[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hektor Heresy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 301
Thread images: 38

File: Calth_Dock_Yard.png (3MB, 1792x754px) Image search: [Google]
Calth_Dock_Yard.png
3MB, 1792x754px
Civil Discourse Edition

We're happy to welcome new contributors. If you'd like to have a read of the project (and please, don't pitch an idea without having read anything!), there are a few possible starting points. The main page is:
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_/tg/_Heresy

While the Primarchs and the Legions are firmly locked down at the moment, we welcome any and all with ideas for Successor Chapters, Xenos Empires, Great Crusade Era Factions, Ork WAAAGHdoms, Eldar Craftworlds, Imperial Army/Guard Regiments, Knight Houses, Mechanicum/Mechanicus Forgeworlds, etc.

Want to know how to get into the Successor Chapters?
Welcome to the only two links you need!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki//tg/_Heresy_Successor_Template
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Legiones_Astartes_(Hektor_Heresy)

For real though, take a look at the Imperial Army!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Army_(Hektor_Heresy)

The forces of Lost and Damned need some love, and no one is writing for them! Get in on the ground floor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hektor_Heresy_Chaos_Forces

Know what I said about grounder floor and no one writing?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Xenos_of_the_Hektor_Heresy
ELDAR, ORKS, LITERALLY ANY WEIRD ALIEN THINGIE YOU CAN IMAGINE! YOUR'S! YOUR'S FOR THE TAKING!

Check out our IRC for the latest discussions, get in on the grounder-er floor!
irc.thisisnotatrueending.com
channel: #hektorheresy

Previous thread >>50201738

Today's topic: Talk about whatever new ideas and pitches you have
>>
I just hope that one day there's Hektor Heresy homebrew for the FFG RPGs.
>>
>>50248063
Well then get working on it, it's not too late to start
>>
File: 8968216.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
8968216.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>50247531
>We're happy to welcome new contributors.
>>
>>50249476
Well considering we just brought on Ronin and vulture, your doubt is misplaced.

>>50248063
We do have a rules guy, he could probably build something.
>>
>>50249476
I'm a long time time lurker and I don't know exactly how i should do this. Should I always post it here before adding it onto the wiki?
>>
>>50249685
Well posting at least a rough draft or idea here helps people keep track of what you're doing and any potential issues that may arise, so I would recommend it.

Obviously the bulk of your writing goes onto the wiki, but general ideas and feedback should be posted in the thread or discussed in the IRC.
>>
So how should the Warbands of Ostish look and dress, among other things?
>>
>>50250150
Not sure, but I'm guessing they're somewhere between icky and disgusting.
>>
>>50250150
I imagine the Bazen Circuit as being kind of Shadowrunner style brutal cyberpunk look.

The plague hawks I'm thinking kind of a nausicaa OTFOTW look.

The tzeench boys should be like half 70's disco half 90's view of the future, with all the plastic and vinyl of a tron movie. And LASERS. Lots of lasers.

I'm thinking of the slaanesh boys as trying to look aristocratic, but being from collapsed resource deprived urban hells, they don't actually have the luxurious materials to make it work so they just seem like pompous well tailored hobos.

The singers? Haven't given it much thought. I'm thinking the choral theme would still fit, so maybe those catholic white and black singing robes?
>>
Quick thought/something dawning on me. I know there was a discussion about lack of Slaaneshi dudes, and realized that Fight Club actually deals with a lot of the ideals of the gods. Hear me out.

Tyler Durden and the Fight Clubs and Project Mayhem are at their core about letting go. The clubs allow those who fight to get lost in a moment of pure violence and adrenaline. The goal isn't decadent, but it's about bringing that vision to all of humanity. It's excess of a rather unusual sort. Not the decadence normally associated with Slaanesh, but the ability to just lose yourself in a different kind of pleasure (namely the adrenaline rush of a fight or survival) is also right in line with His/Her/Its ideals.

So why not do that? A warband or horde that runs amok looking for a fight, ANY fight, just to feel that surge of hyperawareness. They collapse worlds to share the beauty and exhilaration of losing everything to all those around them.

Maybe it's retarded, but it's just a thought, and it's a bit outside of the standard Slaaneshi box.
>>
>>50250944
That's a pretty cool idea, like how the oldschool emperor's children were, but looking more for the state of being than just the experience.

Also it's interesting to think that what you're talking about is a middle ground between Khorne and Slaanesh. It sounds a lot like Kharn's take on Khorne's philosophy as the eightfold path (GW is as original with their naming as ever) of losing yourself to transcendant violence, losing all though and hesitation.

If it weren't such utter heresy, it'd be cool to write up a slaaneshi/khornate warband along those lines.
>>
Alright, I'm setting a deadline for the 13th for myself.
I'm a lot busier than I'd hoped, but I still have enough free time, so: Sunday 27th November.
If I haven't finished and cleared up the page by then, I'll relinquish the slot and leave the project.

That'll give people time to write out potential replacement ideas for the legion if they have any as well.
>>
>>50251219
I wish you luck.
>>
File: 1458174736378.jpg (199KB, 437x581px) Image search: [Google]
1458174736378.jpg
199KB, 437x581px
>>50251219
>>
>>50251219
>leave the project
can't you just like
drop the slit but hang out?

A bunch of people are taking this whole thing super seriously and businesslike, I honestly don't think it's necessary to just up and leave just because you're going to be busy for a little bit.
>>
Should we start thinking of some not-primarch daemon princes?
>>
>>50251954
Yeah, sure! We can always use more non-marine chaos characters. I think we only have ten or twelve now, so more is always good.
>>
>>50249685
You'll want to introduce your ideas here or in the IRC so we can all have a good look at them
>>
>>50251954
>>50251990
Might as well show off some concepts of mine, then.

>a Khornate Princess who commanded a Titan all by herself, and eventually crushed an entire planet with it's firepower
>Khorne ascended her after the final kill, spreading her flesh throughout the entire titan into a horrific daemon of incredible size

>a Nurglite Prince untouched by disease; rather, he focuses purely on Nurgle's aspect of despair, armed with an aura of melancholy so thick even objects begin to buckle under it's weight

>a Tzeentchian Prince who's only accomplishment in his mortal life was filling a whole planet with birds
>since birds are Tzeentch's favored animal, this pleased him enough to raise him into daemonhood
>>
>>50252328
>>a Khornate Princess who commanded a Titan all by herself, and eventually crushed an entire planet with it's firepower
>>Khorne ascended her after the final kill, spreading her flesh throughout the entire titan into a horrific daemon of incredible size
Oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>50252328
>>a Khornate Princess who commanded a Titan all by herself, and eventually crushed an entire planet with it's firepower
>>Khorne ascended her after the final kill, spreading her flesh throughout the entire titan into a horrific daemon of incredible size
Well, it's been nice knowing you lads, it's been an honor, but I'll let Zorg take it from here.
>>
File: 1478402732203.jpg (922KB, 2000x2189px) Image search: [Google]
1478402732203.jpg
922KB, 2000x2189px
>>50252328
Love the Nurglite idea.
>>
>>50252328
These are fucking golden

But quick question; in general what's more important to you guys, the Legion or the Primarch?
>>
>>50252649
The legion. Always the legion.

>>50252328
Zorg's going to have a field day with that one.
>>
>>50252649
The Legion, personally.
>>
>>50251395
There's some backstory to Uriel's post. He's been around for a long time and he's considered leaving more than once.

Personally I think he just doesn't handle writer's block well and takes it out on himself too much, but that's only my opinion.
>>
>>50247531
space marine blanks
>>
>>50253863
Troll harder.
>>
>>50251136
If you know the "destroy something beautiful" scene, you can't say there's nothing Slaaneshi about that.

>>50251219
But I don't want you to leave. Even if you do relinquish the slot...

I just wanna say something else. Popped in a while ago and saw something about bringing in a god of fear, but I think that's already covered by the four major powers. Because I'm not going to be on all night, I'll just summarize my thoughts and let everyone figure things out and debate them here.

As was discussed, Nurgle does represent fear of death. It's also fear of change. Nurgle cultists are like old people and doctors who are just wishing they had a little more time. They just want to extend things further a little bit, but they won't change themselves with that time.

Tzeench is fear of fear of the unknown, stagnation, and of losing control. His followers are like stage IV cancer patients deciding over death by cancer or going through living hell (chemo) and possibly dying of cancer anyways, all while hoping for a third choice.

Khorne followers ultimately fear fate and societal progress. They want their deeds to matter in the long run. They might not want to live forever, but they want their actions to. His cultists are men shouting "I matter" into the void.

