[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should a paladin in D&D of a depraved love god like Slaanesh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 57

File: 1479011555034.jpg (77KB, 606x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479011555034.jpg
77KB, 606x1024px
How should a paladin in D&D of a depraved love god like Slaanesh act?

Let's play up the sex positive aspects and not so much the COCAAAAIIIIIINEEEE or FINE AAAAARRTTTSSSS AND FOOOOOOD parts of it. You know, free hippy love with an iron fist.
>>
File: 1473872397144.jpg (45KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473872397144.jpg
45KB, 960x720px
A paladin can't worship a chaotic god, so I guess they would act non-existentially.
>>
>>50217407
>boring person detected
>>
>>50217387
>How should a paladin in D&D of a depraved love god like Slaanesh act?

A Paladin would not worship a "depraved sex god" like Slaanesh.

A Paladin would worship a fertility deity, or a deity devoted to love. There would be no Paladin built around sex, they would instead be a Paladin devoted around things that *just so happen* to include sex.
>>
>paladin of a god
Paladins are powered entirely by their extreme dedication to their code/alignment. They don't get power directly from any deity.
>>
File: 1473878280490.jpg (424KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1473878280490.jpg
424KB, 1131x1600px
By not existing.
>>
>>50217387
>worships chaos god
>takes a healthy view of his obsession

Next thing you'll start telling me Khorne worshipers go through an appeals process before they kill anyone, and Nurgle cultists only use certain parts of pathogens to build up an immune response.

>b-but muh fetish
Go somewhere that will appreciate it.
>>>/b/
>>>/aco/
>>>/trash/
>>
File: Murder.jpg (138KB, 890x378px) Image search: [Google]
Murder.jpg
138KB, 890x378px
>>50217387
Introduce people to as many fetishes as possible
>>
File: 1460851451208.jpg (101KB, 600x735px) Image search: [Google]
1460851451208.jpg
101KB, 600x735px
>>50217426
Now see, why does depraved =/= lawful?
>>
>>50217387
Hardcore masturbate everytime she alone and praying. Or they are cake and wizard channeling their frustrations as power.
>>
>>50217407
>>50217426
>>50217455

>LIKE Slaanesh

Goddamn these nitpicky lorewyers. I can nitpick and lawyer right back.
>>
>>50217387
You seem to have stumbled across mistaking a meme for truth.
Slaanesh is not a 'depraved god', Slaanesh is 'god of excess'.

Nothing is stopping you from playing a hippy who forces 'free love' on everyone, it could be an interesting arc for a villain who turns to Slaanesh. But that 'hippy free love' won't stay recognizable for long once it does, slipping into the territory of Shub-Niggurath and your magical realm.
If you really want to play as the Paladin of a Love god, why not consider Mi Amore Cadenza ?
>>
>>50217469
I am far more interested in why Hawkman is firing a machine gun at Beyond Batman than the pouty face of Bondage Greek.
>>
>>50217469
>>50217513
Fucking casual go read the actual comics instead of just watching the cartoons like a cuck you terrible, retarded, piece of shit, probably-a-girl, Harley Quinn cosplaying, Deadpool liking... oh, we're not on /co/?

Sorry, multiverse convergence shenanigans if I remember right.
>>
File: Genshin05.jpg (221KB, 810x601px) Image search: [Google]
Genshin05.jpg
221KB, 810x601px
Dress up like these will be a good start.
>>
>>50217501
>>50217469

I said nothing of the Paladin not worshiping the deity because they're not lawful.

I'm saying a Paladin couldn't worship Slaanesh because their portfolio is incompatible with a Paladin.

Paladins are about things like love or passion or fertility, not birthing horrific rape-monsters or carving out your eyes because it's a new sensation.
>>
>>50217387
By existing only in your magical realm, where it belongs.

>>50217426
A paladin of a fertility deity would be fun to play. Blessing pregnant mothers so their children aren't stillborn, helping till the land for a bountiful harvest, praying for rain during droughts. You could play it a bit like Johnny Appleseed, or maybe an industrialist trying to introduce modern agriculture to the more isolated parts of the world.
>>
>>50217387
I would like to see this kind of Paladin coming along paladins or other super strict folk that have tenets of abstinence.
>>
And here we see just how thoroughly entrenched the 'fantasy Europe' ideals are.

DnD Paladins have about as much to do with Roland as Akodo Toturi has to do with Tokugawa Ieyasu.
>>
File: download (7).jpg (18KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
18KB, 185x273px
>>50217387
HELLO ME AM WEEPING ORC- IS UNUSUAL NAME, YES? HOW ME GET IT?

WITH ME AMAZING DEALS DOWN AT WEEPING ORC'S SLAVE TRADE, WHERE PRICES SO LOW, ME WEEPING!!!

