[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (149KB, 640x640px)
image.jpg
149KB, 640x640px
questions that dont deserve their own thread

post your questions that fulfill the aformentioned criteria and lets try to help eachother.

when dealing with recoil on firearms, does higher recoil (relative to gunner's experience/strength, in a free standing position) already decrease the precision during the first shot?

should a higher size class for PCs add an automatic penalty to agility due to increased inertia?
>>
>>50219989
>when dealing with recoil on firearms, does higher recoil (relative to gunner's experience/strength, in a free standing position) already decrease the precision during the first shot?
Generally yes.

The recoil begins the moment the gun is fired, so a loose grip on a gun with strong recoil can cause the muzzle to start to rise a fraction of a second before the bullet has exited the barrel.

This is less the case with blowback operated guns and there are also some unusual mechanisms that can prevent this entirely, like on Russian AN-94.
>>
I have a question, and it may sound stupid but instead of using the emperor for warp travel wh ydont we have small warp beacons with psykers to guide people through the warp. Also, why can't we keep the eperor in a titan or dreadnought.
>>
Also why are there barely any computers in the imperium. Instead of having millons of slaves on ships, why not just replace it with onboard AI?
>>
>>50220041
i implemented a perk for firearm usage that passively absorbs [1x rank] points of recoil buildup, while precision loss rises by (base recoil/strength)^2

at rank 3 with a weapon with 2 recoil per shot, the penalty to the roll would be -0/-1/-3/-5 instead of -2/-4/-6/-8
>>
>>50220103
AI is against Imperial law, they call it abominable intelligence. Reason being there was a rebellion of sentient robots called Men of Iron.
>>
File: 1453938798611.jpg (139KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1453938798611.jpg
139KB, 800x800px
>>50220103
>AI
>>
>>50220095
because that would require hugely complex maps that would need to be updated at an incredible rate simply to deal with those worlds lost to normal attrition processes in order to remain useful as a map

the emperor is considerably less alive than the average dreadnought pilot

>>50220103
they're called cogitators, because irony is dead in the 41st millennium, and they're everywhere
>>
>>50220103
Basically as has already been posted the Imperium had a bad run-in with AI when one day the laws of robotics decidedly just didn't cut it in the traditional sense for AI, and instead they use all manner of alternatives ranging from the brains of tortured heretics which are broken into subservience to whatever the actual fuck the Machine Spirit is, that is to say machine spirit can range from anything including entirely mechanical system's functionality to genuinely complex computer systems with the power to control entire forge-worlds worth of manufacturing systems to the smallest detail.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px)
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=2844

So the oracle ruling is the actual ruling, and by the ruling on the page this ability doesn't need to be cast in response to an artifact spell.

Does this mean I can use this ability as (t) flip a coin draw a card if you win?

Buying four anyways to mess with my friends.
>>
>>50219989

Why is /tg/ so bad at RPGs?
>>
Is there and FATE application of DnD games? I like DnD feeling, but sometimes i feel FATE would work better for me for its less strict.
>>
>>50221336
Combination of widespread autism and the fact that the "/tg/ doesn't play games" meme is genuinely true for a significant percentage of its userbase.
>>
>>50219989
Sicarians Infilitrators or Sicarian Rust Stalkers?

Flechette blasters or Stub Carbines?
>>
>>50221835
Infiktrators are better, iirc, but Rust Stalkers are cooler.
>>
>>50221919
Definetlh true. Do you think people would care if I just used Rustalker heads with Infiltrator load outs?
>>
>>50221944
So long as you aren't running both and saying one's the other, or you're playing against turbo-autists, not likely.
>>
>>50221336
-the need to "go back to the roots" of fantasy RPGs and delusional admiration for things that are considered classy are very present on /tg/. And then they try to sell it as innovative.

-and most people who browse /tg/ regulary do so because they dont have a real gaming group to speak of or have to march through the filth that are most online sessions if they want to play.

-almost all of the fa/tg/uys here only post when they see something they do not like.

-a common lack of emotional maturity, that leads to the teenager-like extreme disapproval of what is in any way associable with immature behavior or stereotypes, petty grudges against players and blanket bans on certain otherwise possible concepts because a player screwed up with it big time or because the DM saw on /tg/ all the scary greentexts about people who play non LG aligned characters.

-the common hobby of also being an armchair historian and expert on medieval warfare despite never putting on a suit of armor or using at least one kind of melee weapon in a single historicly accurate sparring match or otherwise putting these things to test themselves.
>>
>>50221835

Rust Stalkers in numbers can overwhelm more elite units their Transonic weapons giving them a chance to kill those armor saves, but ultimately the consistency of Infiltrators makes them the better choice.

Stub Carbines give Infiltrators Power Swords, which also give you much more consistency and punch right through MEQ saves. However, the Flechette and Taser combo lends itself to spitting wounds, so in numbers it seems better at overwhelming cheap hordes or trying to get a few wounds in on TEQ.
>>
>>50221326
Wouldn't you need to have a legal target, though, just in case you come up a loser?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.