[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lovecraft financial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: wolf-of-wall-street-02_0.jpg (69KB, 612x318px) Image search: [Google]
wolf-of-wall-street-02_0.jpg
69KB, 612x318px
I'm looking to put together an CoC campaign that focuses around Wall Street, Government scandals around banking and economics, and how it all somehow ties in together into some Bohemian's Grove style rich man's cult who feed/appease some elder god.

Problem is I'm not a huge conspiracy or economics nut, and I don't know where to start researching. Pitch out ideas, random brainstorming, or simply recommend me some research material.
>>
Go with a Gangster time period.

Have the players be IRS/ FBI agents. Start them off small, with lots of red herrings at the beginning. Have them work their way up the criminal/bank food chain until they have to pull the trigger and cause the Great Depression.
>>
>>50223820
Literally first thing that came to my mind was that one episode of Amazing World of Gumball titled The Boss.
>>
File: Moloch on Wall Street.jpg (300KB, 685x458px) Image search: [Google]
Moloch on Wall Street.jpg
300KB, 685x458px
>>50223820
Real-world campaigns are always boring.
>>
>>50224001

hate to say it, but that statue has nothing to do with moloch.

You have a bear and a bull.
The bear is making money when forcing things down, bull is making money when forcing things up.

It just describes the type of stocks player you are, bears are people who benefit from others misfortune, bears are those who try to improve others for their own benefit.
>>
>>50224040
and i can't eloquence, I give up. 2nd bears on last phrase is bulls.
>>
>>50224040
Ohhh, I always thought it was Bear because communisms. Or at least that's how I remember which is which.
>>
>>50224001
I played in a real-world campaign and it was awesome!
All it takes is some good DMing.

... But the same DM ran a space opera game after. And it was leagues better...
>>
>>50223857
I'd play it.
>>
>>50223820
PCs are investigating the 2008 financial crisis. They find that nobody has ratted out the system because of a mysterious curse that seems to be killing off the more honest financial professionals. They are often found in public phone booths in a very peculiarly advanced state of decay, surrounded by an equally peculiar sickly yellow ichorous substance.
>All of the people involved worked for firms that dealt heavily in mortgage-backed securities. Apparently, they signed a contract in blood. Management says it a joke they play on the "fresh meat."

While performing the routine annual audit for Eldritch Brokerage, the PCs notice that the owner and founder of the firm has recently developed an... an off-putting taste in the arts. His room is filled with paintings of macabre landscapes with fantastical beasts painted with such precision that they seem to leap off of the canvas. He brags about having painted them himself.
>The audit finds that the books are freshly cooked and the owner has been embezzling the investors' money. The owner hasn't been heard from in a few weeks at this point.
>When the PCs arrive at his country estate some 3 hours out of New York city for a "field audit," they quickly find the paintings are of the lands surrounding said estate.
>The boss says that Mr. Owner should be back soon. The PCs should just camp out over there...

PCs are IRS auditors who found that a company has written off their purchases of a truly staggering amount of human blood... especially when you consider that they are an investment firm.
>When the investigation team argues that hundreds of gallons of blood is not an "ordinary and necessary" business expense, the head fund manager states that giving offerings to "the things below New York" is a common practice among these types of firms.

These are actually quite good for shit I just made up on the spot.
>>
>>50223820
>Not Collect Call of Cthulu

One job
>>
File: Wolfram and Heart.jpg (18KB, 487x259px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfram and Heart.jpg
18KB, 487x259px
>>50223820
>>
>>50227234
>Not Prank Call of Cthulhu
One job.
>>
>>50223820
you know what must be done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UYYZA4DxDw
>>
>>50228537
roll for sanity loss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suDHJDX90zE
>>
>>50227234
>>50228448

>Text of Cthulhu
>Instant Message of Cthulhu
>Snapchat of Cthulhu
>YouTube comments section of Cthulhu
>Candygram of Cthulhu
>"Cursed" Email Chain of Cthulhu you aunt sends you
>Chatroulette of Cthulhu
>>
>>50223820
I would say the thing that most immediately strikes me is to treat corporate networks and markets themselves in their entirety as emergent entities whose tendrils reach into anything and are, in some sense, Lovecraftian demons

that seems cool
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.