[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: North America is a Tolkienesque fantasy setting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 37

File: tD8HTT1.jpg (652KB, 2200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tD8HTT1.jpg
652KB, 2200x1500px
ITT: North America is a Tolkienesque fantasy setting.
>>
>>50309413
I look forward to America being fully fleshed out with plenty of detail for every state and city while all of Canada becomes "Generic Ice Land with Ice Barbarians"
>>
>>50309489
Now that's the spirit!
>>
>>50309489
At least you don't live in the Ohio Woodlands.
Fun Fact:
Ohio is Elven for Gross, Bug- Infested Bowl.
>>
File: 1388867749097s.jpg (7KB, 246x249px)
1388867749097s.jpg
7KB, 246x249px
>>50309600
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (563KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
563KB, 1920x1080px
Druid activity in northern California would be off the charts.
>>
>>50309413
>Upper Peninsula nothing but solid forest.

Yeah, that's pretty much correct.
>>
The sheer vast emptiness of the Plains would make for a good area for encounters. You could see anything approaching from miles away.
>>
>>50309489
We can't miss the opportunity for dwarf voyageurs and lumberjacks.
>>
>>50309413
Do I get to have buddy cop adventures with a sasquatch?
>>
File: Fantasy_Setting_Do_Not_Steal.jpg (1MB, 2592x3600px) Image search: [Google]
Fantasy_Setting_Do_Not_Steal.jpg
1MB, 2592x3600px
>>50309413
I wonder if we could have an adventure path where the PCs ride a boat up and/or down the Mississippi.

We could have some absolutely gigantic hexcrawls. The PCs could be exploring the Louisiana Purchase, fending off attacks from bears, hunting for pelts, trying to convince native peoples to join the union, documenting all the cool natural stuff they find. They could also be part of some of the first colonists' attempts to map everything out, or explorers going through the west looking for gold. For the best effect, one would probably have to zoom in on a particular region and put in an absurd level of historical, ecological, and geographic detail.

Then there's also the possibility of having the PCs be a fictionalized irregular force in the revolution, going around stabbing redcoats and setting buildings on fire for the duration of the war. Or have a similar idea going on in the French and Indian war too, which could be fun because it's not as well-explored in fiction.

If we're including central america, there's loads of cool stuff to do there. Doubly so if we include fictional monsters, spirits, and divine entities native to that region. We could have the PCs as a motley band of natives and migrants, going around fighting monsters and undesirables hailing from both sides of the Atlantic, including corrupt mercenary-captains, murderous high-chiefs, crazed inquisitors, and mad priests. Could even have central-american apocalypse myths play into it, where some stars start turning into gigantic monsters and threatening humanity itself.

It seems like there's enormous potential for RP in fantasy America.

we might as well have some fun before pol shows up
>>
We did this already.

8 years ago!

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/2436185/

I was in the damn threads!
>>
>>50309489
Canada really isn't all that interesting though. Hell, the most interesting (read: most unlike the American states that border it) part of the country barely even wants to be associated with it. Only Canadians would disagree with me.
>>
>>50310501
Newfags don't know of the works of the oldfags, thus things repeat.
>>
>>50309413
Whites = Elves
Jews = Dorfs
Mexicans = Hobbits
Blacks = Uruk-Hai
Indians = Orcs
? = Humans
? = Trolls

WHO IS TOM BOMBADIL?
>>
>>50310669
Oldest and Fatherless.
>>
It's as boring and hashed as America is right now

The End.
>>
>>50310669
>WHO IS TOM BOMBADIL?
Ron Paul.
>>
File: IMG_4366.png (350KB, 1090x1178px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4366.png
350KB, 1090x1178px
Xcrawl by goodman games has the North American Empire a pseudo modern fantasy setting where player characters are extreme athletes participating in television dungeon crawls for thousands of dollars in fabulous prizes.

The Running Man + D&D + Smash TV
>>
>>50310815
Where Canada is neatly carved up for American morons to feel special.

Always a pleasure.

I have a question. Why are Americans so fucking egocentric they need to center everything on them?

You're a super young state with no history so you tried to fill gaps with tall tales that don't sound very good.

You ever wondered why no "American fantasy" caught on?

Because Americans are the most boring people in the world, as is their country.

You can travel the length and bredth of the country, and it's all fundamentally the same, All that changes are superficial names of sandwiches.
>>
>>50310852
fuck off Canada, you're basically exactly the same as us except you pronounce words wrong
>>
>>50310852
Why does every other nation on Earth constantly think about us? Why are foreigners so uncaring about their own nations? Sad!
>>
>>50310852
>Where Canada is neatly carved up for American morons to feel special.
America is carved up as well, mate.

>Why are Americans so fucking egocentric they need to center everything on them?
Because they're the world's superpower and most of the media consumed globally is American? Even your shitty "artists" like CĂ©line Dion and your shitty """"""""""artists"""""""""" like Justin Bieber need to become famous in America before the rest of the world notices them.

>You're a super young state with no history
As opposed to a frozen tundra with no history?

>You can travel the length and bredth of the country, and it's all fundamentally the same
Oregon is more different from Texas than it is from BC, Maine is more different from California than it is from the Maritimes.
I'm not even America but I can fucking smell your butthurt. Shut up and accept that the rest of the world will always see you as Blue State Alaska.
>>
>>50310935
>>50311005

I'm not Canadian though. I just find your blatant need to try and dickwave Canada down a peg hilariously cute.

>>50310960
Because you're the richest nation in the world with the least richest History. The best you can muster are tribal scribblings But you went and near genocided them out of existence.

I mean look at this thread, What are people going to talk about

>Muh Swamp things
>Muh Bigfoot
>Muh Aliens
>Paul bunion and his big ass blue cow
>Muh Wendigos

And that's it, exhausted the shallow pool of Folkloric items Americans stew up and you're left with fuck all.

You ever wondered why Robert E. Howard based his Hyborian books on a Pre-historical World and not a "Fantasy America" Because he could never pull a JRR Tolkien. He simply did not have the raw material.

>Oregon is more different from Texas than it is from BC, Maine is more different from California than it is from the Maritimes.

They're literally not, Americans act the same with the same bland culture everywhere.
>>
>>50310852
>Where Canada is neatly carved up for American morons to feel special.

It's not like Canada is exempt from provinces wanting to meme themselves out of confederation. Quebec in particular, but we've also got to put up with fucking Alberta bitching and moaning all the time.
>>
>>50311027
>least richest History
most impoverished
>>
>>50311027
How triggered are you right now? Are you mad that we, with absolutely no history, are more important than you? Why are you so salty?
>>
>>50311027
>dickwave Canada down a peg
There isn't even a peg to knock Canada down from. Most people genuinely don't care.

>with the least richest History
Sounds like you're the dickwaving one. America's history is short indeed, but it is very clearly there and it's much deeper and more intricate than that of America. How about you actually bother reading a history book?

>Americans act the same with the same bland culture everywhere
That's not how America works. That's not even how a stereotype of America works. That's how a blatant strawman of America works.

With how much bullshit you're shitting out here you either have to be Canadian or Australian.
>>
>>50311027
>I'm not Canadian though. I just find your blatant need to try and dickwave Canada down a peg hilariously cute.

I am and I think you're being an oversensitive little bitch about a fictional setting that balkanizes federal states. Canada isn't some special snowflake country that's magically immune to division.
>>
>>50311053
>>50311061

Not at all, I concede America is a big important country.

But you have no culture, you simply filter others through your media like a gigantic Whale.

"American" culture is used as a joke all over the world, on the stockholm syndrome Japanese take any of it without laughing at it.

Fact is, your War for independence and your Revolutionary War are your biggest cultural achievements..
>>
>>50311090
>I'm not salty
>but I keep making long posts of pure butthurt

k
>>
>>50311085
No, But America naturally Balkanizes them into itself, not the other way around right?

It's never a two-way street is it? The Irony is cute to say the least.

>>50311097
I'm simply having a discussion. I'm not the one trying to prove the unprovable by having a thread going "Let's make an American fantasy setting guys"

And then it falls flat on it's ass because you have nothing.
>>
>>50311090

>But you have no culture

Maybe if we decide to filter out literally the entire industry of American media which has dominated the last century.

Of fucking course Americans can't pull on classical antiquity or medieval history (without trying to meme in native american shit) but to act like "America has no culture" is completely fucking nonsensical. It'd be like saying Rome has no culture because they piggeybacked on the Greeks and decided to integrate shit they liked from elsewhere.

Stop treating culture like some static bullshit that exists in a vacuum with no outside influence, healthy cultures DO "filter others through".

But you're incredibly buttblasted about Americans so nothing is going to change your mind. Go masturbate to a burning American flag.
>>
>>50311125
>'m not the one trying to prove the unprovable by having a thread going "Let's make an American fantasy setting guys"
No, you're the Canadian that had the gall to come in and talk about how Americans have no culture. Literally the only thing Canada is known for is poutine and for being a Chinese colony.

It fell flat because /tg/ is a slow board and this is a subject that has been done many other times.

This anon even linked to a thread from 8 years ago. >>50310501

Now, quit projecting like a little chink bitch.
>>
You don't have to reply.
>>
>>50311125
>No, But America naturally Balkanizes them into itself, not the other way around right?

the setting you're this mad about refers to a North American empire.

the United States of America is part of the North American continent.

as is Canada and Mexico.

you dipshit
>>
>>50310570
Really only the Quebecois would disagree with you.
>>
>>50311153
>Industry of America Media

Ah yes, like the Western films that ripped of Japanese films.

Or all the stories from other cultures they used.

Tell me, If America had a culture, what is it? What is "Distinctly American"

Besides being a vapid void that desperately tries to fill itself with outside culture.

>>50311161
>He starts throwing insults out
>He still thinks I am Canadian

The Typical American, when in doubt, double down on Stupidity.
>>
>>50310669
>WHO IS TOM BAMBADIL
Uncle Sam.
>>
>>50311184
And where is the Capital of the Empire bro?
>>
>>50311125

You're pretty naive if you think America shitting itself wouldn't mean Canada shits itself next. We're ridiculously tied to the US in terms of culture, economics, etc.

Just because so many Canadians make "We're not american!" a big part of their identity doesn't mean we're not very much like our southern neighbors, or that what goes on south of the border doesn't influence us significantly.

