[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuff You'd Love to Play But Never Will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: box.png (416KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
box.png
416KB, 500x404px
What are some of those very weird or unconventional games you find interesting and what to play but know you'll never be able to get a group together for?

Tales of the Crystals is the epitome of that for me. Partly because of the weird format that'd require it to be a LARP and unexpected play it came from, and the target demo. It seems to be a lot more than and not what I'd expect to see marketed towards little girls, though lord knows this board might be a less neckbeardy place if games like this were successful. I don't even necessarily want to play it myself as much as actually see it played.
http://www.annarchive.com/TalesOfTheCrystals/

And yes, I realize for most of us, it's "anything other than D&D and 40k."
>>
>>50324471
TIME
WIZARDS
>>
File: raspberry-heaven-dtrpg.png (300KB, 596x793px) Image search: [Google]
raspberry-heaven-dtrpg.png
300KB, 596x793px
>>50324471
I was going to make a thread about this a week ago when I bought pic related out of the blue at my FLGS. its like a lighthearted version of fiasco, but im afraid that everyone around me isn't weebish enough to really get into it without it getting weird which is a shame because I just want to pretend to be a schoolgirl and have Yotsuba&! and azumanga daiohesq adventures and tomfoolery.

I may post an ad for it at the story and see who I can round up one day...
>>
>>50324471
I've always wanted to sit around, drink a beer and play Wushu, but nobody ever wants to.
>>
File: 1399034698631.jpg (77KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1399034698631.jpg
77KB, 887x1097px
Any of the following campaigns:
Covert Ops
DBZ
Deadlands
Outlaw Star
Firefly
ASoIF
>>
>>50324811
I'd play the fuck out of this.
>>50325364
>Outlaw Star
>DBZ

These too. I think you could probally do Outlaw star in Bounty Head Bebop since it seems to be for Cowboy Bebop but with magic/psychic powers mixed in. I know some anons on here made some DBZ games based on stuff like Storytellwer and Dogs in the Vineyard
>>
File: 1461807124066.png (106KB, 500x674px) Image search: [Google]
1461807124066.png
106KB, 500x674px
>>50324471
Tragedy Looper.
>>
>>50325407
>I think you could probally do Outlaw star in Bounty Head Bebop since it seems to be for Cowboy Bebop but with magic/psychic powers mixed in.

I had been eyeballing Savage Worlds for it, but I'll hunt this down and read through it.
>>
>>50325449
I played that over Vassal a couple of times. It's pretty neat, though ideally you would have someone write their own scenarios rather than only using the ones it comes with.
>>
>>50324471
Giant Allege.
>>
File: azumanga-daioh.jpg (460KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
azumanga-daioh.jpg
460KB, 1024x768px
>>50325407
well that's good to hear. Like I said maybe one day ill throw out a line and see who bites, certainly better than going around and asking people if they want to play.
>>
File: 1346168486436.png (259KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1346168486436.png
259KB, 640x480px
>>50324471

Tenra Banshou Zero
Legends of the Wulin
In Nomine
Nechonica

Life is a series of disappointments and if you're lucky you won't have to experience too many of them before you die
>>
I'd like to play a game of Adeptus Evangelion rather than run it.
>>
File: nobilis.jpg (262KB, 602x313px) Image search: [Google]
nobilis.jpg
262KB, 602x313px
Goddamn Nobilis. I wanna play this pretentious fucking diceless game already.
>>
>>50324471
Okay, so this is pretty fucking specific, but Larry Niven's Known Space and The Magic Goes Away + Earthdawn.

A supernova from a nearby star floods Earth with mana. Monsters run rampant and the magic that sustains civilization goes haywire. Humans, the Kzinti, the Kdatlyno, Grogs, and Pierin only survive because they are allowed into the underground bunkers created by the Puppeteers.

When it becomes possible to return to the surface, the world is much different. Continents have shifted, humans have fractured into multiple species, and the Pak -- humanity's precursor race -- have conquered much of the world in order to harvest mana-rich Tree of Life. (The Pak take on the role of dragons in the setting, their Protector phases now much more bestial and supernatural than in previous fiction.)

Still not sure how to incorporate Ringworld into the setting, though.
>>
>>50324471
I'd like to run All Flesh Must Be Eaten or something horror related in the modern day, but I'm going to have to look beyond the local player pool as fantasy is the genre of choice. I have considered online games but I am unsure I would be able to get people unnerved through an online game. I may have to wait until Halloween next year to convince people or go half way with a horror fantasy setting.

Other things I would like to play/ run:
Stars without Number
TIME WIZARDS
Dungeon World
Call of Cthulhu
>>
I'd love to run a Lacuna campaign sometime.
>>
File: techno nomad.jpg (324KB, 1000x781px) Image search: [Google]
techno nomad.jpg
324KB, 1000x781px
Classic car wars
Battletech
Delta Green, but inspired by "real" conspracies instead of Lovecraft. Maybe steal some ideas from SCP.
Agent 13

Any of the above adapted into a sandbox, classless mmo.
>>
>>50324471
There are a lot of RPGs I would love to run and/or play. Like
TIME WIZARDS, Magical Burst, DBZ, Fallout, Mass Effect, Star Wars GURPS...
but it will never happen with my group sadly.
I did manage to run a few games that are absolutely not the kind that we would normaly play and it was fun while it lasted, namely MAID, OVA and PTU.
Our Team Rocket Campain in PTU was really cool. Sadly, it is hard to get the group together for it...
One thing I wanted to play ever since I got into 40k was Dark Heresy. My friends are also into 40k and stuff, but everytime I suggest playing DH, they rather play something else
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.