[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOT:Song of Fire And Ice RP General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: GRR2707_200.jpg (37KB, 200x258px) Image search: [Google]
GRR2707_200.jpg
37KB, 200x258px
Yo TG

I'm a pretty experienced Pen&Paper player, but I havn't played in some time and wanna start a group with my friends who has never played any Pen&Paper games, and only semi-familiar with board games.

How screwed am I trying to run A Song of Fire and Ice game has their first?
They love the HBO-serie [spoilers]I only started watching it[spoilers] and I just feel that running a setting they enjoy might spike their interest in Pen&Paper even more.

">TL;DR: Basic D&D with Westeros setting or just run SIFRP, for some newbies
>>
IIRC from my quick skimming after I picked up that Humble Bundle I think the players work together and create a house and the characters within that house.

I'd see how the do it. If they make lots of maesters amd nobles then it'll be mostly political stuff.
Lots of hedge knights and the like it can be more combat focused like the usual stuff.
Best bet is a combination of the two.
>>
>>50308199
SIFRP is a little weird. Player agency is less than it normally is, since the house itself is the important part. Characters can be compelled regardless of what the player wants.
Also, the system tends to assume that characters are less competent than they really are.
And anyone interested in fighting had better invest in endurance. It's the one thing between dying instantly and being horribly wounded, and the more you have, the more times you get to say no to death.
>>
If they are fans, be sure to throw a few curveballs to let them know their actions have impact. It is satisfying and keeps them from getting too meta.

Also, don't let them be the House Lord if they're newbies.
>>
File: Vaako.jpg (427KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Vaako.jpg
427KB, 1366x2048px
There will be spoilers for the books in the campaign book.

They will metagame unless you make it more localized and change out the heads of families, try setting it before the events of the books/show.

If they are new, have your NPC as a reserve as the Lord of the House, if you are doing that game, it can be a wellspring of giving information to the players that they can trust relatively easily. If you place a PC it can lead to deadlocks, infighting and hard decisions.
>>
How attached are you to having actual character sheets? I only ask because it can be pain for newer players to learn all the secondary attribute stuff and I found that an electronic sheet (made with either excel or google sheets) helps.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.