[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any better way to paladin than this, /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 26

File: paladin.jpg (136KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
paladin.jpg
136KB, 800x800px
Is there any better way to paladin than this, /tg/?
>>
>>50284166
Only equal ways.
Like Sam Vimes or Sabriel.
>that moment where the head scientist is monologing about necessity and acceptable sacrifice, then Doomguy looks at a corpse and cracks his knuckles
>>
>>50284166
Doomguy is less of a ....

well y'know what, truth be told, I guess he never really DOES do anything Un-Paladinlike, does he?

He never lies, never cheats, never even sneaks around. Just runs around murderfucking Demons everywhere. Sure, there are his Origins, but it's clear he's been at the redemption thing for some time.
>>
>>50284505
Paladins are equal parts avenging smite-o-matics and beacons of hope and good as I see them.
Doomguy is.. I dont know, some kind of holy avenger class while probably qualified for being a paladin, it isn't quite appropriate.
>>
>>50284525
Don't forget his rigteous anger at the doctor and the ceo over the destruction caused, and him taking action to save the AI. While it's not much, it shows a modicum of good and 'protect the innocent' mindset.
>>
>>50284675
I suppose he hasn't really got much opportunity to do the more wholesome aspects of being a paladin.
There's no comfy adventure hooks for him, he can't exactly help build a new schoolhouse for the children. Because the children are dead and the schoolhouse is filled with demons.
Every day it's demons, demons, demons and even more demons. Occasionally a demon cultist or an evil human working with demons, but mostly demons.

Hope he gets a nice rest and hot meal after he slaughters literally every single demon ever.
>>
>>50284525
Doomguy is totally a symbol of hope. If I were in a shitty situation and I saw Doomguy, I would know that things would get better. Doesn't matter if I'm trapped in some horrible other dimension or just having a really terrible day, seeing Doomguy would absolutely inspire me.
>>
>>50284675
>Hayden tries to convince Doomguy the Mars facility was worth it from a computer monitor
>Doomguy looks at a dead civilian
>Doomguy looks at the moniter
>Doomguy cracks his knuckles
>Doomguy punches the monitor

He remembers the fallen.
He knows your sins.
He is your judgment.
He is your Doom.
>>
>>50284761
Paladin as fuck
>>
File: SA_DS_HH.png (3MB, 2200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SA_DS_HH.png
3MB, 2200x1600px
>>50284166
Just gonna post this sooner rather than later.
>>
File: SamusComic1.png (718KB, 666x4907px) Image search: [Google]
SamusComic1.png
718KB, 666x4907px
>>50284166
>>50285511
>>
File: SamusComic2.png (502KB, 666x3899px) Image search: [Google]
SamusComic2.png
502KB, 666x3899px
>>50285687
Paladin af
>>
>>50285687
>>50285709
It's still hilarious to me that the Metroid team didn't know what a bounty hunter was when they made Samus and called her one, and then tried to backtrack on that
>>
>>50284761
After millennia of being trapped in Hell, no doubt seeing the rise and fall of numerous worlds and realities that the demons conquered, and only ever showing up in the aftermath, it's no surprise that all Doomguy feels at this point is regret and rage.

>>50285687
>>50285709
Which is why he and Ms. Aran need to spend some bonding time over the subject of mass destruction and enemies that WONT FUCKING DIE.
>>
>>50284166
Yes, he IS a paladin, but not your regular one. He's not a paladin of righteousness and light, holding the torch of hope to rally the good around himself. He's the paladin who forsakes the torch of hope in favor of a burning blade forged from hate and tempered by his rage. He's not the paladin who helps the downtrodden, the one who makes the world a better place. No, he's the paladin who stands between the world and the darkness. He's the paladin who eternally battles the darkness to ensure that the world has the chance to become better, that the downtrodden have the chance to rise. He's the man who drives the darkness back so that others may bring the light that he has forsaken himself of.
>>
>>50286165
Their definition was apparently different. She's closer to a mercenary.
>>
>>50284303
and then smash the shit out of the intercommunicator with said knucles.
>>
>>50286286
he is, Kaldor Draigo done right
>>
File: doomslayer 2.jpg (825KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
doomslayer 2.jpg
825KB, 1920x1080px
>>50286286
He bathed himself in hell to the point that demons looked under their beds just to make sure the doomslayer wasn't there.
and he was there. he always was there.
>>
>>50286311
Also required to post this