Slaanesh is fear of outside control, and fear of loss. That's the hardest one to explain, I think. It's rebellion from expectations and needs because you might not be able to indulge yourself later. I don't have a pretentious follower comparison for that.
>>
File: sob1.jpg (46KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
sob1.jpg
46KB, 500x389px
How are we doing the Adeptus Sororitas? I don't see anything about them on the wiki.
>>
>>50253904
In the OU, they don't show up until M36.

We're introducing them in late M31, but it's WIP. Background at https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Maria_Vespa and https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Second_Vetrovnak_Incursion
>>
>>50253863
Another idea: marines that are chicks
>>
>>50253892
THAMORAZ

THAMORAZ

THAMORAZ

THAMORAZ
>>
>>50254089
>>50253904
Both of you get in the IRC. Promptly please
>>
>>50254089
I think it's kind of hilarious that the imperium's best response to space vampires is power armored catholic nuns.

We're really having our sexy space vampires fighting sexy space nuns?

We're going to have some interesting writefagging from this.
>>
>>50254285
>We're really having our sexy space vampires fighting sexy space nuns?
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>50248063
>Slithering Tongues can treat Khorne advancements as Slaanesh advancements for that close combat goodness
>Plague Hawks start with a jump pack, and can release spores from their bodies and into the air
>Crimson Circuit characters get bonuses to modify and create weapons and armor, and can get a "psy rating" for the purposes of summoning daemons into things and putting arcanery into weapons without pissing the big K off
>Kaleidescions get bonuses on any fire damage they deal, and can more easily hit Zealous Hatred with weapons that deal heat damage
>the Unaligned Singers are a psyker class that can boost the rolls of themselves and any who can hear them by singing
>>
File: 258644_1251179529_large.jpg (381KB, 1200x833px) Image search: [Google]
258644_1251179529_large.jpg
381KB, 1200x833px
>>50254637
>Slithering Tongue: Drummer, uses bones and drums made of skin.
>Plague Hawk: Bass Guitarist
>Crimson Circuit: Keyboard and Synth. (duh)
>Kaleidoscion: Lead Guitarist (a laser amp and pyrotechnics)
>Singer: Vocals. (duh)
>>
Would it be too special snowflake to make 22 successor chapters of the War Scribes? The plan is to make them allied, and each be representative of a Tarot Card.

The Hanged Men, The Fool, The Tower, etc.

Between them they have an artifact left to them by Arelex Orannis, a Tarot deck they use to plan their movements. Before the chapters move out they perform a reading and send out an allied force accordingly. The Tarot Deck itself would actually be a building sized calculation machine the chapter beleive directly transmits the will of Arelex himself, having foreseen a time where he would no longer be able to command them.

The World's Master Librarian would perform the readings, communing with the the prediction machine.
>>
>>50254755
There are a thousand space marine chapters by m40 in the OU. The Ultramarines literally have thousands of successors.
>>
>>50254755
The biggest problem I see with this plan is that it closes off War Scribes successors, and that means that at some point someone who wants to make a Chapter with Orannis' gene-seed is going to get told "no, you can't".
>>
>>50254821
A THOUSAND chapters in the OU. [/spoler]
>>
>>50254831
Chapters come and go, so there would have been more founded than that. But if we ever hit the thousand chapter mark in any given time-frame, I'll think of something.
>>
>>50254755
No nigger, that's cool as fuck and I want it bad
>>
>>50254755
That sounds like legion-building to me and that's heresy.

You aren't heretical, are you?

It's a pretty neat idea
>>
>>50254821
I would suggest a compromise that these 22 chapter were simply the first 22 successors and were created at the same time. This way more can be added later.
>>
>>50254755
Not to cramp anyone's creativity here, but I'm not really digging it.

Tarot cards don't really have anything to do with the War Scribes, they're very much the opposite of mystics.

Also, unless I change it at a later date, Arelex's brain still winds up as part of the controlling cogitators for the Sol Invictus battlestation, though he still can't talk to anyone.
>>
>>50256155
Yeah come to think of it if any successors were to be based off the tarot it'd be the Eyes of the Emperor.
>>
>>50254755
>>50256155
And personally, I feel that culture references weaken one's writing, but that's just my opinion.
>>
File: Hektor_the_Warmaster.jpg (2MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Hektor_the_Warmaster.jpg
2MB, 2480x3508px
Okay y'all, I need help. I need some names for a couple Heralds of Hektor Rites of War.

One is pretty standard HoH stuff, with phalanxes of infantry holding the line and deep striking elites being the hammer to their anvil.

The other is focused on helping out allied forces, giving bonuses for cooperation.
>>
>>50256964
1: On Chosen Ground

2: Fraternity of War

Is that anything like what you're looking for?
>>
>>50256964
>>50257253
Yeah, I asked the question about ten minutes before I noticed the entire "Notable Formations" section on the Herald's page. That first one is pretty good though, I actually have something pretty similar as one of their legion rules.
>>
>>50252328
How does that work? Even trained, experienced, augmented Princeps need Moderati to help them command titans.
>>
>>50258123
anything is possible if you believe in yourself
>>
>>50258162
As if this didn't already scream anime enough.
>>
>>50258123
Chaos handwaving, presumably?
>>
>>50247531
>The forces of Lost and Damned need some love, and no one is writing for them! Get in on the ground floor!
This part is no longer true, we now have four people writing them.
>>
>>50258925
I'm a lazy copy-paster, sue me.
>>
Is it possible to have Lost and Damned that existed pre-imperial contact that fit within the context of the larger heresy?
>>
>>50259698
Nothing's impossible as long as you write it with respect to existing concrete lore.
>>
>>50258123
Mary sue wank.
>>
>>50258123
>she's basically sprinting around the Titan in a panic trying to do everything at once
>>
File: Calendar 5.png (30KB, 848x712px) Image search: [Google]
Calendar 5.png
30KB, 848x712px
Zorg here, to let people know I'm still alive, it's just I've been busy with work. Zorg-nowrimo may not be as successful as I initially hoped, but there's always National Guilt Trip Month. Nagutrimo

>>50252328
>>50252595
>>50252716
Nah, I'll stick with mai waifu Anorexia.
>>
>>50264559
What do you think of the Warbands that have been made so far?
>>
>>50264559
Oh come on dude!
She wants to blow up the world because emperor sempai won't notice her! She's sprinting around the titan to silly music while trying to run 8 different battlestations at once! Khorne decides she's so adorable that he blends her with the titan so she's tall enough to reach the highest hab blocks now! She's khornes tsundere Waifu!

I DON'T EVEN LIKE ANIME AND I CAN TELL THIS IS A GOLDMINE
>>
File: Nausicaa Doroks.jpg (117KB, 647x314px) Image search: [Google]
Nausicaa Doroks.jpg
117KB, 647x314px
>>50264662
Contrary to popular belief, I tend to separate my weeb tendencies from my regiments, warbands, etc.

>>50264640
I wasn't paying attention to anything but the Plague Hawks these past few days. They're a cool idea, btw.

>>50250401
>The plague hawks I'm thinking kind of a nausicaa OTFOTW look.
My nigga
>>
I'm thinking that the Thunder Kings and the Heralds of Hektor will be the ones who have storm shields in our 30k. Thunder Kings because it's established in their lore than they have them (plus it gives us an excuse for the shield's name if the TK are the ones who first widely used them). The Heralds would get them because they're phalanx based, and because they're tight with pretty much every legion, so I can see the Thunder Kings giving them a few.
>>
Have we decided on a name for the warband of songers?
>>
>>50265027
If I remember correctly, options considered were.
>Chorus of the Faithful
>Singers of the Word
>Unbound Voices
>Cantors of the True Song

I like Chorus of the Word, myself.
>>
>>50265027
Not really.
>>
>>50264662
Once this was a cool idea.

Now I think it needs to die
>>
>>50247531
Who do you people reckon are the best Astartes warriors in our AU? Basically, who's our Sigismund? Who's our Sevetar? Who are the ones you DO NOT want to see coming for you on the battlefield?
>>
>>50267144
Can't say for certain, but odds are they're a Black Augur and a Thunder King.
>>
>>50267144
Well since it appears the Caligor has gotten back on the horse, we may have a trippier Sevetar if he continues to crib from the Night Lords
>>
File: Vergina_sun.svg.png (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Vergina_sun.svg.png
80KB, 500x500px
Heralds of Hektor legion list first draft is pretty close to done! Only have to add a relic or two, integrate them into the allies matrix, and add usage notes on their formations and unique units.

Also did some work on the Black Augurs and Sons of Fire, but they're far from done.

