[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinity General: Heavy Metal Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 38

File: maggie.jpg (263KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
maggie.jpg
263KB, 900x506px
Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where recasters are nowhere to be found and everything's made in glorious METAL.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>No-longer-provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wikis:
http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page
http://www.infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
https://mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
https://army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
http://www.captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
http://n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
http://www.youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
http://pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
https://www.mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
https://mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (different toilet, same shit)
http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
http://infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous thread
>>50288942
>>
File: ALEPH 1 001.jpg (328KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ALEPH 1 001.jpg
328KB, 1127x1600px
First for ALEPH waifus best waifus, other pleb factions need not apply
>>
They finally overhauled the store btw.
>>
>>50334368
Holy shit you're right! Looks way nicer than the clusterfuck that was before
>>
The Tohaa 300 point box is one unit short of being able to form 3 triads, instead of a Kotail (which is still amazing in its own right) they could have easily added a Gao-Rael in for the same SWC and less points allowing for an additional diplomatic delegate. It feels like they did this to get people to buy an additional unit right off the bat after buying the Tohaa box.
>>
>>50334339
So you don't like strong ape waifus
>>
>>50334368
>store overhaul
>it's now as garbage as the GW one
Good job, CB. Well done.
>>
File: YOUAREHUGE.png (56KB, 206x206px) Image search: [Google]
YOUAREHUGE.png
56KB, 206x206px
How to paint aleph and overall light tones like ivory and white? I tried going with Grey, lighter Grey and then white, still looks bad
>white Primed minis
>>
>>50334469
I prefer my yandere cyborg waifus: efficient, clean, deadly. Beep-bop.
>>
>>50334513
Glaze medium is your friend, drink it every day and it your cum will gain a new shine.

you can also add it to paint for smoother highlights
>>
>>50334666
forgot pic. Also thx satan for the trips
>>
>>50334501
Catalog has also been overhauled, which is great. They returned the fluff entries.

Not sure if that's old news or not.
>>
http://orig04.deviantart.net/2ffe/f/2016/325/8/5/leila_sharif_by_mynameisrobotjones-dap4idi.jpg
>>
>>50335183
>Not a full-page shot of her ass
You had one job, RJ.

Looks excellent, though. Looks like you're improving.
>>
>>50334513
Painted my steep Phalanx gold, red and grey it came out pretty well
>>
>>50334513
Do you have an airbrush? That's the only way I have ever gotten white to look good.
>>
>>50334513
You don't need an airbrush to make white look good. I hand brush my Nomads white. Key is to THIN YOUR PAINTS (thinner medium), Prime White, and use two different whites.

Make sure they are fresh paints that aren't chalking too.
>>
>>50335146
>They returned the fluff entries
Where? Catalog looks the same for me, just a bit slower to load.
>>
File: infinitycatalog.jpg (98KB, 634x672px) Image search: [Google]
infinitycatalog.jpg
98KB, 634x672px
>>50336497
Actually now that you ask, it looks like many of the profiles are missing fluff text. Must be an ongoing thing.
>>
>>50334513
I think toned whites look better than plain ones. Angels' white for Aleph has many steps, but is imo worth it.
>>
File: GBIC004-ariadna-ceramic-mug.jpg (69KB, 960x403px) Image search: [Google]
GBIC004-ariadna-ceramic-mug.jpg
69KB, 960x403px
Comarades!
Does anyone have this art with good resolution?
>>
File: monsters-pit-studio-scouts[1].jpg (331KB, 1532x1080px) Image search: [Google]
monsters-pit-studio-scouts[1].jpg
331KB, 1532x1080px
>>50337105
Greetings, Comrade. It's from Monters pit studio.
>>
>>50336497
>>50336658
ugh can they quit it with this web 2.0 bullshit, I want to be able to open links in new tabs gods damnit.
>>
>>50337955
Yeah. Shit's stupid.
>>
>>50337577
More concept art please !
>>
>>50336658
Ah, they changed the URL. That explains it.
>>
>>50334368
Now it's slower, less clean and more awkward to use. Amazing.
>>
>>50338430
They're Spanish, that's an improvement by their standards.
>>
File: IMG_2384.jpg (186KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2384.jpg
186KB, 1024x1448px
Given that Varuna will be in the next book, exactly what would this sectorial include?
I mean, Cutters, Kamau (hopefully with a new sculpt), ORCs and Croc-Men are obvious, as are the usual slew of remotes and such, but what beyond that?
That said, Kamau core link sounds great, doesn't it?
>>
File: 1469450882169.png (4KB, 368x376px) Image search: [Google]
1469450882169.png
4KB, 368x376px
>>50338430
>>
>>50339349
Yea, Kamau Core + ORC Haris will be nice.
>>
>>50339349
devas, garudas, dakinis, sophotecs, devas, nagas and two ALEPH characters, as it is tradition for pano
>>
Muyib or Asawira link? Also, what are some good Hassassin haris options?
>>
>>50339363
List looks good, I'd switch the minelayer to an FO though.
>>
>>50339634
Yes.
>>
>>50339634
Govads baby.
>>
>>50340087
?
>>
>>50334112
So another fluff question.

I was looking over how much influence the religious lobbies have in PanOceanian society and all I can think is "being an Atheist in PanO must suck ass."

Your religious neighbors can volunteer for a soup kitchen on the weekends and get brownie points towards Resurrection while you have to deal with the Department of Social Affairs who are described in the books as being frustratingly bureaucratic.
>>
>>50339613
Kamau core + Cutter Lt for me. Season to taste with Croc-men.
If they bring out a new Kamau box, I hope there will be a little more variety, like a boarding shotgun.
>>
>>50340596
>church has literal control over life and death, inmortality included
>nope, not gonna believe in anything they did do
Being an atheist in pano isn't just frustrating, it's flat out for morons and the equivalent of atheists in fantasy settings with gods walking among men.
>>
>>50340759
Except it's not gods that are doing the miracles. It's science that's available to every major nation, and the known alien races as well.

A Yu Jing citizen being resurrected by the Party is a lot more direct.
In PanO, you just need to do some bribes to the incredibly corrupt Space Vatican, and boom.
>>
>>50340810
The science gifted to man by god. Check mate atheists.

Being an atheist myself, i don't know what's with people and not accepting different settings having different rules. Like, every fucking fantasy campaign has at least one faggot claiming atheism when it's near impossible, or a faggot complaining about women not holding rank in a particular nation. Just look at the faggots complaining about morats marginalizing their women or whatever.
>>
>>50339349
Fusiliers, most likely with low AVA
Total AVA Kamau with linkable, overhauled
Cutters
Teutons, hopefully but probably not overhauled
Croc Men
AVA 5/6 Orcs with core, haris and duo linkability, probably a missile launcher too if other basic HI are anything to go by
Some sort of Helot unit, maybe with an engineer option if you're lucky
>>
I'm interested in trying this game out, I have another friend who is willing to try with me. What is a good point total for a small 1v1?
>>
>>50341894
The game can be tested at as low as 50 points using the basic grunts, but the units with the skills that really define the game typically call for a game of at least 150 points, and 300 is "tournament standard".

The faction starters are usually around 100 points, FWIW.
>>
>>50341894

The easiest starter games? 3 LI figures per side. 30 points. The starter boxes are usually around 120 or so points, some are higher. The starter 2 player boxes are decently balanced, and they're a great way to learn the game. Go halfsies with a friend, and they're brilliant value as well.
>>
>>50340759
>>50340810
Well PanO is pretty pluralistic.

Yes the Church is the largest issuer of Resurrection licenses, but they aren't the only one. The Hindus are the second largest religion after Christianity in PanO so naturally they would have the authority to issue Resurrection licenses as well. Also the Sikhs, the Buddhists and the Jews. Then you also have the Department of Social Affairs who will resurrect you if you can prove that society has benefited from you and will continue to benefit from your continued existence.

Of course, the ability to issue Resurrection Licenses comes not form God but from ALEPH and everyone knows it.
>>
>>50338361
Those guys in particular only published about three other infinity things. I'll do best to worst.
>>
>>50338361
>>50342566
Aswang is still an unfortunate name.
>>
>>50342584
Could've been worse, could've been culopene.
>>
>>50342627
I get it, but then the spaniards would actually catch that before publishing
>>
File: kumotail qt13.jpg (41KB, 392x750px) Image search: [Google]
kumotail qt13.jpg
41KB, 392x750px
So I'm interested in tohaa, and people keep talking up the important of triads, and how important they are, but people's lists dont actually tell me what I'm looking for when making a triad.

Like do I want long range firepower, close range firepower and an button pusher? Firepower + filler + button-pusher?

Can any Tohaafags give me some of their favorite triads and why they work?
>>
>>50342755
Depends on what you wanted to do and where they will do work. The thing is that triads are absurdly adaptable, so they can do all kinds of shit.
>>
First timer here. Just bought Red Veil, what do i need to start painting? i never paint before.
>>
>>50342755
Defensive = Sukeul ML/Gao Rael sniper + Kameal or Pokemon trainer
Offensive = High B piece plus two Makaul.
>>
>>50342908
Vallejo paint set, matte medium, Sable brush.

Don't skimp, thin your paints and take your time.
>>
>>50342908
Paints, brushes, a cup of water. One of those paints being a spray primer, I like Tamiya's.

You'll want a hobby knife (scalpel-looking thing) and super-glue for assembly. A needle file would be nice as well.

Then for basing,well, there's plenty of ways to go there. But some fine sand, some static grass, and a bottle of wood glue would be a good start. The mini is NOT done until you've based it.

A spray can of matte varnish to seal everythign up afterwards so the paint stays on as you play.
>>
>>50342951
>>50343021
Thank you, but which Vallejo paint set?
>>
>>50342908
Fellow first-timer, I've been getting by with acrylic indoor house paint, water, and a small sable brush I got off a family friend.
>>
>>50343253
Vallejo, P3, Citadel(Games workshop, jews you but is still good paint), and Coat d'Arms. Army Painter starter set is also pretty neat too.

