[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to Move Product Online?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 71120_Star_Trek_Attack_Wing_02.jpg (648KB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
71120_Star_Trek_Attack_Wing_02.jpg
648KB, 3000x2400px
/tg/, I just started working at a game store and want to figure out an effective way to clear out inventory that isn't moving reliably. Case in point: Star Trek Attack Wing.

For those of you who play it, what online storefronts do you generally look to for product? Amazon, eBay, LGS?
>>
Same question for Gundam models.
>>
My FLGS also runs an eBay page where they auction off overstock for cheap, and also list big-ticket items that they don't keep on display for theft reasons.
>>
>>50269527
That makes sense, but I was wondering if there were places to list specific items. If certain products are more successful listed on eBay, Rakuten, Amazon, Jet, etcetera.

For now, I'm focusing specifically on Attack Wing and Gundam. I'll expand out and start listing other products in time.
>>
>>50270129
How about you sell them in the store you fuckknob? Its a fucking store!
>>
>>50270256
If bait: Not great? Not bad, just not great.

If serious: Why would I take up shelf space waiting for the possibility of a local player getting into Attack Wing when I could potentially advertise online to a wider population of patrons who are looking specifically for the product?
>>
File: 1477060993709.png (75KB, 367x279px) Image search: [Google]
1477060993709.png
75KB, 367x279px
>>50270129

>Rakuten
>Jet
>>
I stick with Ebay for most things personally. I always expect to see good discounts for some games there, as opposed to more established stores where the prices are going to be more standardized.
>>
>>50270401
THEN FUCKING EBAY, YOU RETARD. if you're trying to scalp shit that you shouldn't have bought in the first place, do it on ebay like everyone else you filthfucking community college reject
>>
>>50270401
So you're of the school of philosophy that you only attempt to gain customers for people who already play what you're selling? Good job, how is it running an FLGS that only has MTG and pathfinder?
>>
>>50271588
Scalping it is already the course of action. I'm not asking "what should I do," but rather "opinions on best way to do it."

>>50271603
If I thought there was a market or local community for it, I would promote it harder and leave it where it is. We try to help new products succeed, but this one isn't moving at all.
>>
>>50269294
>Store in backroom
>List online

.... does your boss not know how to run a gamestore?
>>
>>50272116
>new products
ST:AW isn't a very new product, and lack of players is squarely Wizkids fault for flubbing the launch.

Related: My local LGS still has discontinued heroclix on clearance they're trying to get rid of.

Realistically, some stuff you'll never get rid of.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.