[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GW's new supplement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1473539572187.png (4MB, 1544x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1473539572187.png
4MB, 1544x1074px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUmSZUvtR6Q
will this make chaos relevant on tabletop again ?
>>
>>50332941
It depends.
>>
>>50332941

It is such an attempt obviously, but players, especially Chaosags, will bitch about it none the less.

I know since I am a Chaosfag myself and I still consider Chaos's fanbase to hard to cope with.
>>
>>50332941
>will this make chaos relevant on tabletop again ?

The Legion-specific rules will have to be very powerful to make up for how overcosted/underpowered a lot of the base CSM units are. It's not impossible, of course, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's a nice olive branch at least.
>>
File: 1384814605347.jpg (101KB, 760x340px) Image search: [Google]
1384814605347.jpg
101KB, 760x340px
>>50335860

The issue with the chaos and the fanbase, is that we were allowed to use an amazing book that produced a copious amount of flavour, and armies that were tightly made and consistent. it was a beautiful amalgamation of rules, aesthetic, and background.

What we have had in editions since is none of the above, which over a decade has left many chaos players bitter and hurt, because all they really wanted was to enjoy well made army book that served as a platform for the beauty wherever they wanted to find it, be it rules, looks or story.

The thing that a lot of people don't seem to grasp that a new book is unquestionably worse than *nothing* if it doesn't address these issues.

This is because, I believe, new content that doesn't address the issues simply kicks the can another 4 or 5 years into the future.

when faced with this kind of pain over something you loved, wouldn't you be 'difficult to cope with' in the very least?

My perspective is this: All I want is to run 7 squads of 7 Death Guard with a Chaos lord. That's all I want. But still this far on we still don't have any reasonable way to apply feel no pain to the Lord, or to terminators, or give them the same kit, or even the same logically improved stats.

These elements detract from the feeling of the army, and the willingness to field it. It's these kinds of fixes that people are asking for - this is not an unreasonable ask. Yet a decade on, here we are.

There's more to it than 'chaos bitch about everything'. C'mon guys.
>>
>>50337969
Short answer is play 30k.
Longer answer is that even with the 3.5e CSM dex, what you wanted to play was fluffy, but not competitive, and what CSM player is for their army of choice to be fluffy AND competitive.
If it is one or the other, people will complain. I've played SM for years, and 5e was the first edition where SM was not one of the worst armies in the game, pound for pound. GK could have an absolutely fluffy army on the table while still being competitive, and people frothed at the mouth about it.
>>
>>50337969
TGGI. There's the whole fluff about sacred numbers, and all the other glorious fluff that inspires themed armies, that the crunch at best ignores or at worst throws out of the window after covering the fluff in shit and setting it on fire.
>>
>>50335860
This is pretty much the sad truth.

I like it. Night Lord Rules ftw.

#makechaosgreatagain
>>
>>50332941
Chaos have been bitching about legion rules since 5th ed and now they're getting legion rules, they WILL bitch about something once this book drops.
>>
I just play unbound custom campaign scenarios.
>>
>>50332941
I've been playing my Thousand Sons since 3.5, I only want to have real dedicated units, and not generic Terminators with mark, and Generic Sorcerer with mark.
Basically generic everything with mark except for the 1KSons themselves that have crappy rules.
So, judging from the release, I'll be happy. I'd also like for it to be viable, but since I only play with friends, it's secondary.
>>
File: 1383694131278.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1383694131278.png
50KB, 250x250px
I don't even know what I want anymore.
>>
Apart from the Thousand Sons, whose entire legion was compressed into a single unit and character, which legion do you think will be the most expanded upon?
>>
File: 1447946512345.jpg (19KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1447946512345.jpg
19KB, 366x380px
>>50332941

WTF is this production value... This is a multimillion dollar company and all they can come up with are promo videos which I have seen done more professionally by private youtubers.

If they only hired an average web designer, they would get a much better result I am sure.
>>
File: Aelves.jpg (60KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Aelves.jpg
60KB, 250x250px
>>50339591
>bitching about legion rules since 5th

It was 4th. And the reason wasn't rules, it was the lack thereof. The v3 dex managed to characterise each Legion using both sides of a single page, so it's not like updating 8pgs to the new rules would have proven an insurmountable task, it just never got done. ICYMI, GW's new DLC basically pimps Formations and Yuge Models because The Hobby is still about what GW wants and not what customers want. So, yeah - there's a lot to hate about what GW - and their IDF - choose to be. A company that does no market research >implying that it's unreasonable for customers to express disappointment is just one of those things.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.