I would recommend going with the Army Painter set because it will cover your bases and then you can pick from whatever set/colors you want.
>>
>>50341025
>morats marginalizing their women
Who posts garbage like that? It doesn't even begin to make sense.
>>
>>50344520
Something something Zerat, something something no huge bulky women.
>>
>>50344520
I think that the source of complaints started with "muh gender segregated units" and then ended there as well, because that's the only thing that can even be interpreted as Morat women being marginalised.

Some people just get desperate trying to find shit to bitch and moan about.
>>
>>50344670
>Some people just get desperate trying to find shit to bitch and moan about.
Remember where you are...
>>
>>50344850
>>50344670
>>50344569
>>50344520
To be fair I was pretty miffed when I found out I don't get red muscle alium waifus for cheerleaders for some arbitrary fluff reason that isn't even that gud.
>>
>>50344872
It makes the red muscle alium waifus we do get all the more special.
>>
>>50344881
Until I get a new zerat sculpt rocking some kind of sci-fi whaletail and a thicc booty I'm going to pout.
>>
>>50340759
Except you can straight up buy resurrection if you can, proving that all churches worship Mammon.
>>
>>50342755
You trade. Ideally you would have a powerful pointman, an objective grabber, smokes and a Lt. candidate in every link. An you can't, so you trade.

Premium units cover multiple purposes. Keesan does objectives and does sensor-enabled shooting, Neema can be LT with a big gun, Sukeul can Lt and FO, Taquel or GaoRael slow the team but offer big value.
>>
File: Meteor Shower.jpg (178KB, 600x311px) Image search: [Google]
Meteor Shower.jpg
178KB, 600x311px
When does the manga preorder start?
>>
>>50344872
The way I gather why there ain't no female morats in Vanguards or shit like that is simply because the spaniards haven't figured out what their helmless faces would look like, so they release only helmeted Morat waifus. Since most Morats have a severe disdain for helmets, can't really mix the girls in there like you can with other races. It's a bit of a shame, I'd love to see some thicc Suryat or Sogarat ladies.
>>
>>50346864
They just look like human females with 80's hair, morat eyes and a :3 mouth instead of the jagged one males have. There, done.
>>
>>50346887
New males don't have jagged beaks after the design chance.

It's a tough choice to have both angry, sexy, rugged and alien, all in one package.

incoming nomads, furries and muscle girl fetishists in 3...2...1...
>>
File: krakot.jpg (98KB, 1000x706px) Image search: [Google]
krakot.jpg
98KB, 1000x706px
>>50346941
They still have jagged mouths and horns, they're just a lot less emphasised. The old ones sort of look like caricatures of the new ones.

And there's no choice involved in making an angry, sexy, rugged alien. All of the above is an option, and it's the best option.
>>
File: IMG_2385.jpg (92KB, 640x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2385.jpg
92KB, 640x302px
Morats are only good for boring monkeysex anyway. Unidrons and their brethren are where it's at. Just imagine the softly pulsing, exposed flesh of the unidrons contrasting their cold, smooth armor plates as it dispassionately, mechanically fucks you alongside several other drones. Or a huge Overdron pressing you down with only one claw, tearing away your inadequately-armored suit with precise, economic moves before having its way with you according to its bio-programming.

I'd also accept brutally violent BDSM with Umbras or psycho lesbian hatesex with the Sygmaa.

Shavastii need not apply.
>>
Discovering a mine in the trigger range triggers a mine right?

What happens if you try to shoot it in the trigger range? If it would successfully destroy it does the person not get hit, or would the person get hit despite trying to destroy it?
>>
>>50346887
>:3 mouth
What would that even look like? And I don't mean on a heavily stylised anime face, I mean biologically. Not sure a cleft lip really fits morats, I think I'll take my jagged mouth instead desu senpai.

>>50347199
>Shasvastii need not apply
>being this much of a pussy
If you aren't willing to fuck an androgynous frog monster with a weird sideways beak, you don't deserve to do anything with Batroids.
>>
>>50347207
If you're in range it is supposed to blow before you shoot or discover it; like if someone lays one around a corner next to your unit and you spend an order to try and discover, it blows up regardless of if it is discovered or not.
>>
>>50347268
The same as the jagged mouth, but only once.
>>
>>50347410
I'm not sure if I'm visualising it wrong, but that seems pretty stupid. I'd take the spiky lips any day.
>>
>>50347199
>sepsitor plus
>>
>>50347199
>psycho lesbian hatesex
Sign me up.
>>
>>50343253
Start with this. I like the air even if you don't use an airbrush because you don't need to water it down as much

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Colors-Acrylic-Airbrush-Vallejo/dp/B00MZ9VERW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479829604&sr=8-2&keywords=vallejo+air+set
>>
Theme-wise, tohaa has to be the best designed faction. The themes, unit functions and distinctions are clear as day and it's easy to grasp what is it they do. The tohaa, in particular, do a great job of communicating how they operate differently from other factions through their unique rules that are more than just "here's a bonus to X roll!" or "Here's even more of the same type of unit that does the same thing as the units the rest have!". Even the combined army just feels like the other human armies, which also feel homogeneous to each other.

I really wish they would do shit like what they did for the tohaa for every faction. I'm not completely sure how it would work, tho. I just feel it's silly to say "this faction is unique because it has more camo troops and this one is unique because it has more TAGs"
>>
File: Petaca.jpg (159KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Petaca.jpg
159KB, 1000x666px
>Memory Cubes are called "Hip Flasks" in the Spanish version
I guess, if you're drunk enough you won't notice you're supposed to be dead.
>>
>>50348850
Tohaa also is the newest faction by far while the all the other factions are supporting sectorials (Ariadna, Pan O, Combine have 3 each).
>>
>>50349670
I thought "petacas" meant butts
>>
>>50348850
More like Tohaa has a whole bunch of special rules. It's easy to develop a distinct theme when you have mechanics uniquely designed for the faction, like the unlimited fireteams in vanilla, pheroware, symbiont armor with all its gimmicks and all the rest. Most other factions don't have the luxury of being so over-designed. Also they were the last faction added so CB had to make it somewhat mechanically appealing for new players.

>I really wish they would do shit like what they did for the tohaa for every faction.
Disagree. I think the factions could benefit from some minor flavorful enhancements but certainly not on the tohaa level. Balance-wise it's better if the factions remain loosely tied by a common blueprint, the last thing you want is to jeopardise the game balance by introducing a slew of special snowflake rules for each faction (look at 40k for a case study on the subject, where every army has basically it's own rulebook and the inter-faction balance is considered a joke).

Also imo Tohaa would benefit from a bit more coherent visual style, the units design (especially on armors) are all over the place - think Kaeltar, Kerail, Clipsos...robes, armor plaques, straps, helmets. It's a mess.
>>
>>50349785
Unlimited fireteams is just fireteams you can have more of, pheroware is hacking, symbiont armor is just transmutation. What sets them apart is that they are implemented differently. Differently enough that it changes how the units are fielded and operate.

Morats also get this, with the morat skill strongly changing how they fight and what units they can engage without creating a true subsystem. Too bad the profiles they are attached to tend to be subpar for the total cost. By contrast, Shevashevastits don't really get that much flavor from their Shasvastii skill, which essentially does nothing.

The visual differences between the tohaa are no more pronounced than the units within the various Factions that belong to different Sectorials. Like, if you look at a kaeltar and a kerail and then a domaru and a wu ming.
>>
>>50350022
>Differently enough that it changes how the units are fielded and operate.
That's exactly the whole point, they have special snowflake rules (and were created last by more experienced designers), of course they feel different.
Btw you downplay those elements as nothing when in fact they're very different from the norm and play a major role in defining the faction's theme. Yes triads are just fireteams, but tohaa can make 300 pts of only linked units, in vanilla. Symbiont armor can be similar to transmutation (it's not), except all the special fringe clauses with paramedics and fire ammos and symbiomates and bombs, and also that >50% of the army can have one. Pheroware is not just hacking, it's a whole different subsystem. Of course they feel different from all the other human factions.

Also, the supposed homogeneity among human factions is only skin deep. Yeah vanilla YJ may be similar to vanilla PanO, but if you venture into the sectorials you'll find out the differences are more than just "bonus to X rolls" or more of certain units. Steel Phalanx, Military Orders, QK, Morats, camospam Ariadna just to name a few have wildly different playstyles, and that's because they often have sligthly modified special rules; but there's no need for convoluted tohaa-level special rules to foster a sectorial's identity and cohesive style.

As for Shas I agree that at this time they're botched and uninspiring but we'll compare after their rework.

Cont.
>>
File: 1459184048982.jpg (237KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1459184048982.jpg
237KB, 752x1063px
While I applaud CB for their dedication to writing faction fluff that is morally grey I ran into a problem.

I was trying to come up with a Pros and Cons list for each of the factions from the standpoint of "What if you were a normal citizen of this faction" and I realized I couldn't come up with anything positive to say about Yu Jing.

CB are normally pretty good about keeping things morally grey but Yu Jing are just so cartoonishly evil.
>>
>>50351177
Tell me about life as a yu ying citizen. Other than criminals and japanese getting fucked, i haven't read much about civilian life there.
>>
>>50351174
>>50350022

Now on the matter of tohaa's visual design.

>The visual differences between the tohaa are no more pronounced than the units within the various Factions that belong to different Sectorials.
But since the tohaa has no concept of sectorial (for now) I expected them to be a bit more homogenous, like for example in PanO where you can guess from a glimpse that an ORC and an Swiss, or Akal or Crocman come from the same faction and share a common visual language. The armor share a cohesive style and color.

Tohaa's visual clutter becomes a concern, albeit minor, when it comes to design a color scheme for the army. Let's say I start a faction and want a limited palette to form a unified look, so I define the color fields: the armor plaques get a color, the fabrics another, then NMM metals, accents of another secondary color or 2, the weapons. Following this I already defined >90% of my army, with some minor exception.

