[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 40

File: the original.jpg (86KB, 742x960px) Image search: [Google]
the original.jpg
86KB, 742x960px
/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

Mankind's limitless anger edition

Last Thread:
>>50231532

>Hawk Wargames website, with links to models, rules, and forums
http://www.hawkwargames.com/

>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>DZC Phase 2 Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9o0mghzvf3gsnzg/Phase2-rulesScenarios.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Units
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>Dropbox of rulebook pictures
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ci1w3beqaeu5nca/AADismn1gX0dYWShk45csdRca?dl=0

>free DZC army builders
http://www.dzc-ffor.com/
http://solomonder.com/scoldzap/

>DFC Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/li17bl14bute5ee/DFC_RulesScenarios.pdf
>DFC Units
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>Where to order DFC from
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
http://www.thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.
>>
>>50314633
Just to start us off: What's your absolute favourite DFC ship so far? It can be for looks, rules, concept, whatever.

For me it's Taipeis, because of how fun they are to use. They're just a gang of little assholes that can sneak around being annoying to kill before activating twice out of nowhere and sending 24-44 shots towards an important ship. A pathfinder BG with 4 Taipeis and 2 Nawlins is probably going to find its way into quite a few of my lists.
>>
>>50314828
Give me dem Djinns, I want to send as big a wave of plasma to burn an enemy as I can. I love how they look like a boxer, I love the damage they do, I love that they can go atmospheric to avoid shots like nothing else.
>>
File: 1231231512312.jpg (24KB, 257x271px) Image search: [Google]
1231231512312.jpg
24KB, 257x271px
>>50314828
I have a thing for broadisides, so I have to go with the Leonidas, purely on aesthetics - the smooth hull, the jutting fins, and the row upon row of cannons the size of houses. Cannot wait for mine to get here.
>>
>>50314828
I want to say Moscow Chan because unleashing that many mass drivers makes my dick hard, but from experience it's been the Seattle. It's done a good solid job every game. One one weapons system means it can Course Change if it needs to and swap layers as it needs to and throwing out bombers really adds to it's killing power.

Hence why I want an Atlantis because it is both rolled into one.
>>
>>50314828

For me it is the Seattle, I just love the look and the fact that it is packing some heavy guns.

Bigfan of the Taipeis as well though.
>>
>>50315006
look like a boxer?
>>
File: ad vindictam.jpg (1MB, 2362x2188px) Image search: [Google]
ad vindictam.jpg
1MB, 2362x2188px
Bumping with finest heavy ship from finest faction.
>>
>>50318621
She's pretty great, but if she wasn't a spunky redhead she wouldn't even be in the same league as Leonidas-chan.
>>
>>50320683
>moscow not being a slav
yeah i have a problem with that too
>>
File: fhjmtyu67856.jpg (44KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
fhjmtyu67856.jpg
44KB, 500x293px
>Ships aren't here yet
>PHR sold out on every distributor
>Mfw 2 PHR players at FLGS
Why can't I worship the sphere with them?
>>
>>50316471
their two plasma casters are close to the 'center' of their face, and their a little fat. Always looked like it was holding 2 hands up to its face to hit somebody.
>>
>Mankind's limitless anger edition
more like "OP forgot to include dflist.com in the links again edition"

Currently discovering the sheer pain of trying to get clean removal of sprues from shaltari, best I've found is using a scalpel to shave them clean off, though I worry for my fingers, It's a wonder I haven't had a trip to A&E yet.
>>
>>50322689
The frigate archs and the mothers hip cores are the absolute worst imo.
>>
>>50322760

The spines being shorter on two of the sprue points triggers me.

Is it worth even trying to remove mould lines on the spines on these fuckers?
>>
>>50314828
Obsidian or Adamant Multiple simultaneous PArticle lances make me hard. Also, Shaltari are pure A E S T H I C.
>>
Granite now gets linked on it's guns.
Is it OP?
>>
>>50325024
Yes
>>
>>50325024
Yes. 2+ lock on all particle weapons would be better, with Ruby and Obsidian getting more expensive to compensate.
>>
>>50325220
Keeping the granite at 100 points? I like it, 2+ lock makes it a perfect frigate hunter if it can get a lock on them, while still being able to fuck over a CL or CA with weapons free; 2+ lock Jades are also great as wolf-pack pairs, possibly dropped down to just 40 points.
>>
Pledge received in Australia. Time to roll around in models. This box of fucking heavy
>>
All praise lord Dave. They fucked my pledge up and accidentally gave me 2 extra starter sets and free activation cards!

Also 2 Atlantises and no Avalon
>>
File: ucm_poster.jpg (184KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
ucm_poster.jpg
184KB, 800x533px
>>
>>50325534

Sounds like you lucked out. Your avalon will come later if you email them.
>>
Dear Backers

I am writing to you on behalf of the whole team at Hawk Wargames, who have been working incredibly hard to get the pledges out.

Firstly, we realise we have let people down: the delay in the delivery, the release of the first wave of Dropfleet Commander into retail before dispatching all pledges, and the poor communication.

We want to address a few questions that people have had, or issues that have been raised. Some of these should have been communicated before, and others are only able to be seen on reflection:

1. Real numbers: we have around 550 pledges left to pack, and another 180 (on top of this that are already packed) left to process for shipping. We expect, based on our rate of between 110-250 packed pledges per day, that we should be able to finalise all packing this coming week. We will put out another update with the revised numbers that need packing and shipping at the end of this week.

2. The process of shipping is not as simple as we had previously intended. This is the first time we have ever managed a dispatch process of this scale, and a number of things have not gone to plan during this process, including:

The system we used for processing addresses and pledges was not suitable for the scale of this Kickstarter. This has led to us having to process every pledge manually, therefore adding considerable time to the shipping process.
The process for entering addresses into our courier system did not work effectively, and all our information is being added manually to create labels and shipping forms suitable for every shipment, again which has added to the delays.
There are a number of shipping and address queries that have not been resolved which are delaying a few pledges being sent out. We will be contacting some backers regarding these in the coming week.
>>
3. We will be doing a full review of this Kickstarter once we have dispatched every pledge.

4. Our Team: We have 6 members of our own team who have been regularly packing and shipping pledges since we have started this process, along with another 4 members of staff who were doing regular pre-packing of sets and rewards. This left the Hawk Wargames team with only one member of staff to manage all communication to backers, along with all normal customer service communication. When we began the packing process, there was such a large amount of pre-packed product that we only had space to create two packing stations in our warehouse for boxing the pledges. This is why the progress was slower early on, but as we processed more and more of the pledges, we were able to create more packing stations, and therefore pack pledges at a higher rate.