>In the First Age
>In the first battle
>When the shadows first lengthened
>One stood
>He chose the path of perpetual torment
>In his ravenous hatred, he found no peace
>And with boiling blood, he scoured the Umbral Planes, seeking vengeance against the Dark Lords who had wronged him
>And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him...
>The Doom Slayer.
-Slayer's Testament I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm932Sqwf5E
>>
>>50285511
Artist here. I'm not pleased with that pic. I think I'm going to start over.
>>
>>50284166
>Literally devours demonic essence to heal his wounds
>Wears hell-forged armor and a sword fueled by raw hell-energy
>Actively seeks out demonic sigils to make himself stronger
>In short, uses the power of Hell liberally in order to murderfuck Hell in revenge for his world being destroyed
>His implied-to-be-angelic backing outright calls him worse than the demons
The Doomslayer isn't a Paladin. He isn't remotely Holy or Pure or anything like that. He is an unholy, Hell-Fueled engine of retribution and vengeance on the worst of Hell and Man alike. I'm not saying he's not a 'good' person, but a real paladin would have Fallen and died a long time ago, because using the tools of Hell to kill Hell is kind of a thing paladins are Not Allowed To Do.
>>
File: 1478106472020.gif (966KB, 444x272px) Image search: [Google]
1478106472020.gif
966KB, 444x272px
>>50286476
>He's gonna make it better than it already was
>>
>>50286357
It seems the story always begins with humanity unleashing an ancient evil upon an unprepared earth.

Instead, humans have unleashed an ancient avenger upon an unprepared hell.

You almost have to feel sorry for the demons.
>>
>>50286524
>AN ANCIENT GOOD AWAKENS
>>
>>50286514
Doom 1 Doomguy est Doomguy. None of that pussy ass "using hell to kill hell" stuff. Just a marine and his rifle.
>>
>>50286554
The Doom Slayer is heavily implied - and believed by the fandom - to be Doomguy after getting a whole fuck of a lot of upgrades due to his badassery.
>>
>>50286514
He's almost like a Concordant Killer.
>>
>>50286554
That's what he may have started out with, but now? He's human the same way a Custodes or even the Emperor is human. Yes and no. He was born human, his soul, his heart IS human, but he is also beyond humanity, he has taken the power of Hell and bent it to his will with his rage in order to better destroy it.
>>
>>50286514
>And in his conquest against the blackened souls of the doomed, his prowess was shown.
>In his crusade, the seraphim bestowed upon him terrible power and speed, and with his might he crushed the obsidian pillars of the Blood Temples.
>He set forth without pity upon the beasts of the nine circles.
>Unbreakable, incorruptible, unyielding, the Doom Slayer sought to end the dominion of the dark realm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5uq2VnEJRc

Let's see...

>Blessed by angels
>Crusade against hell
>Tore down their heathen temples
>Incorruptible

He's a fucking paladin.
>>
>>50286602
Exactly. He's lame now. He was way cooler when he was just a guy
>>
File: whenyouripandtearjustright.png (232KB, 500x543px) Image search: [Google]
whenyouripandtearjustright.png
232KB, 500x543px
>everyone's talking about being a paladin.
>whocareswhentherearedemonstokill
>>
File: thumbsup-c1816.jpg (67KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup-c1816.jpg
67KB, 1200x627px
>>50286650
>>
File: 1478265617452.jpg (80KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478265617452.jpg
80KB, 400x400px
>>50286619
>He's lame now
>He literally spent thousands of years killing so many demons that his body began to change to use Argent Energy
>This somehow makes him lame
>>
>>50286686
he's more into the batman "badass Normal" set up where super powers are for whimps and losers
>>
>>50286713
I prefer Punisher. But I guess.
>>
>>50286686
Yeah, now he's all superpowered. To me it was much cooler when he was just a guy, ripping and tearing with his good old human strength
>>
File: love2.png (1MB, 2200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
love2.png
1MB, 2200x1600px
>>50286515
Concept
>>
>>50286734
My point still stands, and since I can't post the same image twice
"What are you, gay?"
>>
Doomguy himself is not powered by hell energies, it's the suit that does that.
However, even without the suit, he's an absolute badass murder lord. In the opening scene, he rips through heavy iron manacles with his own innate strength, and smashes open the braincase of a demon with one hand.
Doomguy is not one to fuck with.
>>
>>50286734

Face it, having Doomguy kick enough ass that the seraphim say "Holy shit, this guy's hard" is pretty cool.
>>
>>50286769
Wait, it's the SUIT that lets him do that?
Well then shit >>50286619 >>50286734 dude, he's still 12 on a 10 point scale of bad mamma jamma human
>>
>>50286614
I just like to imagine what it must have been like when the Doomguy first met these guys, like the Seraphim.

>Human, we have observed your path of destruction from afar. We are impressed by the righteous fury you bring against the doomspawn.
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? FUCK, MY EYES. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT, YOU SHINY, SISSY-VOICED PRICK?
>Your rage has protected you from the powers of corruption. Have you not seen how you have changed at this consumption of argent power? You have not slept in two months.
TWO MONTHS? FUCK, I WAS SO BUSY KILLING DEMONS I DIDN'T NOTICE. SO WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT THEN, EH BUD?
>We have great plans for you, human.
>>
>>50286797
It's unclear. The suit no doubt helps him, but it's an ensemble, you know? A warrior of retribution is greater than each of his parts. The Doom Slayer is flesh, yes, but he's also armor, shotgun, fist, and fury. He's all those things, and more.