DO WOOD GIVE YOU WOOD? DO WATER GET YOU WET? GOT DRYADS AND NAIADS FOR PRICES SO LOW, ME ALREADY IN TEARS JUST LOOKING AT THEM!!!

YOU WORRIED ABOUT PURITY OF SLAVE? NOT WANT TO GET SICK FROM SEXY TIMES? WORRY NO MORE! EVERY SLAVE CHECKED AND BLESSED BY PALADIN OF FERTAL- FERITAL-... GOD OF SEXY! EACH ONE BLESSED AND CLEANED, SO ONLY THING CAUSING YOUR DICK TO FALL OFF IS HOW MUCH YOU FUCKING YOUR SLAVE ALL THE TIME! IT BRING TEARS OF JOY TO ME EYES JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!!!

WANT VIRGIN? GOT VIRGIN! WANT SLUTTY VIRGIN? GOT THAT TOO. PALADIN FUCK SLAVE IN REVERSE, SO HYMEN GROW BACK, AND STILL HAVE EXPERIENCE OF TWO-COPPER WHORE!!!

All SLAVE COME GAR- GARAU- ME SWEAR: NO BRUISES, ALL TEETH, AND HEAD FULL OF HAIR!

COME DOWN TO WEEPING ORC'S SLAVE TRADE!!!
COME NOW, OR YOU MAKE ME CRY!!!
>>
File: 1459263016734.jpg (156KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1459263016734.jpg
156KB, 751x1063px
>>50217610
A character I would love to have at my table but will never see because I have 3 chicks playing under me.
>>
File: 1478882367593.gif (621KB, 697x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478882367593.gif
621KB, 697x400px
>>50217610
>PALADIN FUCK SLAVE IN REVERSE
>>
File: 1442190675946.png (84KB, 599x717px) Image search: [Google]
1442190675946.png
84KB, 599x717px
>>50217550
>A paladin of a fertility deity would be fun to play. Blessing pregnant mothers so their children aren't stillborn, helping till the land for a bountiful harvest, praying for rain during droughts. You could play it a bit like Johnny Appleseed, or maybe an industrialist trying to introduce modern agriculture to the more isolated parts of the world.

Exactly, too many people see "Goddess of fertility" and assume it's all about the wide-hipped women getting fucked pregnant by handsome hunks, which is of course an *aspect* of a fertility deity but hardly the focus. A Fertility Paladin would be more focused on helping couples get pregnant and making the crops grow than getting someone (possibly themselves) pregnant.

Heck, odds are the Paladin *has* someone at home for that express purpose.
>>
>>50217407
what if you are playing past 3rd edition?
>>
>>50217623

In the last campaign I was in, the women were just as on board with the slavery as the men, and slightly MORE rapey.
>>
>>50217387
Protecting those who follow their gods way mostly. Like they'd go around smiting or reeducating people who punish or demean others that they find offensively indecent.
Beyond that they'd probably "spread the word of god", which in this case would be introducing everyone they could to the twisted desire they've been hiding from themselves.
Basically like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htiTWlmnHLI
>>
>>50217650
Then you're a fool.
>>
>>50217642
How should a Paladin of fertility act at the local Abortathecarist's?
>>
>>50217662

Sometimes you gotta fallow the fields so the next harvest comes out right, anon. A Paladin of Fertility would not support abortion but they would certainly understand the reasons of doing it.
>>
>>50217662

Depends on a lot of factors, especially how violent their patron is.
>>
>>50217675
>DIS NIGGA

Quit bringing your biases, asshole.

A real paladin of fertility would go full apeshit Colorado Springs on abortion clinics.

"Fallow" fields. What the fuck, who do you think she is, a druid?
>>
>>50217662

HELLO ME AM WEEPING ORC- IS UNUSUAL NAME, YES? HOW ME GET IT?

WITH ME AMAZING DEALS DOWN AT
WEEPING ORC'S SLAVE TRADE, WHERE PRICES SO LOW, ME WEEPING!!!

ME GOT SLUTTIEST OF SLIMES, KINKIEST OF KOBOLDS. ME KNOW YOU GOT HOTS FOR SHORT-STACK SCALEY TITS, SO ME SUPPLY, AND ME PRACTICALLY GIVING AWAY!!!

WORRIED ABOUT MAKING SLAVE PREGGO? WORRY FRIENDLY PALADIN HERE TO HELP AGAIN. GIVE BLESSING OF SEXY GOD TO PREVENT PREGNANCY UNTIL YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED. NO MORE NEED TO VISIT NASTY AL-KILL-MIST. HAS SIDE-EFFECT THAT SLAVE IS NOW EVEN MORE SLUTTY, AND "TIME OF MONTH" NEVER OCCUR. FUCK SLAVE ALL DAY EVERY DAY! IT BRING JOYOUS TEARS TO ME EYES THINKING OF THE FUN YOU WILL HAVE, BUT HURRY, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!!!

