[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a type of monster or non-human race turns out to be humans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

>a type of monster or non-human race turns out to be humans in disguise

Has this ever happened in a game for you?
>>
File: dm dexter.jpg (27KB, 399x310px) Image search: [Google]
dm dexter.jpg
27KB, 399x310px
>>50290103
the reverse. stole the idea but i had my players find some orcs near a woman with a bag over her head with some serious implied rape involved, so they butcher the villains and go to the woman
>remove bag
>snakes for hair
>congrats you saved a medusa
>now give me those saving throws
>>
>>50290118

When you said reverse I thought you meant a village of humans who were all monsters in disguise. Which isn't an unknown plot, especially with shit like dopplegangers
>>
File: 1340433133397.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1340433133397.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
>>50290103
In one session ut sort of became a running gag, kind of got old after the first few times though. Like no one in the party had great perception or scrying abilities, so after we got fooled the first time the GM ran with it

>Find a jungle dwelling tribe of "elves"
>Just a tribe of unusually fair skinned humans that cut their ears as an initiation ritual (like scarification in other cultures)

>Find demon looking guys
>They are just people who after generations of living in a cave under strange toxic magic light evolved red skin and cat like pupils to see in the safe and dark types of the cave

>Find "orcs"
Just a nomadic Indian like tribe that paints themselves with green war paint made from some beetle and puts wild hog bone/tusk mouth guards in before they attack

>Find halflings
>Just a troupe of circus dwarfs that decided to found a community

>Find beast people
>Just a bunch of weeaboos who somehow came across a bunch of cosplay manga that had gotten caught up in an inter dimensional vortex during the tsunami and decided to copy it thinking it was a message from the gods

The worst part, it's not like the setting doesn't have all these guys and the GM was just filling in their role with humans, it actually does, we just "somehow" manage to find look alike everywhere we went that first campaign. Credit where credit is due though, it was kind of fun trying to figure out exactly how we were going to end up being tricked next.
>>
>>50290103
>You thought that the monster of the castle was Morrigan.
>But it was me! Macha!
>>
>>50290223
>>Find halflings
>>Just a troupe of circus dwarfs that decided to found a community

This made me laugh way harder than I should have.
>>
>It was old man NPC all along, just dressing up as a beholder so he could scare everyone off and keep the BBEGs hidden treasure all to himself

>AND I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT TOO IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU MEDDLING PCs AND YOUR BLASTED FAMILIAR!
>>
>>50290238

>the succubus was old man NPC in a costume, seducing everyone so he would dustract them from the old abandoned gold mine
>>
is this a sex thing?
>>
>>50290452
Do you want it to be?
>>
There was a Deadlands game where we shot a weird disproportionate looking guy (we thought it was a Munster) but it turned out to be just 3 "midgets" in a trench coat
>>
>>50290484

It's always a sex thing
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.