[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell Me How Shit My System Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1478491743585.jpg (1MB, 2544x3498px)
1478491743585.jpg
1MB, 2544x3498px
So I made a amalgam of three systems for my Friday group to use. I taught them through RISUS and wanted to make a system that could serve as a thiccer juicer version so they don't get bored of it and such.

If anyone could give me any feedback on it, tell me what should change and what works, I'd be mighty thankful.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AitkuJpuNllonN-gOV_Dtl3kHJMxIV6gfJ9bzu_3Q6s/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>50285994
Type this up so that it's easy for people to read, these are clearly your shorthand notes.

Damage is done by removing body skill, then keep stat dice, but body is a keep stat, isn't it? Also, do you mean, if you lose a defwnse roll then you lose a die from your rolling pool? As in, your wounds equals the number of body die you have? Do all attacks deal 1damage then?

All combat actions will involve rolling a half dozen dice, on both sides, then adding up the numbers. This can massively slow down play.

This thing is a mess.
>>
>>50286460
Hmm yea, I made it in a few hours today. Thanks for picking it apart.

The damage goes by RISUS rules, it'll be a lot easier for my players to understand...hopefully. I'll clean that up then. I really liked the roll against roll aspect of RISUS, keeps the players invested, but if I'm going to have people rolling this many dice I might need to figure out a static defense number.

Body/Mind/Sense are all "bubble stats" (don't have a good name for them yet but I'm going to rename it). They basically aren't numbers used for rolling, instead they're meant to be the main derivative stat to get things like Nerve and how much you can Raise a roll. I need to put in something now that I'm thinking of it, they're supposed to be the lowest of the two stats below them. All attacks do 1 die unless otherwise stated.

I think I'll have to change some of the concepts, bigger dice pools mean more common doubles and such.

Thank you again.
>>
>>50286571
Consider moving from an addition system to a 'successes' system like Shadowrun. Instead of keeping a certain amount of dice and adding them together (which will make target dc's hard to calculate. Stop by the homebrew thread and ask them if they can even model that system.) Just increase your dice pool, and count the dice that come up above a certain number as a 'success' this will save a lot of time on addition, since sorting out your four best dice from your pool of 9 and then adding them together can quickly become time consuming.

A lot of systems use both stats and attributes as terms, you may want to call your 'bubble stats' attributes.

That said, you may just want to try an already made system. Risus is fun and does its job well, but if you want meatier there are other systems that work well too. Just, depends on what you want.
>>
>>50286676
Thanks, I'll use Attribute for Bubble Stat. Much better name.

I wanted to emulate the roll system in Third Edition of Legend of the Five Rings. That's where my adding shit comes from.
>>
>>50286730
Not familiar with that system so I can't help sorry.
>>
>>50286739
You've helped a lot! Thanks again. I was gonna leave this up as I sleep anyways so I'm going to bed, fix the problems in the morning
>>
>>50286767
Someone just started a game design general, they'll probably have more advice.

>>50286764
>>
>>50286793
Thank you!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.