[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make a good evil game in d&d

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1581.jpg (227KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1581.jpg
227KB, 1280x720px
Me and some plebs want to play an evil 5e game how do we make it not shit
>>
>>50292623
Give the characters a reason to be evil?
>>
File: Alignments 3.png (23KB, 599x518px) Image search: [Google]
Alignments 3.png
23KB, 599x518px
>>50292623
You don't. Evil parties are shit.

Also it's 2016, stop using alignments.
>>
>>50292623
By playing a game that actually supports this.
>>
>>50292623
A kobold, a lizardfolk, a chromatic dragonborn and a yuan-ti plot to destroy the warmbloods.
>>
>>50292623
make them number one
>>
>>50292623
read 8bit theater, that is essentially what you are asking for.
>>
File: 11b.jpg (48KB, 415x392px) Image search: [Google]
11b.jpg
48KB, 415x392px
>>50292845
>Thinking alignment restricts your actions
Seriously this has been explicitly spelled out as the exact opposite in every single edition.
>>
>>50293259
>Thinking that's the ONLY problem with alignments and not just the tip of the shitberg.
>>
Make a party of goblins or kobolds hell-bent on murdering the last group of adventurers and everyone they've ever loved because they've finally had enough of player characters walking into their dungeon and fucking it up.

Basically go Jon Wick / Taken but with a team of murderous, ingenious and underhanded goblins.
>>
Lieutenants of an oppressive commander serving his orders while secretly trying to replace him. Possible tie in of secretly funding and supporting a rebellion to weaken his grasp on his own empire.

The previous curator of a dungeon has been killed and his dungeon looted by adventurers. You would-be dungeon masters all arrive to take over and decide to team up. And so begins a journey of collecting minions, capturing monsters, kidnapping artisans to build traps, negotiating dark favors from cults and spreading tales of treasure to lure adventurers into your snare.

You are a bunch of right proper cunts who assassinate, blackmail, rob and ruin various noble and merchant houses for coin and contract in the biggest trade city in the kingdom.

You are lower level cultists to a dead god serving his will and performing strange and arcane rituals at his behest, earning yourselves dark boons in your crusade against the holy church that's as his downfall.

Somebody left a drink on your favorite table at your favorite tavern without a coaster.
>>
>>50292623
>Common goals
>Friends can be dicks to everyone else
>COMMON GOAL
>>
>>50294051
I like the idea of them having a dungeon
>>
>>50294362
How should I go about managing a dungeon
>>
>>50293840
>he can't handle consensus reality or objective morality settings
When Good and Evil are elemental forces intrinsic to the fucking universe like they are in most D&D settings (particularly FR), alignments work very well if you understand them and aren't a huge faggot.
>>
>>50292623
Give them a reason to stick together AND an endgame.
The former because players are fast to equate evil with backstabbing scumbag, and your campaign will fall apart if everyone tries to murder everyone. Trust is vital.
The latter because gratuitous backstabbing will still happen if your PCs have no clear direction and various conflicting goals. Everyone should be cool with everyone else's evil plans. No overambitious planet-ruling wannabes.
>>
>>50292623
Well its D&D so theres that to overcome.

And your not self aware enough genocide based careers are bad.

So get ready for pointless betrayal and lol random
>>
>>50294420
>>50294362
>>50294051
Dungeon Keeper thread?
Dungeon Keeper thread.

But to answer your question you need to get them to agree on what the dungeon's purpose is. Are you digging deeply to unearth terrible cursed relics? Isbiy a place of power for profane rituals? Is it just a good vase of operations from which to stage attacks on the locals? These will answer a lot of questions as form follows function.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.