Tomorrow I'll give the Loyalists some love, probably starting with the Steel Marshals and Silver Cataphracts.
>>
>>50268611
Cool. You posting any of it now, or waiting till everything is finished first, or what?
>>
>>50268634
Things get posted on my 1d4chan userpage (link below) as I finish them, save for primarch rules which are all done and posted on their userpages, and get thrown in there as I work on legions.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/User:Josman
>>
>>50267296
Has he?
>>
If there was homebrew for the FFG games, what classes and things would you want to see made?
>>
>>50268709
Progress is being made on both pages, and they're much more organized than his previous ones
>>
>>50269158
Are you talking a unified homebrew, or is this for a specific group, like the books they've made so far?
>>
>>50269389
All five systems.
>>
>>50269449
When is it set?
>>
>>50269537
Whenever, I guess. It would depend on the campaign.
>>
>>50269590
Well in that case...
>all our new cultists ( >>50254637 ) once they have sufficient lore
>a chaos space marine class for Black Augur blackguards (melee sorcerers)
>Thunder Kings unit champion
>Void Angel photojournalist hipster who's too cool for his chapter
>Relic Hunter/lore master class
>>
Anyone in the IRC?
>>
>>50270438
There's a surprising amount of people. People that are not talking.
>>
>>50270490
It's disconcerting
>>
>>50270438
I would be in there if I could figure out how to make it work
>>
>>50270576
Get an IRC client (or KiwiIRC), connect to irc.thisisnotatrueending.com, use the channel #hektorheresy

Boom, you're now in the secret Snake Cabal that runs the Hektor Heresy
>>
>>50270600
Hiiiiissssss!
>>
>>50269220
That's a bit of an exaggeration. The Dreameaters page has been made with a synopsis and index, and he changed a few words on the Zan page. None of the feedback I've seen offered by other contributors has been taken into account.
>>
Cool shit you should see.
>>
>>50270600
>go on Kiwi
>go as far as to copy-paste the IRC address
>1 users
am I stupid, or is nobody there?
>>
>>50272499
There are three of us in there right now. Trying using
www. instead of irc.

IRC can be pretty finnicky, so it might take some time. I'd suggest using another client, as I could never get kiwi to work for me. Personally, I use byrd.
>>
>>50272499
What browser are you using, and are you on mobile?
>>
File: How to Kiwi.png (11KB, 348x398px) Image search: [Google]
How to Kiwi.png
11KB, 348x398px
>>50272499
My bad, it would seem that the channel is case sensitive
>>
>>50272656
Microsoft Edge
not on mobile.
>>
Does this take place during the same time as 40K, or is it taking place during/right after the Hektor Heckup?
>>
>>50273191
Both. The universe begins changing right about the time slaanesh becomes a thing, and pretty much everything after that point is subject to change. We're pretty focused on the heresy right now, but we're finally starting to move on in time a bit.
>>
if each original /tg/ Legion and their Primarch fought each of their "corresponding" GW legions and Primarchs, which legions would come out on top?
>>
>>50273580
There isn't always straight up matching.
>>
>>50273580
Who do you consider to be "matching" legions? I mean, some are pretty obvious, but others less so.
>>
>>50273692
You would probably have to bullshit pretty hard for some of them, I think.
>>
>>50273706
Some are pretty obvious though.

>Scale Bearers are Salamanders
>Thunder Kings are Space Wolves
>Void Angels are terrible ultramarines
>Steel Marshals are Imperial Fists
>Sons of Fire are World Eaters
>>
File: reconceptofrevenant.jpg (162KB, 500x618px) Image search: [Google]
reconceptofrevenant.jpg
162KB, 500x618px
>>50273580
Personally, I think the Black Augurs would kick the shit out of the Thousand Sons.
>>
So as a reference point, how fluid can a contemptor be? More or less than a knight?
>>
>>50268611
After taking a quick look over the HoH:

-Is the Chrysaspide Strategos included in the points cost of the Chalkaspides unit? The Unit Composition lists him as standard, but beneath it says that one 'may' be upgraded to a Strategos for 15pts. Unless it means you can have two Strategos? The Chalkaspides also might be overpriced by ten-twenty points or so.
-Not sure what Shieldbrothers under the first RoW means, since Legion Breachers are already Troops.
-Legion-specific war gear doesn't have any points, though I imagine that's just because you've not got round to it yet. On that note, does the Guardian Spear include the bolter Custodes get?
-Just a flavour thing, but Fraeternity of War seems like it should let Hektor himself substitute for the compulsory Praetor.

Looks good, though.
>>
The Chais Warbands we have still need a little more fluff to them.

What ideas do you guys have for them, to help fill them out?
>>
File: 1476139004351.jpg (744KB, 1003x1599px) Image search: [Google]
1476139004351.jpg
744KB, 1003x1599px
>>50276348
It's not exactly always super clear in the lore, but my impression in terms of ability is
Knight Questoris < Castaferrum Dreadnought < Centurion Armor < Knight Acheron < Contemptor Dreadnought < Terminator Armor

>>50277020
>Is the Chrysaspide Strategos included in the points cost of the Chalkaspides unit? The Unit Composition lists him as standard, but beneath it says that one 'may' be upgraded to a Strategos for 15pts. Unless it means you can have two Strategos?
Yes, good catch! The original points cost and unit composition for the unit includes the strategos, but I later decided to make him optional and forgot to go back and change that.

>Chalkaspides overpriced.
Hardly. They're a legion terminator squad with +1 BS, Storm Shields, and the option to take squad-wide Cyclone Missile Launchers. They're basically Fullmentarus - the tank hunter + a better Invuln save and the option to take a much more formidable squad leader. All that for only ten points a head over that of a generic legion terminator squad.

>since Legion Breachers are already Troops.
Pretty sure that's an editing error from a sentence I removed and left a word over, but yeah, it's wrong and I'll correct it. It was originally supposed to reference the elite breacher squad unit that the heralds supposedly have, but as it turns out they don't actually have one yet and I need to build one.

>Haven't had time for legion wargear prices
Sort of. They exist in my notes, just haven't been posted yet.

>Guardian spear have the bolter
I got Phoenix Spears and Guardian Spears mixed up. I'm probably going to remove reference to the custodes entirely, and just have them basically be the Phoenix Spears by another name. I might add custodes halberds back in, but they'll be a character only thing, probably only available to praetors.

>Hektor on Fraternity of War
I see it as unnecessary, as his entire legion is supposed to have worked with pretty much everyone else.
>>
>>50273873
>Void Angels are terrible ultramarines
I don't like the correspondence project, but for what it's worth I tend to think of them more like Raven Guard who happened to end up as the biggest Legion at the end. If you take away the founding of the Chapters, they don't have much in common with Guilliman's lot. (The War Scribes are probably closer to the Ultras, IMO.)
>>
File: 1476420746071.png (84KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1476420746071.png
84KB, 510x546px
>>50279264
Exactly, like Ultramarines but without most of the cool bits.
>>
File: 1225596941657.jpg (128KB, 450x494px) Image search: [Google]
1225596941657.jpg
128KB, 450x494px
>>50279308
Do we have Ollanius Pius? Because if not, I say we add him back into our canon.
>>
>>50279458
None of that perpetual nonsense, now.
>>
>>50280496
Hush, you don't get an opinion until you redeem yourself!

>>50279458
I don't think anyone has actually written out a blow by blow of the siege of terra yet, so it remains to be seen. We kind of need all the legions locked down so we know where everybody is and what they were doing during the battle.
>>
>>50281473
>Teleports behind u
I'm beyond redemption.

Anyways, anyone here good with photoshop or paint? I need some help with the Dreameaters' insignia
>>
>>50281503
Our resident artfag is Remembrancer, but he hasn't been around for a while as far as I know. I know Josman's done some stuff so you might ask him about it.
>>
File: Necron Rock Shooter.jpg (80KB, 620x439px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Rock Shooter.jpg
80KB, 620x439px
I'm super behind in my schedule and I have enough Imperial factions, so I'll work on a Necron dynasty instead of a knight house today.
>>
Brennus, if you're still alive I want to hit you up about some stuff for your Legion listing.
>>
So which Primarchs did nothing wrong?
>>
>>50284745
Yes.
>>
>>50284745
none of them did anything right.
>>
>>50284745
At best they did nothing, and some did everything wrong.
>>
>>50284745
So what's the deal with the Black Library in HkH
>>
>>50284745
Voidwatcher.
>>
>>50290956
>>
>>50290919
I imagine Voidwatcher would be manipulating a psyker/group of psykers to break in so he can stop being a force ghost and become Notgash.
>>
File: Marco Silverio.jpg (72KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Marco Silverio.jpg
72KB, 900x506px
Today I am writing an IG regiment!
>>
What's the fucking difference between the Life Bringers and the Eternal Zealots?
>>
>>50292723
the life bringers have big chests and thicc organs
>>
>>50292723
The Life Bringers are a bunch of biochemists. The Eternal Zealots are a bunch of ideologues.
>>
Who succeeds Hektor as warmaster of Chaos?
>>
>>50294876
Lilith the Legless.
>>
>>50294876
Immediately? I don't think anyone. It's a full scale route of the Traitors and is pretty disorganized. Some time after the Heresy, that is a couple millennia, Pallas cooks up our version of Abaddon (whose name is escaping me) in a lab from Hektor's genetics and a little splash of extra stuff. He ends up "uniting" Chaos and organizing the Black Crusades but that takes a long while as well. He also kills Pallas at some point.