Hell, Trump getting elected resulted in an influx of fuckwits spraying swastikas and KKK signs all over my city. The fact that we need to put up with morons peddling the fucking Klan in Canada should tell you all you need to know about America's cultural currency here.
>>
>>50311177
I don't have to, but I want to.
>>
>>50311197
Oh, you're not a Canuck? I missed that part of the thread. The rest of my post still stands. This is a topic that has been done to death. You're just salty because reasons.
>>
>>50311233
Perhaps when you Americans can not shit out piss poor Twitch-chat insults maybe I'd hold you in higher regard.

>>50311215
Are you implying I give a shit about you Canada? You're just as bad if not worse because you actually suffer Knock off french people to look down on the rest of you.
>>
>>50311197
>Ah yes, like the Western films that ripped of Japanese films.

Or the Japanese animation industry that ripped off the American animation industry. Let's not just try and imagine shit like Disney doesn't exist. Or the fact that the western movies, despite being influenced by Japanese movies, are about the AMERICAN FUCKING WEST. Cowboys and that entire western culture are distinctly American (or at the very least north American).

Even "ripped off" stuff is culture. America is a country of people FROM OTHER PLACES who brought what they had and amalgamated it into other shit, that's still culture, it doesn't need to be special snowflake unique 100% from here, you'll find a lot of French shit in England and vice versa too because (surprise) they influenced one another over the course of their history. Or are you going to start moaning about cultural appropriation next?
>>
>>50311259
Well, maybe if you weren't so blatantly butthurt we wouldn't belt out insults? Try actually having a conversation instead of HERP DERP MURICANS HAS NO CULTURES ITS ALL DA SAME OVER DER.

We are calling you salty/mad/butthurt because it is painfully obvious that you ARE salty/mad/butthurt. Deny it all you want, but it comes through plain as day in your posts.
>>
>>50311259
>Are you implying I give a shit about you Canada?

>Are you implying I give a shit about you Canada?

Enough to start indignantly bitching and moaning because someone balkanized Canada so you can grind your axe with America, you fucking child.
>>
>>50311267
>Disney

Fancy drawing pictures. Nice European Stories though.

Oh and do tell me how that vapid hole of culture called Hollywood is so Enlightening.

The fact that America didn't bring along culture, it just whitewashed itself with a blanket corporate ideal.

When people think of America they think of McDonalds and over-zealous gun use.

>>50311288
What discussion do you want? I can argue your "Culture" all day but you'll just get mad at the truth and cry like the American you are.

>>50311303
Only to stab at America really, the fetid beast that wallows in it's own cultural filth.
>>
>>50311323
>What discussion do you want?
How about what the thread was about, you asshat.
>>
>>50311027
>The best you can muster are tribal scribblings But you went and near genocided them out of existence.
Canada treats its Natives every bit as terribly as America does.
>>
>>50311343
I already explains your entire "Fantasy" culture of America here though >>50311027

Or am I wrong where everything in America is a Cryptid, an alien or a demon with little story about them besides "And then it showed up"

>>50311363
Yeah I forgot about the Canadian Trail of Tears bro. Handwaving Genocide as "But Canadians don't give them much monies" is hilarious and exactly the point I was making.
>>
>>50311323
>Fancy drawing pictures.

Adorable.

>Nice European Stories though.

Like Mulan or Pochahontas etc. Hell, are we going to start pretending the Europeans weren't ripping each other off? Or that the Americans don't share the cultural heritage of Europeans seeing as a significant number of them are fucking Europeans who moved to America? Are we going to conveniently start ignoring westerns now that you realized they're literally about the expansion in the American west in the 19th century? Yeah that's kind of inconvenient for your shitty argument, isn't it?

>When people think of America they think of McDonalds and over-zealous gun use.

So? You can come up with negative stereotypes for basically any country on fucking earth, Americans are just the pinata because they're on top right now.

>Hollywood is so Enlightening.

So culture has to be enlightening? If we want to start talking about scientific advancement we can break out the google search of American inventions and you can start shifting the goalposts further.

You're so horrifically buttblasted at Americans, it's kinda sad you're trying to pretend you're not.

Where are you from, anyway? If you're not ashamed to admit it, which you probably are.
>>
>>50311391
Well, since its a fantasy sure you might be right, but that sounds a little fucking boring doesn't it?
>>
>>50311406
>Mulan

So ripping china off, ok.

>Pochahontas

Thems were Europeans jack.

>So? You can come up with negative stereotypes for basically any country on fucking earth, Americans are just the pinata because they're on top right now.

That's the thing, you can't think of good things in Americans either

>>50311408
So now you know my point.
>>
He must be from europe to be this assblasted.
>>
Just look at how this thread is going versus how the same topic from 8 years ago turned out: >>50310501

/tg/ is dead

4chan is dead
>>
>>50311458
>Thems were Europeans jack.

Colonial history is now 100% European, but not American at all

ok friend. You're not going to change your mind, you've got your axe to grind so you can masturbate furiously tonight about how awful America is. You won't even acknowledge that bitching and moaning about "MUH CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!" is a shitty argument against culture. Start masturbating over the fall of the Roman empire next because they were just as good at "ripping off" other cultures as America is, and the rest of Europe's been "ripping off" Roman culture for centuries. And the fact you're considering Europe as a whole, rather than individual European countries, is also kind of funny. Perhaps "european culture" has been too full of European countries "ripping each other off" for most of their history that it provides an awkward argument if you try to talk about any particular one.
>>
>>50311486
Care to refute me then?

I'm perfectly open for you to prove me wrong.
>>
>>50311458

>Where are you from, anyway? If you're not ashamed to admit it, which you probably are.
>>
>>50311516
Confirmed assblasted european. Heck i think he may be from eastern europe or russia.
>>
>>50311090
>Fact is, your War for independence and your Revolutionary War are your biggest cultural achievements.

How cute, he thinks that all we've accomplished culturally.

Look deeper to the empire we've formed. You'll hate us even more I assure you.

>>50311391

Your ignorance on the country you're sperging out against is showing anon. Please go back and do your homework. You're simply bringing up the most obvious of any "American" thing because that's all you know.
>>
>>50311513
I'm not even mad at America. It's just, do you seriously consider rgurgitated stories from Hollywood and shallow false traditions as anything dramatic?

Or better yet, anywhere interesting enough to base a fantasy setting on.

America is a beautiful place, but every city is a grey blocky mass or Faux-French colonial buildings.

I mean how would a Fantasy America look if not just a single landmass European Fantasy?

>>50311532
>>50311551

We know how this'll turn out. I explain where I am from, you take turns trying to pick at the CURRENT situation of my country and deny any heritage it has because you're Americans, who are driven only by ego.

It's Ireland by the way.
>>
File: christianity.jpg (37KB, 945x300px) Image search: [Google]
christianity.jpg
37KB, 945x300px
>>50311458

>yfw the Europeans ripped off the Jews and spent the last 1,700 years wallowing in it and stamping out their own "distinct" pagan religions which may or may not have also largely ripped off eastern cults

Culture sure is fucked.
>>
>>50311559
If assblasted-anon is from russia then its even worse.
>>
>>50311516
Nigga you've been refuted like twenty times in this thread already, you're just too dumb or stubborn to care.

You are the reason Europeans are looked down upon in America, and why nobody listens to what they have to say.
>>
File: 1451354390800.jpg (38KB, 450x495px) Image search: [Google]
1451354390800.jpg
38KB, 450x495px
>>50311585
>It's Ireland by the way.

Glass houses my friend.

Why don't you regale me with some unique Irish culture.
>>
>>50311597
Oh, do point out these out going

>Nuh uh America has culture look at these stories based on other cultures

Let's be honest America-kun. Europeans are not looked down upon in America.
>>
>>50311559
>It's Ireland by the way.

Dude, that's even worse, given how hugely important Irish-Americans are in American culture, and how they were both Irish AND American.

Goddamn, its sad how little you know.
>>
>>50311585
>assblasted
>ireland

HAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK THIS FUCKING HILARIOUS.
>>
File: [INTENSE CONCERN].jpg (120KB, 1000x703px) Image search: [Google]
[INTENSE CONCERN].jpg
120KB, 1000x703px
>>50311618
>Europeans are not looked down upon in America.

...you've never been to America, have you?
>>
>>50311585
>I'm not even mad at America.

Let's not act like you're fooling anyone but yourself.

>and shallow false traditions as anything dramatic?

How do you define false traditions? Are you saying that inherited traditions don't count? Are Europeans allowed to draw on Roman heritage? Can any European country claim a heritage in something they shared with other European countries? Can Americans not claim a heritage from Europe considering their country was formed from European colonialism?

Fantasy America is mostly troublesome because most American culture draws from a European background, and most fantasy is based in medieval or earlier. So no shit it's going to be derivative. Almost all culture is derivative. But even in regards to fantasy America, you've been grinding an entirely different axe for most of this thread by shitflinging at America in general.
>>
>>50311605
He cant. Too much british influence
>>
>>50311659
He is shitflinging at Canada too. Double trouble.
>>
>>50310669

>hurr whites = elves

fuck off
>>
>>50311618

>Europeans are not looked down upon in America.

Outside of colleges and blue cities yes they are I assure you.

Here anon have some homework. Read into american and native american folk lore. Read about mexican folk lore. Hell read about southern folk lore. Next go look up American cultural impacts when it comes to technology and our manipulation of the world on a grand stage.

There's countless inspiration to draw on for fantasy setting. You're just too ignorant to see it.
>>
>>50311605
Well, there is Gaelic, a traditional Irish Language.

Ireland managed to resist the Romantic occupation the rest of the British isles ( besides scotland ) had suffered and in fact Invaded Scotland After the Roman's left.

The Brand of Christanity Ireland also adopted was heavily influenced by early Pagan history And it's one of the most solid foundations of Celtic History we have.

We have our own Gods, Foundation Myth, Founding hero of the Irish people, even fantasy races like the Formosians and so forth.

The Irony of >>50311662
Is not lost, because Early Northumbiran History is paved with Irish saints and Bishops, while in Turn, the Northunbrian saint, Saint Patrick is our Patron Saint.

See, it's rather easy to make a Fantays setting out of Ireland.

