[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost Worlds Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: 220px-Lost_Worlds.jpg (27KB, 220x347px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Lost_Worlds.jpg
27KB, 220x347px
Just found out about this

What is it?

Lost Worlds is a "combat picture book game" designed and trademarked by Alfred Leonardi.

How is it played?

Play requires two players and at least two "visual combat books", with each player choosing a character (i.e., a book) from those available.At the start of play, each player removes the character sheet for that character from their book and hands the book to his or her opponent. The character sheet lists the various combat actions which the character can take during the battle. The combat book lists the effects of the attacks in tables, and serves as a visual reference for what the other player is doing. Hence, each player views entries in the book from a first-person perspective, seeing only their opponent and not themselves.
There is also a further series of books, of emphatically female fighter-types, under the collective title of Queen's Blade, published from late 2005 by Hobby Japan. With more than 20 books the books were generally new illustrations for existing combat matrices, rather than "new" characters (although at least one doujin has utilised what appears to be a "new matrix"). As of December 2007 a second series, Queen's Gate, was introduced, featuring characters from Japanese visual media, and in October 2008 Hobby Japan announced four further characters in a sub-set of the original series (Queen's Blade Rebellion).
>>
I'm imagining two skeletons smacking each other with books, saying "Stop it" "Stop it" over and over.
>>
>>50249078
Mite be good.
I've never seen them sold, though.
>>
>>50249078
i have all the PDFs, OP. do you guys wanna play?
>>
>>50253449
Sure. Why not?
>>
>>50253468
actually, i have them as images. i'll do a quick pdf conversion of two of the books.
>>
>>50249078
Oh, kinda interesting -
>queens blade
Oh boy oh my
>>
File: Man In Plate_.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Man In Plate_.pdf
1B, 486x500px
first book
>>
File: Goblin.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Goblin.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I'll be picking this lovely guy here
>>
File: burton_38.jpg (56KB, 420x595px) Image search: [Google]
burton_38.jpg
56KB, 420x595px
this is your charsheet, /tg/. you'll be using it for each move. keep it enlarged
>>
File: goblin_34.jpg (48KB, 388x605px) Image search: [Google]
goblin_34.jpg
48KB, 388x605px
and this is what your knight currently sees. as you can see, your knight can only make extended range attacks (see sheet)

first legit respond counts. i have made my choice for first maneuver, /tg/. awaiting your first move.
>>
File: Extended Range Block and Attack.png (196KB, 383x601px) Image search: [Google]
Extended Range Block and Attack.png
196KB, 383x601px
>>50253819
BURTON LANGSHANKS, HERO OF ALSTORIA, SCION OF THE LANGSHANKS LINE, is going to Block and Attack.
Am I doing this right?
>>
>>50253819
The knight charges
>>
>>50253898
if you meant, Block & Close, then yes. except... too slow

>>50253896
alrighty-o! I chose Thrust Low, let's see what happens.
>>
>>50253940
Ooo my answer was legit
nice to know
>>
File: goblin_11.jpg (48KB, 389x604px) Image search: [Google]
goblin_11.jpg
48KB, 389x604px
>>50253940
alright, if you turn to scroll 50 (your selection) in the goblin.pdf and reference it with #60 (my move), you get pic related.

I do the opposite in the knight book and see that I hit you with "Score 1". However, the maneuver gives -5, so no damage now.

>Knight may not make red or orange moves next turn.
>>
My money is on the knight
>>
i have made my move selection. choose a maneuever (not red/orange, choose from normal range), guys
>>
>>50254058
Low Thrust? That's PG 14, with mod +1, right?
>>
>>50254112
not for the goblin, and especially not at extended range. (see extended range list at bottom of sheet, has different damage mods)
>>
>>50254135
I thought we were at close range. Do we need to make a long-distance move?
Charge, I guess. I'm still kind of confused as to how this works.
>>
>>50254194
Ah, sorry, I was confused. I thought you were referring to my move last turn (which was low thrust).

You can choose Low Thrust, alright. It's #14 with Dam +0. I chose Down Swing (#44, +2). Let's see.
>>
File: goblin_12.jpg (52KB, 389x606px) Image search: [Google]
goblin_12.jpg
52KB, 389x606px
faggots, you hit me. taking damage (+0). 9 life left
>no thrusts or red for knight next turn
make your move
>>
>>50254276
Oh, I get it. We pick our page, you pick your page, and we use the number on the page we picked that matches the number of the maneuver you picked to get the page we go to.
I pick Strong Side Swing then (Orange, pg 28)
>>
File: goblin_32.jpg (46KB, 388x604px) Image search: [Google]
goblin_32.jpg
46KB, 388x604px
>>50254394
I chose Dodge (+8), trying to get behind you.
Let's see...

Oh, man. That ain't good. Another, 4 damage, down to 5 life.
>no thrust or red next turn for knight
>>
I roll for understanding the game... 2... I have no idea what is going on here but it seems cool
>>
>>50256066
the posted pdfs contain the rules
>>
>>50253449
I don't suppose you have PDFs of the BattleTech and Warhammer licensed versions they made of these?

Should whip out the Manticore after this battle, he's OP as fuck.
>>
>>50249078
Weren't there some licensed adaptations for this?
>>
>>50253449
Can you host those somewhere like mega for people to download please?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.