5. Why weren’t we at Warfare 2016 in Reading? We decided, very late on and with very little notice, that we were not going to attend this event to ensure that as many of the team as possible could keep packing and dispatching pledges. This was a difficult decision to make, especially as we had a Dropzone Commander tournament at the event, and it was deeply regrettable that we have put ourselves in this situation, however we are committed to doing everything we can to get all the pledges out as quickly as possible.

6. The lack of communication is the most significant part of this Kickstarter process that we are aware of our mistakes and have learnt a lot from. Going forward we are aware that we need to commit to this more, and will be making every effort to give more time to communication to you all, (so long as it does not significantly negatively impact on the packing and shipping of pledges).
>>
The final thing is to apologise once more for the delays in backers’ pledges, for the lack of more regular and transparent communication, and for the retail release of wave 1 before all pledges were sent out to backers. We are confident in the quality of the game and in what we have produced, and this has always been the priority for everyone at Hawk Wargames in the creation of Dropfleet Commander.

You shall hear from us again in an update at the end of this coming week.

Kind regards

Hawk Louis, on behalf of The Hawk Wargames Team
>>
>posted at 3:30 in the fucking morning in bongland
Jesus
>>
>Mankind's limitless anger edition

More like: 'People are telling Hawk Wargames to refund their Kickstarter pledge because they fucked up so bad.'
>>
>>50326863
>the only people who have publicly asked for that is literally one autistic leaf and a few other dudes who likely aren't autistic
>>
>>50326985

>the only people who have posted their request on public imageboards are an autist and a few non-autists.
>>
Based on cheapest Australian retail, I got about $300 Aussie of free shit. Yeah I had to wait a while, but at that level of value I can't really complain too much
>>
>>50327005
wut
>>
>>50326863

Its like 2 dudes out of 4k
>>
>>50327292
2 dudes out of everyone that comments on the KS*

I'd put the total number of refunds somewhere with an upper bound of 100.
>>
>>50327364
I'm still boggled by the sheer amount of whiny, ineffectual rage there's been since the delay hit three months. Didn't people learn anything from Kingdom Death: Monster?
>>
>>50327364

I disagree. I think most are tracking how the process works with KS and I bet those that aren't are lazy enough to simply wait it out.
>>
>>50327583
>muh consumers rights
I finally realized what all this nerdraeg reminds me of; some bowl-cut soccermom giving some manager shit for the most trite of reasons.
>>
File: ucm_poster_scourgeface.png (818KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
ucm_poster_scourgeface.png
818KB, 800x533px
>>50326496
>>
>>50327703
And like the soccer mom screaming at the 17 year old trainee they have no fucking idea what's actually going on.

I've worked picking/packing and it was a constant steam of clusterfucks where we had to choose which customer got screwed over for reasons beyond our control or their control everyday.

Hawk had a shitty decision to make and they picked the one that would do the least long term damage to the company.
>>
>>
So, my first proper game of DFC hopefully tomorrow.

Looking forward to it.
>>
>>50331152

Bruh what you bringing?

Why isn't it the 3000 points of Toulon's List?
>>
>>50331476
Cause we´re playing starter vs starter. Probs my UCM vs his Shaltari, tho I´ll be having my Scourge with me as well.
Recommended builds.

I will at least be bringing a fully painted force.
His is also mostly done, so it should be looking pretty gud.

On a slightly different topic, I recommend serious caution with your Scourge ships, cruisers in particular.
I´ve had to touch up a couple of slightly damaged tips at the ends of the wings already. It still looks quite good, but anything more than a small drop may require some fixing if the mini hits the ground with one of those tips first.
The price of looking cool like that, I guess...
>>
>>50331735

Bruh why you holdin out on us. Lets see the painted models.
>>
>>50331950
Working on it now.
Pics hopefully soon, assuming at least some of em turned out decently.
>>
File: UCMStarter01.jpg (859KB, 1357x2201px) Image search: [Google]
UCMStarter01.jpg
859KB, 1357x2201px
>>50332893
Here we go.

UCM fleet. Most of the pics were kinda bad, this one is at least halfway decent.
>>
File: ScourgeStarter01.jpg (638KB, 1573x1285px) Image search: [Google]
ScourgeStarter01.jpg
638KB, 1573x1285px
>>50333137
And the Scourge.

Oculus beam arrays have been painted red and highlighted, but it's not really visible cause of the lighting in this pic.
>>
>>50333149
Neat! Did you use the ghost tints? Or is that just regular colors?
>>
>>50333204
This was done using regular GW washes.

I basecoated black, followed by some aven application of Vallejo Game Colour Silver.
Next, the whole thing gets a Citadel Nuln Oil wash.
Once that's dry, I picked out the different areas in Druchii Violet and Biel-Tan Green shades.

Once those are done, it was a matter of picking out details like the engines and oculus emitters.
>>
File: ucm_poster_scourgeface2.png (817KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
ucm_poster_scourgeface2.png
817KB, 800x533px
>>50327868
>>
So anyone see the newest failure-to-be from Spartan that was announced this morning?
>>
So 550 boxes left to pack. That should put them done packing by Thursday.

I wonder how many they can ship per day?
>>
>>50334105
>So anyone see the newest failure-to-be from Spartan that was announced this morning?

I did, not really interested desu, I have a decent number of DW models, but nobody plays here.
>>
>>50334204

I'm vaguely interested in getting the Teutonic iceberg carrier as an addon to the 1 gbp pledge and that's it. 10 inches of robot filled goodness is fine with me
>>
>>50334151

Hard to say considering that they're doing it manually. I can't say I'm suprised to be last on the list, I play enough blood bowl to know what my luck is like.
>>
>>50334105
Nope, my morbid curiosity is piqued
>>
>>50333149
>>50333400

The arrays are the only complaint. (as you say they are not showing up on camera)

These look nice!
>>
So word on the street is the Scouge have gone into top tier and the overseer makes the faction monstrous. Couple that with the fleshlight gunship and destroyers to ensure a infantry CC advantage.

Anyone play any games verse those new units?
>>
>>50335697
Played vs a Scourge list with some of that in there in a recent tournament.

Don't remember the exact composition but it included the following:
Overseer,
full CD rack (6 AT, 3 AA) with attached Vampires,
2 HGTs (in mini-rack),
2x3 Warriors in APC in mini-rack
2 Warriors in Invader
2 Destroyers in Invader
Razorworm-dispenser flyer
Flying MG drones with suicide attack

The guy ended up winning the whole thing, with his 12-8 win vs me his worst result. Both other wins were 18-2.
Part of that was probably inexperience vs the new stuff; the Overseer was kinda BS, especially since it's apparently been ruled that the grav-tanks only need to start their activation within 9" of the bloody thing to get their buffs.