>>50311638
Well, considering my voice alone seems to get me mad American pussy, it's rather amusing.
>>
>>50309489
A good portion of Canida is only good for mining, lumbering, and if you really invest enough food production if you're fine with it only being a 4 to 5 month season of anything. The places where people live are honestly tax drains/parasitic on the rest of the Canadian economic process because they only thing they have going is people can live comfortably there and produce nothing for export. Ice land barbarians with barley a smidgen of norse ideas would fit and be more interesting than "Yeah here they can actually trade surplus food otherwise basically at the whims of winter" "Here they trade out excess iron so they can reliably survive winter" "Here they can float logs down the river 4 months of the year before they are at the mercy of what they did for winter" and "These assholes tax the rest of the region because they can do shit when it's winter but have nothing of worth there".
>>
>>50311090
Canadian culture is less than a joke, it's a cross between what they cribbed from the quebecois and "america with the queen"
>>
>>50311659
Any moron whose Great Grand-dad went to Ameirca from ireland claims to be an Irish-American.

Knowing fuck all about his heritage besides the colour green and being a useless layabout.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 305x185px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 305x185px
Allow me to summarize half the fucking posts in this thread

> Be American
> know nothing about Canadian history
> conclude this lack of knowlage is because there is nothing to know
> smugly post about how nothing has happened in Canada ever
> go back to discussing the fascinating history of Wyoming or some shit
>>
>>50311703
>Well, considering my voice alone seems to get me mad American pussy, it's rather amusing.

Does it now? Because if you spoke about America or Americans like how you're doing now to an Americans face, you'd get the shit knocked out of you and do nothing but confirm most peoples prejudices.

Foreigners tend to get women pretty easily (unless you're Asian) but I can tell you for a fact that most people view Europeans as being arrogant snobs (which you are).

The only thing that MIGHT save you is that you're Irish, and the Irish are an important part of American heritage in the South and NE.
>>
>>50311585
Lad, I'm Northern Irish, and you're being shit craic.
High Fantasy by way of America has potential, just look at the Americana thread that was up a few days ago
>>
>>50311797
You're forgetting the buttblasted Irishman.
>>
>>50311267
> it doesn't need to be special snowflake unique 100% from here
Only white people say this because white people can't understand how painful it is for another culture to just come along knock you to near extinction level of population then wear the corpse of your culture like a costume for a week before they get bored of it, like their ancestors did with their own fucking culture. White people can't even keep their own fucking culture alive they're in a loop of import, water down, smash it with pagen/science/christian shit for neo,revived,new age, and what other bullshit you want to call it then cast it off in two years after people forgot what they originally appropriated for it.
>>
>>50309600
>implying that ANYTHING can live in Ohio, human or arthropod
>>
>>50309413
>terra libera
>that's what clapistanis actually believe
>>
>>50311821
Pretty sure the only thing stopping me is most Americans are either 5"2 or fat and unhealthy.
>>
>>50311829
There is literally nothing in America that is interesting, besides maybe the Landscape.

Is that what you want to use?
>>
File: Salt.png (8KB, 375x86px) Image search: [Google]
Salt.png
8KB, 375x86px
>>50310960
>Why does every other nation on Earth constantly think about us?
I'm starting to think they're tsundere for us.

>We might teach your language to our kids
>and watch all the movies you make
>and listen to your music
>and play the games you like
>and dress just like you
>and eat your favorite food
>..... and practice your form of government
>........and move to your country :)
>B-but don't get the wrong idea mister!!!!
>St-stupid uncultured f-f-foreigner!

It was a good thread at the beginning though.
>>
>>50311850

>Only white people say this because white people can't understand how painful it is

You're right. We don't because our history much like the asians, and arabs has so far been one of rampant success. Only ours has been in the limelight for a long time.

But a racist like you wouldn't grasp that. Back to fucking /pol/ with you.
>>
>>50311917
>Why do people think Americans are loud egotistical buffons
>Because we need to prove that to them every time.
>>
>>50311909

>There is literally nothing in America that is interesting

Nothing more than opinion. That's like americans saying canadian history is uninteresting when to be honest it very much is they just don't care to learn it.

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>50311933
It's okay, foreigner-chan. We love you too.
>>
>>50311850
>White people

To which particular "white people" are you referring? Because if you think that all Americans of European descent somehow magically "got along" and liked each other in the US you are VERY sorely mistaken.

Furthermore, pretty much every culture ever (including pretty much every European one) has had a major invasion/purge that greatly damaged their societies and caused massive cultural loss. Most "white people" who came to America did so because the alternative back "home" was cultural eradication or death for being political/religious/ethnic dissidents. You think the Irish WANTED to come to America in droves originally? Fuck no. They felt they didn't have a choice, though, because Ireland fucking sucked at the time, and it was that or die of starvation or English hate. You think the Germans wanted to come to Texas and the Midwest? Hell no, but they did because their nation was in a constant state of warfare and/or political upheaval, and they were likely of one of the various ethnic groups that lost the various power struggles. You think the Finns moved to the Midwest in droves for funsies? Nope! Turns out Russians and Swedes are kind of racist dicks. Italians fled the Fascists, Spaniards fled the Flu, Greeks fled the Turks, French fled the Nazis, the Jews fled everybody - America was built on people running away from Europe, and in America they forged their unique identities into something new and unique.

It's a telling sign of cultural hegemony when your culture is the one that you define yourself as NOT being a part of, rather than being your own special thing.
>>
>>50311909
Are we counting Native shit?
If not, you've still got the whole Frontier/Pioneer spirit (in fact I'd go so far to say that in the West, "The Frontier" is a concept closely linked to America)
>>
>>50311949
But there isn't. there literally isn't.

You can't make fantasy monsters.
You can't have Fantasy races
Everything would only be guns

I mean, the idea of a Fantasy Analogue to America would be cool.

But a Literal Fantasy America would be shit.
>>
>>50311909
>There is literally nothing in America that is interesting,

If you can't find something interesting in a country almost the size of the European continent and that is half wilderness, then it is YOU who are not interesting.
>>
>>50312016
>Besides maybe the Landscape

Oh look, you didn't listen, besides, very little is in America that wasn't already in Europe. Pretty Ironic really.
>>
>>50309489
No one ever cares about Utah
>>
>>50312031
>Pretty Ironic really.

How is it ironic that a place settled in large part by Europeans has many European features?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 301x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 301x500px
I'm gonna make a vague attempt to bring this thread back on track and hazard a guess that no one disagrees that the natives would be elves.
>>
>>50311992
Well, the Irish who went to America were inbred Catholics, no loss there.

On the flip side, an Irishmen defeated napoleon. But those IRA traitors won't praise that part of our history will they?
>>
>>50312008
>You can't make fantasy monsters.
>what are Skinwalkers
>what are Wendigoes
>what is the New England Satan/Devil
>what are Night People
>what is Mothman
>what is Bigfoot
>what are Children of the Night
>what are Thunderbirds

They even have their own versions of Dragons.

Nigga you dumb.
>>
File: Hospitaller_colonization.png (53KB, 1123x603px) Image search: [Google]
Hospitaller_colonization.png
53KB, 1123x603px
It's only tangentially related to the thread, but might as well bring it up:

For a very brief period, the Knights of Saint John - i.e., the Order of Malta, the Knights Hospitallers - owned some French territories in the Caribbean. In real history, it oversaw them for about a decade before giving them back to France, but what if history had gone differently, and the knightly order tried to get into the colonial game in the name of God?
>>
>>50312040
Unless it's a Mormon Theocracy
Which is what I'm planning to run it as, sue me
>>
>>50312060
Wasn't this the plot of part of Age of Empires 3?
>>
>>50312059
>Literally explained this further in the thread.

Oh look.

Cryptids, Aliens and Native American stuff.

Congrats, you showed EVERY SINGLE THING you can do in an American fantasy.
>>
>>50312060
...They get crushed by the bigger Political powers.

The end. Wow that was relevant.
>>
>>50312031
>very little is in America that wasn't already in Europe.

t. Somebody who went to LA/SF/NY once and thinks they've experienced America
>>
>>50312077
>Cryptids, Aliens and Native American stuff.

The difference between that and "fantasy monsters" is hair-splitting at BEST.

I think you just want to justify your hate-boner of America and are grasping at straws.

People like you are the reason the opinions of Europeans are generally ignored in America.
>>
>>50312077

>Cryptids, Aliens and Native American stuff.

If you're eliminating native American stuff and stuff that came from American settlers that doesn't leave a lot of fucking options does it?
>>
>>50312008

Look up american cryptids, folk legends surrounding people and criminals, indian tribe folk tales of trickster gods and great beasts.

>You can't have Fantasy races
Base tropes around american sub-cultures pertaining to regions, tribes, and states. So easy.
>Everything would only be guns
Your ignorance is showing

What's sad anon is the fact that this is what you're doing with your time. You know you're wrong and yet you keep posting trying desperately to either troll or save your sinking ship.

God you must be a worthless faggot.
>>
>>50312099
Oh.

>Wolves
>Bears
>Mountain Lions
>Eagles
>Deer
>Badgers
>Foxes
>Porcupines
>Vultures
>>
>Unknown Armies

There, problem solved. American Fantasy.
>>
>>50312096
Come on on anon, you gotta try. It's not like the Dutch were wiped off the map, even though they weren't large.
>>
>>50312138
>Look up Generic cryptids
>Or criminals
>Or generic shamanistic spirits

>Every race is humans with either a cowboy hat on or has a banjo.

>Can't even answer the guns one

What an extremely unique and wide fantasy you have there.
>>
>>50312008
>You can't have Fantasy races

Only if you're qualifying fantasy as tolkienesque European medieval fantasy, in which case no shit.
>>
>>50312173
The Dutch held fantastic Naval power able to go toe to toe with the British merchant fleets.

The Knights Hospitaler were literally renting space from the french in the region.
>>
>>50312077
> You can't do anything in an Aboriginal Setting!
Here are several thing you can do
> ...y-yea. But those are the ONLY things!

BTW anyone read those "Haunted Canada" books?
>>
>>50312188
>here is your fantasy monster
>It's a generic humanoid with random animal parts or it's a zombie.
>Or it's a big bird that shits lightning
>And half of them have no history, they just show up
>The other half are Cannibals.
>Also you can't kill them because Spoopy story.
>>
>>50312230
But the Abbos have the dream-time and all the different named Spirit-things that have traits. But yeah, not much to base an interesting fantasy setting on.