Mostly fury.
>>
>>50286759
>>50285511
You know, I'd love to see what their kid would be like.
>>
>>50286797
>>50286802
You know what else's awesome? A fucking demon saw this guy sticking his boot up hell's proverbial ass and thought:

"You know what this guy needs? More of fucking EVERYTHING!"

And the praetor suit was born.

And hell was doubly fucked.
>>
File: Baby Herc Killing Snakes.jpg (31KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Baby Herc Killing Snakes.jpg
31KB, 720x576px
>>50286833
Pic related, except replace "Giant poisonous snakes" with "Demon-possessed phazon metroids".
>>
>>50286833
It'd tear the crib apart a week after they bring it him.
>>
>>50286833
and that's how the Emperor was Born
>>
File: supermanrooftop.jpg (344KB, 1000x1605px) Image search: [Google]
supermanrooftop.jpg
344KB, 1000x1605px
>>50284166
/co/ reporting in.
>>
>>50286849
Be confident in yourself. If you've been killing demons in a flak jacket with your bare hands for a few decades and all's going well, then good on you.

But if a flaming angel and a demon-smith come forward and go "we're big fans, have some magitek", don't be so insecure as to turn down free-ass pimp gear.
>>
File: 16054_AMC_PRCH_Promo_ItCameHere.jpg (88KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
16054_AMC_PRCH_Promo_ItCameHere.jpg
88KB, 1920x1080px
At least in Season 1 of the TV show. Comic is a whole different story.
>>
File: doomslayer.jpg (413KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
doomslayer.jpg
413KB, 1680x1050px
>>50286579
>>
>>50286849
>And in his terrible rancor between worlds and through time, the Hell Walker found the wretch who shall not be named, but in his heresy was loyal to the evil cause.
I wonder how giving Doomguy the suit of armor that made him nigh unstoppable is still being loyal to the "evil cause" on the part of the wretch?

Unless for demons the evil cause is a fancy way of saying "doing it for shits and giggles" and he was true to it because watching his friends get brutalized even harder by their own technology was just the funniest thing the wretch could think of.
>>
File: training 1.jpg (393KB, 943x1149px) Image search: [Google]
training 1.jpg
393KB, 943x1149px
>>50286833
She would be the Elsa Bloodstone of the videogame universe.
And that's saying something.
>>
File: training 2.jpg (293KB, 1201x675px) Image search: [Google]
training 2.jpg
293KB, 1201x675px
>>50287043
>>
>>50286993
>Unless for demons the evil cause is a fancy way of saying "doing it for shits and giggles"
judging from the doom games, that's pretty much hell's agenda.
>>
>>50286797
Damn straight. Pure argent energy only upgrades his suit. While health packs are also argent-derived, they heal anyone.
>>
>>50286993
The "evil cause" is Doomguy slaughtering all the demons.

Even though the demons love murder and conquest, they refer to Doomguy as "barbaric" and basically say how he's THEIR version of evil.

To demons, Doomguy is the demon.
>>
I think in summary we can say that Doomguy qualifies to be a paladin, and does demon slaying very well.
However being a paladin is more than smiting evil, and we dont know if he's good at that as well because he never has a chance to.

Samus is probably a good choice though. She fights aliens, doesn't afraid of anything and finds time to enjoy the sunset after she finishes killing a living planet. Plus her comics have her as a space paladin pretty much.
Other M isn't real. You dreamed that. Never happened. Nuh-uh.
>>
>>50287219
>To demons, Doomguy is the demon.
And to stop the demon, they dropped a fucking mountain on him mid-fight and then put him in a magic coffin to make sure he never woke up, and fought with unspeakable ferocity to make sure no one ever dug him out. Name one 'good' culture that was half that hardcore fighting demons.
>>
>>50287246
Other M is an argument for why a work must sometimes pass hands, it seems like Nintendo has been spiteful to it ever since Other M after it was clear the Prime Trilogy was mor eliked
>>
>>50286802
>SO WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT THEN, EH BUD?
>doomguy is Canadian
>>
>>50287334
Honestly would not be surprised.
>>
>>50287334
He's the best at what he does, even if what he does isn't very nice.
...Wait.
>>
>>50284303
>Sam Vimes
Are you too stupid to read a book? Carrot is the real paladin. Vimes, like Doomguy, is a very tarnished paladin.

And Sabriel? Has nothing to do with paladins. At all. She's a fucking mage. What the fuck, it's like saying 'Merlin was a great fighter' or 'Conan, greatest priest in fiction'

And OP >>50284166
You illiterate fuckhead, go read Dresden Files. Shiro and Michael are the best paladins in all fiction. ALL OF IT.
>>
>>50286514
He just has insane determination that would break lesser men.
>>
>>50287351
We'd be proud to have him.
>>
>>50284166
At the very least, he's a honorary paladin. He may not have taken any class levels in it, per se, but at a certain number of demons vanquished you're a paladin one way or another. Sort of like the way a cleric becomes a necromancer, you know?
>>
>>50286165
>translators
>>
>>50287465
Who in the guard besides Nobby and Colon aren't paladins by the time the Pratchett died?

