[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

League of Legends RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: J6XSiE7.jpg (563KB, 3050x1601px) Image search: [Google]
J6XSiE7.jpg
563KB, 3050x1601px
We have a thread dedicated to discussing Warcraft as an RPG, why not League of Legends as well?
Here's a rough time line of the game universe: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/so3Em891-a-look-at-the-how-the-timeline-of-runeterra-and-the-league-universe-might-work-no-promises-though
>>
File: MapofValoran(2).jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
MapofValoran(2).jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>50265545
>inb4 leagefags be gone

Well, the setting is almost not defined and rather generic, just existing as an excuse to have every high/low/dark fantasy, steampunk and whatever other subgenre league characters fit into in the same game.

That beeing said, especially the never writing they started doing helps flesh out the world a good bit and might help to do some coherent and atmospheric adventure.

I can see it working with each plot arc having a strong theme depending on the region clashing with the most likely very mixed backgrounds party
>classic "medieval" stuff in Demacia/Noxus
>pirate shenanigans in Bilgewater
>hunting Void monsters around the globe
>archeology and pyramid dungeons in Shurima
>Example Party Consists of a Ninja, a Knight, some exotic Critter and any flavour of Yordle

It has a very lighthearted and crazy awesome tone to it, so I'd advise against gritty and dangerous systems.
Speaking of System: it would be rather hard to do with something preexisting i guess, especially if one wishes to be true to the source where every character is somewhat simple yet unique in their capabilities.
It might require so much homebrewing that something new might be just as much work.

Might crunch more ideas later if this thread stays alive.
I don't like to play League anymore these days, but I'm always up for Worldbuilding and Gamedesign based on a template.
>>
>>50265713
On one hand, given its somewhat generic setting and powerful heroes, I'm inclined to use DnD. On the other hand, fuck DnD.
>>
>>50265924
3.PF has the required amount of diversity in terms of existing material, I agree.
But yeah, the only D&D I've ever been really comfortable with is 5e.

In terms of power diversity a Supers-System might work, but those often have to much of a superhero flavour to work for other genres.
My go to in that case would be Mutants&Masterminds 3e.

Otherwise I'm not to familiar with anything that might fit. My head screams Exalted, but I know next to nothing about that game, really.
>>
>>50265545
Because if you're going to LoL rpg, just erp and be done with it. I'm not even saying this as a dismissal. Please summoner, come play with us...
>>
>>50266138
I feel like it would need tactical rules, just because of the importance of placement.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.