Unless it's huffing gasoline.
>>
>>50312174

>Debates every other point but not that he's a worthless faggot.
>Doesn't care to refute his ignorance on the gun comment

Gee anon, a mighty deep hole you're digging yourself here.
>>
>>50311512
Long live 4chan
>>
>>50312065
If you isolationist policies, Deseret alphabet, relatively peaceful relations with the Indians and methodically planned out colonizing if the Rockies I'm all in.

But having now read the whole thread I'm not sure I want to drag my state into this.
>>
File: After_The_End_Screenshot.jpg (492KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
After_The_End_Screenshot.jpg
492KB, 1680x1050px
After the End, a mod for Crusader Kings 2, is pretty neat when it comes to ideas for a post-apocalyptic America. It isn't very realistic (Scientologist China/Japan-esque Californian Empire, Norse Minnesota, Occultist Tribalist New England, and a New Pope in St Louis), but it's pretty cool
>>
>>50312241

Are we talking about D&D here? Because it sounds like we're talking about D&D.

Most fantasy settings are 90% asspulls / random animal combinations / undead.
>>
File: image.jpg (156KB, 1544x869px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 1544x869px
>>50312287
Include *

Also my idea for the chupacabra
>>
>>50312174

If we're talking about generic are you not aware this criticism can be directed towards European fantasy with exactly the same validity?
>>
>>50312328
It only takes a few knocks to turn European Fantasy into something new and Interesting.

What exactly is fun about Skinwalkers? They're shamanistic werewolves or Changelings by another name.
>>
>>50312345

Because skinwalkers have a deep native american history behind them? That you conveniently leave out?
>>
>>50312287
>>50312301
>Deseret Alphabet
I had no idea this was a thing, thank you anon.
Also that Chupacabra is much creepier than the normal reptilian. I like it
>>
>>50311894
Yeah, and the Irish are perfect physical specimens.
>>
>>50312371
Thats Wedingos.

And Deep native American history?

>Evil spirit

Or

>Cannibal who becomes an Evil Spirit

Amazing fun, oh wait, boring shit because it's literally just a generic monster.

I mean even English Hags in Folklore have more to them.
>>
>>50310501
I like this

Missouri is a large town, and the most central urban area in the whole continent. Travelers crisscrossing America pass through it all the time, many stopping to rest near the Arches, a great white dome, through which the two major roads of Missouri intersect. A large grey obelisk stands nearby, a place for wanderers to pay respect to the dead, whomever they may be.

Famous musicians from all across America accommodate themselves in the town for a spell now and then, using its relative cosmopolitan but relaxed atmosphere to catch up on the latest in musical developments. At the same time they can practice new pieces in a bit of anonymity in one of the many taverns travelers frequent without risking reputations. No better place than a crossroads to try out your latest stuff.

Scribes meet biennially in Missouri, for they are in general too poor to travel much farther or to more expensive locales. They gather, share their new writings, discoveries and research. Between them and the minstrels Missouri boasts a higher than average number of educated persons for a town of its size. Their work in Missouri every other year is not regarded as important by many but them, but such work keeps all of America informed about changes throughout the continent.

But such persons do not translate to power, and the city's greatest man is a gangster by the name of P. Gast.. He keeps the peace, but is no true ruler like the great princes of Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, Los Angeles and so on.
>>
>>50312371
Don't bother talking with him. Honestly leaving that shit out is for the best. You have not seen the utter hatred of a native American looking at things like shadowrun and seeing their history turned into a fancy costume and neat rules for a game.
>>
>>50312436
I'm not Native American, I think Skinwalkers are boring shit. They're a cute ghost story, but you can't base a fantasy setting on them.

>>50312426
Wow, sounds boring as fuck.
>>
Pioneer culture is distinctly North American.

Everywhere else they had roots, We came from another place to here and set up shop.

That's why we're so damn multicultural. Everyone fucking came here to get a piece of the pie.
>>
>>50310570
Whatchu say about the Newfies?
>>
File: 1409600662091.jpg (18KB, 337x367px) Image search: [Google]
1409600662091.jpg
18KB, 337x367px
>>50312467

What excites you, anonymous?
>>
>Come into thread thinking people were going to talk American history and state history then create a fantasy version of it.
>Hey Americans have no history or culture or anything to make it a fantasy setting plus strawman from a European.

Fucking hell I just wanted to see a general consensus of how fantasy Arkansas turns out. I love the Irish who served in the civil war but fuck this prick and his shitposting
>>
>>50312496
>Pioneer culture is distinctly North America

Nigga, half the Pioneer equipment was made in England.
>>
>>50312536
It turns out with fucking nothing because Arkansas is a blank nothing.
>>
>>50312496
>So multicultural!
>All these white people
That's like mixing various alcohols and expecting a bacteria colony to grow in it. The only time American people got culture was from the native Americans, freed slaves, Mexican heritage, or Asian migration. Even historians won't bother looking at historical shit unless those groups were involved cause it's literally nothing worth looking at. Just an unchanging WASP culture they could just stick in notes from dead european historians.
>>
>>50312569
Fuck you Arkansas made Walmart. A huge battleground for the civil war, produces 50% of the rice in the US alone, trains the best C-130 pilots, Douglas Macarthur and fucking White Feather. And more.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>50312467
>I'm not European, I think elves are boring shit. They're a cute ghost story, but you can't base a fantasy setting on them.
>>
>>50312535
In my fantasy settings?

Rich teeming layers of culture upon culture. Being able to read through histories and mythologies alongside fantastical encounters and Adventures.

Something America would lack as every story would play out in exactly three scenarios

>Be pioneer
>Encounter Cryptid/Alien/Skinwalker

>Be Farmer
>Encounter Cryptid/Alien/Skinwalker

>Devils show up
>>
>>50312589
>The only time American people got culture was from the native Americans, freed slaves, Mexican heritage, or Asian migration.

Western culture is hegemonic, it being pervasive doesn't make it not exist. When you "get culture" from others and integrate it into the dominant culture they're unique because they're NOT the dominant culture. Only a retard takes this as evidence the dominant culture isn't fucking there.
>>
>>50312617
See, You say that, but it'll be wrong.

Elves have prose, they have different forms, they can be reasoned with or tricked, they have weaknesses and preferences, they have structure.

Skinwalkers do not.

>>50312612
>Arkansas is a big corporate shithole and a farm country
>We're important guys.

And literally no important history.
>>
>>50312617
Elves were just that until token made them magical proto white supremacists. Seriously orcs being corrupted "mud people" from their superior line should be easy enough to follow. It's why white people like elves so much. You don't see any other ethnicity going gaga over elves, same thing with lovecraft stories. White people are just attracted to racist ideas.
>>
>>50312589
You make it sound Niggers and Beaners had culture either.

Pretty hilarious mate.

Shallow tribalism mixed with Christanity, so exciting.

Do you celebrate Kwanza?
>>
>>50312618

>Rich teeming layers of culture upon culture. Being able to read through histories and mythologies alongside fantastical encounters and Adventures.

You literally said nothing here. This is the literal most broad, worthless, generic statement ever of "what I like" I've ever heard. You were incapable of drawing a single fucking concrete example of some element of these rich, teeming layers of culture on culture that you find compelling. What a vapid, brainless cunt you must be.
>>
>>50312618
>Something Europe would lack as every story would play out in exactly three scenarios
>>Be Knight
>>Encounter Troll/God/Dragon

>>Be Farmer
>>Encounter Troll/God/Dragon

>>Devils show up
>>
File: original.jpg (134KB, 736x1032px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
134KB, 736x1032px
>>50312661
>You don't see any other ethnicity going gaga over elves
>>
>>50312647
>Arkansas, no history
Nigga you what?
>>
>>50312687
>Can Debate or argue with Troll
>Can debate or argue with God
>Can debate or argue with Troll

Can't debate or argue with cryptids as they're basically animals, and Skinwalkers are feral spirits.
>>
>>50312621
White culture isn't white culture, it's watered down Arab and northern African cultures. Just look at it's religions and structures. You can try and argue Greece and Rome but they stole heavily from Egyptian ideas and totally appropriated Arabic math. Christian culture is the hilarious kicker cause even their religion doesn't even put them in the holy land. The only shit whites had couldn't' even be dug up and make sense or got turned into Thor comics as their legacy.
>>
>>50311922
>Back to fucking /pol/ with you.
>implying we want an antiwhite poster

We have enough Canadians as is desu.
>>
>>50312719

This entire thread is "x culture ripped off y culture" somehow completely missing the reality that cultures don't exist in a fucking vacuum and that cultures that did exist in isolation were almost universally shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 3000x3000px)
image.jpg
224KB, 3000x3000px
>>50312719
>>
>>50312719
Germanic culture is distinct from Semitic and Middle eastern culture and is a seperate branch of Indo-European.

Try again KANGZ
>>
>>50312743
This entire thread is a about a butthurt European shitposter
>>
>>50312758
Interesting you pick the place that is trying to commit cultural suicide with members of government saying it's a good thing there won't be native germans in a few decades.
>>
>>50312783

So? What does their retarded modern government have to do with the history of their culture?

If you had a city state that was democratic for 200 years and then became a tyranny does that magically mean they weren't democratic for 200 years?
>>
>>50312716
>Skinwalkers are feral spirits.
>In Navajo (Navajo: Diné) culture, a skin-walker (yee nahgloshii) is a type of witch who has the ability to turn into an animal, or to disguise themselves as an animal.
Nice meme.
>>
>>50312764
Actually, I'm just here to troll the thread.

Not even Irish, I'm from Yorkshire, England.

I've contributed in several American fantasy threads before, but they always go the same way, even worse with "Spoopy Skinwalkers".

Fantasy begets more than just encounters and namedropping. The biggest problem is people can't even figure out what they mean by a "Fantasy America"

If you want my serious input that is.

>>50312783
Interesting how that has no bearing on the Germanic cultural group, that is fucking VAST.
>>
File: 1478449411739.jpg (51KB, 599x563px)
1478449411739.jpg
51KB, 599x563px
This whole thread got derailed by one butthurt Irishman over generalizing things he has no knowledge about. This can't even be stupidity, its just plain shitposting.
>>
>>50312820
So a werewolf.
>>
>>50312865
>is a type of witch
>>
>>50312888
>That turns into an Animal
>Like a werewolf
>>
>>50312865

They have the common point of "turns into an animal" with the difference that in most fantasy shit being a werewolf is a curse that occurs on a full moon etc.

