[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you would be so kind as to help me with something, Please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: survey4.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
survey4.pdf
1B, 486x500px
If you would be so kind as to help me with something,

Please use the weapon construction rules in this document to make a weapon for a hypothetical character, post it with a description, and let me know what you think.

Thanks!
>>
>>50237161
This seems highly abuseable, and the cestus/trick mods make me wonder is it's possible to have all the mods on one character.
>>
>>50237476
Actually, reading the Trick mod again, it doesn't actually say there's a limit to the amount of weapon modifications you can put on a "modal slot", whatever the hell that is. Put Trick on your main weapon, load it up with fucking everything, and use a minor action to make your sword explode into a monstrosity of blades, guns, hammers, hooks, and other sharp hurty bits. Which you can throw. And it comes back to you.

Who even wrote this?
>>
>>50237161
>Playing cards

Fuck, let me search through my drawers for about an hour. I've probably got about 4 partial decks I can cobble together.
>>
>>50237161
Liang Arms Firestorm II
Two-Hand Grip
Gun, Rapid Reload, Torch
Ammunition: bullet, Reload: free, Range 10
High card fire damage, Rending 1

The latest advances in particle physics are now available to the home defense and large game hunting markets with the new Liang Arms Firestorm II! Have you ever thought to yourself, "I would have had that kill if only I could shoot some kind of fire bullets," only to be immediately mauled by an advancing bear? Well now you can! This composite-bodied, double-action, 6-round revolving cylinder rifle is guaranteed to obliterate any flammable object or creature you point it at, or your money back. Now equipped with a quick-release cylinder system and ships with two replacement cylinders for reloading on the go! Liang Arms, quality you can trust. Disclaimer: this weapon is not tested or rated for use with silver-coated or APDS ammunition.

It's sort of ambiguous as to what mods you can put on a weapon at the same time. And what happens if you, say, put a paired weapon mod in a trick mod slot? Does a second copy of the weapon materialize in your offhand until you decide you'd rather turn your mainhand weapon into a torch or hammer?
>>
>>50237534
I wrote it.

Good points on the trick mod.

Possible fix:
Give {Basic} tags to some mods and {Advanced} tags to others.
You can only assign {Basic} modifications to modal slots, and only one modification per slot.
You also can't put the same modification onto a weapon twice, so you can't put three trick weapon modifications on your weapon for six modal slots.
>>
>>50237585
>It's sort of ambiguous as to what mods you can put on a weapon at the same time. And what happens if you, say, put a paired weapon mod in a trick mod slot? Does a second copy of the weapon materialize in your offhand until you decide you'd rather turn your mainhand weapon into a torch or hammer?

The weapon splits into two. So you could have a pair of curved blades that come together to form a giant pair of scissors.
>>
>>50237614
Or you could just specify a limit to mods on modal slots. That's infinitely easier.

Also, as is you don't need to stack Trick mods. Every mod can go onto one slot, and you can fill the other with some bullshit mod that you don't really want.
>>
>>50237585
Assuming you get the torch and gun mod to play nice together, what happens if you load silver bullets into it and shoot? Does the innate fire damage from torch override the silver bullet damage type or does the ammunition take priority? Does it shoot flaming holy bullets and use whichever would give the best outcome?
>>
>>50237658

Got it! Will fix that.
Not sure what to do about the cestus modification, though.

>>50237781
...Good point.
Multi-type damage plays weirdly with resistances and vulnerabilities, so damage should stick to a single type.
Other games have weapons and ammunition that deal typed damage. I'll look at how they do it.
>>
Devil's Due MK II
Two Handed Grip
Trick (Gun, Curved Blade), Powerful, Combo Gun
Ammo: Bullet, Reload, Minor, Range 10
High Card Standard Damage, Rending 1 (3)

The custom rifle of noted bandit One-eyed Jack, Devil's Due is a combination of a hi-power single action rifle rechambered to fire almost ludicrously large caliber hollow points, and a special falchion-like "Boomsword", which thanks to Jack's special modifications can use special overloaded 'bullets' to add an explosive kick to the already punishing strikes from the massive, curved blade.
>>
I like what you're going for, OP, but your weapon mod selection leaves much to be desired. I'm always a sucker for customizable weapons and guns, but your system seems to be a bit skimpy in options.
>>
>>50238695
>special
>special
>special

snowflake
>>
>>50238761
Will work on it. :)

Anything in particular you would like to see?
>>
>>50238695
Awesome!

>>50238782
The system is designed for special snowflake weapons.
>>
The Unexpected Upset
One Handed/Two Handed
Hammer
Bastard
Trick - Powerful/Paired
Low/High card physical damage, rending 2 when paired, 3 when powerful.

The Unexpected upset is a magical weapon with two forms - it's a giant fuck-off Harley Quinn-esque mallet, but with a flick of the wrist, it becomes two smaller, one handed mallets, lending itself to a confusing and unpredictable fighting style.
>>
Gauntlets of Volcanic Fury
One Handed
Cestus
Torch
Paired
Low Card fire damage, rending 1

A pair of unassuming heavy leather blacksmiths gloves, these gauntlets carry within them the unquenchable anger of a Volcano spirit. Then burn with his anger, and can even funnel their fiery power into weapons that the wearer wields.
>>
The Maul of the Deep
Two-Handed
Thrown
Boomerang
Trick - Hammer/Hook

Appearing as nothing more than a misshapen lump of metal on the end of a heavy chain, The Maul of the Deep is a devious ranged weapon that unfolds into an anchor in mid throw.
>>
File: agunthatshootsswords.png (131KB, 338x172px) Image search: [Google]
agunthatshootsswords.png
131KB, 338x172px
A Gun That Shoots Swords
Two Handed
Gun
Straight Blade
Rapid Reload
High Card Physical Damage, Rending 2, Accuracy 1

''It's a gun, Frank. A gun that shoots swords.''
>>
File: survey4.1.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
survey4.1.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50240642
>>50240089
>>50239798
>>50239566

Cool stuff guys!

Okay, here's an updated version with a couple of the fixes you recommended. How about it?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.