[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not posting to this thread is Treason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Friendcomputer.gif (42KB, 300x274px) Image search: [Google]
Friendcomputer.gif
42KB, 300x274px
Treason is punishable by death.

Paranoia and how to play it best
>>
o
>>
Obligatory Above your clearance joke

to answer your question, drunk
>>
>>50274668
>Not posting to this thread is Treason
>Thread's security clearance is obviously blue
>>
>>50274668
>Paranoia and how to play it best
By using a MAID rpg hack for it with Friend Computer as the master
>>
>>50274763
Pointing out loopholes is treason. Treason is punishable by death.
>>
Friend computer is a big old eye?

I always imagined it as a yellow smiley face.
>>
>>50276280
I bet you're a filthy communist.
>>
>>50274668
Do you think the 'paranoia game style', where the players and the GM are in encouraged to be as nasty and mean spirited to each other as possible, is still really in style any more now that today's games are focusing on treating everyone like special snowflakes?
>>
>>50276706
That's exactly what a dirty mutant would say.
>>
>>50276734
>the 'paranoia game style', where the players and the GM are in encouraged to be as nasty and mean spirited to each other as possible
that's not the Paranoia game style, it's just the idea that every player character has a secret which they can't risk any of the others finding out, that's all
>>
>>50276734
>>50276857
Agreed, everybody has a secret and it's the same secret that everybody else has and they're trying to frame the others of the same "crimes" they themselves are doing.
That's why I'm enjoy the prospect of one day running Paranoia for my group that doesn't know anything about the setting. It'll make it more about paranoia, not letting others know your secret, because they don't actually know everybody else is also a mutant and a traitor.

Maybe not everybody should be a traitor in every game?
>>
>>50274668
Whatever happened to that new edition that was Kickstarted or something? The one where communists were replaced with terrorists?
>>
>>50276880
You can kind of do that in Paranoia XP. The Mutant Experience introduces not having a mutation at all, and nobody really cares if you're FCCCP.

Of course, you can just not give people SecSocs and mutations.
>>
>>50276882
I'm curious about this too. I remember following the kickstarter, but haven't done so for a while now.
>>
>>50276936
Checking the updates, apparently they just got the proofs of the KS box, because they tossed their old design in favour of a new one.
>>
>>50276976
Although the PDFs might be already out.
>>
>>50276991
>>50276976
Nice, I'll have to check it out.

Back to OP's question. What is a good size for running Paranoia? I'm planning 4 players, but is 6 too many?
>>
>>50276734
>the players and the GM are in encouraged to be as nasty and mean spirited to each other as possible
That's not at all how Paranoia presents itself. You'd do well to investigate things for yourself and become educated about them rather than relying on /tg/ memes.
>>
>>50277050
>>50276880
>>That's not how paranoia presents itself

Yes it fucking is. The GM is encouraged to screw players over whenever possible, I never give them equipment that works properly. The players almost always have conflicting goals with their secret societies and are encourage to spy on and turn on each other to get into the computer's good books.
>>
>>50274668
>OP is not catch-22

It's like you don't even Friend Computer
>>
File: Thank You, Citizen.png (29KB, 832x156px) Image search: [Google]
Thank You, Citizen.png
29KB, 832x156px
>>50277120
But it/s not done in a mean-spirited way. If your broken equipment is just, "You try to shoot your gun and it jams, the mutant murders you, lol go fuck yourself," you're doing it wrong.

The point of the clones and secret agendas is so you can have treachery and witch-hunting taken to the ludicrous extreme, trying to satisfy the impossible demands of a self-contradicting totalitarian computer (or more accurately, pinning the blame of the inevitable failure on someone else) while also doing whatever it is you actually want to do.
>>
>>50274763
The whole board is blue. If you're seeing the thread at all, you either already have blue clearance, or you're already violating your clearance.
>>
>>50277292
What this Troubleshooter said.
>>
>>50276880
I like doing that largely because knowing that you can trust some, but not all of your fellow players just makes the paranoia worse
>>50277019
Nah, you can probably manage it with six.
>>
>>50274668
With friends. Strangers aren't very conductive to finding communist mutant traitors as their pasts aren't known and they're much more likely to freak out when you accuse them of being a mutant commie while completing their job as a blue-clearance troubleshooter
>>
>>50274668
g
>>
>>50276991
PDFs are already out to the backers IIRC.
>>
>>50276882
>>50276936
>>50276976
>>50276991
>>50277019
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1990654819/paranoia-rpg <- for anyone else who was wondering
>>
Anon-Y-mus-1, reporting for duty. At your service, FRIEND COMPUTER.
>>
>>50276660
famous last words
>>
>>50276882
it's already legacy. the next edition will have to replace comm... errr... terrorists with right-wing populist nazis.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.