With tohaa it's not as easy. They are over-designed, full elements like straps and different armor pieces. Someone has a hood, someone a robe, or a jacket, or pants, different armor pieces, different styles of helmets, everything with peculiar forms and patterns. Defining color fields for a unified scheme is a mess. Just look at the colors used on the official models, they're all over the place and look cluttered. At least they're coherent here, tohaa are overdesigned both in looks and rules.

Idk maybe it's just me but it doesn't look elegant or well thought at all.
>>
>>50351177
Yu Jing are basically "PanO, but less freedom", which honestly isn't that bad. You still get to live a fairly comfy, secure life with all the modern benefits, unlike the knuckledraggers on Dawn or the degenerates in space-Sodom and space-Gohmorrah.
>>
>>50351177
Did you manage to pull anything from the RPG chapter? That's CB-approved, so it's almost as good as proper CB lore.
>>
>>50351355
From the RPG chapter. Yu Jing's population are literally taught to believe that it is the Manifest Destiny of the State Empire to overthrow PanOceania. After all, the 21st century was supposed to be the Chinese century but then PanO changed the rules and stole it from them. No wonder they hate PanO so much.

As for being a citizen. It's probably similar to being a citizen of China today. You get a Cube for free (unless you're Japanese), the government is obligated to provide jobs for everyone so if you don't rock the boat, you can do pretty well for yourself.

On the negative side, Yu Jing cities tend to be dirty, overcrowded and have a decidedly Blade Runner-esque appearance. Also, people who rock the boat don't live very long.

The Imperial Judicial Service are basically like the Judges from Judge Dredd except they also know Kung Fu. God help you if you do something to bring them down on your head.

Also you have to do to end up a Kuang Shi is tell an unkind joke about the Party or the Emperor and have the wrong person overhear you.
>>
>>50351177
I like how one person on the forums put it while comparing to PanO:

It get's difficult to explain what is good in Yu Jing style authoritarianism to people who are predominately Western cluture.
But let's try. Let's make it polar opposite to PanO:

- in PanO, there's freedom to. You are free to be poor enough to be a victim of a traffic accident (because you weren't able to pay a comlog subscription to keep showing you the traffic signs. In TAGs of Avalon, we have a character who had to be very careful biking around the city, because she didn't see traffic lights, being an Atek - too poor to afford comlog subscription that would show her these!). If you're starving, or freezing, or ill - you are free to be so. The state has no hand and no interest in that. It is not the state's role to care for you if for any reason bad luck has befallen on you and your family (even if you had no fault in it... or no chance of having any influence on it). You are your own responsibility.

- In Yu Jing, there's freedom from. You are free from being starving, freezing or being left unattended in illness. Emperor's duty is to care for his subjects (Confucianism is very patriarchal in nature - and the Emperor is the top patriarch of the nation). It is not "communism" in the meaning that everyone gets an equal share, but the state makes sure nobody is extremely poor and unattended. That everyone has at least a living space that is considered fit for a human being, enough food of appropriate nourising value, and medical care. And there's Imperial justice for everyone. It is often harsh - the punishments are severe - but it is quick, and after all, punishments are for criminals. They are to be harsh if they are to make the criminals stop comitting criminal acts. Because it is the state's role to care for its denizens.
>>
>>50351308
If you are Asian, you probably like YJ, because Asians are generally pretty racist in my experience and would prefer the homogeneity.
>>
>That moment where everyone figured out that USARF was shit, stopped buying for it and Corvus decided to abandon the sectorial
No blackjack, ever.
>>
>>50352022
How are they shit? Genuinely curious, have never played as or against them.
Btw if you want the HMG blackjack just get the azra'il or al fasid. There, done.
>>
>>50351608
I'm stealing these for YJ propaganda.
>>
>>50352150
>Using Arab tech in USA
Are you some kind of terrorist?

They are only good for one thing (grunt infiltration spam, their non-grunt units are substandard at best with the exception of reign of fire guy, which you can use in vanilla anyway) anything else, the rest of ariadna does better. Fuck, just wait until they release the kazak sectorial, which will just be USARF, but better.
>>
File: cor280620[1].jpg (90KB, 1000x577px) Image search: [Google]
cor280620[1].jpg
90KB, 1000x577px
>>50346941
I liked the beaked/horned morats a lot. Same with the old hungries, even if the minis were a bit goofy.
Maybe I'm just a nostalgiafag.

>>50351608
So, socialism.
>>
>>50352565
Old infinity designs have a lot more character than modern ones, tho modern minis are a lot better quality wise.
>>
>>50351608
THIS.
in both societies if you're doing well for yourself you're living a pretty similar life until you do criminal acts in which case there's a lot less opportunity to hire a team of lawyers and get away scott free.

but for those living at the lower ends of society Yu Jing provides for its people so long as they obey the emperors laws.
>>
>>50348850
>>50349785
>>50350022
>>50351174
>>50351280
I personally wish that the CA had a bit more of the tohaa special snowflake treatment.
In my oppinion having all the human races be variations on a theme works fine when you have two alien forces as well, because humans, as a rule, think along similar paths, and in the human sphere they're all sharing/stealing developments and responding to each other, they've been doing this for a long time, which to me would lead to a very similar capability set with some having advantages in certain fields (I'm just ignoring Ariadna in this btw, they're the same though as they have the same 2000 years of human development behind them as the other factions)

The tohaa however are entirely alien, they've developed seperately to humanity overcoming their own trials and finding their own solutions to problems they face, this is evidenced by their reliance on biotech rather than quantronics and machinery. Their use of 3 man fireteams as the basis of the tactical unit comes from a different way of thinking to humans and all these things are manifested in their special rules.

The CA on the other hand... well they're very similar to humanity just some of them have plasma rifles and the occasional special rule which doesn't really have huge gameplay effects. despite the fact that everything I said about the tohaas difference from humanity should apply to the CA as a whole too. they should, internally between their sub-races, have the same technological ecosphere as the human factions do given that the EI would have had the same effect as the humans internal conflicts and arms races, it would have taken any technologies independantly developed by its member nations and shared them out where apropriate.

TL;DR Tohaa are suitably alien, CA are not, human factions are fine.
>>
So I got me a Kameel from ChoKonnit after loving the model for like 3 years but always having other shit to buy.

The TR Rifle + Light Shotgun profile looks like a nice piece for marching up field with coordinated orders and leaving as a pain in the arse to deal with. Does anyone have any experience and/or tips on using the generic Total Reaction rifle REMs?
>>
How come CB balances "broken" units by completely removing them from the game instead of rebalancing the numbers?
>>
>>50353032
>entirely alien,

Star Trek dudes wearing prosthetic headgear?
>>
>>50353117
What, the exrah? That was a design decision, and you can just use the exrah models as Sygmaa.
>>
>>50353245
And the panoceania tag and the chinese jumper and whatever the other guy was. They have all been quoted as balance decisions. Which is retarded, since they could've just changed the profiles. And considering how different the designs on some resculpts are, a "design choice" is not valid either
>>
>>50352290
I mean I stole it from the forums so be my guest.
>>
>>50353337
Toni was removed before Tikbilangs had a model and she basically obsoleted the base profile. Most of her capabilities besides LT we rolled into the base profile. So removed before release but mechanically compensated for.

Ko Dali got sepsitorized and now works for Combine. Removed for story reasons.

Invincibles got phased into other profiles.
>>
>>50352480
But Haqq is literally the successor of NASA. Are you not patriotic enough to use NASA equipment, gommy?
>>
>>50354015
Yes, and? The profiles could have been changed instead and advancing the story shouldn't discontinue historical gaming in a miniatures game (we're playing pre-this-event next week!). Fuck, imagine if bolt action suddenly said "we moving the time scale now. No more germans" the fuck? Hell, with how the story is going in infinity, better not buy anything but combine, ALEPH, tohaa and panoceania, since everyone else is pretty much guaranteed BTFO.
>>
>>50354134
>Siding with traitors
9/11
Never 4get.
>>
>>50354211
>siding with rednecks
I take halal waifus and superior medtech over dog hybrids with my America, thank you.
>>
>>50354179
How are you this butt blasted? Did ypu bought every discontinued mini before cancellation? I take reflection of story advancements on figure line as a refreshing change to, say, Warmahordes, where you can mix and match units and characters from different time periods.

It's not like you lose the models, which oretty much always have a legitimate proxy choices as some profiles of the unit the character is part of.

Besides, people as CB aren't stupid enough to change (popular) units too drastically. Interruptor has said, tjat even if they planned to kill larhe parts of PanO as part of the story, people wouldn't be too happy if they removed fusiliers from the game, and so they have to can me up with something else.
>>
File: Bostria explains important stuff.jpg (249KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Bostria explains important stuff.jpg
249KB, 1000x562px
>>50354211
I know many players are distressed about the conclusion to our new event "break of dawn", but they have to understand that Ariadna could not possibly fight the might of the combined army with their lo-tech. It is.. Lo-tech. And they could not shoot 911 Combined Army starships with their Urugans, they are lo-tech. And then there was the whole thing with cammo spam being broken. I mean, a player could bring a mentos dispenser full of cammo tokens and just pop them all over the map without a single soldier in sight. We had to make sure they could not, how you say, dominate the game. So, we did the only right thing, because they are lo-tech. But, don't worry, Van Zant will now be a part of Haqqislam, so you can still use him!
>>
>>50354365
>Interruptor has said, tjat even if they planned to kill larhe parts of PanO as part of the story, people wouldn't be too happy if they removed fusiliers from the game, and so they have to can me up with something else.
>Anon has a stroke live on stage
>>
>>50354365
Considering that the story is currently "The combined might of the human sphere is not enough to fight 0.0000001% of the EI's forces" I have the right to be preemptively mad to the incoming bullshit changes that will happen. Especially because we aren't going to have an official historical mode you can choose time periods from.
>>
>>50354440
Dyac and lack of proofreading. Good night.
>>
>>50354386
Weren't Ariadna and Haqq supposed to take central part pf the plot, as they lack cubes and aren't vulnerable to sepsitors?
>>
>>50354772
Obviously the reason why they were taken out by 911 starships.
>>
>>50354834
Damn CA and its fiendish keikakus
>>
Any large groups in the Toronto area that play this. I want to get into tabletop wargames but I don't want to go warhammer.
>>
>>50354857
>Some corredigor nomads are engaging the EI
>suddenly, the aliens reveal their trump card
>>
>>50353117
Exrah were unpopular, inconsistent in design, and expensive to produce. Balance was only one part of it, CB just wasn't happy with the bugs in general.