Still, it's quite beatable; he won vs me by holding the critical location building in the table center all game, stuffing it so full with units I couldn't even fit 2 bases of Praetorians in there.
By the end of turn 6, most of his infantry and some of his dropships were still alive, but everything else had been cleaned up. Had the scenario not been so focused towards the center building, this coulda been a draw or even a minor win for me.

Still, if caught unprepared like his other two opponents, you can get pretty badly rekt.
>>
>>50334258
Why, it looks like dogshit, and the idea of an iceberg carrier is Ameri-British anyway.

I don't need a 10 foot long brick of resin that looks like a literal low-detail brick with some gears on it.
>>
>>50336298

The detail looks...passable so far on it but I won't say I'm not annoyed that it's yet another carrier (a super carrier none the less) with no actual mechanism or elevator for getting planes onto the deck.
>>
Oh Jesus I thought they might have had a chance to unfuck their reputation until I saw the shipping costs.

30 fucking gbp to ship their commodore equivalent. Gee gee, done at the gate.
>>
>>50335905
> especially since it's apparently been ruled that the grav-tanks only need to start their activation within 9"

That doesn't sound right. Hopefully that gets Faqed.
>>
>>50336617
Wut? It's only 10 GBP for RoW, regardless of pledge size.
>>
File: worry.gif (200KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
worry.gif
200KB, 500x264px
>Shipping almost done
>So many people have theirs
>Still don't have mine

I'm still on the list, right? They wouldn't have forgotten about me, RIGHT?
>>
>>50337193
According to that email 700 people still didn't have their stuff. That is a ton so you aren't alone.

I am still waiting right with you.
>>
>>50337193
>>50337227
Same, but if they've finally got their shipping procedures down pat, we should be good by the end of this week.

Hopefully.
>>
>>50336503
Clearly they just fly out of those ports on the side, lol steampunk no rules right?

Fucking Spartan
>>
>>50336673

I'm referring to Spartans new kickstarter
>>
>>50337347

I am just saying that the anon isn't alone. 700 people is a lot to still be waiting.

We are probably looking at Thursday or Friday complete pack. Then maybe wednesday of next week finished shipping.

Then Friday website goes up with the release of Battleships!

>>50337393
LOL
>>
>>50337393

They're really inconsistent as some carriers clearly have aircraft elevators or at least cranes and some have literally nothing besides a landing strip and tower.
>>
>>50337454
Oh, nevermind.

kekking pretty hard at those prices
>>
>>50337533
>>50337573
Truly Dave's talents were sorely wasted there. Thank God he got out of there.
>>
>>50337677
>ywn be so autistic at modeling that you design ships to have the exact number of escape pods necessary for their crew
>>
>>50337739
Dave's attention to detail is amazing

His proof reading ability is not
>>
>>50337677

Early (Pre-Legions) Spartan was alright at modeling, most of the non alliance Dystopian wars models looked excellent. I still love my Prussian ships.

I'm not sure how much Dave was involved in early DW designs but I will certainly say my Prussian ships has VERY reasonable door/hatch placements and the newer ones do not. Make of that what you will.
>>
File: 1334523993760.jpg (39KB, 550x453px) Image search: [Google]
1334523993760.jpg
39KB, 550x453px
>Less than 500 orders left.
>Still no email.
I'll get it before thanks giving right?
>>
File: IMG_0300.jpg (348KB, 1280x917px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0300.jpg
348KB, 1280x917px
>>50338634
>tfw going out of town for the entire holiday weekend
I should probably call the post office and make sure they DON'T drop my package off at the door on Friday. Some motherfucker's been tearing up and smashing mail in my neighborhood this fall, and I haven't waited this long to give some punk an opening to have his way with my spaceships.
>>
>>50338760
u need a cctv camera
>>
>>50337961
That's the Mark of the Dave right there.
>>
>>50337851
>Dave's attention to detail is amazing
Brits are garbage at writing rules, that's a sad fact.
>>
>>50337961
Dave left before DW as far as I know, he's been limited mostly to the garbage UCS ships and the early Firestorm ships (seriously, razorthorn guns are eeriliy similar to UCM railguns)
>>
>>50339275
Nah senpai, the rules for this game are great.

The proofreading is short a few jobless lit majors, though.
>>
>>50339453
>Nah senpai, the rules for this game are great.

I will politely disagree, it has all the usual british random junk in it, like overly important crit-hits, shitton of bookkeeping and stuff like that.
>>
>>50339517
>like overly important crit-hits,
The crits are actually integrated very well into how accuracy and damage works, without being too insanely OP.

>shitton of bookkeeping and stuff like that.
We are talking about DFC, right?
>>
>>50337193
>>50337227
>>50337347

Stay strong my bretheren.
>>
>>50339517
>overly important crit-hits
You lose a (low chance) save, that's it.

>shitton of bookkeeping
nigga what? Launch assets are all resolved quickly with minimal fuss. Damage and spikes are all tracked on the base.

If you seriously believe troop counters and status effect counters are a 'shitton of bookkeeping', or these rules are overly complex, I strongly suggest you never go anywhere near Corvus Belli.
>>
>>50339910
Worry not brother

My faith is sustained by my hatred for Abandonists, Hogs, and Jellies.

Only their suffering will cool my endless rage. As such, my resolve remains strong.
>>
The only mildly annoying old school british wargaming influences I've found is in the scenarios. Maybe is because I'm a 40k autist, but I'd like to be able to randomly roll up a scenario and approach type and have some hard rules on distribution of terrain.
>>
Assembling scourge cruisers at the moment, compared to the UCM and Shaltari fleets i've built so far these things just do not fit together properly
>>
File: 1406746248803.gif (899KB, 158x129px) Image search: [Google]
1406746248803.gif
899KB, 158x129px
Got my stuff today, Commodore in California. Got real excited to start building.

>Reach for Zap a Gap
>Bottle is fucked
>No extras
>No shops carry it around here

Whelp.
>>
>>50340409
Generally speaking, the only problems I've had with them is the dorsal hull plate.

The prow weapon inserts slot in perfectly.
>>
>>50340632
I've found that the two main halves of the hull don't fit together right and there's a gap at the front that needs to be filled.
>>
>>50340632
>Scourge are shit flaccid Jellies which can't hold themselves together

Checks out.
>>
So there's an unofficial "design a unit" contest going on at the Hawk Forums soon, and I slapped together a few rough statlines based on some shit that's been thrown around these threads before.

How many of these are fucking retarded?

http://pastebin.com/SDr4HcqN
>>
>>50340017
It's not necessarily low chance. 3+ armour on average saves 2/3 of the time. It's good though, it ensures that weapons with better lock are more effective against heavy targets than ones with worse lock.
>>
I'm going to start painting up my scourge tommorow, got everything primed silver at the moment, I know the studio scheme is just washes over the top with ghost tint stuff, anyone have any specific order for the colors?
>>
>>50340841
I remember Hawk's official painter saying to do green first, followed by magenta.
>>
File: playtesters.gif (765KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
playtesters.gif
765KB, 500x281px
>The Facebook is legitimately querying what happens when an atmospheric ship in atmosphere suffers orbital decay.

