[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Natural 1 Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

/tg/, I am a GM and last night my players made me proud. This is the story of the death of Jua-Ren the Wild Claw. yes, Phil, Rich, et al, it's me, you guys rock

My campaign is a fantasy set super robot one, with the party beginning as knights of an evil empire who chose to try and undermine it once they saw how insane its nobility were.

They were sent to Astor Vale, a peaceful nation of traders and academics, to help forge an "alliance." Except they discovered it was all a scheme between their superior officer, Jua-Ren, and corrupt nobles in Astor Vale to depose the king and sell out the kingdom. They took exception to this, saved the king and stormed the castle to stop the unfair treaty being signed. They failed. Jua-Ren and his own superior, Sou-Van, had seen through their plan and they ended up prisoners.

Now, it is worth noting one of the party, Dace the Troubleshooter, had learned all his fighting style from Jua-Ren. He was training to be an assassin at the time the party became traitors.

The party had many adventures, escaping captivity - Dace ending up a pit fighter for a time - becoming pirates, and ultimately being humiliated in combat by Jua-Ren's sister, Fara-Ren. (1/2)
>>
>>50276384
After regrouping, they returned to Astor Vale, ready to finish what they started. They pretended to surrender, and then attacked Jua-Ren and his bodyguards.

This was personal for Dace. When Jua-Ren challenged him to a one on one duel, just like the old times, he accepted. Student and master traded punches in their super robots on the deck of an airship, and both were badly damaged.

Jua-Ren had been taunting Dace through the fight, saying that there was no way he could win against the man who taught him. Then, he stepped back.

"I am dying, Dace, but I have one final move to use. It is my rule that the title of the Wild Claw passes to the strongest of my students, so stand firm and try and survive this."

Stepping out of the fiction here, I rolled the final attack In the open, and scored a crit. One of the other PCs used an ability to let Dace's player have me reroll the hit.

A natural 1.

Jua-Ren's mech gathered its rage, its sorrow and all its power into one hand, and was cross-countered by Dace's own punch.

Jua-Ren stepped down from his mech, laid down his sword and said that he had nothing but respect for his student, and that should he die his only request was it should be honourable.

The rest of the party let Dace decide what to do.

The student struck down his misguided master.

It was the perfect end to a character arc, and the other party members honoured the story being told to let Dace's player get personal closure.

The boss fight could have been anticlimatic if the party hadn't let the duel play out, but they did, and the ending - with the student countering the beaten master's final attack, was great.
>>
Best story and not what I was expecting.
Why was Jua-ren dying though?
If it was from the battle, that could be assumed, but wasn't made clear.
>>
>>50276498
Typed "neat" story but my phone apparently thinks it's the best and upgraded the compliment.
>>
>>50276498
Ah, sorry - that got vanished when I had to split the post. He had previously jumped from the airship window to climb aboard his mech, and the first punch from Dace had near crippled his mech. So he was already wounded, and not a young man.

I realised after the fight exactly how much I had inadvertently copied Master Asia...
>>
>>50276521
Ah. Good job then.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.