Generic Invincibles weren't broken at all. They sucked, like most HI in N2. Shang Ji and Zuyong are an improvement in every way.

Toni would be difficult to make unique without rendering Tikbalangs obsolete again.

Ko Dali got switched to another faction for fluff reasons. She's a character, you can still play the Tiger Soldiers she's based on. Same goes for Toni with Tiks.
>>
>>50354541
Consider that the only units that have been totaly removed have been either special characters or a race that has been removed due to issues creating models with their current design and have been stated that they will return at a later date in a new form.

Following that toni had legitimate reasons to be superflous in the current game so her going isn't really a big deal, unfortunately I don't know where ko-dali sat in regards to similar units but everythings been re-balanced twice since she got sepistorised so I doubt she's left a huge gap.

the point I'm trying to make is that the removals have not impacted end point gameplay much and the only time it's been a core unit has been due to other concerns. I doubt we're going to see them removing unit types wholesale without serious reasons.
>>
How do I go about painting metal miniatures. Same techniques as in plastic? Any thing i should watch for?
>>
>>50355262
standard advice is to give the metal a wash in warm soapy water before you prime it to remove the mould release, other than that, use good primer.
>>
>>50354015
Ko Dali also got removed for balance reasons.
Tactical Jump is brutal as all hell, especially with a BS14 Tiger Soldier.

If you remove Tac Jump, she's pretty much just a Tiger Soldier. Redundant.
>>
>>50354386
>about the conclusion to our new event "break of dawn",
Wut?
>>
>>50356095
Dawn literally breaks under the onslaught of The EI's offensive. 911 ships made it for the attack, and Ariadna tried to stop them all on their own, but they couldn't. Ariadna is going to be dissolved as a faction, but many of the characters will be available in haqqislam and nomads, with a few popular units becoming bounty hunters.
>>
>>50356384

But then... what was the point in making them as a faction?
>>
>>50356415
Having them until now. The setting is now moving forward to a new age without Dawn or Ariadna. They trully got nine elevened.
>>
>>50356454

But then why bother collecting a faction if they can get 9/11-ed? Like, why get invested?
>>
>>50356454
never forget muh six wolftillion
>>
>>50356384
Then what was the point to making USAriadna?
>>
>>50355166
>I doubt we're going to see them removing unit types wholesale without serious reasons.
Reminder that the Combi Yaogat is obsolete (the profile doesn't exist anymore, it got changed into the hacker) and it's still sold in the the box because it was changed on a whim and now you get a useless model which accounts for 25% of the box.

The Combi+Panzerfaust has its own unique model.

BRAVA CB
>>
>>50356958
The combi+grenades profile was replaced with the hacker. The model doesn't look much like a hacker, but that's what it's intended to be used for now.

And the combi+grenades loadout was fucking useless anyway. The shotgun is far better for filler, and the panzerfaust gives you much more utility if you really want a combi rifle for some reason.
>>
>>50357109
So make the loadout useful (like give him smoke grenades) instead of turning it into a completely different model they'll release a blister for anyway.

>Being a CB apologist
faggot
>>
>>50357138
They did make it useful. They made it a hacker. Would've preferred something cheaper like a paramedic or FO since Yaogats have no BTS and mediocre WIP, but any specialist option in a link is good.

>suggesting smoke grenades on a linkable MSV2 unit
Oh, that explains it. You're just retarded.
>>
>>50357231
>the point I'm trying to make is that the removals have not impacted end point gameplay much and the only time it's been a core unit has been due to other concerns. I doubt we're going to see them removing unit types wholesale without serious reasons.
Actually
>Reminder that the Combi Yaogat is obsolete (the profile doesn't exist anymore, it got changed into the hacker) and it's still sold in the the box
The point is you're a faggot.
>>
>finally chose to jump into wargames
>tried 40k during 5th ed
>It's shit
>switched to WHFB
>It's got nuked
>Switch to Infinity
>It's turning into into shit and probably will die
May be, I just shouldn't went into wargames, sorry guys, I doesn't want to ruin it.
>>
>>50357265
Infinity also has a lot of unironically gay furries, so that's another reason to steer clear.
>>
>>50357290
If this wasn't 4chan, I might choose to remind you that there are girl gamers on the interwebs.
>>
>>50357331
I'd casually remind you that grills make up maybe 5% of the wargaming scene and the people asking for
>MORE CATBOY PICTURES EXDEE
Are definitely not female.
>>
File: 1462941839899.jpg (61KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1462941839899.jpg
61KB, 500x364px
>>50357262
>the point I'm trying to make is that the removals have not impacted end point gameplay much and the only time it's been a core unit has been due to other concerns. I doubt we're going to see them removing unit types wholesale without serious reasons.
I'm not the one who made that statement, but I do agree with it for the most part.

The combi Yaogat is not a unit type. It's a single profile, and a shit profile at that. It was then replaced by a more useful profile that uses much of the same equipment and was intended to use the same model.

Faggot.

>>50357331
Still just as degenerate though.
>>
>>50357399
>anime reaction image
I like how people post such an obvious warning to not read what they type.
>>
File: 1379661494902.png (724KB, 5000x2808px) Image search: [Google]
1379661494902.png
724KB, 5000x2808px
>>50357412
Maybe you should start using them then. It would make things a lot easier for everybody.
>>
>>50357290
Well I guess, I will just return to vidya.
>>
>>50357667
Just don't walk in on them without warning. No telling what you might need the eye bleach for afterwards.
>>
>>50357705
What?
>>
>>50357737
Bakunin gay furries are absolute degeneracy. That anon was having some fun.
>>
File: kuang shi.jpg (145KB, 1000x471px) Image search: [Google]
kuang shi.jpg
145KB, 1000x471px
>>50351251
>>50351177
Life as a law-abiding citizen in YJ is actually pretty damned good, all things considered. Between the snippets from HS and the rpg bits, the average citizen in YJ is doing about as well as an average Spanish citizen in the real world today; that is, he or she works for a living...for about 20 hours a week. Remember, the vast majority of humanity does not do manual labor in this setting.

Now, in both Pan-O and YJ, being even slightly above average economically means not having to work and being able to spend all day on future-internet, which is nice. YJ, unlike Pan-O, provides a basic (meager) wage, shelter, and foodstuffs for even the poorest and most disabled of its citizens. Conversely, having ambitions or intentions outside of your 'place' in society as dictated by your abilities results in a visit from Asian Judge Dredd. That's why there's all that bureaucracy swapping in HS.

Now, granted, you might not like living like this, but that reflects on how good you have it. Would someone less well off give up some of their freedoms for the assurance of security, steady wages, and good dental insurance? Hell yeah they would.

Also, CG gals wear underwear to work.
>>
>>50356384
>Ariadna is going to be dissolved as a faction, but many of the characters will be available in haqqislam and nomads, with a few popular units becoming bounty hunters.
What the fuck?! They model-line isn't old mostly, they will just stop producing them? Looks like their business going bad and they trying to reduce costs.
>>
>>50358098
That's not real, and if it was 50% of the players would quit the game seeing as how Ariadna is one of the most popular factions.
>>
>>50358115
>That's not real
Excuse me..?
>>
>>50358139
>Dawn literally breaks under the onslaught of The EI's offensive. 911 ships made it for the attack,
If you think this isn't trolling I have a bridge to sell you.
>>
>>50358115
Don't worry the are only getting rid of USAriadna, the parts of Ariadna that people actually like will stay.
>>
>>50354386
Bostria was a lot more handsome in person at gencon, despite the corvus belli booth being boring as fuck besides the custom boards that were insanely good.
>>
>>50358139
Did you know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?
>>
File: 28_2.jpg (56KB, 600x186px) Image search: [Google]
28_2.jpg
56KB, 600x186px
>>50358152
>I have a bridge to sell you.
Something like this?
>>
>>50358246
Looks good.

>>50358181
If that were true they would remove bakunin since that starter sellls like moldy assholes.
>>
>>50358359
>sellls like moldy assholes
The thriving hot dog market and politics as usual aside, who buys assholes, moldy or otherwise?
>>
>>50358757
Asshole collectors, obviously.
>>
>>50358152
To be fair, my Bostria was pretty spot on, and it is the kind of retarded thing some would expect from deranged CB.
>>
>>50353245
I wonder if the Exrah will show up in the RPG.
>>
>>50359112
They still exist in the setting, just a different company of them. So will probably see them.

Previous ones were wiped out after skimming shipments sent by the EI.
>>
>>50359112
Probably when the CA book arrives. The redesign will likely be done by then anyway.
>>
>>50334112
Why does the middle model look like it's two robots fucking?
>>
>>50359255
Ask your therapist
>>
>>50359255
Because all CB models have to be lewd by mandate from the boss.
>>
>>50358359
>If that were true they would remove bakunin since that starter sellls like moldy assholes.
Hmmmm... it's almost like a new Bakunin starter is coming out next month...
>>
>>50359958
Yep, and they have said priority for resculpts is currently based on sales. So, it's pretty much confirmed that nobody wants to play degenerates.

