[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHFB Army Pick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Hanzbur_Anvilhelm_1.jpg (82KB, 706x754px) Image search: [Google]
Hanzbur_Anvilhelm_1.jpg
82KB, 706x754px
Only discovered Warhammer Fantasy after Age of Sigmar became a thing. What's a good army to pick for a similar vibe and playstyle as Stormcast Eternals? I wan't to bring righteous, hammer-borne might to evil, with lots of options for customization, but I don't want the stigma of playing Stormcast.
>>
Dwarfs
>>
>>50326558
Are there no bulky human armies outside of Chaos?

I'll admit I'm a sucker for the models. I like the dwarfs, but they're all so damn diminutive. I like having a lot of space of show off painting skills.

Also haven't the dwarfs been mostly phased out by the crap-looking naked Fyryslyrys? And isn't there some neckbeard joke about the dwarfs just being all cannons and no infantry?
>>
>>50327592
The Brettonians have bulky Knights, but I don't think you play them at all like Stormcast.
>>
File: Ironbreakers.jpg (49KB, 580x350px) Image search: [Google]
Ironbreakers.jpg
49KB, 580x350px
>>50326417
Bretonnia and or Dwarves. Probably more so Dwarves though.. Brets can be sturdy, but only with peasants guarding their flanks.. You're probably looking for an army that's more "Slow and purposeful" and packs a hit like a iron hammer. Brets can do that but you need to plan for it. Dwarves can take it as well as dish it easier. Iron Breakers for the win.
>>
>>50327649
>Dwarves
In Warhammer they're called Dwarfs.
>>
>>50327649
Aaaaaand Bretonnia got squatted.

FUCK.

I would've fucking played Bretonnia, but then the recollection came flooding back to me.
>>
File: 1369820093453.png (2MB, 1098x699px) Image search: [Google]
1369820093453.png
2MB, 1098x699px
>>50327697
There's plenty of current in production models made by other companies that can be used as Brets. I'm going to be making a Breton list using Perry Miniatures
>>
>>50327729
I'm gonna go read up on my Brettonia lore on the off chance they get un-squatted as part of GW's recent trend towards good decisions. Worse sticks to worse, I'll go to dwarfs, or I'll kitbash a cavalary+knight heavy army out of modern AoS bits and the like. Damn shame, damn shame.
>>
>>50326417
Lizardmen?

They're pretty bulky and technically they're good guys.

Plus they're dinosaurs that sometimes ride other dinosaurs so that nets them more than a few points.
>>
>>50326417
>the stigma of playing Stormcast
Just play Stormcast you pussy
>>
>>50326417
>I wan't to bring righteous, hammer-borne might to evil, with lots of options for customization,
Go be generic paladin somewhere else.
>>
>>50327762
Here you go.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release#/

Everything that got squatted, other companies are stepping in to fill. This company is good, they're the same ones who replaced Tomb Kings.
>>
>>50326417
Besides the already mentioned options, you could try fielding a Sigmar-oriented Empire army, with lots of zealots and warrior priests.

Aso, an Ulric-flavoured Empire army should include a fair few hammers.
>>
File: pefuot4jvb2e.jpg (282KB, 1200x535px) Image search: [Google]
pefuot4jvb2e.jpg
282KB, 1200x535px
>>50326417
This >>50331405. There is a whole cult in the empire with the theme you are looking for.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.