>>50340809
I forgot not everyone else plays Shaltari when I posted that. 5+ saves on either shields or PD means I'm accepting the inevitable if they survive long enough to close the distance to me.
>>
>>50340857
cool, thanks.
>>
>>50340803
I've only looked through the UCM properly so far, but for the most part they seem surprisingly not terrible.
The CA ships are a little excessive though. Swarmer, 3+ lock and a lot of shots are fine alone, but all of them together is a bit much. I'd cut back on the number of attacks.
>>
>>50341040
Eh, I'm leaning towards 4+ lock instead. It's already a fairly reduced number of attacks compared to comparable Scourge CAW (while having a bell curve rather than flat probability), but good lock in addition to swarmer is a bit weird now that I think about it.
>>
>>50341121
Fewer attacks would make more sense thematically with the swarmer rule
>>
>>50341234
So would 4+ lock; maybe a little of both, and a points cost reduction.
>>
>>50341302
No.

Swarm attacks are area saturation attacks.
>>
>>50341317
Then why would they have better lock in this case?
>>
>>50341121
PD is already fucked by swarmer, a lot of attacks would compound that issue more than good lock. Look at the Shaltari CA ships for a more extreme example of CAW that ignore PD.

Jakarta-chan wouldn't want this, anon.
>>
>>50341365
Because it's easier to dodge one bullet than ten bullets
>>
>>50341378
Yeah, I see where your coming from; PHR tier CAW attack amounts would probably be better.
>>
>>50340429

Use plastic glue for plastic models bruh

The battlecruisers can wait
>>
Shit just came in today and this was my face all day.
>>
So i received a 'label created' shipping notice last week. Nothing more has happened on the shipping tracker.

What gives...?
>>
File: DRILL.jpg (33KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
DRILL.jpg
33KB, 960x528px
Rate my drill?
>>
>>50344348
I like it. I wish you had more neutral lighting, but I still like it.
>>
>>50344348
8/10 would pierce the heavens with
>>
>>50344348
9/10 would pierce your gf with
>>
>>50344348
10/10 would pierce my ear with
>>
>>50344467
11/10 SCOURGE GO HOME REEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 20161122_082143.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_082143.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I think my Gharial is coming along nicely :) got a fair bit of work to do still.
>>
File: 1475979995675.gif (75KB, 397x345px) Image search: [Google]
1475979995675.gif
75KB, 397x345px
>>50345352
God damn, that's a nice looking tank. I'm impressed that you managed to get 4 major colors to look that good together.
>>
File: cvetovaya-palitra-1247.png (265KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cvetovaya-palitra-1247.png
265KB, 400x400px
>>50345364
Thank you very much :) it was simple, I Google "colours that go well with copper" and effectively copied this colour scheme. Teal/turquoise/cyan is my favourite colour and I wanted to encorporate it somehow.
>>
Question- is firestorm games a good place to pick things up for the UK?
>>
>>50345734
They're a good store, as long as it's in stock you'll get it quickly. If it's not in stock it can be dicey, but that's wargames distribution in the UK.
>>
>>50345754
But nowhere near the level of "dicey" that wayland is yeah?
>>
>>50345766
No where near that bad, and they're generally quick with communication/refunds if you query an order that you're waiting for stock on.
>>
>>50344304

That probably means you box is packed and is in the piled to get on a van to ship out. So it has moved from Soon TM to Very Soon TM
>>
>>50345425
Clever, it looks great!
>>
File: Vexxarr081108.gif (161KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
Vexxarr081108.gif
161KB, 600x553px
>>50345425
>>
Wonder if an Atlantis and a pair of Jakartas or Taipeis would be a good vanguard to just get drop into the shit. Atlantis provides it's own fighter screen once the CAW starts flying, then take either more PDto keep it alive or more CAW to through dice back.
>>
>>50347984
*Throw goddammit
>>
>>50347984
Jakartas are good for hanging around your brawlers and slapping away CA and bombers. Except against Shaltari, who either have shit CA or CA that ignores PD. Fucking hedgehogs ruin everything.
>>
File: 1476199267940.gif (884KB, 301x214px) Image search: [Google]
1476199267940.gif
884KB, 301x214px
So this rulebook is pretty damn sexy - clear pictures, lots of fluff and damn sturdy.
>>
>>50350068

Everyone about the book is pretty great. I like the format. The art has improved and the fluff inclusions are awesome.

The cover is a little tight, but it is nice they included it to protect the book itself.
>>
>>50350068
I do wish it was hardcover just cause it's super floppy but otherwise I agree 100%
>>
File: 20161122_082131.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_082131.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>50347728
Tehe love it. From op of pic
>>
>>50333137 here, had my first proper game this afternoon.

I faced off against a Shaltari starter fleet using my UCM.
We ran the simple scenario from the 2-player starter.

Both of us tried to go for the objectives quickly, which resulted in both of us losing our strike carrier/voidgate over the center cluster.
The other New Orleans (on the cluster to my right) tried dropping in some armour, but the Voidgate's charged air put a stop to that (and would for the rest of the game until this Nawlins was also shot down). This left him with infantry in the clusters on the sides, but with his mothership awfully far forward...

So far forward, in fact, that on turn 3 my Berlin managed to sneak up to it and deliver a full-crit blast from his Cobra laser while the thing's shields were down. After that, fire from my Toulons managed to finish off the now lit-up (major spike from the flash effect) craft.
The other Shaltari ships went shields up, with the disruptor-armed ones on my right trying (and mostly failing) to knock that single in-atmos New Orleans out while the particle lance-wielding ones to my mostly-ignored left only managed to put some minor damage onto my Moscow at range thanks to some bad rolling.
Two Weapons Free turns from the Moscow deleted the lance-armed heavy cruiser while the Seattle (including bombers) and Toulons wrecked the disruptor-armed medium cruiser.

This left me with dinged-up but non-crippled cruisers and spotless Toulons vs 2 voidgates and 4 frigates by the end of turn 4. Orbital dominance achieved.
...but with no way for me to catch up in victory points thanks to the ground situation, which meant it was literally impossible for me to win the scenario at that point.

Pretty fun and the result is basically a picture perfect Pyrrhic victory for the urchins.
Looking forward to playing some more, especially since I know somewhat know what to look out for in missions.

Also looking forward to fielding corvettes, since they should be very useful.
>>
>>50353595
Are you me?

Same thing happened with the 2 player starter set. Only one scourge ship left that could drop troops. Those frigates really godda drop down into atmo on turn 2. Second game went alot better tho.

