[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help making a Catacombs Dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

tomorrow ill be running a game where the players enter a church and have to delve into its 2nd floor, unbeknownst to them this isn't just some clergy hangout but a dungeon intended to keep people from taking the church's valuable relic.

and so the players are trying to steal this valuable relic.

What can i do to make this dungeon enjoyable and not just a meat grinder? are puzzles a good idea? a single puzzle? I've never made a dungeon before.

pic related is not the map I'm using
>>
on top of that, ambient noise? or music, like behelit? which is a better idea
>>
http://tabletopaudio.com/

or back ground some youtube shit like i sunno
- orzic tentacles -

dungeons puzzles should be like magical fog thqat impeeds all vision except for i dunno the glow of some slik bug a few rooms back.

a hall way full of broken ladders and wooden carved people and animals

mushrooms and fungus and bugs...so the familiars and pets can eat them or stuff

do you have a caster ? make a room that has super echos... sound amplified as to concusion or paralyze movement until the caster cast silence on the partys steps...

make the players feel useful, make it class specific for each one.
>>
What kind of church is it? Is this dungeon's sole purpose to hide this relic? Try to make it seems logical.
>>
>>50298882
a church that took inspiration from the church of Bane from forgotten realms.

yes this dungeon was created entirely to keep people from taking this relic that belonged to their prophet.

The relic itself allows the user to travel through time to watch events, they aren't there physically ,but they can still walk around and view things. it allows forward AND backward travel to any chosen point.
>>
>>50298953
If that's the case, it would make sense for the priests to build a whole lot of traps, misleading paths, and maybe one secret passage that only the High Priest knows that goes straight to the place where the relic is hidden. Maybe some summoned demons bound to specific rooms. Cursed itens and itens that turns out to be traps are also good. Puzzles seem kinda out of place here since the priests built this place to keep interlopers away, not give them clues.
>>
self bump
>>
you need a spike pit
>>
Dishonored 2 did a really cool puzzle where the players had to known the scriptures numbers to find the 3 numbers to open the safe
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.