[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halo Ground Command/ Halo Ground Command General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Halo-Ground-Command-Covenant[1].jpg (131KB, 960x464px) Image search: [Google]
Halo-Ground-Command-Covenant[1].jpg
131KB, 960x464px
Has anyone played this game yet? I'm really excited about it and am going to buy the set this winter. I've heard good things about it so far but it doesn't really seem to be catching on very well. General thread for this game I guess, let's see who all is interested.
>>
respond pls
>>
>>50281850
Anon, I like the minis, but I haven't played / purchased the game. I don't think it'll necessarily convert a lot of vidya players into table top gamers, and the Halo setting is somewhat of a niche setting. The other thing that may be an issue with people who are already into table top gaming is that Spartan games seems to put out a lot of game lines but isn't the most polished when it comes to rules writing / support. I'd guess that some folks are hesitant to buy in for fear that added Halo content won't arrive if the game doesn't make bucket loads of money.
>>
I'd buy it if anyone I knew knew about it

also if the models were bigger, I can't even paint 40k well
>>
>>50281850
It will be DOA.

Also, why the fuck would you make a tabletop game in the halo universe? The amount of units you can create before you start making shit up is extremely limited...
>>
>>50282797
>not an expert painter
Filth like you is killing /tg/
>>
>>50282797
>smaller models take more skill to paint well

Literally the exact opposite of the truth.
>>
>>50282797
I think my brother and I are going to split a box, but yeah I feel the same way. Maybe if I had seen even once a reference to it at my LGS, but nope. Not one person talking about it or looking for a game. Which sucks because I loved Halo back in like 2008/9
>>
I feel like Halo has already hit its peak around the release of halo 3 and odst. I loved Reach but a lot of people didnt.

The problem is that its a 2 player game with 2 factions. You'll have a few games and then be stuck with a bunch of useless models.

The other issue is that even if you like the game finding someone to play it will be difficult. At most my non tg friends would play once or twice. My tg friends are obsessed with other games instead.

That being said I would love to play it
>>
>Spartan Games

Nope. Nope.

Gonna walk away before they discontinue all support and drop it like a rock.
>>
>>50281850

Dropzone is x10 better
>>
>>50283240
343 industries is WAAAY ahead of them in the making shit up department. Theyve tripled the amount of enemies and UNSC units/ vehicles in the last two games alone. Halo wars 2 will probably add to that.

Also, every mission in the halo games is ground combat with the exception of 2 space fighter missions. so a ground game would make sense.
>>
>>50281850
People have been talking about it regularly over in /awg/.

Apparently the models are pretty nice.
>>
>>50287098
Have they talked about the gameplay? Models do seem sweet. Good gameplay makes it a possible buy but fucking Spartan man.
>>
>>50281850

Anon, it does not catch on because people dont trust video game wargames or miniatures. Still, It always solds out and getting packs is only getting easier 3 months after release. The gameplay is simple but fun. Feels halo ish with mechanics to respond to enemy fire. Units feel like the video game. The UNSC shoot from afar with superior long range rifles, but once up close, the covenant rule. Spartans are sometimes OP if you dont know how to handle them. Minis, vehicles and the pelican are gorgeous. Its spartan games, but they are being pushed to produce minis. We got tanks this months and we are getting jackals, same spartans from the starter and some new units on december. Dont think twice. Get it from gamenerdz.
>>
>>50287164
>>50281850

Look for youtube gameplay vids.

What do you want to know? It has some of the same mechanics as in fleet battles. You asume the role of a comander and you have some order dice that can give you bonuses. It can range from casual to tactic if you want deppending on points. My first 3 games:

I broke some vehicles with the ghosts. As in the game, they can soak damage and now you can even use ghosts with elites inside instead of grunts. The unsc eliminated nearly all my grunts before I got close. I used some hunters to decimate the spartan and the soldiers around. I also took the remainning vehicle. Only had 1 command Elite and 2 hunters by the end of the game. The second game was real and the vehicles just jumped on me while the spartan took most of my vehicles. My hunters got rammed by the warhogs. Third gameplay I used the unsc and died quick because I kind of rushed to the enemy. No air supplies or air support used as I was learning. Be sure to buy:

Clippers, super glue, nail file and an exacto knige. The ammount of flash is overwhelming and some parts need to be cut with care, as not to damage gun barrels. Anyway, if you break something contact spartan and they will send you a spare. I have yet to glue mine. The rulebook also comes with a painting guide for vallejo so if you suck you can actually paint a decent army. If you are a halo fan since day 1 like me, just get it. Worst case scenario you can sell it easy on ebay or make a diorama. Only spartan available is the generic mark 3 that has the generic noble 6 armor.
>>
>>50281850
As far as i can tell, its fairly vehicle-focused, and the only thing that hard counters vehicles well is spartans. While fun games with decent people will always be fun, theres always that minmaxer hiding inside all of us. Infantry is balanced, but whichever side has more vehicles will win since infantry suck badly by comparison. Add this to the fact that UNSC vehicles seem generally slightly better than covenant ones, and the fact that its always going to be UNSC vs Covenant, means that the game is kinda unbalanced.

Opinion, yeah, but whatever
>>
>>50288672

Deppends. Like I mentioned, ghost can take damage, grunts with launchers can damage vehicles and hunters can also blast vehicles. UNSC need vehicles to survive.
>>
>>50288694
they both need vehicles to survive, but the UNSC have better vehicles and also have Spartans, who just fuck anything not a zealot or hunters. Hunters are about all the Covenant have thats significantly different to UNSC stuff, but dont make up for the lack of Spartans
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.