Fuck what Snuff did to Colon, btw. You can tell he was getting ghostwritten at that point when Colon forgets all the character development he had and just decides to steal a funeral urn for the fuck of it.
>>
File: 1458807730571.png (100KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1458807730571.png
100KB, 250x250px
>>50284505
>never cheats
>IDKFA
>IDDQD
>>
>>50286686
I'm so glad you used Zapp brannigan for this because its a wonderful example of how the best tech and the best gear and the badest-assed stuff aren't as cool as the scrappy nobody who kicks all the ass.

Faggot.
>>
>>50287529
>not IDCHOPPERS
>>
File: doom guys laughing.jpg (39KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
doom guys laughing.jpg
39KB, 500x420px
>>50285511
>>
>>50286993
probably it feeds double-hell
>>
>>50284166
Fly Taggart in the Doom novel series. Is "Lawful Good", and incorruptible. Literally finds out in the third book that only humans die and have "religion" and "souls", and in the fourth book that Humans with Faith in "something" cannot be corrupted by an Alien infection.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_novels

Straight up Paladin there. It's even conceivable that the 2016 Doomguy is Fly now in another dimension, or reincarnated, or existing an a virtual universe, or possibly that the final BBEG alien race the Newbies evolved into a new layer of existence

> "They chase after the Newbie-human ship, which is heading for Earth, although on arrival, they discover that the Newbies never arrived, likely having evolved out of existence as well (as affected by the Newbie soul the game-force had captured)." - quote from the Synopsis of Endgame

and in this new reality Doomguy is part of it due to the influence Fly had on the Newbies, particularly the first "Newbie" consciousness that evolved out of existence while in a VR simulation with Fly and Arlene (Female protagonist). So Doomguy, if not actually Fly, could be the distillation of how the Newbies saw Fly (which would make a lot of sense IMO for both his abilities as well as his Doomguy personality being kind of lacking as he would be an existence brought about from outside observation as opposed to internal creation.)

Anyways. Possibilities and headcanons aside, dude was originally a Defender of the Realm whose job was to defend the realm and its Gods from the forces of Hell, and is powered by the spirits of the demons he kills thanks to the blessing of Seraphim and the holy armour and weapons they granted him.
>>
>>50287588
Always liked Flynn in the books.

>2016 Doomguy is Fly
If a new book came out and he's doing his usual inner monologue the entire time while zipping around like a human Fly killing demons, I will die a happy man.
>>
>>50286992
This picture always makes me laugh, It looks less like he's about to put his fist through his skull and more like he's demanding that baron's lunch money.
>>
>>50287666
No bullying demons?
>>
>>50287588
>novel series
Just like other game novels and movie-extending novels- they are trash and should not be considered representetive of characters.
>>
>>50287546
thats master chief in that pic....
>>
>>50287810
Yes, and?
>>
>>50287334
>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF
>>
>>50287654
Well, like I said, he could be Fly, or he could be something created by the Newbies inadvertently because Fly created an inescapable impression.

And since the Newbies evolved into another state of existence, it could be that once they created Doomguy, while he didn't exist until they created him afterwards he always existed.

Like, if the reality exists as a single state when viewed from the outside with "time" being just being another measurement of it's dimensions, then it's possible.

The universe of Doom 2016 could be set in a parallel world where the Newbies and other aliens didn't exist. Given the whole "only humans die and have religion" and the whole "Trapped in VR because of your soul, but your soul exists beyond this reality so we couldn't capture all of it" I feel you could make the argument that Humans exist in all realities due to a portion of them existing outside the multiverse entirely. Like, the multiverse is the infinite edge of the wheel, and souls stretch out from the hub to the edge and touch on every point, and individual universes are just different points of the wheel as viewed from the side so you don't see the hub or the soul spokes.

Argent energy is trans-dimensional in nature, could be souls (Spiritual Energy Field Theory).

Hell is the existence of the Newbies in between the soul/spokes, intercepting the energy.

And when Hell was made, Doomguy was made in the spoke space and so exists now in all universes.
>>
>>50287334
Some real god damned maple syrup!
>>
File: F636xiP[1].gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
F636xiP[1].gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>50287810
>>
>>50286554
>what are soulspheres
>>
>>50287937
Those are human souls.
>>
>>50287740
Did you read the 1990 novels?

Jesus Anon. It was pretty decent sci-fi, definitely YA stuff regarding the general themes but the characterizations were pretty good and honestly they improved a lot over the series as they took the premise from the first novel and ran with it instead of trying to tie it to the DOOM series.

I suggest you give it a read, like I said they ARE kind of YA level so it's not like I'm asking you for much.

