[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arkham Horror LCG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: pic3122349.jpg (664KB, 602x600px) Image search: [Google]
pic3122349.jpg
664KB, 602x600px
So this thing has been out for a bit. Anons who've played it, what did you think?
Does having 3-4 players much better than 2? Do you feel like you need the full deckbuilding options from the 2nd core set? Are you going to try and make custom scenarios?

Is it fun?
>>
>>50280586
>what did you think?
I like it a lot. A lot of flavor and story with the group I'm playing with.
>Does having 3-4 players much better than 2?
We're playing with 3 of us. Game scales well. Though I think "better" is relative to how people act when there's 2 of you vs. 3+
>Do you feel like you need the full deckbuilding options from the 2nd core set?
My group felt the need after we played through the first act. Players will find cards they didn't like or some they found useful to the way they want to play their investigator. Due to the number of players and the 2 card limit, we would need 4 or more core sets to play our decks as is. We're playing on tabletop sim so it's convenient enough to just copy paste cards to make decks. It appears they pulled a netrunner again with the core set. Future card packs look like they have enough cards for 1 player to make any deck. Maybe they expect players to bring their own decks or something.
>Are you going to try and make custom scenarios?
Already am since that was the first problem I saw with the game. FFG will need to pump out lots of scenarios to keep the game alive. And by the looks of it they are. I can see this being a big turn off for people who don't want to regularly spend $20 to get a new piece of game.
>Is it fun?
Yes. If you got tabletop sim, give it a shot. I personally don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon. Not only is it sold out, but the business model is very taxing and I don't have THAT much disposable income.
>>
>>50281627
>Already am since that was the first problem I saw with the game.
Nice. Can you post it on /tg/ somewhere when you're done?
>>
>>50281627
Which plugins did you use for Tabletop Sim?
>>
>>50281731
I just looked it up on steam workshop. There's already a few instances of it. Most just lay it out differently.
>>50281670
Will do.
>>
>>50281627
>>50280586
This sounds exactly like the LOTR LCG
>>
>>50281990
The similarities are unquestionable. I think what they did is rebuild LotR LCG from the ground up and this is the result. An updated, re-themed, reformed version.
>>
>>50282061
>>50281990
A lot of the mechanics are vultured from it, yes. That being said, it feels like you're playing a card based arkham/eldritch horror. So props to FFG for making it work.
>>
>>50281990
Not quite...

The scale is very different and the story far more prevalent. It feels far more like you're taking control of a character than the odd 3-char set up of LotR. LotR always had thematic disconnection issues for me.
>>
>>50280586
as a lovecraft fan im pretty hype for this. Down side is im missing a few sets of the old lcg and theyre impossible to find now.
>>
Played the first two scenarios with the girl. First was fun but felt a touch easy while the second got out of hand fast. Should be a good game.

My biggest problems right now is that the deckbuilding is a touch restrictive with such a small card pool. It should get fixed soon enough, though. The new characters they leaked already look pretty cool.
>>
I wasn't paying attention to it's release date, now it's fucking impossible to find atm.

I mad.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.