[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maybe Grail Knights are bros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Grail_Knight.png (2MB, 640x896px) Image search: [Google]
Grail_Knight.png
2MB, 640x896px
How come the knights of Bretonnia, or at least the ones above the knights errant, seemed to treat peasants poorly in fluff? From what I gather the Lady only appears to knights that have proven to honorable and just, and this to me makes me think that to be a Grail Knight, in addition to being a bad ass, you also have to be a good person.
This makes me think of some proud Grail Knight in his gleaming armor atop his beautiful stead passing through a village that was ransacked by some orcs and the local knights and men-at-arms only barely held them off. It's raining, most of the buildings are in ruin, and the peasants are desperately trying to recover any of their few possessions; sadness and despair fill the air. So this here Grail Knight hops off his horse and personally starts helping the peasants repair their buildings. His once flawless armor is getting covered in mud but he doesn't care as he lifts debris out of the structure and has his horse help pull a particularly stubborn beam. And after he's done, he personally gives a great deal of gold (or whatever they used in Bretonnia) to each peasant so they can get off their feet.
I don't know, maybe this is too non-grimdark.
>>
>>50269226
It's been stated I believe that Grail Knights try to be nice to peasants but they are often so detached from them that they don't quite understand what they need to do. For instance, a Grail Knight who's down a horse might requisition one from a peasant family, not knowing that they can't afford to just get a new one.
As to your example, I'm sure the first part would work but I don't think that Grail Knights use much material wealth so I don't know if they would have much gold to give, or if they would even think of the need for it.
Dukes and so forth who have succeeded at the Quest are different, of course.
>>
>>50269226
It was just GW being douchey to Bretonnia and giving them cartoonish amounts of grimderp.
>>
Not all Bretonnian nobles are douches to peasants, too. There are ones that disguise themselves as hooded bandits to fight nobles that abuse their peasantry too much, robin hood style.
>>
>>50271671
Where was that written about?
>>
I tend to imagine Bretonnian knights sort of how Mallory treats them in le Morte d'Arthur.

Peasants just don't even factor into their way of thinking, it's almost as if they don't exist. They go around from castle to castle, saving damsels, jousting other knights, proving to each other who's more honorable and just (to other knights), and unless I'm forgetting something peasants are hardly even mentioned from front to back of that whole book.

I think the closest it comes to a peasant being mentioned is when some lady is told that Gareth (IIRC) is low-born and that lady spends the entire quest insulting him for it and him just patiently bearing it.
>>
File: 1478734909471.gif (3MB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1478734909471.gif
3MB, 250x140px
>>50269226
Within a feudal society there are three types of people. Those who farm<Those who pray<Those who fight
He is an entirely different caste. In his own world view he is better than them.
At the same time however he has a noble obligation to them as their better. This however is not the way to do it.
>hops off his horse and personally starts helping the peasants repair their buildings
>has his horse help pull a particularly stubborn beam
Both of these would be an affront to his noble blood as well as the noble blood of his horse.

Instead he should be charitable provide either safe haven or monetary compensation for his failure to stop the raid. Then he should seek out those who wronged them in vengeance.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.