> Representing DOOM guy

Literally the MC designed to be as flat as possible so that the Player could identify with him more. Once again, the good thing about the Doom novel series was they didn't even fucking try to make it an explanation or a continuation of the games, but instead went the "inspired by" route.
>>
>>50287965
Trapped in some magic sphere which you fucking consume to enhance your physical strength. That's unholy if you ask me.

And then there's megaspheres... embarrassing a mancubus soul? Whatever it is, it's some black magic.
>>
>>50287465
Vimes is a fantastic paladin BECAUSE he's tarnished. He's not clean. He's not pure. The world has damaged him. But he still gets up in the morning and protects people. That's what makes him such a compelling character.

Faggot.
>>
>>50284166
In a solo campaign that's entirely combat-focused?

If so, then you suggest Paladins are terrible and should never be included in any good group games.
>>
>>50288023
>implying you don't need DPS
>>
Doomguy is chaotic thus not paladin
>>
>>50287465
Nigga, Carrot is a good guy, but he's no Paladin. He doesn't have the Faith that it requires for one thing, and later on in the books he becomes pretty manipulative and cynical even. Since one couldn't say all those ambiguous threats without being cynical. One of the biggest criticisms I have about Discworld is that Carrot never actually gets called on his shit by anyone, except indirectly by Vimes and Angua. Carrot never really gets tested.

Carrot kills Lupine Wonse in cold blood by "throwing the book at him" and plays it off as misunderstanding Vime's order - which, even if true, he could have questioned Vimes about it same as if Vimes had said "stab him with your sword". Carrot is Heroic, but definitely NOT a Paladin.

Vimes on the other hand is so much a Paladin it fucking hurts. He sees the evil in people, much like detect evil. It rankles him, he can't tolerate it and he wants to destroy it root and branch. But he has faith in the Law. He believes in a code, and his entire character growth is pretty much him refusing to fucking fall even though he comes close. He isn't always nice like Carrot, or even honest exactly. He killed Wolfgang in cold blood, not because he was a threat but because Wolfgang was a monster - and there was no court to take him to. You'll note he doesn't kill assassins for instance. He didn't kill Carter who threatened his son. He didn't kill the dwarves who attacked his mansion and his family. Also tried to kill him, but whatever.

Dude stands up to his boss, to foreign leaders, to the booze etc. He has zero compromise, but isn't without compassion.
>>
>>50288010
I'll give you not clean, but I'd argue Vimes is pure. Dude will arrest anyone. His boss (even when he knows that it's a screw job, even when he's doing so on behalf of the people he hates the most in the world) the man who once fought his way through an army to arrest a king, the man who arrested a Dragon. Dude pretty much keeps himself under house arrest inside his head, along with a spirit of vengeance.

And despite all that, he manages to be Good as well as Lawful. If History wasn't determined, I feel in a sense that he would have ended up arresting an entire city in Night Watch.
>>
>>50288277
Fair point. "Pure" was a poor word choice on my part.
>>
>>50288204
To be fair, I think part of his 'power' is that he never gets called on this. Vimes and Angua indirectly call him on it, sometimes they evern try to do so directly, but his face is just so open and honest that they can't. And in any case, what do you expect would happen? I see it most likely as
>Carrot... you just killed a man. Don't claim you misunderstood my order, you knew exactly what you were fucking doing.
>Well gee shucks commander I have no idea what on earth you're talking about, and with my gloriously open and honest face I dare you to prove it in a court of law.'
>>
>>50286286
Doomguy is the Ashbringer to Uther's Uther.
>>
>>50288192
Not 5e Paladins
>>
>>50288403
>5e
>>
>>50288434
Do you like playing 3."caster or suck" Edition?
>>
>>50288316
Well, that's the thing. Pratchett even points out in the book how when people call him on things, he makes noncommittal statements.

Personally, I would have loved to have that theme actually continued, but as a sort of climax to a story. Or the crux of one. A plot where his innocence in something is in question and he has to try and prove himself and the reader never gets to know if he gave in to temptation or not. Or he goes to face the Villain offscreen, and comes back after having the choice between killing them or not, and the villain is completely unsympathetic. Or unable to stop being a villain, like a vampire that couldn't stop drinking blood and killing people when they did so.