I think Pallas might have nominal control over some amount of the Heralds and therefore the core of the Chaos forces following the Heresy, but I doubt it. Aubrey, being the first traitor and general spokeperson of the Dark Gods is also probably in control of a large portion.
>>
>>50295155
>>50294876
How's about Be'lakor?
>>
File: 1476135891149.png (403KB, 1094x992px) Image search: [Google]
1476135891149.png
403KB, 1094x992px
>>50295382
>>
>>50295382
Is a bitch who gets pushed around and whines a lot, just like canon.
>>
Are there any sneaky beaky legions? Or legions with tons of jetbikes?
>>
>>50295467
Iron Rangers are sneaky, and I think the Void Angels are also pretty sneaky. Scale Bearers are bike riders, to replace all their dinosaurs that went extinct.
>>
>>50295498
But what about jetbikes and land speeders?
>>
>>50295518
That's what I mean. They're kinda like Salamanders meets White Scars, if I'm remembering correctly. Though it's not like anyone has jet-bikes as a specialty themselves, because they quickly become rare even during the Heresy era.
>>
>>50295498
The Void Angels and Scale Bearers are sneaky?
>>
>>50297735
Not really. In terms of operational priority the Void Angels and Raven Guard are similar, though VA are more aircav/ODST types than sneeky, so they're the cheeky type... I think.

As for the scale bearers, no and no. They're just fast.
>>
how far reaching are the chaos warbands of Ostish?
>>
File: page_113.png (364KB, 327x502px) Image search: [Google]
page_113.png
364KB, 327x502px
>>50297777
Quads: check'd
>>
>>50297777
It has yet to be decided. In the end, it'll largely come down to how far reaching vulture wants his warband to be.

If it were up to me, I'd keep them all stuck (mostly) on the same planet and build a skirmish game out of it a la necromunda.
>>
>>50297777
>Seven

IT'S A SIGN. THE CURSE OF THE SEVENTH WILL STRIKE ONCE MORE
>>
File: thinker.jpg (23KB, 232x331px) Image search: [Google]
thinker.jpg
23KB, 232x331px
Does entropy (in the thermodynamic sense) fall under Tzeench's sphere of influence, or Nurlge's?
>>
>>50297908
Nonsense, it's just papa nurgle blessing that post.
>>
>>50297908
We'll find out tomorrow, one way or another.
>>
>>50297908
Or maybe it's just quads, faggot

>>50298052
This

>>50298068
What does that mean?
>>
>>50298088
And now Khorne blesses us with dubs
>>
>>50298088
>What does that mean?
It means that Caligor's cutoff date is tomorrow, so we'll know one way or another whether or not he's staying. Odds are people will get together to talk it over tomorrow, and if he hasn't gotten shit done, he'll get axed and one of the contingency legions will get put up or the legion slot will get handed off.
>>
>>50298129
Like...tomorrow morning, tomorrow afternoon, midnight GMT? Details man, details. You can't make vague threats and deadlines
>>
>>50298476
Dunno. We never actually decided. Odds are if you've got more stuff done we're more inclined to be lenient. If you haven't done shit, we might just axe you as soon as we have a quorum.
>>
>>50298497
To play devil's advocate, Cal has steadily adding stuff for the Dreameaters and Zan Shin. Whether or not it is sufficient remains to be seen.
>>
>>50298573
Trust me, it's not. I've had a busy week so it's a pretty meager output. Just got dinner so I'm gonna get to work. Hopefully by the time I pass out from exhaustion it will be a satisfactory amount
>>
what is all this
>>
>>50300059
This is the /tg/ heresy, also called Hektor Heresy, a fan rewriting of the Warhammer 40,000 setting.

The timeline begins changing at the birth of slaanesh, and thus far the efforts of writers have been focused around the Great Crusade and ensuing Heresy.
>>
>>50300170
I still never liked "the /tg/ heresy" label, to be honest. We're only part of /tg/, not all of it. I think just "The Hektor Heresy" is better.
>>
>>50297777
WITH THE POWERS OF QUADS, YOU HAVE SUMMONED ME

I was thinking that the Plague Hawks could work similarly to Imperial Guard units where they travel to worlds where their services are needed. The other warbands aren't mine, so their range isn't my decision.
>>
So I was thinking of potential champions for the Plague Hawks and thought that a sort of "air admiral that blotted out the sky with spores" type guy would be fitting, but sort of boring, considering that that's what you would expect from a warband like this. Do you guys have any ideas for a more interesting champion or am I just overthinking it?
>>
>>50301537
Yo, Swole and I had some thoughts about economics on Ostashi.

It occured to us that if we're throwing five cults onto one planet, and only one of them can make weapons, that warband is then going to be untouchable because of their monopoly on arms dealing. They'd all need to have something to offer the others, or trade imbalances would make the Brazen Circuit OP.

So the idea was:

>Brazen Cicuit make weapons and industrial technology
>Plague Hawks, being on the surface, produce food because mushroom farming and all that.
>Singers, being underground, provide metals, minerals, and other raw materials.
>Kaleidoscions, being ones to resist the corruption, sell medicine and chemical cleaners and the like (very necessary on a fungus covered world)
>The Slithering Tongues, being aristocratic slaaneshi bastards, make luxury goods and more artisanal weapons.
>>
>>50301537
So nurglite Blood Pact?
>>
>>50301621
Ostashi sounds pretty lit tbqhwyf
>>
File: MAdMech.jpg (7KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
MAdMech.jpg
7KB, 246x205px
>>50301643
We're going to build an advanced system of culture and economy! We're world building!

HERETICS NEED TO EAT TOO
>>
>>50301621
Ooh, that sounds good. The one question I have is about the Slaaneshi cult: where do they live?
>>
File: ride of the plague hawks.jpg (54KB, 540x347px) Image search: [Google]
ride of the plague hawks.jpg
54KB, 540x347px
>>50301632
I wasn't thinking of something that regimented. I was more thinking of something like
>Hey Plague Hawks, wanna raid a hive world?
>Sorry Brazen Circuit, we have to tend to our mushroom farms
>They have a Nurglite artifact/They don't believe in vaccines
>Pic Related
>>
>>50301606
A guy that has turned into a actual fungal cloud, something like a swarm intelligence.

When idle it actually forms more or less into a humanoid shape, when he begins to fight he disperses into a cloud of death. He can also take over the minds of his underlings to fight as an extension of him like certain parasitic fungi.
>>
>>50301745
That's a good idea. The cult that runs the Plague Hawks could have that as their sorcerers or something
>>
>>50301663
In smashed ancient hive cities. Run down rural areas, just somewhere were they can try to live luxuriously but look like fancyhobos while doing it.
>>
>>50301824
Ah, alright. I missed the part of the thread where they said that. Also, I wrote a piece where the Plague Hawks grew hallucinogenic mushrooms. Would that be another thing that the Hawks sold to the Tongues or would the Tongues try to seize that from the Hawks, since drugs are mostly a Slaaneshi thing??
>>
>>50301858
Chaos drug wars. You could have an undivided Pablo Escobar figure that unites members of the warbands to run his drug trade.
>>
>>50301891
>The last scene from Scarface but with a melta instead of a grenade launcher.
I think you just struck gold, my friend.
>>
>>50301945
>>50301891
>>50301858
>>50301824
>>50301814
>>50301745
During the End Times I want to have The Watcher come in and unify them all to crusade for chaos.
>>
>>50302043
>End Times
See you in 2061 when we finally get there
>>
>>50302043
The Voidwatcher? He'd want them for himself.