One thing to keep in mind for the victory points at least for the "default" game mode. You get VPs for holding sectors AND having more tonnage above "critical locations". Lost my second game that way.
>>
>>50351932
L-lewd
>>
Is there ever any reason to take a Sphinx over an Ifrit? The Scourge BTL just seems so much more amazing than their guns.
>>
>>50357761
Ifrits don't want to get close, and for a Scourge ship with all the fun Scourge stuff like scald and plasma storm that's a bad thing. Modifiers like debris fields and orbital layers make the single 2+ lock shot less appetizing since you may have a 1/3 or 1/2 chance to whiff completely, and maneuvering around such obstacles is harder with shit arcs.

Sphinx is a brawler with its good arcs and weapons free, while Ifrit is more about hanging back and laying down spikes on people. They're both good.
>>
Hmm- what's the best way of dealing with hedgehog voidgate shenanigans?

Mothership sniping, or dedicated anti gate units?
>>
>>50360581
you should have just let it die, anon.
>>
>>50360581

I think its mothership killing. Voidgates are a little to well protected and cheap. You will never kill them all even with a lot of corvettes.

Get a mothership or two in the open though and you can do the job pretty easily due to flimsy save. And if we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominos will fall down like a house of cards. Checkmate
>>
File: 525307.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
525307.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>50360854
>>
>>50360581
Mothership sniping seems to be the way to go for the most part. Voidgates counting as defence batteries is pretty annoying though.

>>50360854
>And if we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominos will fall down like a house of cards. Checkmate
[alien sighing noises]
>>
>>50360854
>>50360906

Yeah, I was thinking that might be the way to go- at the very least, Motherships would definitely be a priority target for my Avalon +2 lima sniper group.

Are there any other battlegroup setups which might be good for mothership sniping?
>>
>>50361372
[insert high damage unit(s) here] + 2 Limas. It's hard to go wrong with Limas when you want to shoot something early on. Just make sure they don't get shot themselves, those girls are valuable.

2 Osakas + some Toulons. Maybe one or the other alone could work, but I think they go well together. The ol' flank and shank is a maneuver as old as warfare, and it still works.

Maybe 4 Taipeis + (optionally) 2 New Orleans for a sneaky approach and then last-into-first activation. Frigates can clear some insane ground when they need to and 24-44 attacks can fuck up anyone's day.
>>
>>50361568

I agree with the guy above.

It is also worth noting that one of hogs weaknesses is narrow arcs. A small group of fast ships flanks is going to be the best way to get to ships like the Emerald or other carriers that will hide 12 inches or so behind the main brawl.
>>
Hmm- I think that there's still going to be room for a corvette pack when it comes to anti hog tactics- as if the motherships like hanging back, they might end up in a situation where they can't drop troops without using a gate chain, so you could use a corvette try and hunt down link voidgates rather than trying to take out all the gates.
>>
>>50362185
I'm going to bring a group of them to kill off any voidgates that are too close to a cluster I want to grab, and I'll probably send them at a weak link if I see the opportunity.

On the other hand, I expect a large part of facing Shaltari will be area denial. They can't take a cluster if it's been wiped off the face of the fucking planet and half their army went with it. But that's my policy against every faction, so that might have something to do with it. Madrid-chan a best.
>>
>>50362185

Corvettes will still be needed because of charged air. You will need to remove them from all the places you want to contest to get your dropships and landers in place. It is just you are unlikely to really get them all.
>>
File: IMG_9368.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9368.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm the guy that's working on the resin city a few threads back

Made some LOS terrain WIP
>>
>>50362507
Did you smash a bunch of toy cars with a hammer? Sounds fun.
>>
File: IMG_9369.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9369.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50362548

With a end of a scissor but yeah basically. Poured resin over some cardstock and stuck the cars in, added sand then. Was out of woodfiller so fuck it.
>>
>>50362638

Insufficiently art-deco cars.
Still bretty gud.
>>
>>50362638
That's a nice trick, I like it a lot. Kudos.
>>
Hey guys, I've building a list for my first game that's coming up against Scourge, mainly with a view of building a list that can A) be built with a single starter and B) contains ships I'm excited to play and likely to keep using (i.e. not Jades or even Topazes)

--------------------------------------
Starter Fleet Shaltari - 591pts
Shaltari - 4 launch assets

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (205pts)
1 x Onyx - 165pts - H
1 x Opal - 40pts - L

SR8 Line battlegroup (145pts)
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
3 x Voidgate - 45pts - L

SR5 Line battlegroup (145pts)
1 x Basalt - 145pts - M

SR2 Pathfinder battlegroup (96pts)
2 x Amethyst - 96pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

I end up down a frigate, but the Amethysts and Opal I plan on being common fixtures to my lists. Mothership + 3VG is required, Basalt to try and bomb stealthbastards before they hit me, and add PD in the event they do somehow close the gap. Onyx because as much I love the Obsidian I need something with wider arcs to help reduce flanking threat, and I just love everything about Amethysts.

Only consideration I have is Onyx > Obsidian and add a spare VG (though I suppose that would be breaking the rules).
>>
>>50365676
I like the Onyx + Opal group. I imagine that, once the Scourge get close, you'll be going weapons free + shields up a lot and hopefully dishing out and tanking a lot of damage.

What's the point limit, 600? See if you can convince your Scourge opponent to go up to 640 or something so you can squeeze another Amethyst in. Or even higher, so you have points for an admiral.
>>
>page 10
Lads, please
>>
>>50368132

About to break down and buy a starter set. The wait never ends.
>>
>teaching dad how to play DFC because he's a huge grognard too
>go through a starter fleet game
>"Wow [anon], this is so much faster than X-wing! It takes ages to kill a ship in that game, and yet here my damn Moscow went down in a single round! Can't wait until the rest of your stuff comes in so I can see what a proper fleet battle is like!"
>"That Wyvern of yours is absolute bullshit, by the way"

Kek'd
>>
why do so many people online play a single starter box v starter box game then declare the game unbalanced (usually PHR are underpowered)

you are using a tiny fraction of available choices in a minimum size game on a smaller table and playing an unfamiliar ruleset for the first time

you cannot make informed comment about inter and intra faction balance based on this

you cannot advise newbies based on this

for all.I know you had one of those games where the dice hate you

or you just fucking suck at wargames

this is sub ign "we played 10 minutes of this it's crap 3/10" stuff
>>
>>50368753
I just went and did that. The box was heavy, and the contents look great..except why the fuck is the book horizontal, who came up with that?
>>
>>50368869
10/10 Dad

Related, putting the ventral fins on the Medea is a bitch. I've ended up using Liquid Greenstuff for all the joints for the fins, as it seems to make the whole process easier - for those unaware, you just dab a bit in the recess, put some glue on the fin bit, join, and you're good to go. Easier than trying to hold the thing at an odd angle till it sets, and you have a bit of time to fix the orientation if you need to.
>>
>>50369400
>except why the fuck is the book horizontal, who came up with that?
Reference to BFG, it also stays open better and allows for some nice profile pics of the ships.
>>
>>50369400
To be fair, they were clever making the sleeve vertical so it still fits nicely on your shelf.

