[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tg/ think about Munchkin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: spyke[1].png (216KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
spyke[1].png
216KB, 480x600px
What does /tg/ think about Munchkin?
>>
>>50323063

I played it once or twice, and then the novelty wore off.
>>
>>50323063
Wow. Alright, Anon...

To put this politely if you are asking that question: You are clearly new to /tg/, in which case welcome. We have many other game choices you can choose from over munchkin.
If you aren't new, well then you are an ignorant fuck, BUT I am giving you the benefit of a doubt.
>>
>>50323063

Use it to get people into traditional games. Then introduce them to real games.
>>
File: 1456698134848.gif (3MB, 345x260px) Image search: [Google]
1456698134848.gif
3MB, 345x260px
>>50323090
This, more or less.

Munchkin is good for a couple of laughs and some fun for the first handful of games. After that, you've seen all the jokes enough times that they're not really funny any more, and the gameplay itself is too basic to offer much in the way of new, innovative options that you can explore.

Expansions can extend its lifetime for a game or two per, but then you eventually end up with a bloated mess, just like the very game it's meant to poke fun at.
>>
File: cover_sm.jpg (15KB, 150x189px) Image search: [Google]
cover_sm.jpg
15KB, 150x189px
>>50323234
>just like the very game it's meant to poke fun at.
Indeed
>>
File: 1478661028788.png (405KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
1478661028788.png
405KB, 500x397px
>>50323063
It's a game like Mario Party.

You play it for some laughs, when you're drinking, and when you hate your friends.
>>
Fun to play every once in a while
Always play it like Mario Kart/Party, dick over your friends
>>
>>50323127
Well, to be frank, I've been lurking for a while, but only recently I've been delving into stuff other than RPGs and art threads. I picked up a few board games I like with friends, including Munchkin, and we mostly like board games that aren't convoluted, don't feature a ton of pieces, and are good for the social segment. Some eurogames also fit the bill, like Citadel. So far I've not been able to convince them to try out some giant 2 hour multi-layered thing or any more complex dungeon crawler, but we've been doing some cons together and enjoyed many different genres, so that's there.

I was just wondering if the general population of wise ca/tg/irls and fa/tg/uys has any consensus on the game. As for Munchkin, we got the base game and a couple expansions, and it does seem to get pretty bloated when mixed-and-matched, but it does seem to work as a party game; I was just wondering if it had any polarizing opinions or whatever. Merely trying to be inquisitive, with no bad intent.

Thanks for the answers.
>>
>>50323063
It's more fun to read the cards than it is to actually play, and usually when I win people are pissed at me.
>>
>>50323570
Isn't this the point of the game?
Like Diplomacy.
>>
Literally everybody I have ever played a tabletop game with, myself included, owns at least one version of it. I have not played a game of munchkin for years.

It was fun at first, and now we find better things to do.
>>
>>50323063
Normie here. I find it to be a pretty fun game, but there's no need to get all the different versions. It's a nice party game that you would bring to a friends house, like Uno or Cards Against Humanity.
>>
>>50323063
Gets old real fast.
>>
>>50323063
Its one of these games you buy thinking, oh this might be fun, and after finishing to read the rules you sigh because you just realized you wasted $15.
>>
>>50323063
Picked up the special edition for 10 bucks, it was well worth that. It serves well as a once-per-night opening game
>>
File: casual games v4.png (3MB, 1878x1672px) Image search: [Google]
casual games v4.png
3MB, 1878x1672px
>>50323521
>>
>>50323063
>Shit tier art
>Pleb tier gameplay
>Autism tier fanbase

It was fun when we were all 15.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.