[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I am going to be running a game for coworkers likely. None

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1396503319991.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1396503319991.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
So I am going to be running a game for coworkers likely. None of them have played table top games before and I would generally consider them normies. I have narrowed down the possible games to the following:

>Everyone is John
>Lasers & Feelings
>Night Shift

This would be an introductory session just to establish the general ideas behind roleplay and gaming in general.

Which should I go with? I'm leaning towards Night Shift.
>>
>>50270801

Everyone is John might be a little too abstract for non-gamers to grasp and have fun with.

I am unaware of the other games.
>>
Never heard of the last two, new players why not something they may actually have heard of Shadowrun, DnD, Pathfinder, 40k,Rifts, TMNT,

You dont have to play a snowflake game and turn them off to gaming.
>>
>>50270801
Motherfucker, we told you last night, play something simpler, you fuckstick.
>>
Dungeon World, the best PbtA game.
>>
File: oregoil_by_maracanda-d6p5uzf.png (322KB, 1646x1028px) Image search: [Google]
oregoil_by_maracanda-d6p5uzf.png
322KB, 1646x1028px
>>50270801
My vote would be for Night Shift, though I must admit that I might be biased toward it and I've not heard of the middle option you've listed.

At least with Night Shift, you're starting your coworkers off in a modern setting that is, at first, comprehensible to them, and it should be fairly easy to ramp up or scale down the weirdness and danger levels to keep them in that newbie sweet spot.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.