>I am The Voidwatcher, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the power of his soul? "No," says the man in Terra, "it belongs to a corpse." "No," says the man in the Ku Haral, "it belongs to the Gods." "No," says the man in the Eye, "it belongs to Chaos." I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Godhood. A state of being where the psyker would not fear the daemon; where the enginseer would not be bound by petty cults; where the mortal would not be constrained by the immortal! And with the power of your soul, Godhood can become your state of being as well.
>>
In lieu of bumping, tell me about your favourite primarch and why
>>
>>50301606
A very big man on a jetpack; he doesn't actually do anything with spores, he just blasts in and starts wrecking shit.
The spores in his body may or may not be orkish in nature.
>>
>>50302543
Not the Voidwatcher, The Watcher. Tzeenchian Ottoman Gandalf.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Four#Vizier_Selim_Cihangir
>>
It just occurred to me that the new Tzeench marine update is a god damn problem. Okay, so if Magnus is attacking with them, we know it's end times type shit. But during M41.999, Logan, Bjorn, and 80% of the Space Wolves are at Cadia, not on Fenris.

Gonna be a boring ass battle if it's just magnus and ahriman killing trainees and natives.
>>
>>50306324
>>50302543
In retrospect, when creating a third major sorcerer character for the setting, maybe having "watcher" in his name was a mistake.
>>
>>50301858
Alright my chos bretheren, I've got a hankering to do some non-legion non-rules based writing

Assuming it's cool with you guys, I'm going to set up a page for Ostish itself, and create pages for the other four warbands and get some substantial lore up for them.
>>
>>50306369
>The Thousand Sons and their crew just draw dicks all over everything, and the trainees can do nothing to stop them.
>>
so what's the Ostishian timeline at the moment?
>>
The page for the Plague Hawks is pretty much finished, but I'd appreciate any input, if you have any
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Ostishi_Plague_Hawks
>>
>>50311404
Yet to be decided.

My recommendation would be that it was colonized during the age of strife, warp storms n shit happened, the population got divided, and then our current situation popped up. Then comes the end time when spess chaos gandalf shows up to unite them all to go crusade for chaos n shit.
>>
>>50311487
it looks pretty good.
the only thing I would change is to make certain parts of it more open ended, particularly when the planet was converted, so the rest f the warbands can be fit in there in a way that makes sense.
>>
>>50312124
>However, the Brotherhood failed to counteract the atrophying effect of the Nurglite taint, and the spores withered before they could reach the swamps below. This would prove problematic for the Plague Hawks later on, as the bulk of their rivals dwelled in the fungoid mire.
Does this help with the consistency?
>>
>>50312710
most certainly.
>>
>>50312898
Alright
>>
I noticed that none of the warbands but the Plague Hawks had any champions, so I thought some up so all of them have at least one.

>Oxitrax the Gleaming is a member of the Brazen Circuit, and one of it's few members who thirsts to fall upon the field of battle and spill blood herself, rather then sit back and let her creations do it for her. the entirety of her body's surface area has been replaced with shining brass cybernetics; if one were to see her without her altered gold mechanicus robes on, one would see a humanoid mess of interlocking plates and tubes, with glowing crimson lights replacing eyes.
>Once a meager initiate in the Machine Cult of Mars, she had killed one of her ilk during a vicous argument; she fled the planet in shame, making a pilgrimage until she came to Ostih, where she found plenty of foes to unleash her pent up anger upon.
>She soon found both Khorne and the Crimson Circuit; and using her skills she rose up in the hierarchy of the hereteks, and became one of their bloodthirsty leaders.

(cont.)
>>
>>50313640

>under the title of the Clothed Snake, Gastra Purgel leads bands of Slithering Tongues, by force of will and by force of arms. Slipping behind enemy lines, she and her troupes come upon enemy combatants like cackling hyenas, assaulting them from surprise angles in all out attacks or sneaking into their dwellings and stealthily eliminating desirable targets; leaving nothing but chewed up bodies as signs of their presence
>once the young daughter of a wealthy noble, she was one of the original settlers of Ostish in what would later become the crumbling kingdoms of the Slithering Tongues. When the hives fell to Slaanesh, the woman soon began a campaign of slaughter, carving out her own domain in one of the larger hives. once the Slithering Tongues grew fully into what they are now, she soon slashed her way into infamy.
>Gastra's signature weapon, Slatherfroth, resembles nothing less then the blade of a massive straight razor; daemonic engravings on it's side shifting into various disturbing scenes when not observed.
>>
>>50313655

>One of the most influential members of the Kaleidoscions, the commander known as Sham'uul strides forth with his "cleansing crew", relieving the terrain of filth of all kinds, living and dead. Respected as a master of fire in all it's forms, his brightly colored armor serves as a symbol of hope to his allies and a symbol of death to those that oppose the will of Tzeentch.
>Sham'uul was born under the banner of chaos; he has lived and trained near his whole life to serve it. In his mind, his home world of Ostish is nothing more then a stepping stone; once it has been rendered sterile, he will simply move onto the next planet and clean it, and repeat the process until the whole galaxy is free from Nurgle's mushy grasp.
>His signature flamer, the daemon weapon called K'zthi'skal, was gifted to him by Tzeentch himself after successfully slaying a Harbringer of Nurgle in single combat and scrubbing the battlefield clean of any toxins left behind. Appearing as a standard flamer with strands of blue flesh webbed throughout it's surface, eyes that glow with malevolence and mouths that spew sparks bubble up and sink down into it as mutates. As a Flamer of Tzeentch, K'zthi'skal grants the "body" it has been shoved into the ability to blast shimmering warpfire rather then the mere promethium fires of mortal weapons, and even outshining and outheating the warpfire of most sorcerers.
>>
>>50313917

>Preferring to go nameless, the man called the Trembling Note is a deeply revered sage of chaos among the bands of singing heretics that dwell in the caves deep beneath Ostish's surface.
>Meek and blind, Trembling Note is a powerful psyker, treating every sound he speaks and sings almost like sacred communion with the Ruinous Powers. Those who have witnessed him in battle hear a singing voice far louder and grander then one would expect out of a space marine, much less someone as gray as he; with a sound that shakes the ground and moves the spirit, he incants spells in strange tongues almost effortlessly as he calls down blasts of warp energy and summons strange daemons to his bidding.
>Little is known about Trembling Note's past; but massive, faded scars that run across his body and the way he speaks of massive battles of the past almost like he was there speaks volumes about both his age and his experience.
>>
It's been a bit of a busy week for me (I'll spare you the sob story), but we did agree to at least re-open the discussion on Legions VII and XIII today.

Regarding VII, Arbites said that he was happy to work with whoever he needed to and I'm sure that everyone would agree that's a good thing. However (and this is no doubt more controversial) what's currently on the Dreameaters page doesn't fit very well with other parts of the setting. Most importantly, the Legion is very similar to the Iron Rangers. They happen to have a gimmick weapon, but their culture and doctrine are cut from the same cloth. Now, some duplication isn't an issue, but it's a problem in the Legions. It seems to me that Arbites would be happier with the greater creative liberty involved in working on other parts of the project. (Nobody cares if there are many similar warbands, for example.)

As I understand the situation with the XIIIth, Uriel-anon's statement at http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50247531/#50251219 seemed to be accepted. I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't been in threads to talk over his concept since but I don't know what other commitments he has.
>>
>>50314873
I'm free for the next 2 days from now. I'm not sure on where to start with discussion though right now.
>>
>>50318514
>>
File: Iron-Father_Autek_Mor.png (902KB, 720x670px) Image search: [Google]
Iron-Father_Autek_Mor.png
902KB, 720x670px
Busy weekend it seems.
>>
>>50322626
no kidding.
>>
>>50322626
hopefully it picks up soon
>>
>>50322626
>>50323282
>>50324305
9 more days of school for the American Fall Semester, in most places.
>>
>>50324994
Also Thanksgiving's coming up for most of us, so there's often some prep work to do before next weekend.
>>
>>50326188
Also partly we've really gotten onto the IRC train, so casual discussion happens there instead of here.
>>
>>50328074
Additionally, most of our (currently)major creators are working on things that don't require a lot of input.

Zorg is writing independent concepts which requires only him, Josman is writing legion rules which is most math, Cal and Uriel are... Doing their own thing.
>>
>>50318514
>>
I wanna have Be'lakor be the daemon that possesses Zan Shin's corpse. That cool with everyone?
>>
Ok, after a brief discussion on IRC I'll submit this for discussion:

The 13ths Doctrine.

Ultimately it is a strategy around denial; the legions aim is to destroy or seize the opponents ability to wage war.
To that end they use deception, mobility, flexibility, and intelligence.

Previously I had them run afoul of the Mechanicus over 'Watchtower', a centralised administrative and support formation. The Mechanicus were opposed to the Techmarines that were merged into it sharing knowledge with others, especially librarians.
I'll probably drop the Watchtower formation as it stands for a variety of reasons.
What I'm looking at right now is just having the legion incorporate IA regiments more directly into their forces, having proven regiments on the frontlines from the very start of the Crusade.
And I'll keep the Mechanicus feud, as that creates hardship for the legion via poor supply.

