[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So monks are nice and all....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

but the idea of making a monastic warrior who spent his life training and all that bores me.
How about we take the monk class
Add Beer, add bar brawling add a beard and viola!: We get a Dwarf named Sal who gained exceptional hand-to-hand expertise by participating in too many bar-fights, which also the reason he's on the road( got kicked out of the fortress ).

Can you think of a better twist to the monk class?
>>
>>50281967
That's not exactly new, original or particularly interesting.
It's just a dwarf that drinks and punches things. Half of all fantasy dwarves do that.

Shadowrun adepts are more interesting than that.
Here, how about a fighter who uses magic drug/ nanomachine filled ampoules to supercharge himself to punch things to death at super speed?
Get yourself a biomancer/alchemist brawler.
>>
The monk doesn't need more random shit bolted onto it. The monk class already has a lot of things bolted on to begin with that just don't synergize with one another.
This is the class defined by fighting without weapons, without armor, and without spells.
All monks really need is just the ability to do without stuff.

How about this:
Monks ignore all damage resistance with unarmed strikes.
Attackers don't get to add their BAB to attacks against the monk as long as the monk is unarmored.
Monks move through difficult terrain as though it were normal terrain.
Monks never provoke attacks of opportunity for anything.
Monks are immune to mind-affecting spells and abilities.
Monks are immune to poison.
>>
>>50282180
Or you could just use the PF Unchained monk, which is probably the best full BAB martial class that isn't PoW shit.
>>
>>50281967
I actually think that character concept would be better served by an unarmed barbarian build.

Fucked if I know a system that's even close to optimal in though.

Ah hell, optimization is secondary to fun anyway; and it's not like Monk is ever a top-tier class.
>>
>>50281967
>Drunken dwarf that punches people because he's drunk and also a dwarf

Wow, exciting.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.