[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coincidental campaigns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Ever written out a campaign idea and plan for it months in advance only to have a real world even come along that has similarities to it? Ever had people notice the similarities and ask if you're trying to make a political statement when it really had nothing to do with the event.

It's happened twice to me.

The first time I wrote a Sci-Fi campaign where one of the large elements involved the primary inhabited region of the galaxy being swamped with a migrating fleet of aliens fleeing from some calamity in their homeland. They poured in, strip mining planets, flying anywhere they felt like it, and generally terrifying the settled species of the area. They were also rather different, biologically speaking, from the inhabitants that were already there, and had an unusual, rather violent and intolerant culture.
I was going for a Quarian fleet mixed with Barbarian Invasion feeling, but then the Syrian war and migrant crisis happened.

The second time I decided to poke fun at my stupid furry setting with a campaign about humanity getting sick of having to share a planet with anthros and kicking them out. I threw together some 40k rhetoric with an Xcom2 sort of storyline. There was a lot of "the government is sold out to the enemy" "Yiff in hell" "humanity for the humans" "throw them out of our countries" and other nationalist stuff.
Then this dang election happened.

Anyone else have things like this happen?
>>
>>50326348
That's not coincidence, you're just a xenophobe
>>
Six months before Kaladesh was even anmounced, I wrote up a setting that was straight up not!Kaladesh.

It's a city who's entire culture revolves around craftsmanship, especially when comes to creating magic items.
>>
>>50326571
Dude. You have no fucking idea.

A couple years back I started on a fanmade "return to Innistrad" block. (I never got very far, for reasons.) Plot revolved around all the evil and 2spoopy managing to come back, despite Avacyn's presence. Main villain of the block was Nahiri, doing it all over her unrequited feelings for Sorin.

Name of my block? Shadows Over Innistrad.

Still not convinced I'm not a fucking wizard. Although not even I could have predicted Avacyn's death.
>>
>>50326520
You might be right there.
>>
>>50326348
My current campaign villian is a hobgoblin demagogue, promising to return the people (a population every genetic possibility between human and orc) to global prominence. I made him orange because I like that old GW paint and all my hobgoblins are orange.

This was a couple weeks before Trump announced his candidacy. I pushed the concept to the back of the campaign (the PCs got a job on the other side of the map) but they came home and one of them remembered that thread, so they started pulling.

Worst part is they're all Canadian liberals of college age, and only one is a close enough friend to know my own conservative views (and he really wants to see how I play this out). They all think it was deliberate, and have been cracking jokes about it for 2 sessions now.
>>
File: IMG_0513.png (596KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0513.png
596KB, 500x680px
>>50326348
>That pic
TRIGGERED

Fucking snowniggers ruin and destroy the greatest empire in history and then they just LARP around as it hundreds of years later.
>>
I was gearing up to run a Deadlands campaign set in Westworld (not telling the PCs, of course), when actual Westworld was rebooted and it's great, but now I can't run the campaign without seeming like that guy who fanboys over shit, and besides they'd figure it out immediately.
>>
File: the eternal kraut.jpg (88KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
the eternal kraut.jpg
88KB, 853x480px
>>50326935
That's what you get for trusting the Eternal Kraut.
They are born civilization destroyers.
>>
>>50326665

Holy shiiiiit it feels so good to know I'm not the only one.

Fuck, man. Did you have eldrazi show up? Please tell me you have better taste than the dudes in Design.
>>
>>50326348
>Map doesn't trace the Roman invasions of the mediterranean basin

You guys really think that a tribe of headhunters living in swamps aren't barbarians?
>>
>>50326935
>>50328973
I love how the author put “barbarian“ in brackets as if they werent barbarians, fucking snowniggers
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.