[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dust Tactics...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Dust.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dust.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Is there a player base for this before I go all in?

I can use tokens, but minis with *articulation* is super appealing... first off is that true? can you articulate the minis? if so is it worth the $400+?
>>
My experience was my FLGS talking about getting a community for the game rolling, me getting excited and buying a 300pt list and the rulebook for $100, and then the models just taking up space. Maybe somewhere out there the game is thriving, but it isn't New Jersey from what I can tell.
>>
>>50346539
Straight up brotha - I'm in seattle....

I'm on the edge that minis aren't worth even a 1$ for one, but its a huge discount....

I'm guessing if I buy I'll just be masturbating....

I think most /tg/ers are more story fixated rather than wanting to fight each other with dice.....
>>
Hey but do the minis actually have articulation?
>>
>>50346481

I have been in 8 LGSs (in Germany) and asked if they have players/events/opportunities to play and they say there are some players who ask the same from time to time, so general interest might be there, but they can't get enough people together to set shit up... a buddy of mine from the UK told me it's mostly the same over there. Can't speak for the US though.

I'd really like to get into it, because the models look great and the game itself seems to be fun, but without anybody to play I'll just stick to 30k.
>>
It's a good game utterly fucked over by its creator bing apparently the worst asshole to work with. As far as I know there is a planned revival of the game with yet another publisher (he got kicked out by several others so far), but I'm not sure people will accept that shit again.
It's probably best accept that it's dead at this point.
Which is a shame because I have a crapton of minis for the game. All painted, too.
>>
>>50346683
Ok, well shit I guess i dont need to spend money i dont have any way....

I'll admit from what i saw it looks cool, but cool =/= fun etc..
>>
>>50346704
I honestly can't even say if it's fun or not. A friend of mine was looking into getting it as a cheaper way to start wargaming than 40k, but then he got a job and found he could afford the plastic crack. It seems to be a common trend with my friends of them getting excited about something, getting me excited, and then as soon as I spend money they all just stop. Shit's annoying.
>>
>>50346704
Nah, it's fun and plays very well and very quickly, especially the grid-based version, but after several years of failure to deliver kickstarter stuff, lawsuits and counter-lawsuits, Parente being a general asshole and a variety of other bad shit on top of no new releases or news, people just got tired of it and stopped giving a fuck.
>>
>>50346683
What's the story there, exactly. What the hell has this guy done that several publishers have dropped him?
>>
>>50346826

I know that he broke with FFG because they wanted to scale it up from a skirmish game.

And from what I've gathered the meltdown with Battlefront happened because of bad communication over a kickstarter. Pablo (dev guy) was telling BFone thing, the Dust Studios CEO rescinded that, but BF had already done something stupid, etc.

Now it's being kickstarted again for a brand new game.

>>50346481

Just play Konflict '47 instead, it's made a by a company not likely to blow up like Dust Studios.
>>
>>50346879
For those of us already suckered into the dead game, does anyone know if the Dust models are of similar sizes to the Konflikt models?
>>
>>50347142

Are the dust guys around 28mm?
>>
>>50347142

I think the infantry are in the correct scale.

Dunno about the vehicles though
>>
>>50346481
Man, I got like two full armies and a bit of another because everyone at my flags was talking up the shit out of the game, and I got some decent deals on a few lots, then not one of them wanted to play, even with me providing all the rulebooks and models for them because they all got into magic. Is there any demand for them? If I could just get rid of the whole lot I would.
>>
>>50347142
Dust models tend more towards the realistic proportions, but they're the same scale. Don't know how well they'd work together.

And to expand on this >>50346879 Paolo Parente is a possessive cunt. Tactics was the first game, and his baby, and was a tile based game of decent quality. When Warfare came out, the skirmish game variant, and starting doing a hell of a lot better, he got a serious case of the hindpain and then support for it got wonky - to the point where any rules updates for the Warfare side were only on the website instead of in book form...and then they became non-existent.

OP, the game is in limbo. I have a shit ton of Axis, but no one to play with. That said, the models are fun, and they can be pretty cheap, so if you're looking for something to paint, they're not a bad option.
>>
>>50346579
>Hey but do the minis actually have articulation?

No
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.