This in turn forces the legion to rely on its methods even more; mobility, flexibility, intelligence, and especially deception all allow a force to achieve more with less. When you have less, that sort of economical approach to warfare becomes necessary, and brings about innovation (change) so I think this works nicely.

From an organisational standpoint, part of the mobility and flexibility aspects will mean splitting the legions Battle-groups into smaller Compliance Groups. These will initially coordinate on campaigns together as independent segments of the same army. But as the crusade drags on they'll be spread increasingly thin across the galaxy, so by the Heresy the legion is a mess of Compliance Groups scattered all over the map.

This will also feed into the post heresy by providing lots of areas for Tzeentchian fun to be worked in.
Sorcery and mutation will obviously become a staple, but the deception and intelligence aspects provide fertile ground for lots of more abstract change, and scheming. Especially propaganda and psyops stuff, which seems like fun.
>>
File: hypnocolours.gif (997KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hypnocolours.gif
997KB, 500x500px
I'm also going to focus on morale. The 13th's astartes aren't the strongest, best melee fighters, most numerous, best equipped, etc. But the legion is excellent at motivation and man/astartes management. They are a tight-knit bunch, even with their 'adopted' IA regiments.
They'll also train ruthlessly to overcome their equipment shortcomings.
As a result they get extraordinary results from what little they do have.

Aside from that I'm looking to change the legion culture, to represent Uriels homeworld more I was uncomfortable doing this after all the "ripping off cultures is bad" stuff, and frankly I don't want to do disservice to the latino cultures I'm largely unfamiliar with. But I still plan on having the legion be quite diverse, all drawn together via shared ideals and legion circumstances/tradition.

The Geneseed will get mutated post-fall as expected of Tzeentchs legion.

I'll leave this there for now so people can discuss if they wish to.
>>
>>50331565
Basically my ideal timeline is thus
>Zan Shin is ordered to check on the Eternal Zealots, who have been rumored to be doing Heretical Things
>Zan shows up, Aubrey tries to swing a, "Join the Dark Side, brother!" approach
>Zan shuts him down, gains the upper hand in epic duel, asks for Audrey's last words
>Aurbey moves the hearts of his legion with them, and Zan is Julius Ceaser'd by the majority of his command.
>Aubrey unceremoniously runs him through

Now how his soul ends up in a sword, and how a daemon gets shoved into his body, I'm not sure on. I feel like this would be something that the Voidwatcher would do. Anyway

>Zan'lekor blows off the Daemon Primarchs, treating them like dumb kids, and snatches the parts of his legion that aren't busy exterminating the Loyalist Dreameaters
>Rushes to Terra to "warn" The Emperor and crew that the traitors are headed straight for them
>Emps and Malcy, as well as others a highly suspicious of Zan, as they sense something is a miss
>Loyalist Dreameaters show up just at the traitor force comes to siege Terra, warning them of the imposter
>Roman ties up Be'lakor with the Zansword while Malcy binds Be'lakor to Zan's body, trapping him in realspace

>>50332365
Psyops and human intelligence are realms I want to have the Dreameaters occupy. Let me have this, please
>>
>>50332589
The 13th have had that since forever though mate.

>Aubrey jobbing again
He's really become our Lorgar...
>>
>>50332589
I'm on IRC by the by, it's probably easier to talk there.
>>
I can't wait until we're past the heresy, personally.
>>
>>50333558
Soon... Just gotta get the VII and XIII polished up, then give it another month of people writing the post-heresy, then we're off.
>>
>>50334952
And a blow by blow of the Siege of Terra
>>
>>50333558
What do you want to write in the post-Heresy era? Most of the AU can be tackled without nailing down the finer details of the civil war.
>>
>>50335205
The Motsky'ar and other Eldar stuff, mostly
>>
>>50335205
Personally I want to write some chaos, so I need to figure out the traitor legions, which is a bit difficult when one of them is being built and another three are getting overhauled.
>>
Concept: A Dark Eldar archon or daemon prince who acts completely chaste, abstains from drinking and gluttony and dresses his minions in non-sexy maid outfits until the last day of the month in which he gorges on all of the things he keeps himself from to make it more pleasurable.
>>
>>50318514
>>
>>50336865
Would you fucking quit it? We didn't even need a bump this time.
>>
>>50335837
I like it
>>
>>50335383
>>50335837
The eldar needs some love, especially Cal's god babbies
>N'nyth was too pure for this world
>>
>>50337922
Cal has enough on his plate with solobuilding an entire legion, a Primarch, and giant ass space station.

While I love the Motsky'ar and Kahnabaine, he should really focus on one thing at a time
>>
Does anyone have anything to discuss?
>>
the warbands still need a lot more fleshing out; the unaligned one doesn't even have a name still.
>>
>>50339211
Yeah, one thing I've been meaning to bring up: Names.

Why do the primarchs/characters in general have the names they do?

Most of the GW characters names are a reference to something or the other, especially the primarchs.

Why do our characters have the names they have?
>>
>>50340392
Zan Shin is derived from Zanshin, and a portmanteau of these two different Japanese honorifics meaning "Spoopy spoops".

Zanshin is a state of complete awareness during martial arts, im which one is one with their body and mind.
>>
>>50340392
I have created exactly five characters.

The first are my chaos knights

>Selim Chihangir "The Wanderer"
Named after Suleiman the Magnificent's father and son, respectively, as I realized the guy kind of had an ottoman gandalf feel, and wanted him to have accordingly ottoman names.

>Lord Rikard Gerant "The Champion"
Named after Richard the Lionheart, who seemed a pretty good example of the honorable bloodhungry psychopath.

>Lady Anna Morgana "The Exemplar"
Originally I had her as this actual beutiful femme fatale type corrupting great men and shit, but then I realized that's kind of counter intuitive to her whole "best knight pilot evar" thing, plus it takes from the mysterious nature of them if one of the four is running around looking like a normal human. So the name is a leftover from earlier concepts wherein she was a charismatic witch type (based on Morgana leFay, obviously)

>Tancerod LeGalavo "The Reaper"
No real inspiration beyond this one. The Tancerod part is based of Tancred, a knight crusader who helped take jerusalem in the first crusade, thus linking Tancerod to the idea of knightdom, as he's the only classical knight in the group. The phonetic changes (tancerod vs Tancred, and Le Galavo) are to add lots of rounded, soft a's and o's to the name, which seems to fit nurgle well to me.

The fifth is the third character for the Black Augurs legion list, "The Black Knight," thus called because he's a knight... Who's black. Doesn't really have a backstory as of yet, he's just there to fill a character niche in the army.
>>
>>50340392
I named Uriel after a biblical figure with a lot of vagueness and conspiracy about him. Then realised it was also the name of an Ultramarines character later down the line when it was too late to change it.
Back then his last name was different and that was based on a character from an obscure tv drama about the cold war.

Other names are either based on random famous people, or real common names from that respective culture with some google translate thrown in every now and then.
>>
>>50340392
Voidwatcher's name is kind of a relic of very early days of the project. Originally he was a half-eldar guy who specialized exclusively in seeing the future, I couldn't come up with a good first name but settled on Voidwatcher as a title. As the character and legion evolved, I thought having them all just have titles instead of names would be cute. Eventually the actual augury of the Augurs got phased out in favor of more general sorcerery, but the names stuck around.
>>
>>50340392
I picked some syllables and letters until I got something that sounded decent.

It's what I've done for all the characters and planets that I've written.
>>
>>50340392
Gaspard Lumey is named after William de la Marck, Lord of Lumey (a famous privateer).

Pallas Eugenesis should be pretty obvious.

Jeanne d'Orléans is named after Jeanne d'Arc, la Pucelle d'Orléans (aka Joan of Arc, the Maid of Orlean.)

Shakya Vardhana is named after the Shakya Clan (their most famous member being Siddhārtha Gautama, the Buddha), while Vardhana is the name of an Indian dynasty.

Komra is a contraction of "Comrade" that happens to be Armok spelled backwards. Edsten is a radical contraction of Eduard Bernstein, Roxum comes from Rosa Luxemberg, Karnech from Karl Leibknecht, and Kakau from Karl Kautsky. If the theme wasn't relatively obscure and being used as a loose guide, this would all be a bit heavy handed!

Abdul Al-Sherar just means "Slave of Al-Sherar".