There's no reason you can't have a native american version with commonalities with werewolves, they came to the idea independent of one another. Might as well say werewolves ripped off skinwalkers if you want to do this nonsensical shit-flinging "WE DID IT FIRST!"
>>
>>50312904
>is a witch
Can you read?
>>
>>50312904

>turns into a wolf
>wolf
>wolves are also in continental indian lore
>wolves are animals
>animals are also in Chinese legend
>legend
>cultures have legends

It's almost like being a reductionist retard who oversimplifies shit to the very barest foundation means you can make literally anything sound exactly the same.
>>
>>50312806
It does mean they invented a goverment and enforced a culture out of thin air when they became a tyranny! Has there been any attempt to keep their cutlure? Nope because they pissed it away with the Nazis. It either got too mixed in with Nazis or got flushed down the drain when they came to power. Guess they burned too many folklore books or the people knew it was a shit faux attempt at a culture when it boils down to beer, sausage, and some silly costumes is what they are willing to show to the world.
>>
>>50312911
Well, I'm only here to shitpost until people decide on what the fuck they want, seeing as I know loads about Native American culture beyond the pisspoor generalisation Skinwalkers are. because shapeshifters are a huge subset of Native American culture.

So what is it Americans, How is Fantasy America set up?

European Fantasy clashing with Native American Mythology?

Early Colonialism?
>>
>>50312957

>or the people knew it was a shit faux attempt at a culture
>faux attempt

Are you that irish fuckwit again? Give it a fucking rest.
>>
>>50312375
Its a fun one to write in. I remember a guy in the army who would keep all his personal records in Deseret
>>
>>50312962
>Well, I'm only here to shitpost until people decide on what the fuck they want,

You derailing the fucking thread with your bullshit isn't conductive to that. Why not just fuck off any come back later to see if people got anywhere?

You're basically saying "I'll stop pissing in your eye once you finish your discussion" when you should know full well he's not going to finish his discussion while you're pissing in his eye.
>>
>>50312970
Nah

>>50312962
is me. He's some KANGZposter.
>>
>>50312962
>I want to re purpose native American Culture again!
Go fuck yourself. Native American culture is not your color pallet for making white peoples make believe times.
>>
>>50312983
Well it was getting nowhere anyway. Me "Derailing" got people actually talking about American cultural ideas.

>>50312997
Why not? Are we only allowed to use White people culture?

The Cherokee even have Nunnehi, their analogy to Elves both little fey spirit and Tall otherwordly kind. for example.
>>
>>50312984
>KANGZ
So are you of the opinion that Egyptians were white to enhance your racial superiority?

Or perhaps that Egypt isn't in Africa like most skin heads?
>>
>>50312997
>complaining about people playing make believe on a board dedicated to playing make believe
Jesus christ anon, get it together.
>>
>>50313028
Well, considering at many points Egypt had

>Greeks
>Nubians
>Persians
>Celts
>Greeks again
>Roman's
>Arabs

I'd be safe to say Egypt was very Multicultural.
>>
>>50312997

>I'm special you can't have my make-believe stories! They're important to me and you're RUINING IT!!!!

If you like your stories so much maybe you shouldn't be so butthurt that others might like them too. Stop putting your culture up on a pedastel and throwing your toys out of the cot whenever anyone "appropriates" it, cultural exchange is a fact of life among all humans who meet other humans, and you pissing and moaning about it isn't going to change that.

Go shitpost in Navajo or whatever language nobody speaks anymore if you hate cultural exchange so much.
>>
>>50313026
>Why not? Are we only allowed to use White people culture?
Because you have no fucking right to it, you barly have a fucking understanding of your own culture and you fucking find it boring. Quit taking shit that isn't yours, propitiating lies and fake notions about it, and then discarding it when you're bored. It's horrifically racist and insensitive.
>>
>>50312997
>Native American culture is not
Yes it is.

It is absolutely anything we want it to be, for any reason whatsoever that we want it to be. Because it's fun.
Do you hate fun, anon?
>>
>>50313026
I mean, I'm going to be honest.

Native American folklore?

It has

>Fey little spirits
>Fey tall Warrior spirits
>Hairy forest dwellers
>Giants
>Serpents/Dragons
>Undead
>Witches/hags
>Mermaids
>Spirit animals
>Giant Animals
>Chimerae

Hell, they even had Ogres.
>>
>>50313053
It's not fucking cultural exchange when there is no fucking person of the other culture involved let alone a agreement of the community towards the act. What you're doing isn't treating shit equality, it's treating everyone other culture like you treat your own, just something to be fucked shit on and left on the curb when you're bored with it. Some cultures don't' want that treatment, but you bigoted assholes have no idea why.
>>
>>50313028

Egypt is literally part of Africa, but it along with the rest of north Africa are culturally more integrated with the rest of the Mediterranean than sub saharan Africa.

And no that doesn't mean Egyptians were white, but it also means they weren't fucking west African either and they have about much in common with American blacks as they do with the Spanish.
>>
>>50313102
Oh and /v/ tier Giants.

>Stoneclad is a monster from Cherokee folklore. Details about Stoneclad vary from telling to telling-- in some versions there is only one, while in others there are a whole race of Stoneclads. In some versions Stoneclad is man-sized, or indeed is a human witch that turned himself into an invulnerable monster; in others, he is a stone-skinned giant like the Stonecoats of the northern Iroquois tribes. In all cases he has rocklike plates of armor that protect him from fire, cold, and weapons; he is defeated only through sapping his magical power by destroying his talismans or exposing him to menstruating women.

>>50313107
The Few Native Americans I have met are Cherokee, They literally do not care.
>>
>>50313102
I'll take disgusting hyper diffusion with anglo centric blinders for 500 alex.

Why don't you just throw in ancient aliens to belittle Native Americans even more. Whats a little more erasure of them as a people for fun?
>>
>>50310422
>Troll Toll Turnpike
NJ anon here, I kek'd
>>
>>50313107
You just openly admitted they're treating you as equals by giving you the exact same treatment they give themselves.

You're a bigot. You think your own culture and people are better than everyone else. That's why no one gives a shit about what you have to say.
You think you're special. You'd rather be entitled to respect than have to earn it?
You're offended? Good for you: So-fucking-what.
>>
>>50313107
I can't imagine what it's like being this deluded and angry.
>>
>>50313135
They're just genetic terms. I mean some of the chimerae are cool.

>True Tiger is a powerful mythological water monster of the Miami and Illinois tribes, something like a cross between a giant lynx and a dragon. Its English name is a bit of a misnomer, since tigers are not native to North America; the true translation of the Miami-Illinois name is actually "Real Lynx," although the monster is more tiger-like in size. "Aramipinchiwa" means "Underneath Lynx" (a reference to the monster's home beneath the water,) "Wapipinzha" means "White Lynx," and "Michipinchiwa" means "Big Lynx."

>According to legend, True Tigers live at the bottom of lakes and cause people to drown. A True Tiger is usually described as having the body of an oversized lynx with pale fur, antlers, armored scales, and sharp spines running down its back. The Miami associated True Tigers with shooting stars.
>>
>>50313125
>The Few Native Americans I have met are Cherokee, They literally do not care.
My jewish friend think the nazis are right. Clearly their voice is the only correct one cause I heard it from living people!
>>
>>50313164
Well, considering one of those Cherokee is training to be the groups chronicler or whatever it's called, he seemed pretty fine with me and my limited knowledge, just like he liked my stories of English Folklore.
>>
>>50312396
>who lift chunks of a fucked over peoples history and culture for no reason

They LITERALLY invented it themselves. These are their own creatures in their own words.

I bet you think Dragons are European.
>>
>>50313162
More Native American Monsters, a quite common one, the Two-face.

>Two-Face is a malevolent humanoid monster of the Plains Indian tribes. In some tribes Two-Faces are described as ogres, but most often the Two-Face resembles a human except for having a second face on the back side of his or her head. If people make eye contact with this second face, they will either be struck dead or paralyzed with fear until the Two-Face returns to murder them. In some traditions there is only one Two-Face (female in some tribes and male in others), while other traditions suggest a whole race of Two-Faces. The misdeeds of Two-Face range from murdering and mutilating people, to cannibalism, to kidnapping or even just frightening misbehaving children. In some Sioux legends, Double Face Woman is to blame for childhood fits and night terrors
>>
>>50313203
Considering how european "culture" works I'll say it's either Arab or from Egypt.
>>
File: roimxpuhpjjvdqnj7ibz.jpg (41KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
roimxpuhpjjvdqnj7ibz.jpg
41KB, 636x477px
>>50313107

Ideas are ideas. I take issue with native American culture being suppressed or native Americans being prohibited from practicing it, as has happened historically. I think that's deplorable, and I think native Americans should be able to embrace their identity as long as they're not harming other members of the society. I also think that natives got a pretty raw fucking deal during colonialism. The reality is that the native Americans are now part of a European society, that's conquest, shit happens. it's happened to Europeans, it's happened to Asians, it's happened to Africans, you just happened to live in a time where Europeans actually got cold feet about it and tried to be more multicultural, unlike most conquerors historically who would have sooner either forced you to integrate or finished wiping you off the continent.

I will not take issue with your culture being embraced or modified by other cultures however the they want, and you're not going to censor shit because of your sensibilities.
>>
>>50312436
>You have not seen the utter hatred of a native American looking at things like shadowrun and seeing their history turned into a fancy costume and neat rules for a game.

I mean, that's pretty fair. Shadowrun is very, very obviously written by people who don't know a whole heck of a lot about Native Americans and are very obviously Liberals with a distaste for religion and Southerners I will never forgive them for allowing Mexico to conquer Texas. Their White Mans Burden is palpable.

There is a big difference between that and a genuine appreciation and attempt at integration of their culture into a larger work, however. It's entirely possible to integrate Indian cultures into a larger work while remaining both respectful AND honest to them (the Apache were kind of racist dicks and elitist as fuck, for example, but they also had some elaborate and unique cultural views and were fantastic and intelligent warriors). The trick is to ultimately be truthful to the source material, and also learn and understand the counter-viewpoints that often criticize said cultures (the Mexicans and Anglos of the Southwest in the Apache example) that shed the best light on how they REALLY were - not mindless barbarians or noble savages, but humans beings who had a fundamentally different outlook on life than the Western world.
>>
>>50312647
>And literally no important history.