Meanwhile military orders and japanese sectorial are not getting a resculpt due to excellent sales and then, oddly enough, when talking about the caledonia resculpts, they specified that it was because they look ugly on promotional material they wanted to take pictures for. Nevetmind that caledonia looks a lot better than MO or JSA.
>>
>>50358757
Exactly.
>>
>>50360398
>MO starter selling
That's weird, as this is one starter you don't need to play the faction at all.
>>
>>50360466
Many of the starting GW burnouts want knights in space and starter is a logical first buy.
>>
>>50360466
People starting tend to gravitate towards products labeled as starter.
>>
>>50360466
Well, you used to need the Magister from it to round out our magister link, but since CB in their infinite wisdom decided to axe that lovely unit, you don't even need it for that anymore.
Yes, I will never stop bitching about that.
>>
>>50360644
>boo hoo my underpriced cheese link is slightly less underpriced and gets greater versatility to compensate
Oh, woe is you.
>>
>>50360644
I don't understand. I'm too new to understand.
>>
>>50360466
How else are you gonna get the mandatory TO infiltrator spec sergeants?
>>
>>50360655
I play Montesa and I don't even give a shit about the price, I just don't want any Hospitaller or Santiago scum stinking up my list. At least give me the option to include knights from any order if I MUST include a non-magister knight.
Hell, allow Teutons in the Magister-link. That'd give them an actual job.
>>
>>50360669
Magister-Knights used to be able to form a core link by themselves. Now you must include a Knight-Hospitaller or a Santiago Knight. in the link. On a mechanical level it's probably an improvement, since it allows for a Spitfire or HMG in the link, but for some it breaks the fluff.
Yu Jing's Haramaki are in a similar situation, I think.
>>
>>50360796
>MO
>doing shit for Montesa or Sepulchre knights
Play ASA instead, it has better support for your dudes. The Space Vatican doesn't like your kind.
>>
>>50360669
Don't worry, he's just full of shit. Typical PanO whining.

t. loyal Yu Jing citizen
>>
>>50360833
Not quite. Haramaki are one of the best linkable HIs, second in my opinion only to Riot Grrls.

They get the uniquely undercosted 1SWC Missile Launchers, so they can field 2 to form a truly unassailable firebase, as well as weapons capable in ARO. Ther basic versions even carry Blitzen, which makes them capable of long range ARO or direct attack against hard targets.
>>
>>50360913
1.5 SWC missile launchers, actually. 1 SWC would be truly insane. They're still very good though with very cheap BS13 and 2 wounds.
>>
>>50360833
Its actually great for JSA, Haramaki now get access to a high B weapon in a link, and I can hide obvious domaru lt in the link.
>>
>>50360892
After a two months of demo games and studying the various factions, I'm of the mind that PanO is straight up the best faction. Possessing enough variety to field various types of lists and take advanatge of the strongest skills and their counters while also possessing absurdly high amounts of the most important attribute in the game.

I'm seriously considering cancelling my order for Ariadna stuff ("It's strong, i swear guys!" - Camo spamming scum who doesn't even use 90% of the faction's units.) and just going for PanO for that sweet flexibility as much as I don't care for their wannabe 40k aesthetic.
>>
>>50360938
This. Now the Haramaki monolith shifted to ML + Dom spit + Dom chain + 2 contender/DAs
>>
>>50361022
I actually prefer
2 ML, 2 Chainrifle, e/m sword domaru, contender or shotgun

Use the MLs as roadbumps to eat orders, then run the remainder up after they fall. I just never plan on activating them until the MLs die, so I can spread them the full 17'' apart fo watch as much of the table as they can.

I've tried the domaru spit before, but having the shellgame lt is nice, and the link turns into a 5swc investment.
>>
>>50361007
>Best Faction
>No msv smoke
>Worst specialists

PanO isn't very flexible at all. Their only way to deal with things is to straight shoot them, you don't get fun tricks.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>50361081
>>50361007
Forgot Pic
>>
>>50361007
PanO is easy to play at a beginner level, because it's literally just point and shoot: the faction. When other factions start getting better with their tricks is when it becomes harder to keep up.

>>50361022
There's some decent variation in Domaki links. My most common one is the 2ML+Lt+2contenders, though I've had luck with the ML+Lt+2chains+contender and 4ML+Lt before. The quad missile launcher one was great fun and surprisingly effective, even if it took all my SWC. Never underestimate the power of Shikami and Lu Duan as SWC-free attack pieces.
>>
>>50361007
>I'm of the mind that PanO is straight up the best faction.
What drugs are you on, anon?
>>
>>50361081
Most "tricks" fail in front of a well prepared PanO army, which is why they don't need them. They can albedo-msv in response to msv-smoke, for example. They eliminate the special skill that makes your trooper more than an arm 1, bs 11 shitter and just kill it with their superior stats.

There doesn't feel like there is much of a reason to run anything else other than to fuck around ineffectually or because the faction is PanO II (But not really, we totally have different things!).
>>
How old are the kesotsu in the JSA starter? They look worse than the oldest models in the current Yu Jing line.
>>
>>50361146
>allowing multirifle black friars in range of your MSV dudes on the first turn
>not covering your MSV dudes if the opponent is likely to bring counters
That's not PanO's fault. That's all down to incompetence.
>>
File: FusilierGirl.png (7MB, 2446x3224px) Image search: [Google]
FusilierGirl.png
7MB, 2446x3224px
>>50361123
The drug called HYPERPOWER
Minor factions need not apply!
>>
>>50361007
>and just going for PanO for that sweet flexibility
The problem is that PanO is not flexible at all. There's not a single PanO warband unit, Heavy Infantry is very specialized and their infiltrators are lacking.
PanO is easy to play, but it's also predictable and other faction players can easily circumvent a badly positioned heavy hitter (like when a Maverick with LRL destroyed my troops while the Tikbalang was on the other side of the table). Not to mention their stuff tends to be expensive and Docs/Engies are pretty bad.
>>
>>50361146
Wait, hang on. I take back my previous post. You're not even saying you'll use them offensively. You're saying that somehow leaving your multirifle black friar out in the open where it can shoot back against MSV+smoke is a good idea. As if the non-PanO player is so terminally retarded that they can't possibly use a normal unit with no MSV against it in the friar's -3 range bands.
>>
>>50361263
They have the important part of a warband, discounted units because they have a "disadvantage".

Specialization is good, you don't want to play for random shit you won't use.

PanO can easily circumvent a badly positioned heavy hitter as well, this is not a trait unique to other factions.

It's negligibly more expensive. You can make a list with 10-15 orders easily, and your units will be better pound for pound than the other guy, unless he's running the other PanO.

Specialists having low willpower is neglible when you have the tools to effectively protect them. In the end, it's something like 10% less likely to get the roll. A specialist that is 90% as good as another specialist is just as good 90% of the time.
>>
>>50361323
>They have the important part of a warband, discounted units because they have a "disadvantage".
There are several important parts to a warband. The first is price, as you stated. PanO does not have this. They don't get any 5 point units, and they certainly don't get 5 point regular orders like YJ.
The second part of a warband is smoke. PanO has absolutely none of this, and while they have one troop with eclipse, it's an unreliable BS10 bitch that's attached to an expensive HI.
The third part is trading and board control. PanO doesn't get any cheap direct template dickheads, so no luck there either.

I'd argue that much of the PanO HI isn't specialized, I'm not sure what the other anon was talking about. Knights are at that sweet spot where their CC isn't actually worth using, but it still costs extra. Half of them are also frenzied, which makes them significantly less effective after scoring their first hit.

>PanO can easily circumvent a badly positioned heavy hitter as well
Not as easily as all those smoke-using factions. The ones with access to white noise or good eclipse platforms do it even better.

>your units will be better pound for pound than the other guy
That's completely untrue. Most of your dudes are a little better at shooting than the opponent's at the cost of helpful abilities and sometimes versatility.

PanO is easier to learn, that's all. I won't say they're easier to play because really, once other factions start to know what they're doing PanO needs to actually set up its sledgehammer so it isn't destroyed by tricks and gimmicks.
>>
What should I be looking at if I want cheap terrain a step up from the cardboard stuff by CB? The pastebin is not very useful, I can visit the listed stores and look around, but I don't know what I'm looking for.
>>
>>50361514
>What should I be looking at
Getting access to a cheap lasercutter, there's a ton of free patterns. Doubly cheap if you forgo the engravings and stencil them/model them on instead.
>>
Hey guys, if he wants to believe pan o are flexible, let him.
It will just make it easier for his opponents to walk all over him.
>>
>>50361871
>Everyone locally is PanO
>>
>>50361879
Sounds like a shit scene.
>>
>>50361915
Yeah, how can you impress people with your dominance when there are no inferiors around?
This is why Yu Jing exists.
>>
>>50361915
The warcor used to play nomads.

He pays thirty points for an engineer or a sniper and it gets soundly beaten by fucking anything due to being so much weaker in face to face rolls. He switched from his specialist and hacker spam list to a specialist and brigada link list that got wrecked by a single cutter unloading into it on the first turn. Now, he's also playing PanO.

If both players know how to play, high stats > "tricks" as the opponent can play smartly around the skill or equipment and then it comes down to face to face rolls, where stats are everything.
>>
File: 1479211489410.png (316KB, 843x843px) Image search: [Google]
1479211489410.png
316KB, 843x843px
>>50361924
Anything more than a handful is a waste
>>
>>50361924
They're playing Pan O, that's already explain their inferiority.

>B-but we wuz kang.....

Nah, it's just you being kucked too much.

The real superior faction is _CA_, obviously.
>>
>>50361977
If he knew how to play, he'd whack that Cutter to pieces using Jaguars or hack it with repeater network.
What's that, Cutter is invisible? Yeah, it can't see through smoke either. Guess who can: every MSV2 troop. And everyone but PanO has them with access to smoke.
PanO is strong, but BS isn't everything. I should know, I play PanO.
>>
>>50361977
Do you people just not put terrain on the board?
>>
>>50361977
Maybe he should have gotten good. Cutters =/= all of PanO, they're a crazy powerful unit and one of the few that has specific counters that must be utilized if you want to kill it. Hacking is one of those counters and HI links are not, so he done fucked up bringing a Brigada link that game. Should've invested more in hackers, flamethrowers and warbands. Maybe Rudy too, though the HMG isn't all that reliable against heavy armour.

And terrain. If a Cutter can easily ride up to his link and shoot it dead first turn, then he either fucked up his deployment to a degree where I'd worry about his safety near busy roads irl, or you don't have enough terrain.
>>
>>50361977
>If both players know how to play, high stats > "tricks" as the opponent can play smartly around the skill or equipment and then it comes down to face to face rolls, where stats are everything.