I would have liked to have seen Carrot face off against someone like Carter, someone who's evil just because they can be. Someone who wouldn't strike at Carrot, when they could strike at the people around him. Someone who would finally let Carrot down.
>>
>>50288453
3.5 was the peak, everything after was babyfied crap
>>
>>50288477
So yes, you like playing 3."Casters only"
>>
>>50288456
I admit I have some trouble understanding your idea, but it sounds to me a little like the 'make the paladin fall' quests/plot points, though slightly adjusted. And I think that like a good Paladin, Carrot would end up making his own answer, taking the third option. Interesting and good to read, but possibly not providing the theme-catharsis you're imagining. Otherwise this ends up like the Joker continually trying to 'break' the Batman.
>>
>>50286899
dubs does it
this is actually the best way to paladin
>>
>>50288192
It's hard to call him chaotic. He follows a rigid code of fuck all demons.
>>
>>50288500
>Otherwise this ends up like the Joker continually trying to 'break' the Batman.
You know, speaking of. I know Batman says "Murder would be easy, too easy, it's like potato chips, you can't kill just one scumbag, it's up to the state and the people to kill or not kill", but...how long can those rationalizations stand up when you have a monster clown whose entire life purpose is to fuck with you, has personally murdered your adopted son and crippled your honorary niece for life, who routinely commits mass murder as mere collateral damage, and who is always slapped into a prison he can basically walk right out of anytime he wants? At what point is not killing the Joker accepting at least partial culpability in his parade of crimes? And why the fuck hasn't Jokey met an unfortunate end at the hands of a 'concerned citizen' with a shotgun or hunting rifle?
>>
>>50288500
Not so much "Make the Paladin Fall" - because that's Vimes schtick.

Moreso what happened in the 5th Elephant, where he quit the watch and chased Angua down. I guess I just want to see Carrot actually be selfish, and admit it, and not in a "works out for everyone in the end so it's okay". I wouldn't really consider that falling, so much as Carrot growing and doing something purely for himself and not someone else.

Maybe have him go back to his home mine for a funeral and finding a place for him there, and having to choose between the Mine and Ankh-Morpork. Having it be an honest choice, where both places want him but could get along without him. Angua is fine with both places as well. And have him finally choose a place to be because that's what he wants, regardless of what others want. Even if it makes people left behind sad.

I dunno. He just seems too DMPC for me, and I feel that he was really getting some good development over the years but it didn't quite finish before Alzheimer.
>>
>>50288625
"Every habit counts as a code!" is annoying shit
Please dont repeat it
It is not right
>>
>>50288665
>"works out for everyone in the end so it's okay".
The Fifth Element didn't really work out for everyone, though. Him leaving threw the Watch into utter chaos and sent the thought "Old Stoneface is gonna go *spare*" ricocheting through the entire city for weeks on end. It only got resolved with no broken faces because Carrot rushed the fuck back while Vimes was having his romantic getaway and shouted everyone back into place. It "worked out" in the sense of "Everything got successfully swept under the rug before Dad came home", sure, but it was fucking selfish of Carrot to do, regardless.
>>
>>50288661
Like I pointed out earlier regarding Vimes, Vimes also believes in "no killing (If possible, and not by intent. Things happen in the scrum.)"

But there was the time he killed Wolfgang by letting him chase and catch a firework in his mouth.

Because there wasn't any prison to put him into, any court he could take him to, any censure or restriction he could put on him. So Vimes, in a land without Law, had to fill those roles.

Batman doesn't kill the Joker because there are prisons to put him into. He HAS other options. It's seriously not Batman's fault that the Joker keeps escaping.

Although now that I think about it, honestly Batman and Superman etc. switching off as being the Warden of Arkham would probably be a better use of their time than doing anything as their alter egos. They wouldn't even have to spend as much time fighting crime because, well, they would already be with all the super criminals.
>>
>>50287519
I thought the urn was in a fag he was "gifted" by the shopkeep. He wouldn't give it up, but that had to do with bad goblin juju.
>>
>>50288693
Just. As. Planned.

Why do you think Vetinari let it go on? Like Carrot was the only capable human who could have stepped in?

Heck, the thought of Vimes throwing a wobbler was actually good for the City.

Carrot was a smug dude who always knew Angua would come back with him if he chased her, and that he would be able to fix things when he got back to the city.

You think your parents don't know you're having a party while they're out of town? They're just willing to okay it if there isn't much mess when they get back.
>>
>>50288701
Honestly don't understand why Supes doesn't make a megaprison with all his kryptonian tech. One of them can go out and catch bad guys and the other can guard the prison. This is without accounting for the rest of the Justice League. It'd be a nice Elseworlds story.
>>
>>50288753
I think it's been tried. Several times. It always ends in either "Justice League turns into Orwellian supervillain kings of Earth" or "Villains take over prison and trap heroes in it". No middle ground.
>>
>>50288661

The whole point of Batman is that he is not a superhero, he is a mental illness. Bruce Wayne is the hero who has everything to offer. Batman is a mental construction of a man who's lost his shit. He isn't rational, or good, he just happens to be extremely dangerous and directed solely at criminals.

The reason he can't kill the Joker in his mind is because the Joker more than anyone else, he SHOULD kill him. Because the joker would be the most justifiable act of homicide in all of Gotham, choosing not to kill him matters most of all. So long as Batman hasn't killed the Joker, he can tell himelf that he's still a good guy.

"Look, I haven't killed even the worst criminal in the city! Everyone wants me to, and I don't do it! If I'm unwilling to kill even the worst criminal in the city, then it PROVES how strong my moral code is. And that means I MUST still be sane and in control of my actions!"