Fuck off, Missouri. Don't be hatin' cause the largest river in North America is called the Mississippi and not named after you. Let it go.
>>
>>50312059
>>50312077
You act like cryptids alone don't offer enough diversity for a fantasy setting.

>Adlet - Inuit mythology, a tribe with dog legs and human bodies. In conflict with humans, taller, faster, are sometimes mention as cannibals.
>Loveland frog - four foot frog men, witnesses sawthem conversing until one raised a wand an shot sparks at them.
>Mannegishi - Cree folklore, a race of trickster people. Big heads with no nose, thin lanky limbs. Favorite 'trick' is to capsize canooes and drown he occupant. Similar to the Dover Demon cryptid.
>Maryland Goatman - Half goat half human creature who attacks cars and people with axes. Created by a backfired scientific experiment, a mutated old hermit, or made by the devil.
>Pope Lick Monster - Part man, part goat, part sheep creature that uses hypnosis and voice mimicry to lure it victims. So terrifying it causes people to jump to their deaths of the bridge where it supposedly lives.
>Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp - Seven foot tall humanoid creature. Both scaly and hairy, superhuman strong. Chases down cars and rips into them.

Are they stupid? Fuck yes they're stupid, but any of those creatures could be adapted easily to a fantasy setting. And that's not even mentioning the half dozen lake monsters (Ogopogo, Altamaha-ha), and ape creatures (Bigfoot, skunk ape). Or creatures like the Jersey Devil or Mothman, who are not animalistic in the slightest.

Cryptids alone would make an interesting North American fantasy setting, even more so with the aliens and Native American mythology.
>>
>>50312716
>with cryptids

You don't understand what that term actually means.

Cryptids are simply a fancy name for "monster."
>>
>>50312962
>How is Fantasy America set up?

That's LITERALLY what we were trying to discuss until your inbred European ass showed up.
>>
File: laughingcossacks.png (2MB, 1130x849px) Image search: [Google]
laughingcossacks.png
2MB, 1130x849px
>we've replaced the butthurt Irishman with a butthurt native American
>>
>>50313296
>>50313292

I was just messing around.

The problem however is it's hard to find a mythological race who isn't a dick and a cannibal in Indian Mythology.
>>
>>50313234
>I'll say it's either Arab or from Egypt.

Nope. Earliest mentions of them are Chinese.

ChiComs: 1 - Degenerates: 0
>>
File: 5314815268_0f95c69bed_b.jpg (346KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
5314815268_0f95c69bed_b.jpg
346KB, 1024x683px
>>50309489
don't worry, they'd ignore most of the missouri area just like they do in real life

>>50310076
you legitimately can. I live near the big sioux hills area, and when conditions are right I can see thunder storms that are hitting omaha as if they were just a few miles out of town. omaha is 200 miles away

>>50313028
egyptians weren't white or black. the general population was pretty much the same as it is now. at points they had both greek and nubian rulers, but the population didn't magically become white or black with them.
>>
>>50313296
>cryptid
>An animal whose existence or survival is disputed or unsubstantiated, such as the yeti.
>monster
>A large, ugly, and frightening imaginary creature
Go fuck yourself. While we can quibble over terms and how lack of evidence is making crytids into monsters mostly due to requiring them to become supernatural to explain their lack of findings there is still a differnce in that term. Thought to be extinct animals also fall under cryptids.
>>
>>50313321
>butthurt native American

He's not actually Native. I can guarantee it. He has yet to namedrop a tribe or reservation. If he's Indian, he's second-hand at best.
>>
>>50312740
I'd rather him bring his point there where they're debunked than keep him here desu.
>>
>>50313302
>It's still shit you shouldn't do.
What? I shouldn't learn to understand and appreciate other cultures, and attempt to integrate them in a realistic and respectful way into a body of fiction should I choose to do so? That's literally putting a culture on a pedestal and objectifying it, by making it somehow unique or above criticism or otherwise untouchable to those not of that particular culture.

It's straight up bigotry.

I can't tell if you're ultra-Left or hard-Right.
>>
>>50313361
>Be nice to us and let us butt fuck your heritage or we'll kill you
I guess it's death either way then master race whitey? Maybe threaten a little less subtly next time and Native People will shut up.
>>
>>50313362
>I believe that multiple cultures can't create a similar concept

I was being facetious to imply the opposite was true.

Dragons are creatures that have cropped up independently all across the world (almost certainly from people finding dinosaur fossils and saying "what the fuck is that") and yet, according to the view the other person was positing, because the Chinese are the first to document it, they would be Chinese, and as such all European or other cultural interpretations would be nothing more than appropriation.
>>
>>50313392

You can butt-fuck ours too if you like, Chief Chokes-on-Dick. That's the magic of it!

As everyone has pointed out, you're the bigot here. It's time to get your head out of your ass and accept reality, America doesn't belong to the native Americans anymore, but it belongs to a society that embraces multiculturalism. Native Americans have a place in that society, but you acting like a petulant little shit who wants to be special and segregate everything is more dangerous to you than it is to "master race whitey".
>>
>>50313349
>1/69th Cherryokie
>>
>>50309413
not nearly enough swamp in Virginia
>>
>>50313412

>Saying how shit white people are

The only reason you're here to say that is because white people, unlike most historical conquests in human history, realized that eliminating your people and your fucking culture was an asshole thing to do.

>doesn't' make a very good argument on why people should be allowed to do whatever they want.

My argument is that the alternative to a culture embracing you is a culture rejecting you. It doesn't matter what the fucking ethnicity is, if you're rejected by a society it's bad news.

Also, my argument isn't that people should be allowed to "do whatever they want", I'm saying your culture shouldn't be put on a fucking pedastel and that it should be treated equally to other cultures. That means you being allowed to practice your culture as long as you don't cause harm to others, and that also means Chad wearing your feather headdress for halloween if he fucking wants. You can dress up as the pope for Halloween, I don't give a fuck.
>>
File: cremation_of_care.jpg (139KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cremation_of_care.jpg
139KB, 640x480px
It already is
>>
>>50313461
You do know the tribes no longer care about strong bloodlines and rely mostly on the fact that they are their own nations within the US at this point right? You aren't dumb enough to forget tribes are nations now in the US to all but your most racist states. It's a nation system with a rich culture that was almost destroyed and tries it's best to live on but I do know white people have a problem with cultures surviving without inbreeding.
>>
You don't need to reply anymore guys.
>>
>>50313540
>to all but your most racist states.

The fact that Indian nations are quasi-Nation-States is a well-known fact all across the US.

> with a rich culture

What? A rich culture, singular? Do you think Indians somehow all have one single monolithic culture that they all adhere to or share?

Oh boy, you need to meet some actual American Indians and do some research.
>>
File: JgKq2Ks.jpg (346KB, 1799x1199px)
JgKq2Ks.jpg
346KB, 1799x1199px
>>
>>50311849
He's Irish. Who gives a shit.
>>
What would an adventuring party be like?
>>
>>50313661
Given the creators of the fluff.

Ignorant Racists looking for thrill kills.
>>
>>50309489
I've made a fantasy setting based on mid-late 19th century America and this exact thing happened.
>>
>>50313596
> the empty wilds
Top Kek
>>
Holy shit, what a fucking mess

And you still visit an American website
>>
File: n8umjWj.png (3KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
n8umjWj.png
3KB, 698x1284px
>>50312827
>>
I've got a question for the Americans. I know you hate Canada, because it can be seen throughout the internet, but why do hate Canada so much?. All I hear from Americans is "Canada should be annexed" "Canada should be nuked" "Canada is worthless", it's strange that you hate your neighbor that much (to me, it seems like your citizens hate Canada more then either China, Russia, or Iran). Is Canada that horrible of a country that it makes an Africa state seem nice? It's a stupid question and we'll all die in a nuclear war within the next 4-6 years, but I would like to know.
>>
>>50313718
>American website
Guess you don't know who owns it.
>>
>>50313696
As a Canadian, don't do this

Not because of "respect muh cultur" but because it really is a fascinating country. Even at a super surface level you got people's dissatisfaction with British Dominion coupled with Quebec trying to secede and the Aboriginals allying with the government b/c they break treaties slightly less often then the Americans. Meanwhile the Brits and Indians start families to make some stupidly fucking hardcore fur-trappers. The Fenian raids also happen and those were just...weird.

Also John A. MacDonald would make one hell of an NPC in my opinion.
>>
>>50313772
Guess you don't know who founded it.
>>
>>50313661
pls respond
>>
>>50313805
A weaboo who couln't hack it on something awful. At least it's with the person the weab stole the idea from.
>>
>>50313678
so every muderhobo party ever then?
>>
Given this trainwreck of a thread, I do believe the answer to OPs proposal is to not try it at all.

Not that you need to do an exact fantasy conversion of North America to use parts of it in a setting or game anyways.

>>50313661
Could be anything, probably depends on the origin of the party. Here's one idea: Small town friends would be everywhere, probably less divergent but more of cohesive than average, leaving the confines of their small town to make their fortune in the vast and wildlands at large.
>Were you orcs from, an whatcha doing here in Ten Seas?
>Just from Charleston, in the Carolinas. We're all mages and we thought we could make it big working for King Presley

>>50313339
>they'd ignore most of the missouri area just like they do in real life
I sorta tried
>>
>>50313848
Ah yes, one of the most important websites on the Internet, keep that narrative running! What does it feel like to be this jaded and contrarian?

>>50313868
Uh oh, is Jamal upset? Or is it Mohammad? Does it even matter anymore since you're all just a brown 'PoC' homogeny? Talk about a lack of culture.
>>
>>50313970
>this trainwreck of a thread

Reminds me of that Napoleanic fantasy thread we had a while back. Some faggot came in claimed that fantasy setting in that period was impossible and proceeded to bitch and moan and derail the entire thread.

Then at the end he said that he was only trolling to "encourage discussion" and that we would have gone no where with his "help."

Same as this thread basically.
>>
>>50312698
What do you think the Japanese like? They used to be called the Yankees of the East, and I think it's fair to dust that term off and use it again.
>>
>>50313980
>Uh oh, is Jamal upset? Or is it Mohammad?

