[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say youths in a high-fantasy world go to a high school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Let's say youths in a high-fantasy world go to a high school to prep them to one day be future heroes, whether their career sights are becoming fighters, wizards, rogues, or other things. Retired veteran heroes serve as the teaching staff.

>What sort of classes would students go to?
>What would the overall curriculum look like?
>What would be noticeable differences between this high school and ours?
>>
>>50324988
bump
>>
I think the "Core" will have to be teaching those would-be heroes how to work with each other.

As for the other subjects, I think those would be electives with general drawn out focuses (Such as Fighter, Rogue, Wizard, Cleric, Paladin, etc.)

But then what those different focused heroes would have to do in the "Core" classes would be to do stuff with the other heroes that focused on something else, and from there do exercises and tests with the goal of cooperating with each other.

As for the "Electives", that's where you get each class focused on learning for themselves and working with their fellows too.
>>
>>50325307
Nice, that didn't occur to me. I was mainly thinking about the drawn-out focus, I like the idea of teamwork classes.

I was also thinking about the popular school sports - maybe a territory capture game using non-lethal sparing between teams with parties of 3, or something like that.
>>
>>50325539
Maybe a sport where the faculty sets up a massive, multi-level dungeon, everyone splits into small teams, and the team that can secure an item at the bottom of the dungeon first wins?
>>
>>50325582
A rpg-style Adventurers' School would essentially be like Hogwarts, but not entirely focused on magic and every day is the Tri-Wizard Tournament in terms of danger levels.
>>
File: 1447723539953.png (1MB, 1210x1643px) Image search: [Google]
1447723539953.png
1MB, 1210x1643px
>>50324988
You're looking for RWBY.
>>
>>50324988
...you just want a High School AU RPG, don't you?
>>
>>50325307
>I think the "Core" will have to be teaching those would-be heroes how to work with each other.
Also resource management, supplies, foraging and analyses of the most common monsters and how to fight them, like using fire against trolls and such. Basically, general knowledge to not get killed by common threats, including the environment.
>>
>>50325624
Cool, will have to check it out

>>50325641
To a large extent, yes.
>>
>>50325654
>Survivalism (Basic to Advanced)
>Navigation 101
>On-the-Road Home Ec.
>Hostile Zoology

Electives would be class-specific stuff, and extra-curric would be sports and things not pertaining to a specific "profession", like hobby clubs and the like.
>>
>>50324988
>>high school AU

Just go on fanfic.net
>>
>>50325844
I'm wondering if something like music would be extra-curric or not, if D&D bards are a thing
>>
>>50326030
Enchanted vs non-enchanted music would probably be a distinction.
>>
>>50324988

>rogue

Why would any school endorse training professional criminals?
>>
>>50326529
I don't know, ask a political science professor.
>>
>>50326529
Its not a problem if they are teaching them to use their skills against the enemy. By the same token of your logic, the training of fighters could be considered endorsing violent thugs.
>>
>>50326529
Adventurers need a skill monkey to get them into the treasure and scout. It's not our fault 'experts' are labeled as rogues and thieves.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.