Batman doesn't kill the Joker because it proves to him he's still a good guy, and because this is a self-justification, it's not right. Him not killing the Joker and letting people die in the process is evidence that he isn't a good guy.

Commissioner Gordon is actually a good guy, though, and would shoot and kill the Joker without hesitation. and if the circumstances were immoral, he'd regret it, feel bad, and move on. He'd take the personal suffering of breaking his code to save hundreds of lives because he's genuinely good.
>>
>>50288726
>Like Carrot was the only capable human who could have stepped in?
Well, if you look at the Watch roster for candidates for Watch Captain with the prerequisites of "Capable and human", you have a pool consisting of
>Colon, we saw how that turned out
>Nobby Nobbs. In charge of the Watch. Roll that one around in your head for a moment. Also, Nobby's qualifications as "human" are somewhat under a cloud.
>Constable Visit. Besides rank issues, the dude just isn't especially well-liked.
>Reg Shoe. Ex-human, at least. Might actually be a decent candidate if he agrees not to organize a patriotic sing-song.
Now, of the nonhumans, I'd lay bets on Dorfl being the best interim captain, on the basis that he'd enforce the rules without bias or personal issues and run the Watch like clockwork. Or possibly Detritus if you prefer shouting business over clockwork efficiency. Hey, he's already defied every singe expectation of him, and he's pretty damn smart if you stick him in a cellar, you could do a lot worse.
>>
>>50288753
There's always some shit to do.

It could be pretty neat though. A self contained prison system where each episode focuses on individuals who, given their inability to hurt Superman, are going through various kinds of "super therapy". Like, "killing" Superman dressed up as their enemy, or abusive parent, or the person who let them down.

Simulated "heroic rescues" to prove they could be heroes instead.

Shit like that.

I think it would need Batmans super preparation and analysis bullshit though to come up with complex plans and such.

Have a running sub-plot where the Joker is trying to subvert the system, and Batman knows it and lets him as part of his attempts to rehabilitate him, and the Joker knows THAT and is actually there just to mess with Batman because he got bored, but that Joker is actually a fake who was a Batman fan and thought Batman would be lonely without the Joker.

They don't find this out until the crux of the insurrection/treatment where the "Joker" is unable to actually kill someone and Batman claims he finally managed to treat him and that things can get better now, and the "Joker" starts going on about how Batman is a terrible person for killing the Joker even though he tried so hard to be the Joker for him.

Then they find out that when they isolated all the Supervillains and themselves in the Megaprison, the Joker was out in the world preparing some sort of ironic crime just waiting for Batman to come back and find him - only he never did, so the Joker went Legit out of boredom and now is respected and reformed all on his own and wants to become the warden of the prison so he can play mind games on the inmates WITH Batman. Turns out the Joker pretty much cleaned up Gotham, at first by shady criminal methods but later on by cleaner ones as he got bored and wanted a challenge
>>
>>50288811
Or Vetinari could have changed the prerequisites. Or gotten a Watchman from Quirm. Or found someone else, it's not like those were the only watchmen any more.

We could have had a whole arc about a young man trying to be first Carrot, then Vimes, and having to figure out what it was about them that worked after fucking up. Probably helped by explanations from Colon and Nubby that they didn't actually realize where helpful, or where helpful but not for the reasons they thought it would be.
>>
>>50288840
And then they fuck, right?
>>
>>50288871
I was going to put that the Joker tells Batman that just like how the Joker can't quit the Bat, neither can He, and they both need Batman inside them.

And they return to the Space Prison and there are wacky hijinks that are family friendly for an epilogue comic because I believe in endings.
>>
>>50288940
>And they return to the Space Prison and there are wacky hijinks that are family friendly for an epilogue comic because I believe in endings.
You mean "There's an enormous battle royale where everyone kills everyone else in a 5 minute orgy of violence and gore and is fine again next week", because this is sounding more and more like Superjail DC Edition.
>>
File: Grey Knights.jpg (88KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Grey Knights.jpg
88KB, 1024x576px
>>50286311
He even lead some knight themed demon slayers.
Makes you think.
>>
>>50286514
You what nigga?
>>
>>50287588
it's Flynn, not Fly you dummy
>>
>>50284166
Why do people think Doomguy is a paladin?
>He kills daemons!
That doesn't make him a paladin. He might as well be a fighter or even a ranger type.
Paladins are known for their faith and zealotry. Doomguy just kills daemons because they're assholes.
>>
>>50284749
>Be poor ass daemon tourist lost in some weird place.
>Doomguy shows up.
>Things aren't going to get better anytime soon.
>>
>>50286802
I'll be absolutely honest here: I doubt they'd get that close to him if they could avoid it.
>>
File: 1432917796507.jpg (131KB, 1055x959px) Image search: [Google]
1432917796507.jpg
131KB, 1055x959px
>>50284166
Exfuckingcuse me you cross-riding whore, that man is the most pure and powerful example of a Berserker I will ever know, and I'm not gonna listen to you slop this lame-ass vult-throating Paladin bullshit on him.
>>
>>50288990
Nah man, like Batman the TV Series hijinks where the Joker uses pranks to mess with Batman AND Teach valuable lessons about working together with friends and other skills necessary to reintegrate, and the Batman acts as the reliable Mother figure who forgives the inmates because nobody got hurt and they were tricked into it, and builds another lesson into the forgiveness that complements the Jokers teachings. Because the Jokers teachings, in true Joker fashion, are a little twisted and don't have any brakes on the concept train. Like, the Joker "It's wrong to lie because people won't trust you" as a lesson, getting a psychic inmate to write notes about other inmates (petty) secrets to use in Therapy. Also to leave around for people to find, "The Truth wants to be Free!"