Some other names were derived by similar methods but I don't remember the exact origin.
>>
>>50342990
>Pallas Eugenesis should be pretty obvious.
I mean, I get the Eugenesis part.
>>
>>50343275
Pallas is an epithet of Athena.
>>
File: tmp_8193-1478706492032940974782.jpg (214KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8193-1478706492032940974782.jpg
214KB, 600x620px
>>50342990
>Komra is a contraction of "Comrade" that happens to be Armok spelled backwards.
Sure, whatever you say.
>>
>>50340392
Will back to on this tomorrow.
>>
>>50343941
Don't get me wrong. I settled for it because it was Armok backwards rather than having them called "Kamra" or something. But the Social Democracy stuff runs all the way through the Komra page and Dwarf Fortress references are fleeting.
>>
>>50342990
>>50343941
I named Aubrey after a modern philosopher and Dorian Gray.

Everything ever since as been references to the medical field or immortality.

Go fucking figure.

We haven't been able to kill the bastard off in canon either.
>>
>>50332589
>>>50332365
>Psyops and human intelligence are realms I want to have the Dreameaters occupy. Let me have this, please

And this is why we've told you to familiarize yourself with the other legions. This is a collaborative project which means you absolutely have to take the effort to work with others.
>>
Shadowy Cabals are a Necessary Part of the Democratic Process. | Behold his royal highness, Snake Prince, Highlord of Sneks, Regent of Reptiles and Fukboi of the Hektor Heresy.
>>
>>50344879
You just had to put it in the thread, didn't you?
>>
>>50344879
>>50345686
What is going on
>>
>>50346074
Jokes were made in IRC, then posted in thread without context.
>>
>>50344391
It got worked out.

Same but different
>>
Yo, Josman, would you want to do Xenos rules at some point? I always had ideas for expanding on the Rak'gol in this setting.
>>
>>50346390
So did I actually, I love 'em.

Wanna hop in the IRC?
>>
>>50336865
>>
>>50346390
What did you have in mind?
>>
>>50347065
You know, you can discuss these things in-thread too.
>>
Hey Cal, if you aint busy, hit up IRC for a minute?
>>
I spoke with Caligor. He's up to speed.
>>
>>50350172
With what?
>>
>>50350710
Do you have time to talk in IRC for a moment?
>>
>>50350767
Not necessarily, but I have a feeling that this is going to be some political bullshit.

No afraid to air our dirty laundry are you, anonkun~?
>>
>>50350817
It's just that I'm at work, on mobile. Mot conducive to IRC atm
>>
>>50350817
Hardly, I just prefer to settle matters in IRC when they have the potential to escalate.

The group took the legion slot from Caligor. This decision was made based on his hostile conduct and our lack of confidence in him as a writer. He's repeatedly ignored other group member's advice and concenrs, and he refuses to familiarize himself with the AU's lore. A majority of the project's contributors made the decision by vote. Unless I'm forgetting someone, only three major contributors in the project were missing from that discussion, so it's not like this was a minority thing.

I told him about it a couple hours ago, and he took it fairly well. He said that he's angry, but still intends to carry on, working on xenos (his eldar, I would guess).
>>
>>50350936
>Hey we came to a vote, you're good to go!
>Kek, sike we came to another vote. Get fucked kid.

Well that's not fucked up at all.
>>
>>50351224
The first time we discussed it there were only four of us there, so we decided to just hold out and see. Yesterday we had pretty much everyone.
>>
>>50351224
You know what else is fucked? Making death threats. Going on drunken racist rants. Vandalizing wiki pages.

Don't act like Caligor is innocent in all this. All things considered, I think people have been surprisingly lenient in their response.
>>
>>50346390
Actually, depending on what you're planning, there's already a fan codex for them up on the homebrew section of the 1d4chan codex page. Haven't read it yet, but when I get some time I'll look it over and see if it's any good.
>>
>>50351263
Eh, fair. But I can see where he would be coming from if he was pissed

>>50351344
On the Internet. After his friend died and he took some seriously toxic bait.

Consider me his legal defense, considering I'm a neutralish party. But it seems the group is relatively set on this matter. Funny, since Cal was losing his shit about this very ocurance. Funny.

So interpersonal lynching aside, what is going to happen with the VIIth?
>>
>>50351715
Then again, it doesn't seem to be posted anymore.
>>
File: 1331613747194.jpg (156KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
1331613747194.jpg
156KB, 600x502px
>>50351753
>What's happening with the last slot
At the moment, they're being replaced with the mastodontii, an old legion that got cut previously but was brought back to fill the slot. They are best summarized as "cavemen in metal boxes." I like the dream eaters concept better, but I recognize the necessisty of the replacement.

There was also a change in group policy: we will no longer be giving legion slots to individual writers, rather only to people who come forward with completed ideas and concepts. I disapprove of this choice, as it seems to me that it only serves to solidify control over the setting in the hands of older writers while also making it less likely new people will be interested. New contributors are much less likely to join the project if, rather than being given leave to commence supervised work on any given concept, they instead need to bring forth a finalized product that already fits with the given lore.

While I do disagree with the choice, I understand why they thought it a necessary measure.

So, I understand that you are Caligor's chosen successor for his legion. At this point there is no gaurentee you would be granted the slot, but if you choose to write up a modified version of the legion, I'm willing to aid your attempt, and I can help you avoid the pitfalls caligor fell into.

Personally I'd rather see yakuza gutter trashmarines than caveman marines, but if we want to make it happen, it'll be based on the merrits of the writing and the strength of the concept, not ablank check for the slot.
>>
File: Moral of the story.png (492KB, 691x724px) Image search: [Google]
Moral of the story.png
492KB, 691x724px
>>50352001
>There was also a change in group policy: we will no longer be giving legion slots to individual writers, rather only to people who come forward with completed ideas and concepts.
Oh look, something reasonable.
>>
>>50352001
>At the moment, they're being replaced with the mastodontii, an old legion that got cut previously but was brought back to fill the slot. They are best summarized as "cavemen in metal boxes." I like the dream eaters concept better, but I recognize the necessisty of the replacement.

Oh man, it's like a joke that went way too far. Also, this is literally the Brotherhood of the Monolith. It seems creative bankruptcy is the true Curse of the Seventh
>There was also a change in group policy: we will no longer be giving legion slots to individual writers, rather only to people who come forward with completed ideas and concepts. I disapprove of this choice, as it seems to me that it only serves to solidify control over the setting in the hands of older writers while also making it less likely new people will be interested. New contributors are much less likely to join the project if, rather than being given leave to commence supervised work on any given concept, they instead need to bring forth a finalized product that already fits with the given lore.
I disagree with this as well initially, but since it's only pertaining to legion slots I have no problem with it being a thing. It may actually be a boon in the long run.

>So, I understand that you are Caligor's chosen successor for his legion. At this point there is no gaurentee you would be granted the slot, but if you choose to write up a modified version of the legion, I'm willing to aid your attempt, and I can help you avoid the pitfalls caligor fell into.
While he hasn't asked me about my opinion, I'd love to reprise the Dreameaters. Especially if it's under your tutelage; I may learn things that will make me a better writer in the long term.
>Personally I'd rather see yakuza gutter trashmarines than caveman marines
Indeed.
>>
>>50352225
>Oh man, it's like a joke that went way too far.
It is not a joke.

>>50352225
>since it's only pertaining to legion slots I have no problem with it being a thing.
Theoretically it's only for legion slots, but I suspect the same method will be used for other major concepts. It seems contrary to our stated intentions at the beginning of each thread that we welcome new contributors when we're putting substantial barries to entry in front of serious involvement with the project. Again, I see why they thought it was necessary, and perhaps it is, but I wonder how many people agreed without thinking it through.

>LETS DO IT BRUH
It will not be easy. The Dreameaters will have something of a stigma attached to them by caligor's legacy. But nonetheless I believe that with significant overhauls, persistant effort, and cooperation with the group, it can be done.

*music swells*

Cyberpunk drug tiger marines shall be ours! FREEEEEEDOM OR SOMETHING!
>>
>>50352225
>Oh man, it's like a joke that went way too far. Also, this is literally the Brotherhood of the Monolith. It seems creative bankruptcy is the true Curse of the Seventh
I can't blame you for not reading anything about the Mastodontii since they haven't been in for a while.
>>
>>50352400
>It will not be easy. The Dreameaters will have something of a stigma attached to them by caligor's legacy. But nonetheless I believe that with significant overhauls, persistant effort, and cooperation with the group, it can be done.
From my understanding of the Dreameaters, having a bit of a stigma attached to them may be thematically consistent.

Either way, having a stigma against electronic words because they're based of the words of another is as juvenile as going on drunken rants when grieving as opposed to perhaps walking away from the internet.

>>50352425
I don't intend to either, at least for now. I'd like to focus on creating a fresher alternative than to what appears to be a stopgap measure to show Cal that he isn't welcome here.

