[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give Me Input Please?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 10

So I have a few friends who are willing to to be players in a Call of Cthulhu campaign that I'm writing myself. This'll be the first campaign that I write from (mostly) scratch and I'd like some input from anyone other then myself, and since the guy I usually run this kind of stuff by is one of the players I don't want to spoil anything.

The Idea is that there is one overarching story that'll allow me to use currently existing investigations, only tweaking a few things to drop hints to the big story without altering the investigations themselves. I am making up several things but thats why I'm wanting someone other then me to look at it. It is still a work in progress but the general idea is there (hopefully).
>>
File: Lovecraft_Main.jpg (159KB, 556x314px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft_Main.jpg
159KB, 556x314px
>>50265973
The overarching story is that an evil corporation, the MYY (Metros Yearround Yardmen) corporation, is gathering specimens to create a new Necronomicon like book. To do this they gather people who are close to the brink of insanity. The idea being that anyone exposed to the old gods enough and remains sane is able to channel them and write books of dark magic. These books content range from various summonings (such as the Necronomicon) to various forms of mind control (the Pauzaum Tome) alongside the ramblings of their writers. MYYco. is able to obtain their specimens by hiring investigators to look into strange happenings that push them closer to insanity. Once an Investigator is insane enough MYYco. sends specialized people to kidnap them. Kidnappings happen however the DM wants, any persons involved are extremely specialized individuals. Once a character is kidnapped the PC will have to make a new one. MYYco. has many shell corporations, all in various fields. If the investigators think to check into the shell corporations its obvious that they are shell corporations of MYYco. Anyone that personally hires the investigators are being mind controlled from the Pauzaum Tome, which is owned by the president of MYYco., and is unable to recall hiring the investigators (no matter what the investigators say/show. Any money used was provided by MYYco. and checks will show that its obviously from MYYco.s personal bank.). Some may have different memories that involve traveling to the investigators city/town, some may remember complete different events, and some may not remember anything at all from that chunk of time. None are startled by the investigators saying anything, and none are concerned by their false recounts.
>>
File: Cthulhu-rlyeh-rising.jpg (213KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
Cthulhu-rlyeh-rising.jpg
213KB, 1280x828px
>>50265983
The Final encounter takes place in the basement levels of the main MYYco. building. The PCs will be able to choose any of the investigators they have previously played that have been taken by MYYco. (in this case level up any older characters to the average level of the characters from the last session rounded down) or if they want to break in with any characters who have not been kidnapped they can (same as before if they aren't the characters from the previous session). If they choose to break in they easily find the basement area and the pods containing any PC who want to use a kidnapped character.
Like I said its a work in progress and I'm still writing the final Investigation, but I want to know if this sounds stupid and if I should scrap this and try to think of something different.
>also post Cthulhu and friends
>>
File: azathoth.jpg (217KB, 620x405px) Image search: [Google]
azathoth.jpg
217KB, 620x405px
>>50265998
I do enjoy Lovecraftian inspired art
>>
File: shoggoth-2.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
shoggoth-2.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>50266020
>>
File: tumblr_m1q16eSOwm1qkdqdko2_1280.jpg (255KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1q16eSOwm1qkdqdko2_1280.jpg
255KB, 600x459px
>>50266034
I forgot to mention that MYYco. retrieves and revives any investigators that die during an investigation.
>>
File: tumblr_mx8o8dkloE1s01mvso2_500.jpg (47KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx8o8dkloE1s01mvso2_500.jpg
47KB, 500x268px
>>50266058
>>
>>50265973
>>50265983
>>50265998
sounds pretty cool, if you want my opinion I'd have said that removing a PC from the game like that could be taken badly, what I'd do is have that be what happens at zero sanity, since they'd be removed from the game at that point anyway. My other suggestion would be to dial back the mind control slightly, if you make tracing the thread back too hard that's just frustrating which is not good for games progress, make sure there is a path for them to learn about MYY through.
>>
File: Wizard_of_yog_sm.jpg (18KB, 298x236px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard_of_yog_sm.jpg
18KB, 298x236px
>>50266072
>>50266077
I was planning on flipping a coin after each investigation once they got below double digits to see if they get kidnapped, but yea now that I think about it 0 makes more sense.
Possibly have one or two remember the president show up to talk to them and some different ones remember MYY specifically but nothing else?

Also MYY is going to hire them personally for a few investigations, I was toying with the idea of the investigators losing 1 point just from having the conversation with the representatives or having the president show up personally.
>>
File: yOfeXr0.jpg (341KB, 1302x931px) Image search: [Google]
yOfeXr0.jpg
341KB, 1302x931px
>>50266163
>>
File: Cthulhu__s_Approval_by_hwango.jpg (660KB, 2537x2229px) Image search: [Google]
Cthulhu__s_Approval_by_hwango.jpg
660KB, 2537x2229px
>>50266185
Also didn't notice that there was an actual Lovecraftian thread so Imma just link this to that so I don't have to repost all that I'm really lazy
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.