Also so stores can stock it properly but whatever.
>>
>>50369510
I've been using that outer shell to store all the sticker sheets and instructions. It's been surprisingly useful.
>>
>>50369606
SEE DAVE? THIS IS WHY I WANTED THE FUCKING BOX
>>
>>50369330
People shouldn't play starter v starter more than once, and basing the balance of the whole thing on that point level is utterly retarded. It's a simple way to learn the game's systems and nothing more, it isn't even a good example of a skirmish.

>>50368869
You've got a cool dad. Scourge games are usually highly lethal for both sides. Things tend to be slower against other factions, though it's still pretty easy to kill things. Heavy cruisers are more about offensive capability than armour anyway, 2 extra HP is nice but nothing to write home about.
>>
>>50369844
Wrong box, you get the rule book box in the kickstarter stuff.
>>
>>50369908
ah, all my shitposting for naught. dang it.
>>
File: 1397203839006.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1397203839006.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>mfw the Leonidas I got is so horribly warped I'm not sure if I can fix it

It's resin, so I can hot dip it and bend, but it's damn near 90 degrees. What the fuck happened to this thing?
>>
>>50370155
To add to this, working on some PHR cruisers right now - what is one cruiser that you see being taken in any list, at any points value? I'm thinking either Orion or Bellerophon.
>>
>>50370280
Orion, ithe +2 Europas is hands down the best line block in the game.
>>
>>50370320
What a coincidence, I just finished building two Europa's (along with a Medea and BEEEES dispenser). Sounds like I'm on the right track.
>>
>>50370447
Honestly, the PHR have three or four broadside bricks that work exceedingly well.

Orion +2ropa (standard brick)
Theseus +2ropa (fast brick)
Leo +2ropa (heavy fast brick)
Leo +2Theseus (fuck-your-shit brick)
>>
So, do we have any nicknames for ships yet?

>Leonidas- 60 barrels of doom
>>
>>50370155
pics man, come on!
>>
File: F1.jpg (239KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
F1.jpg
239KB, 1920x1440px
Progress for tonight. Had to try making a variety of frigates.
>>
Late night bump.
>>
>>50372402
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHERES MY SHIPS DAVE
>>
Europas are really easy to get off those nasty double-broadsides. 5 Hull also makes them tremendously survivable.

Those, plus the Theseus, are going to be real heavy-lifters as a 'Fast Division'.

The Ikarus IMO sacrifices too much for it's attempt to be a hybrid. Go Bellerophon or go home as far as carriers go. I'm also not a fan of the Andromedas, as you really need 4 to put the hurt on someone...
>>
>>50373648
I see the Andromeda as a PD generator - one bomber isn't going to do a ton, but +4 PD could help a bit, even if it saves just one point of damage from slipping through.
>>
>>50372402
Aren't the Medeas supposed to be sans bottom fin?
>>
>>50373854
...That would make a lot of sense, considering how difficult it was to attach the little fucker.
>>
>>50370478
What about

2Rion

or for when you are completely Marcus Barros, 12Ropa
>>
>>50373583

I concur

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
File: 1478274782336.jpg (6KB, 180x210px) Image search: [Google]
1478274782336.jpg
6KB, 180x210px
Voidgates are a fun time. And by fun I mean 'utterly infuriating for the opponent'. I'm not looking forward to being on the other side of a Shaltari fight. The bullying is completely deserved.
>>
>>50377097
This pre corvette world is gonna be weird. Turns out Voidgates are the true atmospheric monsters without them.
>>
>>50366039
>I imagine that, once the Scourge get close, you'll be going weapons free + shields up a lot
Yeah, pretty much.

I just now realised I might be better off taking a Jet in case he gets off a Mothership snipe. It will allow me to shred his ground troops and/or it will be better for close in dueling with it's full 12 inches of ionic rapebeams.

Only thing is I think I'd be lacking range compared to the Onyx, which sounds like a losing proposition as Shaltari.
>>
>>50377097
>>50379065
Once I played my first game vs Shaltari I was indeed really glad I'd already converted some corvettes.
>>
File: Scourgeface.png (58KB, 419x427px) Image search: [Google]
Scourgeface.png
58KB, 419x427px
>>
>>50381607
The Scourge may kill our fish, but they shall never take our turkeys! HOO RAH
>>
>>50381607
I never noticed how well maintained his hair is. Gotta put work and product in to have that luxurious mane.
>>
>>50384316
What's the point of taking back the cradle worlds if you can't look beautiful while doing it?
>>
File: 1474862299883.png (11KB, 750x439px) Image search: [Google]
1474862299883.png
11KB, 750x439px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzQ5JjTDdXQ
>>
VERTICALLY CHALLENGED TRILOBITE
>>
>>50388090
based dragon was what first got me to stop and look at these threads
>>
>>50389757
I can't recall what got me into these threads, but I'm glad I did.

Also re BoW video "Impregnated with razorworms"

Dave please no don't read the smut
>>
>>50389827
>Dave has been writing it as an anon.....
>>
>>50389827
>>50390099
[Scared]
>>
>>50390099
We'd notice the resin dust over everything.
>>
So supercarrier confirmed for 7+ launch capacity
>>
>>50392709
Been known for a while now man.
>>
>>50393033
>3
yeah but people were speculating in a previous thread on what kind of super carriers they would give the other factions, and we now know for sure that they wouldnt have less than 7 launch
>>
>>50394203

That isn't true. Not every faction is sure to even get a fleet carrier.

That standard Carriers for PHR have less than the standard for Shaltari. They may not exceed 7.

UCM may not get one because the new york exists.
>>
>>50394286
UCM has fluff blurb about having 5(?) super carriers, and since Dave explicitly said that 7+ launch is required for him to call something a super carrier if UCM get their super carrier (prolly dual model with dreadnaught) it will have 7+ launch.
>>
>>50394286
Idk, I would be surprised at the PHR getting an 8 launch carrier, the UCM getting a 7 launch, and the Scourge getting a 10 launch
>>
I played my first real (999) game last night). Was rad. having a whole mess of ships on the table was really satisfying. I had an Atlantis, 2 Seattles, a San Fransisco, 2 New Cairos a Lima, 4 Toulons and 2 New Orleans and faced down a whole mess of stupid space hedgehog bullshit.