I think it's Chief Chokes-on-Dick, he's been moaning all thread about the terrible white man stealing his snowflake culture.
>>
>>50310177

French Canadian dwarves would at least avoid the "every dwarf is Scottish" meme.
>>
>>50314032
If //tg/ weren't so easy to troll this wouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: no one fights like gaston.jpg (326KB, 362x480px) Image search: [Google]
no one fights like gaston.jpg
326KB, 362x480px
>>50314104

Would that make the Irish the Elves, given the hilarious amount of squabbling the Irish and French had?

>Joseph Montferrand, a mild mannered 6'4 lumberjack who started working as a voyageur on the ottawa river.

>The only land link between Hull and Bytown, this bridge was the site of an ongoing conflict between Irish hooligans, the Shiners, and French-Canadians, the two groups fighting for control of jobs in the logging industry in the Ottawa Valley. Frequent skirmishes occurred between them and an atmosphere of violence reigned, especially near the Chaudière Falls, where Irish ruffians controlled the bridge. This is where the undisputed leader of the French-Canadians was ambushed and where he routed more than 150 Shiners. As historian Benjamin Sulte tells the story, it was a horrible scene. Many of the attackers found themselves in the water and blood was flowing from the parapet into the Ottawa River. Sulte describes how Montferrand was able to defeat so many enemies: “Montferrand took a few quick steps toward the attackers; the one who was the most exposed fell prey to the Canadien, who grabbed him by the feet and used him as a club to knock down everyone in the front rank, then picking them up like rag dolls and throwing them to the left and to the right into the white waters of the river.”
>>
>>50314127
>Rip off of white culture
>Ignoring america walked in dropped nukes and told them to change to more westernized ways
You white fucks can't even be happy with your own fucking colonization can you?
>>
>>50309413

This doesn't really work though, surely North America would be Native American inspired?
>>
>>50314220
kys yourself my man
>>
>>50314253
Doesn't work because half the thread thinks non whites have too boring of a culture and the other half wants white people to stop appropriating cultures they have nothing to do with.
>>
>>50314184
No its just one potatosack fucker who lives in the shitposting an otherwise perfectly good thread.
>>
>>50309413
to
>>50314247
Well this is a lost cause.
Thank god for that guy who posted the archived thread.
>>
>>50314247

You're the one who was just pissing and moaning that a weeaboo is stealing from the Japanese, but when faced with the reality the thing weebs are stealing was drawn from western culture you're shifting the goalposts and finding something new to whine like a petulant baby about the white devil for. You can't have your cake and eat it too motherfucker.
>>
>>50314379
There is no point trying to reason with shitposters.
>>
File: 1421469787161.png (386KB, 667x670px)
1421469787161.png
386KB, 667x670px
>>50314396

>prejudice against x racial group isn't racism, it's classism! Regardless of what class that belong to! Because we're still going to hold the prejudice class notwithstanding! Based on their race! I'm going to follow this with a sweeping generalization of an entire race, but I'm not a racist believe me.

I hope you're shitposting but some nutjobs legitimately do this sort of mental gymnastics. It'd be impressive if it wasn't so horrifying.
>>
>>50314396
X against Y isn't X
I'm not even that guy and you better be baiting with such a blunt logical failure.
>>
>>50314433
Hate laws, violence against women act, affirmative action, and other such things. You are really dumb if you think the real world is that simple when trying to have justice.
>>
File: Come on boy.jpg (23KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
Come on boy.jpg
23KB, 355x369px
>come to thread hoping for worldbuilding
>find /int/ shitposting
I expected better from you /tg/
>>
>>50314550
was just about to post this desu

what a fucking shitstorm
>>
I have a fantasy setting where it's North America, but the poles are in different spots on the planet, with the north pole somewhere near the northwestern part of Africa. This also frees up Antarctica as a fully habitable free-floating continent.

I'm still working out the climates and weather systems based on that but the terrain/elevations/land mass shapes should PROBABLY stay roughly the same. Does anyone know a good globe program that could help me simulate this arrangement? Or at least something that could set the latitude/longitude lines as radiating from a specific non-polar spot. It's hard to find a detailed globe that isn't fixed on a rod through the poles.
>>
>>50314536

Affirmative action is literally by definition racist.

Here's the thing anon. If you take something and replace the beneficiary with a white man and it sounds really fucking racist or sexist, it's racist or sexist no matter who the beneficiary is.

Perhaps you believe that sacrificing values of absolute racial and gender equality in practice is worthwhile to "level a playing field." That's your prerogative, it certainly is complicated and there is a valid argument to be made for affirmative action (not that I agree with it, I find it to be hypocritical and precisely contrary to the values it espouses), but regardless of whether you support it or not that doesn't redefine racism.

As soon as you are creating laws where one race/gender/etc is in a privileged position that's legally enshrining racism/sexism/etc.
>>
>>50314616
>privileged position
So getting what has been denied to you by a horrific system of oppression and discrimination is privilege? Wow you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>50309413
>>50309413
Why Tolkien? Make it based on native American lore, not some immigrant white shit. Otherwise, why use America instead of Europe?
>>
>>50314639
kys samefag
>>
>>50314635

Learn what fucking privilege means, and way to ignore the rest of my post, probably because you can't address it without sounding like a retard so you decided to cut your losses and sound like a retard in a condensed format.

Let me break it down for you because you're clearly not that bright and you seem like you're feeling very emotional right now, so rational thought challenges you.

You pass a law: X Group must constitute at least 50% of employees in your firm.

X group can be whites. X groups can be blacks. X groups can be women, dogs, water nymphs, wine glasses, what-the-fuck-ever.
That law has extended a privilege to that group above other groups.
I'm not talking about retarded SJW irrational emotion-driven rollercoaster of "check your privilege shitlord" in terms of cumulative and sometimes unmeasurable benefits derived from being a certain race, I'm talking about FACTUAL, LITERAL, WRITTEN IN LAW privileges.
>>
>>50309489
It's the North American land of always winter beyond the wall. The flannel covered wildings there only live to kill moose and make flapjacks.
>>
>>50309600
Perfidious lies spread by the dark dwarves of Michigan. Ohio is the spiritual heart of North America and a bountiful and prosperous land.
>>
>>50314680
How can a law make an unprivlaged group privileged, a law against murder has never stopped murder, a law against theft has not stopped theft. So how can laws give something to people when it can't even stop people from doing things? You're only framing it this way as it removes your responsibility of you privilege and makes it the governments problem while keeping people with a less valuable skin around you because you can find ways around the law. You'd have no problem with such a thing if you weren't racist and understood how fucking hard your people hamstrung everyone else.
>>
Does anyone have an idea for what fantasy Toronto would be like?

>>50314593
Could you fucking not? Your attempts at discussion are getting in the way of all the angry shitposting.
>>
What do you do with the Great Plains of North America if you don't do horse pastoralists? I'm asking because I'm not sure how a fantasy setting would change that, particularly if there were relatively easy access to magic

And if the Plains were the domains of horse-archer tribes, would they be subject from time to time with the dominion of a neighboring empire, like with China and the Mongols, or could the North American Plains support something different?
>>
>>50314739

Again, you're thinking about privilege in a broad social justice sense. You're also thinking about racism in a broad societal social justice sense. This is retarded and requires you to redefine both words.

>How can a law make an unprivlaged group privileged

By literally extending a legal privilege. "A special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people."
Affirmative action is, by definition of the word privilege, privileging the beneficiary of the group. In the context of employment for x group at the firm, x group is privileged. This is a fact. This is legally indisputable in this hypothetical case.

If x group is a racial group the privilege is inherently a racist policy regardless of whether you think it's just, because you are extending a privilege based entirely on race. Same with gender in terms of sexism.

You might consider in a social justice sense that these racist and sexist policies are just. They are giving privileges to certain groups to try and reach an equilibrium with the group that you believe to be privileged within society in a broad sense. But in doing so you're legally enshrining discriminatory practices.

You can't have the penny and the bun, anon. You have to decide where your values are. I'm a firm believer in equality of opportunity, and I think that affirmative action programs have their hearts in the right place. I also think they're sacrificing their values of equality of opportunity in principle for more equitable opportunity in practice, even if that means one group is gaining a legal privilege over another group.

In a nutshell: White privilege is a social privilege that comes as a consequence of a white dominated society.
Legal privilege is distinct from that, and (in the case of social justice) seeks to combat the social privilege. It's still fuckin' discriminatory and who the beneficiary/victim is doesn't change that fact.
>>
>>50314593
>Antarctica
It would be a tropical archipelago
>>
>>50314184
more that we need mods/janitors who do their freaking jobs and delete the posts of those kind of morons(and ban them when possible)
>>
>>50314903
Or have the unique ids and country flags with each fucking post.
>>
>>50314824
You're still not saying how a law gives someone privilege. Laws are ignored all the time and a law against discrimination more so given that women are getting underpaid amass in the united states. Saying that a law can make people privilege is as stupid as saying a law of "and all people can fly" the law doesn't do jack shit, at best it gives people an order on what to do which when it offends their racists or sexist sensibilities they ignore. A law can't give privilege no matter how you argue that's what it means. Face it the word has changed and honestly didn't mean what you think it means since ever.
>>
>>50314910

Thread specific IDs are great, flags will just create more /int/ shitposting. I'd rather not put up with people constantly going "POO IN LOO" "FUCKING LEAF!" "shut up amerifat" "leave it to the britbong to say somehting like that!" instead of actually addressing the post.
>>
>>50314772
Toronto is the most populated city north of the Great Lakes, and one of the biggest cities in North America, so it could be the last great beacon of civilization before entering more rural farmlands that stretch on for quite a while. Beyond those lie ancient forests, where there still towns and villages, all the way to the farthest northern reaches of continent.

Torontos massive population will mean that it probably draws on the rest of the North, and even far beyond it, for the workers it needs, so if there are any ethnic differences in the North they'll show up in Toronto. Got fighting between tribes or provinces in Quebec? Their cousins are fighting in Toronto as well.

