[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

not! asians in traditional fantasy settings. give me examples

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Samurai_with_sword.jpg (430KB, 1275x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai_with_sword.jpg
430KB, 1275x1600px
not! asians in traditional fantasy settings. give me examples lol. requirements: must be human.

so far i can think of khergites from mount and blade (not fantasy), easterlings from lotr movie and well thats all i know, and warhammer fantasy but from what i saw (i dont actually play it, just checked some lore here and there) there is not much information on those oriental people. akaviri people?? dont know tes lore much personally.

every other setting i know is just other races as asians, like fucking pandas in warcraft, and orc blademasters as stereotypical samurais.
>>
>>50293535

''Asian'' as in oriental or east-asian (ricegoblins) or british ''asian'' as in middle-eastern (dune coons)?
>>
>>50293759
asian as in japan korea china vietnam mongolia idk tibet? and other shit with the -.- eyes ppl.

is oriental = mudslimes?
>>
File: wiz-art-male-glowei1.jpg (96KB, 550x779px) Image search: [Google]
wiz-art-male-glowei1.jpg
96KB, 550x779px
i forgot about diablo. there are some not! asians. wizards and to an extent monks, but the latter are basically russians with some asian themes
>>
>>50293535
In the Belgarath, all the Angarak are inspired in Asians.
>>
bump
>>
>>50293784
>is oriental = mudslimes?

Not in non-anglo contexts.
>>
alternatively, are there any "europeans" in avatar, which is an asian inspired setting from what i know?

>>50293890
wth is belgarath? a tl;dr of it? is this the belgarath you are talking about http://davideddings.wikia.com/wiki/Belgarath ?
>>
>>50293535
Does dark souls count as traditional fantasy yet? I know they have some.

Conan-verse has asians. The china-land is called Khitai, I believe Hyrkanians are meant to be a kind of mongol/turkic steppe people, Vendhya is supposed to be india, Iranistan is persia, and I think that Lemuria is supposed to be japan?
>>
>>50294080
dark souls as traditional fantasy? probably not. but what i meant under "traditional" is primarily european based

well conan is a good example but its too similar to just a fantasy earth.
>>
>>50293932
Yup this one. Tl:DR Wizard with a vagueley sense of right assembles a varied party to get a silmaril to defeat the big evil. Originality of the plot? 1/10. Characters? 7/10. Enjoyability the last time I read it? 9/10. The dude re-does the same history every time but the brisk and funny tone of his books is quite comfy and had some good ideas.
>>
are there any settings with fantasy races that have not! asian humans? because the pseudo mongols from >>50294161 are basically a replacement for orcs
>>
>>50294237
The Murgos are a replacement for the mongols, but the Malloreans are the not-China super power with a frail balance with the Angarak military and the Mallorean merchants, plus the host of minor Demon Worshipers, moonies and elephant trainers as subject territories. The Thull are an slave race and you have the one I never remember the name than are merchants and have a siberian like culture.
>>
>>50294237
The D&D 5th edition PHB summarizes nine human ethnicities from Forgotten Realms, and at least three of those are asian. I'm having a hard time pinning them down, but the Shou definitely seem to be chinese.
>>
Wheel of Time has several, but they're amalgamations of a few cultures in one.

Here's a bit more info
http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/3_sources/3.14_countries.html

Specifically Malkier, Seanchan and Shienar
>>
>>50293891
>Diablo 3 monks
>Asian
They're Russian, anon
>>
>>50294358
>>50293872
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.