[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with recasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (24KB, 445x161px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 445x161px
Hey /tg/ I've decided that soon I'm going to try start recasting some of my models and I've been reading up and so far the method using Oyamaru seems like the easiest but I've got some questions. After I've made the mold with the Oyamaru what do I actually fill it with? Are there any tutorials on how to actually recast with this method? If I do recast models this way, will the quality be any good?
>>
I don't know shit about casting but I'm curious, what piece are you working on?
>>
>>50223701
Oyamaru deforms with heat, so resin and metal is out of the question. People typically use green stuff to fill it. The quality should be up there, you just need to do more clean up.
>>
Well, there is reddit on casting. And 1d4chan has a link to a good tutorial on the recasting article. Or casting article, something like that.
>>
>>50225865
Found it
https://m.reddit.com/r/ResinCasting
>>
>>50223701
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVZLXLaidjQ

I've been thinking about trying this for a while, i'm not sure if the detail will be there for smaller bits though
>>
>>50224954

what is this green stuff?
>>
Don't
>>
>>50227146
Kneadetite. A two part putty used for sculpting and such. You can get rolls of it online for cheap, check Ebay. Stuff like Milliput or even Fimo should work as well.

I often replicate little bits with them. Going through a bunch of power fists for Imperial Fists right now.
>>
use one-piece moulds in RTV rubber. detail is vastly better than Oyamaru.

the trick is to mix it gently if you dont have a vacuum pot to pull bubbles out of the mould, and use a vibrator (yes, seriously) to shake and vibrate any bubbles that are in it up to the top.

Also, you need to add gates, or "risers", which are the vents to allow resin to flow all the way into every gap. thats' a case of practice.
>>
>>50223701
I've made open faced molds with oyomaru and successfully cast resin in it. Unless you are trying to cast some huge ass piece it is not going to make enough heat to soften it. Two part molds are a different skillset all together, those are generally best made out of silicone but I don't see why the oyomaru wouldn't work for it? I may try it myself to see what happens.
>>
>>50223701
Just watch the 5 part series by this guy, he knows what he's talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E69V3UkCJxE
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.