Ha, wrong.
Say that to my NCA friend after being kicked the shit out by both "inferior" ISS and my "savage" Haqqs.

When FtF everything comes down on your dice, Stats a shit when the dice aren't on your favor.

And if you let your opponent come around you, then you an idiot that deserve to die anyway.

>Cutter
>Not using a sensor Grenzer and sneak a surprise ML from the side
>Not using Intruder shenanigan
>Not using coordinated multi-ML pain train with a bandit bait
>Not using sensor-sniffer "no pussies" blob and hid a kinky interventor around the corner.

Your warcor a shit and don't deserve a single place in any of our ships.
>>
>>50362004
The first 10 or so inches of the deployment zone tends to be barren. So, many units just end up cowering behind a single building in a pile or standing in the open during the first turn. Nobody listens to me when I tell them this is fucking shit, as I'm the newest faggot there and everyone has been playing since Icestorm.

I find talking to the warcor exasperating, as he will hold the opposing view to everything I say and otherwise just puff up his chest if I talk. Hell, last week, he was insisting that the point of origin for an impact template is the shooter, when I had just read it's the target just a few hours before. Overall, the atmosphere is munchkini (Like, when my opponent was refusing to tell me if my unit would end up in LoF and the warcore insisted that he only had to tell me once i finished the move or the warcore tricked me into using my final order to use possession and then told my opponent he could get rid of it immediately with a token) and just gross.

I'm just fucking mad and impotently shitposting about PanO to vent. I have half a mind to just tell the store guy to cancel my order and just go back to playing RPGs only.
>>
>>50362120
Ah. So it's a shit meta. It seems like that's usually the case when things heavily favour one faction over all others.
>>
>>50362120
Yeah your meta a shit

>10 inches barrent
>munchkin

And reek of warhammer fags

I suggest that rather than waiting for RPG and munchkinned even harder, you better burn that place with the fury of 10,000 Naffatun and move on to another meta or make your own.
>>
>>50362175
The group I play RPGs with is entirely different from the wargame fags.
>>
>>50362169
Yeah, its fascinating that one meta can create such /v/ tier hivemind like that, i'll suspect that it maybe a massive chaksa's nest.

God, i need my flamethrowers.
>>
>>50362120
Warcors tend to be collectors and collectors are shitty players, desu.
Once, in my very first tournament, I felt enberassed to tell the warcor how he should have played his units, after I kicked his shit in his own tournament. It was an awkward victory.
>>
>>50361977
>brigada link list that got wrecked by a single cutter unloading into it on the first turn

Brigada links are awkward to use because they aren't raw powerhouses. I've found playing them like upgunned light infantry get's them a lot more mileage. Just like the gecko is played as a big HI and not a small TAG.

But yeah. Saying Pan-O wins best because of high stats is like saying green is best in magic because it has the biggest creatures. After you see enough BS14vBS3 trades lose to a crit hit, you'll begin to see that high BS isn't all powerful, just good.

Besides, PAN-o babbies all hit the dirt once you start dinging their precious armor with templates and grenades. No discipline, no morale!
>>
>>50362120
>everyone has been playing since Icestorm
>having the right to call anyone newfag
Also, please tell me you're not in Poland.
>>
>>50362301
I'm not in poland.
>>
>>50362321
But I am, also I see what you did there. What is that shit about ariadna going away. I invested a lot in to vanila and US, are this rumors true or people just shiting on people playing ariadna?
>>
>>50362285
>Besides, PAN-o babbies all hit the dirt once you start dinging their precious armor with templates and grenades. No discipline, no morale!

Only the elites. You don't dick with the Fusiliers, for the love of god, never mock the Fusiliers. They'll go on a savage gun-ho rampage, there's no total cover to save you, no camo is going to be stealthy enough, no firewall too thick. They will find you and they will kill you like the bloodthirsty psychos they are.

Montesa, Aquilas and idk who else really are sissies who will hunker down every time they think they might get a boo-boo.
>>
>>50362436
No, unfortunately US will not be removed any time soon.
>>
>>50362120
Your warcor is a scumbag that needs to eat a bag of dicks and read again the rules. Also from what you describe I would have bet you were from Poland if it was not for the fact that your meta is full PanO instead of the canonical full Nomads / Ariadna.
>>
>>50362436
It's all lies. Well done lies though, it was fun seeing anons led on.

>>50362452
>WIP12
Fusiliers are the only ones with the courage to be real cowards.
>>
>>50362436
It was me, I have been shitposting nonstop since yesterday. I've gotta say, I did not expect so many people to wonder about it, figured it was a fairly obvious joke to go with the Ko Dali/Tony/Exrah stuff we were talking about.

Now, I must use my newfound Bostria posting for good instead of evil.
>>
>>50361195
2007-9 IIRC.
>>
>>50362436
Sadly the faction that should not be in a scifi game will remain, shitting up the setting with their slav powerfantasies.
>>
>>50362487
No. Become the villain we know you can be. Ruin everything for everyone, including yourself.
>>
>>50362452
Hey man. I'm a hard working multirifle Brigada. I've been around, seen some shit. I always respect line troopers. You hear those hellcats laughing. "haha, watch me drop some spitfire rounds on these choads" and next thing you know, all thats left of that dipshit is a cube because he thought line infantry would be easy prey.

Nah, I'm about drinking beer after shooting lots of stun rounds with new friends.

....lots of stun rounds.
>>
>>50362530
To be fair they're pretty easy prey compared to most other things. But sometimes any target can get lucky.

They rarely get lucky twice, though. That's why HI are really the best. Especially glorious Yu Jing HI. Going down to a single rifle shot is for chumps.
>>
File: 1476457654648.jpg (31KB, 273x273px) Image search: [Google]
1476457654648.jpg
31KB, 273x273px
>>50361977
>Nomads player
>having trouble with a fucking Cutter
Did he try hacking it, flaming it, discovering it or hotgluing it? Because goddamn, Nomads are perhaps the faction with the greatest amount of repeaters anywhere, they shit flamers from all places, they've got the goddamn Intruders for TO fuckery and there's more hotglue action happening there than a buyfag thread. Oh yeah, and he can just smoke the thing too.

Sounds like the guy just didn't know what the fuck to do. This isn't 40k where switching your army is the answer to losing. Here you actually have to come up with a strategy to counter the enemy's strategy, and he played the faction with all the tricks in the book against it.
>>
>>50362607
It's funny that I've always been about stompy shit. Heavy infantry and tags are right up my alley.

NATURALLY I STARTED NOMADS SO SMART AND HANDSOME I AM.

I wish I had looked at Yu Jing a little harder, or that red veil came out before icestorm. It would have been no question. Invincibles and Hsien are so pretty, so pretty...
>>
>>50358016
Except PanO also provides the Demogrant.
>Heir to the best welfare and democratic traditions of the West.
That's the line for PanO. They might by hyper capitalistic, but 'welfare traditions' doesn't give much room for doubt as to the nature of them. A UBI is assumed, and everything else besides.
>>
File: kjfo3xQ.jpg (38KB, 748x511px) Image search: [Google]
kjfo3xQ.jpg
38KB, 748x511px
>>50362634
Yu Jing's transformer makes my penis super extra hard.
>>
>>50362667
Where do Ateks come from then, and what are the best welfare traditions? European social-democratic state, or Anglosaxon every man for himself?
>>
File: OhioRear.jpg (107KB, 282x400px) Image search: [Google]
OhioRear.jpg
107KB, 282x400px
>No paramedic profile
>>
I'm new to wargames and tabletops, but I lime the designs of the units, how do I get on this game, and where can I buy the minis? (when I went to their page I couldn't find it)
>>
>>50362667
Ateks get fucked real hard in PanO, and you don't exactly get a choice in becoming one of those. YJ has their underclass too, but it's more racially motivated. Chinese love their grudges, and the Sino-Japanese war is still a fresh wound for them.

Basically everyone's a shithead and we'd all be better off under the EI. Make no mistake, the only people getting sepsitorized are the disloyal ones. Our alien overlords don't want to waste such valuable technology doing what can be achieved by simply treating us decently.
>>
>>50362902
>or Anglosaxon every man for himself?

Speaking of having a welfare tradition somewhat implies that you do welfare, so not this.
>>
>>50362983
US has welfare, and some would argue it's the best welfare. Of course the same people would be crony capitalists, so arguably the people who set up PanO....
>>
>>50362966
Buy icestorm or red veil with a friend. You have those, right? You can buy them from your local game store or just go to amazon or whatever. If you just want to browse, you can go to the store on their main site, it's on the top menu.
>>
>>50363024
I found the store and I was looking at the Yu Jing, because pic related >>50362778 made a convincing case for them and I stumbled upon it, so next question, is there like a road map for the Yu Jing, like after I buy red veil, what else should I buy?, and what are things that I should beware about them?, how's their play style?
>>
>>50363187
Yu Jing really like heavy infantry. 2-3 HI is average at 300 points. Beyond that they have a slight preference for close combat but are mostly all-rounders.

Remotes are always a reliable choice in any faction. I'd recommend getting the standard Yaokong box first, it's the only thing I'd tell every player to get no matter what.

There's also Celestial Guard and Shaolin, which can provide smoke that goes well with the Hsien in RV. You could probably get away with proxying a spec ops or Zhanshi as the CG so you don't need to buy a box of them, and if you're using the CG it's worth it to get some Kuang Shi as well, they're very useful.

Another HI you like the look of is a good purchase too. After all, it's what YJ is all about.

Guilang has an old sculpt, but it's a tremendously useful infiltrator for laying mines, hacking and taking objectives.
>>
>>50362902
Ateks are the few that fell through the cracks, for whatever reason. It's premature to draw any conclusions further than that given we have no idea how many of them there are. They exist, but for all we've been told as players they might only be a fraction of a percent of the population.
>heir to the BEST WELFARE TRADITIONs
Keep up. That's not every man for himself any way you slice it.
>>50362968
The most we know about ateks is from Gromoz's bio, and a momentary fluff piece about an Atek vehicle that hadn't been upgraded and got in an accident as a result of not receiving a traffic warning. Fucked hard is a massive overstatement.