Depending on whether or not Canada and the USA are part of the fantasy setting along with the geography, Toronto may also be a bastion for defending the rest of the Canadian Dominion against the Americans. Could be a fortress city along with being HUGE, cause if Toronto falls to an invasion from southerners there's literally nothing north or west of it that could come to its aid besides loads of hicks. And it would take a miracle to rouse the country people to save Toronto, though that could be an interesting plot by itself.
>>
>>50314910
Nope. Fuck off back to /int/ or /pol/.
>>
>>50314941
you should see /k/. There is nothing more /k/ hates than russian boasting. Claim your russian on /k/ is tantamount into saying im a nazi irl.
>>
>>50315022
There is nothing wrong with being Russian on /k/
Shitposting about Russian geopolitical or military superiority is what those guys hate
>>
>>50314927
>You're still not saying how a law gives someone privilege.

Are you illiterate? I outlined it in detail in addition to providing the defintion of the word I'm using and how it applies to what I said. It's right under where I quoted you, re-read it, I'm not going to waste time putting it in as many different words.

>Laws are ignored all the time

This is a shitty argument against the fact that a law extends a privilege and that the person who ignores the law is liable to be punished if discovered. People ignore the law at their own peril, but a failure to enforce the law is a failure of the enforcement agency, not the spirit of the law, which in the case of affirmative action demonstrably racist / sexist.

>Face it the word has changed and honestly didn't mean what you think it means since ever.
No, actually it still means exactly what it says in the dictionary. You're operating on the SJW-tier social justice version of the word, because SJWs just redefine existing words to make it so that their accusatory terms can't apply to them, because they're complete fucking hypocrites but still stupid enough to do the irrational mental gymnastics to never have to confront that reality. Through creating convenient exceptions to the rule, you can make use of all the things you accuse others of doing to you. You, too, through an impressive ignorance of the terms you accuse people of being, are in fact a racist. And you are accusing somebody who is advocating for complete legal equality for all races of being racist because they are not advocating for laws which literally enforce racial prejudice.

Anyway I'm tired of arguing with you, debating SJWs is like debating a brick wall only they're even fucking dumber, I've already derailed this thread more than enough.
>>
>>50314961
What kind of monsters would live in the Canadian wilderness though? I assume that they have some unique myths.
>>
>>50314927
>Underpaid amass
[Citation Needed]

The fact that there's a law only a specific demographic can leverage and benefit from means that yes, it is a privilege. Society has decided, through a series of checks and balances, to give these people a privilege, even if it's in an effort to curb an at the very least perceived inequality. You can't play word games to pretend privilege is only something the enemy has.
>>
>>50315036
Like i said. Russian boasting. Then the pattern of shitposts about Russian superiority usually fell when certain eastern European timezones were experiencing daylight.
>>
File: magic.png (1020KB, 954x695px) Image search: [Google]
magic.png
1020KB, 954x695px
>>50314772
I just dropped in after leaving this tab open like 3 hours ago and personally apologize for cursing the whole place because it went to shit right after I left. We can all stop now, guys.

>>50314826
Ooh, maybe it's a fun vacation destination. Penguins are still there but they're much leaner, with long legs, like flamingos. Penguingos?

The idea is that North America is the only continent with a source of magic, with veins that go out from somewhere in Arizona, so there are set paths that a party can follow. There's a large city at the end of each vein as it reaches the coast (good for trade), as well as a city in the center where they all meet because of the potency of the magic there. There are some smaller cities along the way.
>>
>>50315037
Ok while the door hits your ass on the way out.

Only other people can give you privilege because all the laws and executions of them rely on people. Clinging to your old word definition means you think computers are people crammed into a box who computes shit. No law can give you privilege, it comes from other people until we can make laws that change the very fabric of the universe and impose their will on it.
>>
>>50315113

>No law can give you privilege
>But we can make laws that remove privilege

This is your brain on leftist double-think.
>>
>>50309715

Please, California is a dry wasteland compared to anything on the west coast north of it.

Nearly a third of BC is federal / regional parks and most of that is rainforest

Literal rainforest.

I've been meaning to scale a mountain on the outskirts of my town (a 30 min walk) and record it. The change in scenery in the span of 1 minute is insane.
>>
>>50315152
How could you have Moose as enemies? Those things are huge.
Actually, how could you have enemy Canada Geese?

>>50315113
The board hates you both equally 'cause your discussion derails everything and is effectively endless.
>>
>>50315152
If it weren't for double thinking there wouldn't be any thinking going on.
>>
File: AntarcticBedrock2.jpg (425KB, 1333x1333px) Image search: [Google]
AntarcticBedrock2.jpg
425KB, 1333x1333px
>>50315089
I don't see it as a very safe place for vacations with the killer whales, sharks, and leopard seals, assuming they get the same treatment as the penguins.

Maybe pirates could live there?
>>
>>50311005

There is nowhere on earth as beautiful and diverse in landscape and people then British Columbia IMO. Texas and Oregon are probably pretty nice but they are very much nothing like BC.

I may be biased, though. I do live here.
>>
>>50315270
I can understand why this white dominated board hates the derailing of a thread that wants to appropriate Native American culture and white wash it for the RPGING, doesn't mean I'm wrong though.
>>
>>50315270

Moose are already in the MM and stuff, right? Give them the same stats as a warhorse.

Geese would have the same stats as a badger or something, they're super mad and very aggressive when they're on land.
>>
>>50315256
Northern California as in "Humboldt County and above."

Fuck the central valley, and especially fuck SoCal.
>>
>>50315322
>RPGING

Wow.

Also, maybe it is appropriation, but honestly, it gets people to care about it. It's better than the only people caring about some Native tribe being the natives themselves, who might be adopting other customs or abandoning their own entirely to integrate into modern life, or some dusty scholars in various parts of the world who want to scratch down languages and preserve little bits of culture, rather than the people it belongs to.

I know it's a complex issue, and it's not as simple as what either side is trying to paint it as, but I legitimately do love Native American culture and stuff, and I do really try to be careful about research if I do use anything, because I'm an autist when it comes to history.
>>
>>50315281

The penguins wouldn't get longer legs persay, but they would get more skinny. Just imagine the fat not being as prevalent under their coats.

Shark and orca numbers are pretty low in actual Antarctica, but ecological change could nullify that, or make them more prevalent.
>>
>>50315415

>didn't even read Northern

Jesus I am more tired than I thought. I wanna visit all of California to be honest. Just the northern portion for longer than the south (the only experiences I've had with big cities has kinds sucked.)
>>
>>50315444
Killer whales can live in most water temeratures and sharks would probably find a tropical archipelago much more inviting.
Seals could be slimed down or placed near the new poles though.
>>
File: DSCF3584.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3584.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>50315465
I just did a road trip this past summer so I can make a few recommendations. Yosemite and the Redwood forest are must-sees. San Luis Obispo is a nice mid-state stop-off; the marine layer that comes off of the ocean makes for some really enchanting misty mountain scenes if you go off the beaten path a bit, and the Madonna Inn is kitsch heaven. I personally hate LA, but if you haven't been to San Diego I can't recommend it enough. The sand on Coronado Beach is genuinely golden and glitters in the water, and Balboa Park is a treat if you like museums.

>>50315281
Maybe they'd enact a cull in some areas for the sake of tourism. Pirates seems possible, but honestly, I'm not HUGE on pirates, so it's probably just islanders with hardcore survival upbringings and advanced weaponry.

>>50315322
How would you personally recommend blending a Native American culture with semi-European fantasy values, assuming that actual Native American people are present within the story? I have certain ideas in my writing that I would like to mix in a respectful way with the cultures of the native people in specific areas, but it's hard to work in things like that without it coming across as misappropriation.

I don't want to neglect their culture entirely because there are meant to be people whose ancestors came directly from the actual places on Earth that they correlate with (specifically areas of Nunavut/Baffin Island), but I don't know how to work it in without it coming across as shallow aesthetic snatching because they'd have generally assimilated in with the native non-human populations and developed new religions and practices due to the change in environment/socialization.
>>
>>50315652
Would fantasy Antarctica be like Australia 2.0 then?
>>
>>50315755
Sounds about right. Probably less desert-y. In a fun exchange, I think Australia would be South Pole 2.0 here, but like I said, an exact visualization has been hard to conjure up.
>>
File: jim-james.png (842KB, 1269x524px) Image search: [Google]
jim-james.png
842KB, 1269x524px
>>50314805
bison centaurs
>>
>>50311027
>Oregon and Texas
>Literally the same

I have never seen someone confirm they have no idea what they're talking about so quickly.
>>
File: 20141204_111222.jpg (238KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20141204_111222.jpg
238KB, 1280x720px
>>50315652

Thanks for the trip tips, but lots of that I can see here, old growth forests are very common where I live and he have mountains and shit, and I live on the coast. Pic related, it's the rec center of my town. The rest of the town is 200 meters away, across the parking lot, out of the shot due to fog.

Small towns under 10k people have always interested me more than nature stuff or cities, I can see sprawling nature every day and I can see fog ever night, but places like mine, (but not mine) I find very interesting.
>>
>>50311638

But, they're not. Americans worship the fuck out of anything vaguely European.
>>
>>50315903

www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/en/m/article/prince-rupert/

Reading this article I think my tiny city may make a good setting for a tabletop rpg

>lots of history
>tons of wildlifw
>old military installations everywhere for dungeons
>nice views during sunny days
>very seedy during spring and fall wet seasons, lots of rain and atmosphere
>I can photograph the shit out of things for reference

I wanted to give. A virtual tour for /trv/ a while back, I should go do that the next sunny day. So summer next year.
>>
Wait, how are white people anything but the orcs?

>Horde of angry destructive warlike tribes, all warring with each other as much as anyone else
>come over and kill the fuck out of everything they see on the continent
>eradicate the local people, exterminate the megafauna
>cut down everything and replace it with steel and concrete buildings
>are amazingly anti-nature and build smog fuming factories everywhere
>use slave labor to construct everything

America is Mordor, it is even ruled by charismatic individual that rules from a large ostentatious tower and is understood to be extremely evil by nearly everyone in the world.
>>
>>50316093

Helllloooooo /pol/
>>
>>50316093

Because we're more successful then orcs ever were or ever will be?

Orcs will remove everyone then. Fucking awesome.
>>
>>50316093
wait, so sauron was actually the good guy? wow
>>
>>50316217
>>50316215
>>50316197
>still falling for this stale bait
>>
File: 1435690702174.jpg (35KB, 594x446px) Image search: [Google]
1435690702174.jpg
35KB, 594x446px
>>50316093
In trying to create a monster to hate, we were only ever able to make ourselves.
>>
>>50310570
>Only the people who have the ability to prove me wrong would disagree with me!
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.