All SLAVE COME GAR- GARAU- ME SWEAR: NO BRUISES, ALL TEETH, AND HEAD FULL OF HAIR!

COME DOWN TO WEEPING ORC'S SLAVE TRADE!!!
COME NOW, OR YOU MAKE ME CRY!!!
>>
>>50217700
Eh, I could see a fertility goddess being okay with it in cases where the baby is probably stillborn anyway and the mother's life is in danger if she has it, meaning no more kids later.

Granted, that'd be for cases where you can't find a cleric to fix all that.
>>
>>50217700

We're talking about Lawful Good Paladins here, what you said is not very Lawful Good.

Besides, the loss of a potential child is sad but not smite-worthy, what's unforgivable is the loss of a womb, or the loss of a man's junk, or more importantly (as is the case with all fertility deities) the destruction of a farmland.

Fertility deities loved babies but they loved fields of grain more. They can and often did tolerate abortions but they did not tolerate the loss of arable land.
>>
>>50217796
Weeping Ork is the kind of slaver I don't think I could bring myself to smite.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (8KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
8KB, 259x195px
>>50217830
You know, he probably treats the girls better than the average slaver. Sure, he's teaching them to fuck, but it's a matter of survival in the world of slavery, and really, he probably pulls a few strings every now and then to keep the nastier buyers away from his merchandise. And you just know this Paladin fellow is his business partner and probably treats the girls exactly like a normal paladin would... even when they're fucking.

>Verily, thine eyes should sparkle whilst thou lookest up at thine master and art attending to his rod. Yes, exactly so! Surely this is not your first time, with such skill!
>>
>>50217930
> You know I thought for sure I'd fall, but I just keep rising!
>>
File: slaaneshhorde.jpg (288KB, 760x1051px) Image search: [Google]
slaaneshhorde.jpg
288KB, 760x1051px
>>50217387
Spread pain and pleasure throughout the land

Punish the chaste with a lash of leather

Teach the virgin worldly pleasures first hand

Sing long the rapturous hymns describing Slaanesh's glories

Stand proud as an exemplar of excess and perfection
>>
>>50217930
>That Codpiece.

I was going to say that a Cleric is probably more reliable than a Paladin for purity blessings and such.

Then you mentioned the training, and I remembered.

Paladins are Charisma based.
>>
File: Go On.gif (87KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Go On.gif
87KB, 480x270px
>>50217387
>depraved
>sex positive
>>
>>50217431
Underrated.
>>
>>50217387

You don't know what Slaanesh is, do you?

>Let's play up the sex positive aspects and not so much the COCAAAAIIIIIINEEEE or FINE AAAAARRTTTSSSS AND FOOOOOOD parts of it. You know, free hippy love with an iron fist.

A goddess of Love needs a dude with a sword the same way a harvest god needs a solider, aka they don't.

Love and fertility don't need a military arm because their own purpose for existence doesn't require military might.

Everyone loves, everyone has sex, it's not like there is some comic force trying to oppose love... anywhere.

The only people that could, maybe, have opposition to a love deity is something like a succubi and really the paladin of Bahamut could dispatch that shit easy.
>>
>>50218094
>Harvest gods don't need soldiers

confirmed for never farming on the edge
>>
>>50217549
>love or passion or fertility, not birthing horrific rape-monsters or carving out your eyes because it's a new sensation.

Are-are you saying my little hellspawn isn't the protect of love and passion over his mother's fertile womb ?
As for the carving, it was a one time thing and for goddam sake, it's just a child !! I'll come back at you when YOUR baby got his first claw !!
>>
>>50218094
Make sure you tell that to the bandits and highwaymen that after they take their tithe of your harvest and rape your wife for the fifth time. Or Nuckelavee after he rots your crops and blights your horses. Or the pagan inquisitors after they geld and torture the gay out of your femboy lover Piedro, faggot that you are.

Just because they're deities of love and harvest doesn't mean they're fucking pussies.
>>
>>50218119
On the edge of what? Seriously all civilizations farm, even if some cultures don't worship you as a god they still indirectly give you power.
>>
>>50218225
What the fuck are you even talking about? Everything you just described just falls under the prevue of a Justice/Revenge god of some kind.

At best any Love god is going to grant you boons to charisma so that you can fuck the sheep baggers daughter behind the tavern.

At best the Harvest god is going to bless your harvest to grow bigger.