>>50363019
Nobody argues that the US welfare is best. Some might argue that no welfare is best, and thus the US is on the right track, but nobody could confuse the clusterfuck of an existing system, that can't even get a basic medicare style universal service right, best welfare.

>>50362983
More to the point, Britain and Australia have pretty decent welfare systems on the whole, if not quite at Nordic level.
>>
>>50361665
Where can I locate these free patterns?
>>
>>50363432
Gromoz's bio doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture. Being dirt poor in a rich country is better than being dirt poor in a shitty poor country, but it still really sucks.
>>
>>50363438
http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/29183-free-laser-cut-stuff-from-wargaming-lodz/
http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/14184-free-laser-cut-cube-terain-plans-extras-its-objective-room-instructions-objectives-added/
http://www.data-sphere.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2248
>>
>>50363507
She wasn't in a rich country, though, she was deep backwoods by PanO standards.
>>
>>50362966
Just pick a faction you like. There are many online retailers that carry infinity, or you can order from your flgs.

If you're in the states, miniature market is having a thanksgiving sale, though most of them are older minis. Black Friday is coming up too.

Also dick around with the online army list builder. It can be real helpful for expanding outside of the starter box.
>>
>>50363552
>PanO standards
Exactly. Every rich country has shitholes to put its poor people, PanO is no exception. It's still better than being poor in some dumpster fire of a country on the human edge or Dawn though, because having no prospects is better than starving for most of your life before some psychotic dickhead who happens to be passing through shoots you dead for something to do.
>>
>>50363650
>Has shitholes
Rural Albania, dude. That's like people living in the NY Sewers or something. It's not just a ghetto, it's hugely out of the way.
>>
>>50363387
So would a Guijia squadron be a worthwhile investment? Also were could I get more lore in this things?
>>
>>50364249
The rulebooks come with a lore book, and there's fluff in the unit descriptions on their store pages. There's also the RPG that's coming out soon, which has some previews out, including the YJ faction description. Sadly, the Shentang/Yutang planetary chapter hasn't been released yet.

Do you want me to post just the YJ RPG fluff, or all of it?
>>
>>50364286
I mean I got on this team literally today, but at the same time I don't want to get greedy, so whichever is easier for you.
>>
>>50362470
Please, Polands are cunts, but they know the rules.
>>
>>50364345
It was just a question of which PDF I uploaded. This one's all of the RPG PDF previews so far collated into one. The fluff section is Section 3 - Gazetteer.
http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/1ScqN5ci/file.html
>>
>>50364431
Thanks anon
>>
>>50363387
I have to quote >>50363387 it's all very solid advice. Things like the basic Yaokong REMs, Kuang Shi and Guilangs form the backbone of 90% of YJ lists, can't go wrong with any of those.

A personal advice that I give you (and many may disagree but wathever, choose for yourself) is to decide early if you like any sectorial and buy accordingly. As it is now you have some options for expanding your force:

1-"mix & match" approach. Play vanilla and buy models you like without thinking about sectorialss or background. You get the true YJ experience and have the maximum flexibility of units to choose from. It is certainly a valid way to go but peronally I don't do it because from a visual perspective I don't like mixing japanese and chinese units, but maybe you won't mind.
RV units useable: everything

2-Japanese Sectorial Army. They play in a peculiar "in your face" way and don't have access to many YJ staples, but compensate in the form of awesome ninjas, bikes and frickin space samurais. If you like them I suggest to skip the shaolin, kuang shi or guilang and instead get things like the starter box, Kisaragi+aragoto box, support pack, Raiden HRL, REMs.
RV units useable: Ninja
>>
>>50363387
>>50364689

Cont.

3-Imperial Service Sectorial. I envision them like a mix of FBI and Stasi with a bit of Inquisition feel. A balanced faction that juggles some tricks and brute force, and they get a helping hand from our friendly neighbourhood AI ALEPH. If you like them I suggest the starter box, Kuang Shi, Yaokong and Yaoxie REMs, ALEPH support pack, Su Jian.
RV units useable: Hsien, Ninja; Zhanshis can proxy for Celestial Guards just fine.

4-The Invincible Army. Technically it's not implemented yet so it's just like playing vanilla, but you can focus on the models for the upcoming sectorial that should be released sometimes next year. This faction's focus are the the amazing YJ Heavy Infantry units, no need to tell you how awesome it will be. If you like them (and feel like waiting >1 year to use them at the fullest), you can get the staples mentioned above plus something like the Zuyong HMG, Yan Huo, Hac Tao, Tiger Soldiers or Guijia.
RV units useable: technically everything as it is vanilla, but specific IA units are the Zhanshis, Zuyong, Tiger Soldier.
>>
>>50364689
>>50364704
Yeah I meant to quote >>50363187 the whole time, fuck me. You'll understand anyway
>>
>>50364249
>what to buy
Guijia? Not really. It's a centerpiece, but if you just buy it to fill points your awesome hammer will quickly become an awesome ball-and-chain.
Seconding: Guilang, Yaokongs, Kuang Shi (but you'll have to have a Celestial with Kuang Shi Control Device to field them), also Yaoxie as they're cheaper MSV than the Hsien and quite fun to use. Also a support pack of some kind (I prefer the Tokusetsu). Maybe Aragoto or Asuka if you like fast things going vroom. Yan Huo HRMC for awesome heavy support piece.

>fluff
The fluff articles reappeared in CB's new catalog (which is NOT the one in the OP but a few posts later). Have a collection of unit fluffies from the old gallery, including HSN3:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/116M600ywaWJdYXm2UQAlt2ytcDo83q0Q-69PKYsG-rI/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>50363551
Why would you want to give money to poles? Never buy from polish people, if they start making money from infinity they will never leave. Just ask anyone who lives in Sweeden or germany. It is crawling with poles, you want inifnity be full of them too?
>>
>>50365809
What part of "free patterns" did you not understand?
>>
>>50365809
>It is crawling with poles, you want inifnity be full of them too?
We're already here
>>
>>50364953
Pardon my extreme noobishness but what is a celestial and what is a MSV
>>
How are you supposed to use bikes? Most are flimsy and the extra movement means that they will just get themselves stranded far away from support. Since they have a harder time dodging, it's not like they have any particular survivability for hanging around solo. And it's not like they can dismount and take cover near the objective, as they are impetuous even when outside the bike.

The only reason to take them seems to be when the sectorial/faction is lacking in some skill or whatever they have (Like taking mavericks in ariadna because visors). Otherwise, they seem to be very expensive for impetuous troops.
>>
>>50366317
Celestial is a Celestial Guard, MSV is Multispectral Visor, glossary is here:
http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/18880-infinity-acronym-glossary-for-newbies/
>>
>>50366317
Celestial Guard. One of the line troop of Yu Jing. To take the Kuang Shi (4 point regular guys with impetuous) you need one Celestial Guard with a Kuang Shi Control Device in their combar group. Plus, that one comes with a smoke grenade launcher. Otherwise, celestial guard are decent troops with higher than average WIP.

MSV: Multi-Spectral Visor. Comes with two levels. L1 lets you shoot at camouflage troops and ODD reducing 3 from the MODs provided from those skills. It also reduces the mods from Low visibility zones from -3 to 0.

L2 lets you reduce the MOD from those skills by six and lets you see through Smoke (zero-visibility zones). So a Guilang with MSV Level 1 for example will be hitting at -3 against Thermoptic Camo troops like ninjas instead of the usual -6 and the Hsien or Rui Shi can shoot at such a ninja without the -6 mod from TO Camo and through a smoke grenade template on the field.
>>
>>50366317
>Celestial
Celestial Guards. The loadout with the Kuang Shi Control Device (KSCD) is a prerequisite for taking Kuang Shi in the army, and they must be deployed in the same combat group. The fact that this model has also a smoke grenade launcher makes it even more important, especially in ISS.

>MSV
Multispectral visor, level 2 in this case. It's an equipment that allows the unit to ignore most special visibility modifiers when shooting and discovering, like mimetism, camo, TO camo, ODD etc. Super useful with the aforementioned CG KSCD because it also allows to draw line of fire through smoke, so you can shoot targets normally while imposing huge penalties on return fire.
>>
>>50366361
Get the ones with smoke and position them to go through dense cover, trying to hit cheerleaders, or so that you can abuse the smoke with harder hitters.
>>
File: paragun.jpg (94KB, 960x403px) Image search: [Google]
paragun.jpg
94KB, 960x403px
IT'S A DWARF! IT'S A DWARF! IT'S THE MANLET YOU ADORE!
>>
>>50366361
They really punish turtling behind total cover since they spend fewer orders to disrupt it. Get up the field super fast and drop a direct template/short range shotgun.

Opponents who set up ARO lanes will force you to deploy them in weird places and spend half the battle circling nowhere. Those are opponents who can be shot at with the whole rest of your list. Many bikes of course can smoke up past those AROs. MSV link teams will stop that - but tend to be expensive, vulnerable one wound models.
>>
File: John Woo intensifies.jpg (217KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
John Woo intensifies.jpg
217KB, 900x506px
>>50366692
Don't forget that MSV also has a third level that makes Discovers to automatically succeed.
>>
>>50366361
Smoke up your advance (and that of your other troops).
Ride up to the enemy as close as possible.
Kill something 3 times as expensive.
>>
>>50351608
Wait so all an Atek is is someone who doesn't own a cell phone? I thought it was more than that. I thought the Ateks are legally non-persons a-la the SINless in Shadowrun.
>>
>>50363432
I think the RPG Core book states that Ateks are only a fraction of 1% of the population. However, PanO's population is so colossal that that vanishingly small proportion still numbers in the tens of millions.