Those shields are nasty. They ping you from logn range when you can't shoot back, then once you close range they go shileds up and laugh smugly at you. Saving vs Crits is MASSIVE, especially agains burnthroughs. My New Cairos did sterling work, killing Amber, Emerald and crippling an Adamant and Basalt, but they would have scored more kills if it wasn't for those darn shields. I'm really digging a battlegroup of 2 light cruisers. It means they can active before most of the things they are hunting and 2 burnthroughs really brings the pain.

Game holds up. I'm keen for more. Put battleships inside me.
>>
>>50394312
Maybe the UCM supercarrier will be a Dreadnought variant.
>>
>>50394286
i didnt say everyone would get one I just said dave confirmed in that video that in order to be a supercarrier it must have 7+ launch
>>
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2016/11/dropfleet-scourge-insight-by-master.html

In chambers we trust
>>
>>50398630
>Chambers playing best fleet
Nice
>>
>>50398630
God damn I'm hype for my shipping notification. My PHR are looking nice, but now I'm ready for a bit of everything. Scourge in particular look really fun.
>>
In good news, I'm pretty certain to be getting a load of spaceships for christmas, which will let me assemble my reconquest fleet. I've also managed to get a couple of friends interested in the game as well.
>>
New update, Hawk has made progress but shipping is still going on. 1 or 2 more weeks based on their current rate, but let's hope it speeds up.
>>
>page 10
Wew
>>
>>50406419
>Again
Lads pls
>>
>>50408754
Holiday weekend here in Burgertown, hard to post about anything of substance away from the craft table and without any big announcements.
>>
>>50409148

Especially after the disappointing latest update
>>
So after browsing the rulebook, I was unable to find anything about what to do if the flightpeg of a ship is exactly between two arcs? I know it's unlikely to happen, but..what do?
>>
>>50410015
Technically speaking, the probability of a point coinciding with a line is almost zero. Pragmatically speaking, if lacking surveyor tools, either agree with your opponent which arc the ship lies in, or flip a coin if an agreement cannot be reached.
>>
I've had a shipping label created notice for almost two weeks now... Still hasn't fucking shipped. DAVE.
>>
>>50410218

Mines still saying Processing.
>>
>tfw house getting sold out from under me
>tfw can't continue to work at my snails pace on my starter set because my tables, chairs, desks are all being packed up and shipped out
>tfw come home to find my paints and spaceships got packed up and shipped out too

So do I attempt to build a nuclear device in the basement, order another starter set in panic, or try and wait patiently to see if this can be resolved?
>>
>>50410913
>>tfw house getting sold out from under me
>>tfw come home to find my paints and spaceships got packed up and shipped out too
Jesus fuck, what happened anon? Is this an eviction or something, or a planned move?
>>
>>50411105
Planned move, mostly. Movers took some extra boxes.
>>
>>50410218
I work for a fairly large company, fuckups like that are not anything unusual, and we don't have the excuse of being 3 people and a dog for a whole team. I'd only worry if you're british, cause british delivery companies are the worst in Europe at this point.
>>
File: Scourge.jpg (140KB, 526x401px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge.jpg
140KB, 526x401px
Finished a test model for my scourge, I've been struggling for like a week trying to get a scheme sorted and in the end I've just done for something simple.
Only downsides are it's somewhat mono colour and it doesn't photograph well.
>>
>>50412754

You need another color. Maybe take a glaze and change the lighter blue to a purple or something.
>>
>>50412754
How do?
>>
>>50412809
I think I'll do the tips of the fins another colour, probably purple like you suggested.
>>50412816
Spray Armypainter platemail, green wash. The blue that's not really visible is ghost tiny Plasma Fluid.
>>
>>50412816
Its a really simple effect; metallic basecoat and then wash/glaze of a color of your choice. Tried out a vallejo silver base and emerald wash on infinity models and that shit was BRIGHT.

>>50412854
You could go for an iridescent beetle look with a deep purple if the blue looks good with the ol eyeball mk.1 .
>>
>>50412754
a number of good ideas already suggested, but you could also do the blue you did on the underside of the arms and I think that would look pretty good.
>>
>>50412854
How does putting on the wash work? Do you have to do it loads of times, or is it one layer?
>>
>>50414309
Don't know how that anon does it, but I do a base coat, single wash/glaze, then dry brush. Depends on the pigmentation density of the wash.

Do a single layer, let it dry, if its good enough yay, if not then add another one, repeat.
>>
>>50414482
How do you wash? Is it like, just dip it in, or do you have to paint it on special?
>>
>>50414913
>Is it like, just dip it in, or do you have to paint it on special?
Just paint it on anon; get a relatively good amount on your brush (watered down to the desired opacity) and chuck it on, being careful to not get any bubbles.

Dipping is for lazy plebs and historical wargamers.
>>
>>50414913
TL:DR listen to >>50414951

So this is where it gets murky because the definitions and the actual materials have changed over time.

Wash/Ink/Glaze not only refer to the colored fluids you want to apply to a surface, but also the technique in applying them.

Read this thread for a better idea as it has pictures and shit. http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/410021.page
>>
File: 15062962762_b8fd7c9649_b.jpg (97KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
15062962762_b8fd7c9649_b.jpg
97KB, 1024x681px
>>
>>50416659
What a gorgeous pair of models.
>>
>>50416659
Nice
>>
>>50416659
honestly really like the 1950s/1940s bomber aesthetic the Albatross has, would love to see a crazy gunship/bomber variant of it.
>>
File: IMG_0335.jpg (27KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0335.jpg
27KB, 350x277px
>stuck in the airport when I could be at home painting sweet ships
>/dcg/ is dead as a doornail
I wish I had photoshop on this thing, I'd rather be making memes or demo game fliers instead of blog posting.

Anybody have some silly Dropuniverse ideas I could doodle? Disclaimer: I am not an artist.
>>
>>50422670
Ramming action. Like a smoking Taipei blasting full thrust towards some scourge cruiser. Maybe a part of a pic showing the bridge, with solemn officers gripping their control screens, which all show alarm signs etc. Good night, and Godspeed, rest of the fleet.
>>
>>50422607
You mean like the Eagle but on steroids?
>>
>>50422670
Commander DIRK HARDPECK surfing his giant roboscoropion through atmospheric entry. He doesn't need a drop pod, he just gets underneath it and squats to soften the landing.
>>
>>50422670

Scourge Battleship behind the Darius HUGE BATTLESHIP IS APPROACHING sign.
>>
File: stop_penis_erect_archer.gif (901KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
stop_penis_erect_archer.gif
901KB, 500x281px
>>50422796
>>
>>50422796
Taipeis can't ram bro :(
>>
>>50422796
>Ramming in space
REEEE
On the other hand, shipwide last stands in space are 10/10 drama - the Donnager battle in the TV adaptation of Leviathan Wakes give me serious chills. I've got zero skill drawing human figures, but it's a concept deserving some good art.

