[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Green Hag Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 8299612_orig.png (245KB, 280x374px) Image search: [Google]
8299612_orig.png
245KB, 280x374px
I'm making a green hag encounter with for my party. Any interesting ideas? Stories from times you've encountered a hag? What do you think about them in general?
>>
>>50282821
I once ran a good session focused on a Green Hag. I had it hound the players indirectly, they were travelling through its territory and it started wearing them down with curses, illusions, and minions, toying with them for its amusement before eventually revealing itself (backed up by its strongest minion yet). It was a pretty fun session.
>>
File: 1334399546929.jpg (528KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1334399546929.jpg
528KB, 1920x1200px
What's her motivation? Why is she a green hag in the first place and why is she in conflict with the party? Does she have a goal?
>>
>>50282821
My players once decided they needed some pocket money and the critical main plot was not that critical despite there clearly being a time limit.
So I did what I usually do, and improvised a few possible bounty hunts they could go on if they really thought it was a good idea.
They went searching for a green hag in a swamp, kids had disappeared, kill her and bring proof, etc.
So the way they approached it, well... was less than optimal. When they found the hag's hut, the changeling bard of the group took the form of a little girl. So far so good.
She knocked at the door, her comrades hidden nearby.
So, well, the hag opened the door, pondered for a moment and grabbed the not-kid. But it turns out a green hag has a strength-draining ability, and the changeling bard had abysmal strength.
So, hem, he died.
"Just walk up to her looking defenseless" was not a very sound tactic.
The others tried to rescue him, but were almost TPK'd, since they were lacking a party member from the start of the fight.

I really like hags and witches and the like, but I'm afraid my player's don't like them anymore. I really did not want to kill them, it just so happens that, well, creatures with a bounty on their head are actually dangerous?
>>
>>50282980
That's awesome. I'd like to do it like that. Except when they find her they won't know it. She will be under the guise of a beautiful woman. Under distress. She will lead them into her home. Into a trap
>>
>>50283656
Many of my party members are religious is some way or another. She seeks religious relics to remove their potential good from the world. Inside her hut the party will see hanging holy relics from all different kinds of religions.
>>
File: TheNightHag.jpg (187KB, 1024x1030px) Image search: [Google]
TheNightHag.jpg
187KB, 1024x1030px
>>50282821

Well generally I save Hags for when I can pull out Night Hag. This level of Hag is usually reserved for the Sisters of the Grey Wastes, Baba Yaga, teh Norns. All those epic or woe inspiring figures. Even if I`m not using any specific figure I can relate it to that- which puts my players into despair.
Alternately I`ve used a sea hag to a parallel to make Ursala/Sea-witch.

Green Hag... Perhaps she's hunting down other hags to absorb their power (by eating their hearts of course)? Every woman's true enemy is every other woman.
She might enlist the PCs help- and thus they end up fighting a hag either way.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.