Why is he sticking around? I get that he's stubborn, and I don't have problem, but I'm like the only person that's cool with him.
>>
File: Chapter Master Lachlan.jpg (56KB, 736x573px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter Master Lachlan.jpg
56KB, 736x573px
>>50352524
>I don't intend to either, at least for now. I'd like to focus on creating a fresher alternative than to what appears to be a stopgap measure to show Cal that he isn't welcome here.
>Why is he sticking around? I get that he's stubborn, and I don't have problem, but I'm like the only person that's cool with him.
Honestly I'd rather we just not try to put effort into filling the spot, loyal:traitor ratio be damned.
>>
>>50352558
Considering you wouldn't be committing effort I don't see why you would care. Unless you're a big fan of Fred Flinstone and the METAL BAWKSES
>>
>>50352558
>Considering you wouldn't be committing effort I don't see why you would care.
I don't really, but I'm the sole proponent of CUT LEGIONS.
>Unless you're a big fan of Fred Flinstone and the METAL BAWKSES
I also like psychedeliamarines, probably more in fact.
>>
File: Sad Oni of Loneliness.jpg (138KB, 1237x645px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Oni of Loneliness.jpg
138KB, 1237x645px
>>50352673
>I also like psychedeliamarines, probably more in fact.
Especially their primarch.
>>
>>50352524
I'm think that as we move forward we should deemphasize their rebellious nature, and focus more on their nature as triad/yakuza gangsters. Gutter trash of the worst sort, to be sure, but both fearful and respectful of their superiors. As you move up the command ranks you get more and more formal, just like actual triads, with slightly-less-of-a-punk squad sergeants, to arrogant dragon-tattood lieutenant capo types, up to your (metaphorically) silk suited types who fancy themselves feudal lords.

This will help to differentiate them from the Night Lords and Iron Rangers while also keeping true to Caligor's original intentions.
>>
>>50353097
Wanna hop into the IRC? May be a better forum. Or not, I don't know
>>
>>50353375
I'm on at the moment.
>>
>>50352001
>They are best summarized as "cavemen in metal boxes."
That's not a summary, let alone the best one. The Mastodontii aren't cavemen.

>>50352400
> It seems contrary to our stated intentions at the beginning of each thread that we welcome new contributors when we're putting substantial barries to entry in front of serious involvement with the project
Honestly, the barriers to serious involvement existed already. Writing up one of the Legions required a significant investment of time just to become familiar with the relevant AU lore, let alone actually doing the work. The joke about the "Curse of the Seventh" really refers to the difficulties and disillusionment that new contributors faced trying to grapple with those problems. I think that if new people know what they're dealing with from the start, they'll be better able to seriously contribute.
>>
File: Sisters of Battle.jpg (48KB, 414x266px) Image search: [Google]
Sisters of Battle.jpg
48KB, 414x266px
>>50354198
>The Mastodontii aren't cavemen.
I thought they were cavemen.
>>
>>50354198
How would you summarise them?
>>
>>50355829
Tech-nomads.

Their background has barbarism in it, but the influences are a mix of steppe and arctic peoples, leaning more towards the steppe for the underlying ideas and more towards the arctic for names. The metal bawxes bit was fair.
>>
So, how about them sneks.
>>
>>50357736
What about them sneks
>>
>>50357773
They pretty good.
>>
>>50348481
>>
>>50359864
>>
So, who is our Magnus? The one guy who fucks everything up for being a dumbass
>>
>>50362216
You mean, your Lorgar.
Or your Emperor.
>>
>>50362216
Our Magnus is Void, but he does everything on purpose.

Honestly you might say it's Hektor, because he just gets misled like fuck.
>>
So I have undertaken the fixing of the Dreameaters in hopes that they can be put back in the VIIth legion slot. This isn't out of any discontent with the Mastadontii (Literally, how are they not cavemen?), but rather a deep infatuation with the Dreameaters (Cyberpunk ganger trash led by a Kunnin' Oni? Breddy dope).

However before I invest deeply into this legion, I need to understand what exactly were their problems, barring interpersonal bullshit, so I can adress them one by one.

So if you guys would oblige me; What exactly was wrong with the Dreameaters?
>>
>>50318514
>>
File: 1476298180692.jpg (235KB, 687x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1476298180692.jpg
235KB, 687x1040px
>>50363502
>Similarities with the Iron Rangers (legion culture of rebelliousness)
>Similarities with the Night Lords (A walking war crime, gutter trash soldiers)
To fix these two I'd recommend playing up the triad respect angle like we discussed in thread.
>People misunderstanding the whole Zan'Lakor situation
I say this because people were under the impression that Be'Lakor was wandering around the imperial palace tricking everybody, including Malcador and the Emperor. I believe this is a misunderstanding, as it was explained to me in IRC that Malcador discovers who he is pretty much upon seeing him, at which point he and roman kick the shit out of him.
>Zan'Lakor deceiving the freaking Emperor and Malcador.
See above issues. This issue, if you insist on keeping it, has to be handled carefully. My recommendation would be to have Zan'Lakor stay on a ship so he never actually sets foot on terra. No face to face conversation and a few thousand miles between him and anyone important would help with the deception, but would still seem suspicious enough that Malcador might personally want to look into it.
>People don't like that there are more than three strong duelist primarchs. but that's dumb so you can ignore it. Just don't go the "can handily beat the two best duelists in the setting" way of it.
Having a few duelist characters in the setting is okay, as the AU has five of them, and I've yet to hear any reasons why we'd have to be limited to two. Just try to tone back this "beats aubrey and fights roman to a standstill" nonsense.

Final piece of advice: Read. The. Lore.

Seriously, Cal always refused to do this and his writing suffered for it because his work was often considered to be incongruous with the rest of the setting.
>>
>>50362238
Reckon that Aubrey is our Lorgar
Zorg is our Emperor
>>
File: I don't give a fuck.jpg (264KB, 520x451px) Image search: [Google]
I don't give a fuck.jpg
264KB, 520x451px
>>50366630
Damn right.
>>
>>50366630
>Reckon that Aubrey is our Lorgar
Our lorgar, our fulgrim, hell, he's even got a little magnus crammed deep up in there somewhere.
>>
>>50365571
>>Similarities with the Iron Rangers (legion culture of rebelliousness)
>>Similarities with the Night Lords (A walking war crime, gutter trash soldiers)
>To fix these two I'd recommend playing up the triad respect angle like we discussed in thread.
I would say that they would still have a rebellious streak, but it would be more jovially fucking around with their command than the Ranger's dour disregard for masters. The similarities with the NLs will be inevitable to the ignorant, but I'll add in a little more immediate color to them.
>>People misunderstanding the whole Zan'Lakor situation
I agree with this wholeheartedly. It was equal parts Cal communicating poorly and people looking for things to bitch about. But these are all easy fixes. The over all idea that Be'lakor took Zan's body and tried to stab Terra in the back is pretty great.

>>People don't like that there are more than three strong duelist primarchs. but that's dumb so you can ignore it. Just don't go the "can handily beat the two best duelists in the setting" way of it.
>Having a few duelist characters in the setting is okay, as the AU has five of them, and I've yet to hear any reasons why we'd have to be limited to two. Just try to tone back this "beats aubrey and fights roman to a standstill" nonsense.
I would say it would be reasonable to have him on the same level as Aubrey, or a close third, and just differentiate HOW they fight. Aurbey may be a very flashy fighter, with grand flourishes and sweeping coup de graces, while Zan would he a very technical, snappy fighter, substituting lethality for non lethal maneuvers and trips and the like. Simply introduce martial arts into his technique.

>Final piece of advice: Read. The. Lore.
>Seriously, Cal always refused to do this and his writing suffered for it because his work was often considered to be incongruous with the rest of the setting.
Yeah, I've been reading up on the Legions.
>>
>>50367085
ew
>>
>>50367523
>I would say that they would still have a rebellious streak, but it would be more jovially fucking around with their command
Its your legion now, but doing that would run contrary to what cal and I had discussed. The lower ranks are supposed to be gutter trash, but they're also supposed to look up to their superiors the same way a gang member would: fear mixed with respect, and you DO NOT talk shit or fuck with your boss unless you think you can usurp him. They're desgined to be a legion of lower city gangsters, not "YOU GOT PUNKED" frat boys. The Black Augurs already do that.
>>
>>50367851
Noted
>>
Developing Hektor Heresy Lore: Pallas Eugenisis is now named after a Custodes grav tank. In other news, Custodes have tanks and dreadnoughts now.
>>
New thread.

>>50370051
>>50370051
>>50370051
Thread posts: 301
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.