[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30 Minute Rounds?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 67700000[1].jpg (1MB, 1479x1479px) Image search: [Google]
67700000[1].jpg
1MB, 1479x1479px
>"Stun mechanics in D&D are bad because missing a turn means sitting around doing nothing for 30 minutes - 2 hours"
>Average group has 3-5 PCs. (4)
>Average fight has 1-5 enemies. (3)
>Monsters tend to take less time for their turns than PCs (like half as long, if that).

>Combatant Time Units = 4+(3/2)=5.5

>120/5.5 = 0:21:49
>30/5.5=0:5:27

>Average Turn Length Per Character = 5:27min ... 21:49min

Why in the nine hells would you wait between 5.5 and 22 minutes for someone to take their goddamn turn?

Like, okay, at the beginning of combat it can take a couple minutes to set up (that's before any turns though), and maybe the first guy in a combat takes a bit longer. But everyone after the first guy has had lots of time to decide what they're doing.

How are you waiting so long between turns?

It's not like we're talking about PTU, where there are always a ton of combatants, and thus a round takes forever.
>>
>>50314904
It is an exaggeration for the most part. A lot of groups I have encountered also lack focus. They go on tangents between turns and do not pay attention when it is not there turn.
A bigger problem would be losing multiple turns in a row or effectively being knocked out of the encounter entirely.
>>
>>50314999
>being knocked out of the encounter entirely.
I can see how that one is less fun.

Once had a player get basilisked on turn 1. He went and got snacks out of the kitchen while the rest of the party fought it.

But still.

If your turn taks you more than 2 minutes from start to finish, you're being a cunt to the rest of your group, and dare-I-say, robbing them of valuable game-time.
>>
>>50315373
>If your turn taks you more than 2 minutes from start to finish, you're being a cunt to the rest of your group, and dare-I-say, robbing them of valuable game-time.

This. If you don't put down the phone/laptop and pay attention, your character zones out and skips a round.
There is a reason I ban phones at my tables.
>>
File: Why Not Both.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Why Not Both.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>50314904
I do agree that turns should be faster, but I also agree that "you don't get to play for a while" is a dumb mechanic. They are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>50314904
PC turns should take no longer than 5 minutes at the absolute maximum, and thats checking spells, sorting out rules, etc. We encourage players to think about their move while others are having their turn, so you're not just "waiting" you're planning what you're going to do, and what kind of rules you will need to know to do those things. That way when your turn comes you can quickly go through it. In our games when combat is going smoothly, PC turns can be less than a minute each.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.