
>>50403096
ayy
>>
My concept of Alustriel as de facto ruler of Silverymoon has always been glossed over by TSR (and now WotC) for Code of Ethics/Code of Conduct reasons, because I see her as the Realms equivalent of 'the Queen of Courtly Love,' presiding over a Court that amuses itself (along with delighting in wit, new songs, new inventions or clever craftsmanship, and fashions) with dalliances, courtship, and lovemaking. Er, lots of lovemaking. :}
In the same way that real-world kings in some places and times enjoyed droit de signeur [French for: "As the King, I have the right to sleep with anyone" :}], Alustriel takes many lovers for short periods of time, and is one of those rare kind, understanding, warm people who has the knack of staying close, affectionate friends with former lovers, even in the presence of other ex-flames. In fact, it's quite likely that any meeting of courtiers will contain a majority of folk who have visited the royal bed or baths at one time or another -- and most of them remain fiercely loyal to Alustriel and to her dream of Silverymoon. (In fact, some cynics, such as Torm of the Knights of Myth Drannor, believe she deliberately seduces political foes to transform them into personal friends.) The fact demonstrably remains that to attack Alustriel in Silverymoon will be to evoke immediate defense of her person by dozens of champions who will lay down their lives to protect hers, even knowing she's the "Anointed of the Goddess" and may not really need their protection.
>>
>>50404754
For obvious moral reasons, published Realmslore glides over all this 'free love' stuff (gakk! orgies! Nonononono!) without saying much (though if you read the words of Silverymmon-related Realmslore I've written, nothing contradicts it). If you're portraying Alustriel correctly in play, she loves to laugh (except when to do so would be cruel to others), gives hugs, caresses, and kisses freely, has no personal dignity (nude? Me? Yes, so? Yes, I heard him comment on the shape and taste of my breasts -- that's why I was thanking him) but a LOT of personal grace and charm, and never forgets details about people (so if meeting a knight she bedded one night eight years ago, she'll recall the name of his ailing mother and her ailment, the name of his new bride, and any 'touchy triggers' any of them might have). Most folk who meet her can't remain jealous of her or angry at her for long.
The original Mystra seemed to encourage Alustriel to have children (why? Hoho! SO many mysteries, waved before you!), because she conceived every nine months and a day or two, giving Faerun a succession of healthy males in a series of easy births (and being little constricted or uncomfortable while pregnant, because rather than acquiring a ballooning belly, the High Lady always put on weight all over, and retained her poise, balance, and activities). Yes, she's given birth to females, and no, I'm not going to say ANYTHING more about that for future schemes reasons. :} The new Mystra may have other ideas, because (as far as Elminster knows -- and he doesn't hesitate to ask her, straight out) Alustriel isn't pregnant right now, and shows no signs of becoming so.
>>
>>50404754
>>50404760
"Aerasume" is a surname, and all of the tall, strapping lads who bear it share the same father, who remains Alustriel's lover on nights when she needs comforting, but these days is often away from Silverymoon on explorative expeditions into the wilderlands. As I said: with very few exceptions, Alustriel remains on good terms with her former lovers, and manages somehow to keep them comfortable with each other (I guess it's like being members of a club one very much enjoys being part of). So they all get along well together. At long-ago GenCons I often ran Realms play sessions in which PCs were sent with an urgent message to Alustriel [a stranger to them by all but reputation] through a secret portal that admitted them to the Palace but removed all metal -- weapons and, er, BELT BUCKLES -- and all enchanted materials [items and garments vanished, spells operating on the bodies of the PCs just melted away] in doing so. Stumbling over their own falling clothing but under imperative, overriding orders to get to Alustriel right away (and bearing a pass that would let them do so), the racing PCs were directed to a certain chamber, and burst into it to discover that it was taken up by a vast, shallow bath filled with warm rosewater and naked people making love. SOMEwhere in all of that sliding flesh was Alustriel. Their mission: find her.
>>
>>50404760
And I thought all the jokes about Ed writing with his dick were just exaggeration.

Where did he write this stuff, RPG.net?
>>
File: Dragon Magazine #200 cover.png (937KB, 601x781px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Magazine #200 cover.png
937KB, 601x781px
>>50404802
It was a different era.
>>
>>50404802
And Candlekeep. He's always been a randy fellow.
>>
File: Shar (ExodusProxy).jpg (111KB, 900x951px) Image search: [Google]
Shar (ExodusProxy).jpg
111KB, 900x951px
>>50389220
>Our world for Shar.

Like Ephyras?
>>
File: pantsuonhead.jpg (44KB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
pantsuonhead.jpg
44KB, 350x240px
>>50404802
>Alustriels sexuality is based on the french renaissance
>OMG HE MUST BE WRITING WITH HIS DICK

I swear to god every time a subject goes remotely in a sexual direction someone will show up who is unable to contain himself, has to project his shortcomings on everyone else and declare how icky/perverted/fetishy/magicalrealm X is.
Maybe it is his fetish, maybe it isn't. Have you asked him? No? Then why are you pretending to be so well informed?
>>
Eberron was better.
>>
>>50406213
Go to bed, Ed, you made con-goers play through a bath-orgy version of Where's Wally.
>>
File: forty_keks.jpg (31KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
forty_keks.jpg
31KB, 292x257px
>>50406236
Fuck me, I giggled.
>>
>>50406236
Dont project your fetishes onto other people. Just because you like your fetish shit in D&D doesnt mean everyone does.
>>
>>50407306
Took you a while, faggot. Too busy writing about the queen throwing orgy-parties and wandering around naked?
>>
>>50407327
You know it. Gotta channel Ed as hard as possible.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.