As the prison falls into chaos, he goes to Batman and tells him what he's been doing to help people, but now he's found a big secret and doesn't know what to do. Batman then helps him with the big secret, and tells him that he has to respect people's privacy and that while it's wrong to lie, it's also just as bad to tell the truth for people instead of them helping tell the truth themselves.

Oh, the big secret? It was that one inmate really liked another inmate but always picked on them because they had poor self esteem, but the psychic liked the first inmate and instead of telling them the second one didn't like them back, wanted to try and get them together.

The Psychic also tells him he has a secret regarding the Joker about Batman. Batman decides he shouldn't be told, because even the Joker deserves privacy. The Psychic says that the Joker WANTS him to know the secret though, and Batman assents. The Psychic leans in and whispers into Batmans ear, Batman goes "W-What", then sighs.

Scene cut to the Batman coming back to his office. The Joker is there outside waiting with a smug grin. Batman walks past in silence, leaving the door open. The Joker skips, claps and follows him.
>>
>>50289135
Fly is short for Flynn.

> Corporal Flynn "Fly" Taggart

IDK, I guess I'm old enough to remember/from a culture that gives nicknames.

Educated white upper middle class Canadian.
>>
File: he is the traumatic event.jpg (336KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
he is the traumatic event.jpg
336KB, 2048x2048px
Obligatory.
>>
>>50289169
He was a defender of the Realm and its Gods against the predations of Hell, before betrayal in the order lost the dimension, and responded by fighting demons so hard that they locked him away, powered by souls and armed and armoured by entities called Seraphim.
>>
>>50289229
It's weird. I was in a car accident, got actually quite badly injured. Broken tib-fib, cuboid fracturing in every metatarsal, lisfranc fracturing elsewhere. Intermedullary nail implanted & external fixation of my foot for 8 weeks.

The driver got a scar on her nose.

She's getting counseling for PTSD, I just don't give a fuck. I mean, I deal with people who have PTSD at work (sleep medicine). Lots of healthcare workers in the family, doctors, nurses, EMS. So I know the signs. People around me know the signs. We've dealt with burnout and shit before, I would probably know and definitely get told if I was acting out at all.

But nope. No anxiety driving or being a passenger. No bad dreams. Occasionally something will remind me of the smell of the plastic bedding they use under the sheets and pillowcases around the pillows in the hospital and I feel a little nauseous and "smell" the sour sweaty drug and pain stink but that's about it and while it's unpleasant to remember it's doesn't really affect me other than, well, being unpleasant. It doesn't ruin my day, or zone me out, or even elevate my heart rate or anything.

People are weird.

Hard to tell if it's genetic or upbringing also, I mean everyone in my family deals pretty solidly with traumatic events but is that inherited or learned because we have so many people in high-risk jobs?

Regardless. Don't be a pussy. If you have PTSD, you gotta treat that shit and live life again. See a doctor, do exposure therapy, take meds if needed.
>>
>>50289290
She probably has anxiety over the fact that she nearly killed someone. You.
>>
>>50289301
This.
>>
>>50286386
Sounds like a murderhobo
>>
File: PathofRedemption.png (207KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
PathofRedemption.png
207KB, 500x282px
>>50284166
>Is there a better way to Paladin?

Yes.
>>
>>50289301
This is some of it, yes.

It's funny, I had to be the one to calm her down during the accident. Did a quick check on myself for DCAPBLSTIC, bleeds etc. and saw the bad angle of my foot.

Had to get her to calm down and not try to get me out, just call 911 and whatnot.

Still, I already told her not to worry I'm fine and mistakes happen, that's what insurance is for.

Trying to be supportive so she can have closure, but I can't really make her be better.
>>
File: How I Redemptive Blackguard.jpg (139KB, 620x899px) Image search: [Google]
How I Redemptive Blackguard.jpg
139KB, 620x899px
>>50289464
But only if you show him the way to the mercy end. Only then does he redeem.
>>
File: IMG_20161118_095906.jpg (113KB, 701x1139px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161118_095906.jpg
113KB, 701x1139px
>>50284166
Yed.

Doomguy is a slayer, not a paladin.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.