I think the SINless example is a good example of how people end up as Ateks. Not only do they not have access to the quantronic network, this means they have lost access to their important documents, they have no membership in any Lobbies and thus cannot vote, and their lack of access to Maya means they are legal non-entities.
>>
>>50367628
I love that model, but it pisses me off so much that it doesn't have a panzerfaust in the orofile despite clearly being modelled with one.
>>
>>50368395
Ateks don't have it *that* bad, although there actually are anti-Atek movements that would love them to be outlawed.
Basically they're the poorest of the poor, but can still own a car apparently.
>>
>>50368684
wat?
>>
>>50368839
There was some kind of Panzerfaust on Aquila meme. I guess the thing on his left shoulder looks a bit like Magister Knight's and Teuton's panzerfausts.
>>
>>50368993
You mean the panzerfaust above that gizmo, like on the left model?
>>
>>50368993
Pretty much. The clamp looking thing on the outside is probably some sort of generic Pan O electronics pod. The Uhlans also have them. The other tubes don't look like the panzerfaust racks at all, besides their positioning. My guess it's all part of the assembly that gives MSV3.
>>
>>50369233
>The Uhlans also have them
Yea, and it's their Feuerbach, so not that different to the Panzerfausts on the Knights
>>
How OP would be Aquila if he had the Panzerfaust?
>>
>>50369644
It would be pretty bad. Not game breaking on its own, but being a little bitch on the reactive turn is a significant weakness of the Aquila, so fucking with that disturbs the balance. I'd be alright with the multi rifle getting a panzerfaust though.
>>
Any news about manga?
>>
What would be the best faction to play/collect for a newcomer? I am planning on getting into the game.
>>
>>50372010
Depends on which one you like the look of. Some factions are a little simpler than others, but the difference isn't all that significant.
>>
>>50372065
I am thinking between Nomads and Combine
>>
>>50372085
It depends what aesthetic you like more. I feel like CA has a more styles. Just hold off on any shasvasti since they are getting resculpts soon.
>>
I like Aleph and have the Posthumans box, where do I go from here? Did the rulebook with their rules come out yet?
>>
>>50373195
Nesaie Alke is cute, is she okay on tabletop?
>>
>>50369644
On the HMG it'd be very nasty; on the Multirifle I'd consider it a desirable change.
Unfortunatly, HMG sculpt has it while the Multirifle one doesn't.
>>
>>50373211
She's good in Steel Phalanx, not in vanilla though.
>>
>>50373233
Phalanx don't have Dasyus or Posthumans do they?

Guess they're out of the question for now.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11721793
>>
>>50373291
>>50373195
You have ONLY the posthumans box? In that case I suggest you to get the starter box, support pack, rebot box and maybe the deva+devabots box. Also the new Garuda is nice if you like it.
If you want to avoid the greek units that's ok, but if you ever play an Asura (you should) at least consider taking the Myrmidon officer with CoC and smoke grenades, she's worth it.

The rules for posthumans are in the Human Sphere N3 book, you can download it for free on the CB site or just look into the wiki, it has everything
http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Ghost_(G)#Ghost:_Jumper_L1
>>
>>50373318
>posting here
That won;t be biased or anything. If you posted it in all the generals, then you'd jsut get a popularity contest.
>>
Besides USARF and the Tohaa, which faction or sectorial has the most complete line of new-looking models?
>>
>>50373443
Onyx probably, since the're the other 300 point box release, IS you can do most things newer, SAA should be mostly good looking too.
>>
>>50373318
This doesn't accomplish anything, only an estimate of how many fanboys of those games who dwell in this Mauritanian goat-herding forum bothered enough to click on your link and vote.
>>
>>50373443
Onyx Force. It's only really doc worm and the shasvastii that aren't new, and even then Noctifers look pretty modern.

>>50373479
The old SAA look good but they don't look new. They're smol
>>
>>50373443
Also Yu Jing, this past year has been very generous with them and they got a whole lot of very nice resculpts, just stay away from the Japanese.
>>
>>50373438
Well I have a Dasyus hacker too. But it isn't much no.
>>
>>50373573
The Dasyu hacker is good too, but overshadowed by the Proxy mk2 hacker that is superior in almost every way. Good news is, you can use the model as a Posthuman just fine so no problem here. Also there's a new box of Posthumans coming out sometimes next month with very nice units inside, grab it when possible.

Btw you made the right choice starting with Vedic ALEPH, good taste buddy
>>
>>50373443
Honestly, Acontecimento Shock Army.
Regulars - All updated (4 sculpts)
Bagh-Mari - All updated and gorgeous (5 sculpts including character)
Akal Commandos - all updated (3 sculpts)
Singh (new enough)
Teucer
Scylla+Drakios
Montessa Knight (new sculpt)
all drones are up to date.
Tikbalang
Nagas (solid, mid-age sculpts)

The only things with old sculpts are:
Doc+Engineer (same for entire faction)
Guarda de Assaulto (old sculpt)

And that's it.
>>
>>50373635
They look like an army of Motoko Kusanagis and I get to paint a bit of pink for once. Easy choice.
>>
>>50373683
>Bagh-Mari - All updated and gorgeous (5 sculpts including character)
There's a new HMG BM and I missed it?
>>
Are modifiers ever added to the number rolled on the dice's face? I think I read somewhere that if an attribute goes over 20, the overflow is added to the die, for instance.
>>
>>50373730
He means the 4 man box + Rao.
>>
>>50373872
That's it. Mods are always applied to determine target number before rolling. If the number is over 20, you add the overflow.
>>
>>50373872
That's pretty much the only instance where a modifier is applied to the dice result.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161124-062427.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161124-062427.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
Defiant Truth, Marauders, Kauri Sentinels, Bashi Bazouk, and Fraacta are November releases

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ABwQEHih7Bk
>>
>>50374419
I like the kauri, chaksa and symbiobeasts better than the Tohaa themselves in terms of design. Peripheral sectorial when?
>>
New thread?
>>
>>50374475
No.
>>
What are dire foes besides "here's two miniatures you won't use and one you might not use either"?
>>
>>50374419
>Still no Ariadna
>>
>>50374517
They have something like two USARF releases left that are announced to be done by April next year and the Caledonia resculpts which are for next year as well. None has been previewed yet, so yeah, no mo' ariadna for a while.
>>
>>50374419
>another Fraacta
Lovely, more Sygmaa is always appreciated. Model-wise, I mean. Haven't actually used them on the table.
That said, where the hell is the HMG Maakrep? Huh, CB? And don't you dare give us some stupid Hacker Maakrep nobody will ever use!

>>50374489
Mini-versions of two-player boxes, basically.
One mini you really want, one mini you will trade away and one mini to gather dust.
Though. many of the latter can be used for other minis. The HAZMAT girl makes for a nice TAG pilot, Angus is a good fusilier and the CEO looks exactly like the limited Corporate Security Unit.
>>
>>50374517
>Marauders
>>
>>50374573
>where the hell is the HMG Maakrep? Huh, CB? And don't you dare give us some stupid Hacker Maakrep nobody will ever use!
CB releases the profiles nobody will use first so people will buy them to proxy with, then the profiles people want so they have to replace those proxies with them. That way, they sell the same thing twice to the same customer for each copy of the profile in the player's list.
>>
>>50374584
>>50374558
>USAriadna
>Implying any real Ariadna player gives a shit about them
>>
>>50374517
>Still no Ariadna
>Marauders
>oh hey, it's Ariadna
And yes, the yanks count as Ariadna. There's still pre-HSN3 USA shit that isn't sculpted, so it's not surprising that they're trying to get some of it done.

>>50374489
Split the box if one character isn't your faction, use the civilian as an HVT. You will probably use the one that's part of your faction, since the only dire foes that aren't amazing are Bipandra and possibly McGregor.
>>
>>50374622
Noice stick, mang.
>>
>>50374622
>no true scotsman...
>>
>>50374622
True words. Why can't CB make new chasserues and finaly a true kazak sectorial. Kazaks have more models then some sectorials. yet CB seems to hate all its Russian and polish players.
>>
>>50374657
They have confirmed that with some exceptions, resculpts are based on sales. So, convince everyone to never buy chasseurs. Kazak is coming with the next set of sectorials And will just be better USARF for maximum buyer's remorse.
>>
>>50374657
Also on the other hand they are wasting release slots with making combined army no one plays, at least nomad players are happy with new models. But as popular as they are not everyone plays them .
>>
>>50374601
That's what they should do, from a scummy businessman standpoint. But CB don't a lot of the time, it's fucking weird. They should have put the multi rifle Hsien in Red Veil and brought out the HMG later, but they didn't. They should have released the Nisse hacker never, but they released it after the HMG so not even people who didn't want the starter would buy it to proxy.

Fucking Puerto Ricans, can't even scam us right.
>>
>>50374681
how can you not buy 2 chasies. they+specnaz are the core of ariadna.
>>
>>50374601
True, but that said. They havent released any new maakreps after the starter box mini.
>>
>>50374700
Well, keep buying them and enjoy your 25mm ancient sculpt
>>
>>50374419
Nothing for either PanO or Nomads? I guess it can happen.
>>
>>50374721
Nomads gets starters next month. PanO just had Acontecimiento. Which, despite being hot garbage, is technically a release.
>>
>>50374573
>HMG Maakrep
They probably plan to make it male, so they're putting it off because they don't want to have to design a whole new model that doesn't have tits.
>>
>>50374751
>>50374751
>>50374751
>>50374751
New deployment zone
>>
>>50374688
HMG Hsien is in a starter box. Meaning, if you want that very popular Hsien option for ISS, you'll have to by 5 other models you dont need to get it.

They should have made the Hsien MR a female or at least give a Tinbot friend.

It's like the Foxtrot FO being the most valued SK in USAriadna, but it's only in the starter. Same with Chasseur with Rifle, the only TO OS, only a single Grunt HFT in the SWC Box, etc etc

>Nisses
Dont know what's going with them. At least the Hacker looks nicer than the HMG mini.

>>50374721
It's very likely the new Bakunin Starter is next month
>>
>>50373443
So I started Vanilla Haqqislam due to red veil and I was rather surprised that after getting everything I want and to past three hundred points, everything except the Fiday was a CAD model.
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.