>>50422914
I can't help but think of Grand Vizier Blast Hardcheese and FLYING LAND RAIDER having a pose-off in free fall. Time for mech doodles!

>>50422961
I love it. With corvettes being a mystery, what's your pick for the best ship to fill in for the standard SHMUP fighter?

Thanks guys, making with the creativity. I'll post shitty doodles when I have something worthy.
>>
>>50425590
>I love it. With corvettes being a mystery, what's your pick for the best ship to fill in for the standard SHMUP fighter?

Taipei: Small, one hit will kill it, furious close range firepower and it looks cool.
>>
>>50422845
yeah, im thinking like maximum AC-130 gunship tier
>>
>>50424456
>Taipei-chan will never be witnessed
>Taipei-chan will never be shiny and chrome
What a terrible fate.
>>
Must be nice to be playing games already. I don't even have any fucking models.
>>
>>50427536
160 left and your one of the few the proud the dead fucking last
>>
>>50427536
>>50427766
s-same here; atleast we have retail stuff, right guys :,^)
>>
File: IMG_0286.png (190KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286.png
190KB, 300x420px
>>50427817
>ordered retail the day after it came off preorder
>got ships a week later
>haven't even finished painting them all
Still worth it
>>
Another Fleetless Commodore reporting in, checked my order number on the pledge manager just to double check I didnt fuck up my address or something.

>Order #5325
>There are only 3918 backers

I...what...how?
>>
>>50428382
Late backers, senpai
>>
>>50428516
Different anon. I was not a late backer and still don't have my space toys. WTF is this?
>>
>>50428671
Being a late backer or not doesn't effect when you get your stuff. Pretty sure that anon just means that late backers are counted in order numbers.
>>
>tfw want to send Hawk an email and see if I'm just one of the unlucky fuckers at the back of the line, or if I accidentally fell through the cracks of their system
>tfw don't want to bother them with even MORE emails than they're already getting
what do, lads?
>>
>>50430444
I'm in the same boat. Give em two more weeks before politely prodding is what I say.
>>
>>50430545
>decide to give them a poke anyways since I have a deadline coming up in about two and a half weeks where I won't be able to receive mail for three weeks
>get a response in three hours that I have indeed not shipped, and will be so
That response time is unusually prudent for Hawk.
>>
>>50432715
I've heard mixed reports.
>>
>>50433654

Hawk is only like 6 people.

SInce the kickstarter shipments (or lack thereof kek) started, there hasn't been enough personnel. It isn't really a good measure.

There used to be a pretty quick response time for all product related questions.

The forum related questions were pretty slow.
>>
File: 785236457.jpg (104KB, 623x318px) Image search: [Google]
785236457.jpg
104KB, 623x318px
>mfw too cold and damp to spraypaint the basecoats on my ships
>no brush-on primer either

This is a special sort of hell - to have what you've desired for so long, but have no means of completing them.
>>
>>50434304
I'm in a similar situation. You might just have to take the plunge and spraypaint indoors, and ventilate right after. Or find a big open heated indoor space like a garage and do it there. I'm leaning for the latter option, myself.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good let's play or tutorial vid how to play Dropfleet Commander?

Preferable on 2man starter box.
>>
>>50436950

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j89Q-ZxNF94
>>
>>50437336
thank you!
>>
>64 posters
>the you remember when these threads just started and were 15 or 20 posters
>>
>>50437512
Praise the Sphere.
>>
>>50437512
Its nice. I remember the threads during the kickstarter. everything was so exciting.
>>
>>50438351
>when posters used to think that the Shaltari battleship was turreted
>>
>Facebook group still trying to convince them selves that the Perseus is good.,
>>
File: IMG_0591.png (78KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0591.png
78KB, 500x264px
>>50439454
But it's so flexible, anon.
>>
>>50440712
And it's suboptimal at all those flexible roles.
>>
If you had to triple-down on only one 'Combat' PHR cruiser class, what would you pick? Assuming you're fielding (X) points, so you'd have more of the cheaper types.

Theseus?
Ajax?
Orion?
The gun-armed troopship?

---

FYI: So far, I'm not impressed with the Ikarus. Go Bellaraphon or go Home.
>>
>>50441160
Can't choose between the Theseus and the Orion tbqh; the former is perfectly flexible against most targets, but the latter is just solid.
>>
>>50441160

Fuck you had to include the Orpheus didn't you

Orion. It's the big hammer with no real weaknesses. I can use it + specialty ships to make a kick ass fleet and I can fit it into any non-joke list, no sweat.

Any of the others are fantastic, especially the Theseus
>>
>>50437512
Honestly, I am a latecomer because I didn't want to make the jump as I have substantial Firestorm collection..and then the last year there's been barely any development there, and no attempts to fix imbalances save for "3rd ed is incoming" nonsense. Now I have the starter box, and I remember again why Chambers is an amazing ruleswriter.
>>
>>50441160
Orion seems the most versatile, so that one.

Ikarus seems alright though. Remember that PHR has no other way to deal with Scourge CA, and broadside groups won't exactly be hanging back. I know you ballsacks see doing anything but shitting out bombers all day as heresy, but fighters have merit and 8 extra PD can mean the difference between life and death for a ship. Think of them as your own Jakarta, except with a decent number of guns and the ability to deliver another 4 2+ shots at the end of the turn if they don't need to protect anyone.
>>
File: 34534745135.jpg (27KB, 202x364px) Image search: [Google]
34534745135.jpg
27KB, 202x364px
>>50442556
This is why I always include an Andromeda or two in every list - one bomber ain't diddly, but one fighter's worth of PD can be the difference between a thorough, unwrapped "I'm Going In Dry" pounding, and a light but survivable dicking.

Assuming you roll worth a shit of course. Few things cause that sort of deep, heartfelt pain like watching all those extra PD dice miss.
>>
>>50442556
Ikarus strikes me as just being downright inferior for similar cost to say, a Seattle. Cross-faction, I know. But here:

Seattle has much more gun and CAW firepower, comparable toughness (1 HP difference), and superior strike craft capability (1 extra squadron more than equalizes stat difference).

I'd probably rather pony up points for a Belleraphon to have both a big carrier and a laser boat in one somewhat pricier package.
>>
>>50442799
PHR doesn't get the Seattle, and Bell is meant to stay at the back and so can't provide fighters for a broadside group in a timely fashion. Ikarus will be inside a broadside group anyway, so if they're positioned well she'll be able to go weapons free on multiple occasions.

And 17 points may not be a full ship, but it's still a significant price difference. There's a reason the Seattle is a bit better.
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.