[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5e Spelljammer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: stellardragon.jpg (132KB, 593x917px) Image search: [Google]
stellardragon.jpg
132KB, 593x917px
Has anybody run or planning to run 5e Spelljammer? Let's talk about it!

What things are you keeping, what are you changing?

What do your players love about it? Tell us about your sessions.
>>
>>50270250
How many planets were there in SJ anyway?
>>
>>50271251
I think they deal with less than a hundred main ones in the maps, but there are boundless number.
>>
>>50270250
Keeping the crystal spheres, changing the phlogiston to be more like the Astral Plane/Limbo/Warp. It''s also much more like a Dr.Strange depiction of travelling dimensions from the comics, with crystal orbs and tendril currents. In the intermedium are the floating corpses of the gods, their derelict palaces, the chaotic faceless demons that crawl over everything, and the githyanki pirates, profaners of godflesh. Inside the crystal spheres are largely more Star Wars planets than Spelljammer ones, but i'm still undecided on that one, if it takes away the magic/mystery or I can really explore the more stranger planetary depictions without making it too goofy. Im going for more LSD trip through a Hubble telescope than goofy.

Also doing away with the terrible restrictions on magic users that use a Helm, and the constraints of clerics/priests because some hokey about a god's sphere of influence. They're all dead anyway, but the power still works so there is clearly a greater power at work or godliness is a state of mind. Philosophers can't agree which.

Beyond that, it's essentially going to be D&D In Space heavily inspired by Star Wars, Kill Six Billion Demons, Warhammer 40k, and Metal Hurlant/Heavy Metal.
>>
>>50272403

Some questions if you have a chance:

How large are the interiors of crystal spheres?

Do they contain a single solar system each, or do some have lots of stars and planets?

What percent of crystal spheres have "material" worlds with planets, and what percent are more like outer planes?
>>
>>50272967

>How large are the interiors of crystal spheres?

Large enough for a typical astronomical system, be it a solar system, a nebula, or an expanse of asteroids. within the barrier of the crystal sphere, the arrangement of matter and forces can vary from sphere to sphere. I'm still determining how this one works out, if I should stick with the more Star Wars or 40k planets, or go weird with some more Spelljammer-like arrangements like planets ever tumbling down a hill, or held aloft by a great star beast, or just irregular shapes like discs or polyhedrons.

>Do they contain a single solar system each, or do some have lots of stars and planets?

The star map is constantly a work in progress. I'm just building it out now, and so far mostly have one star, though one system is derelict and dark, filled only with asteroids and crawling with Neogi hives. Since im using a sort of table to generate it so far, there are possibilities of unique systems like multiple stars, or nebulas, or whatever else. I'm going to attach the thing im using to generate my system.

>What percent of crystal spheres have "material" worlds with planets, and what percent are more like outer planes?

Currently all are like material worlds, but that may change later, i'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I imagine there are some devil worlds that feel and look like places in the Nine Hells. I'm not entirely entirely sure about this one either. Feedback would be appreciated.
>>
>>50273106

Did you get that picture from the last thread? I love how on that blog he suggests using terrain worlds instead of elemental worlds. Elemental worlds feels a bit weird to me.

I think it would be cool to have some crystal spheres that contain strange non material worlds. Or possibly put those directly in the warp. Either way, strange realms have been a big pat of D&D, so I think it would be fun to give the players a place to explore that is different than their standard crystal sphere.
>>
>>50273144
Nah I saved it from the blog a while back. I've had this wracking about in my mind for some time.

I think it makes sense that the more godly and outer plane realms be in the warp itself, since that was the realm of the gods, and even though they're dead, like their bodies their works persist, although derelict and crawling with mortal vermin.

What about the more weirder configurations of worlds, not elemental worlds like discworlds, amorphous worlds, worlds that are juggled by a huge entity that doesn't speak, just smiles, or a world held aloft by a great blindfolded female statue whose bottom just descends forever.
>>
>>50273311

> What about the more weirder configurations of worlds, not elemental worlds like discworlds, amorphous worlds, worlds that are juggled by a huge entity that doesn't speak, just smiles, or a world held aloft by a great blindfolded female statue whose bottom just descends forever.

I love it. One I was thinking of was a world where there are two planets really close to eachtoher. Only one is accessible though. The other world is an exact copy of the first one, and there is a copy of each person on the mirror world (although they are not always doing the same thing you are doing). If you look at the mirror world with a telescope, you can see that millions of copy people are staring up right at you.
>>
>>50273348
I suppose to do something like this and make it easier on myself is to make a set of new system generation tables by adding in the stranger forms of planets/arrangements.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.