Doesn't make them pussies it's really that revenge and or strength just doesn't fall in the their prevue.
>>
>>50217431
>>50218031
Doesn't this same logic apply to Clerics?
>>
>>50218286
Not in any good edition.
>>
>>50218094
Sune in Forgotten Realms very much has paladins. Because someone needs to protect temples and pilgrims. And also to dispatch all the ugly bastards that try to make her world less beautiful. Like demons and aberrations and some other idiots.
>>
File: 1400858077031.jpg (13KB, 235x252px) Image search: [Google]
1400858077031.jpg
13KB, 235x252px
>>50217610
>WANT VIRGIN? GOT VIRGIN! WANT SLUTTY VIRGIN? GOT THAT TOO.
So what you're saying is that I can buy a girlfriend that can't take half my shit and leave me?
>>
>>50218277
Gods are supposed to care about their followers. Goddess of love won't wait while some followers of justice god get up from their collective asses and start looking for troublemakers. She will send a vision to one of her own followers and tell them to go and make sure that bastards who brought problems will never do it again.
>>
>>50218355
>Gods are supposed to care about their followers.
That's cute.
>>
>>50218331
Don't read forgotten realms, mostly because of it's really overly comic booky feel. Honestly this sort of confirms my overall thoughts about the setting really.
>>
>>50218395
Well yes that's in ideal. But in many D&D worlds they do have interest in having followers. And not protecting them may lead to unpleasant things. Like church crumbling on itself because there is no support from population. And then goddess looks around and there is no one who even gives a single fuck about her.
>>
>>50218420
Than don't read Mythic PF and wizard spells they are much more comic book like.
>>
File: 1412747846922.jpg (149KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1412747846922.jpg
149KB, 500x600px
>>50218355
>Goddess of love won't wait
O-Oh my!
>A male virgin is visited by the goddess of love
>She casually makes herself at home while the man is still getting over the shock of having a literal goddess visit his house
>She only asks him one question: why he doesn't have a girlfriend
>He mumbles something about not having found the right girl and waiting for marriage
>She forcefully kisses him
>The goddess of love won't wait
>>
>>50217439
Literally the only good post in this thread
>>
>>50218442
It seems we have different ideas on what gods do when they are not around their temples. Considering how many fucked up in the head outsiders there are I don't think they have that much time to rest. And even goddess of love has more combat experience than most epic characters.
>>
>>50217610

>WANT VIRGIN? GOT VIRGIN! WANT SLUTTY VIRGIN? GOT THAT TOO. PALADIN FUCK SLAVE IN REVERSE, SO HYMEN GROW BACK, AND STILL HAVE EXPERIENCE OF TWO-COPPER WHORE!!!

Best line of the thread.
>>
>>50217642
>>50217550
>paladin of fertility
So essentially a druid with plate armor?
>>
>>50218277
>>50218277
>What the fuck are you even talking about?
I know I was shitposting, but it doesn't take a linguist to figure out that I was talking about why deities would protect their interests with their holy warriors. Everything I described is an example of a hostile force taking advantage of the products of love and/or harvest, with the point being they are something that is worth protecting.

>At best (insert something dumb here about gods)
Your imagination is shallow if this is the extent of your thinking.

>doesn't fall in their prevue
It's purview, and there's no reason it couldn't. Plenty of gods historically had multiple domains or associations with things other than their main domain, like Baal, Freyja, or Cronus. And even if they don't have other domains, if paladins are a thing in their setting, why would they not employ them to protect their work?
>>
File: 1411531810473.jpg (80KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1411531810473.jpg
80KB, 550x550px
>>50218509
>So essentially a druid with plate armor?
Or a perpetually MILF woman with T H I C C hips who literally cannot stop ara ara-ing.
>>
File: 354px-Epicurus_bust2.jpg (29KB, 354x600px) Image search: [Google]
354px-Epicurus_bust2.jpg
29KB, 354x600px
They would behave like classical/ethical hedonists actually were supposed to act, and not the sputtering retards the Renaissance and modern culture envisions hedonists as

Or even better, an actual Epicurean

Which has nothing to do with being a fucking foodie
>>
>>50217387
Let's try.

First, the obstacles

In medieval times, there were more than a few reasons NOT to go all "free love" with everyone.

A) Contraception wasn't exactly effective or even available for the masses.
So if you are a brave paladin preaching free love, except to be pregnant most of the time.

B) Mariages were an public affair of business and politics as much as of private lovely feelings.
There were the cement of society.
Even for peasants, marrying the daughter of a specific vilain was a way to get some land in the family, along with the goodwill of your in-laws.
Everyone was happy :
The bride's mother knew her little girl would have a roof above her head and a strong oaf to provide food on the table
The bride's father got another son to help him manage his lands and beasts when he would get too old.
The groom's father got future grandchildren and that means his name would be carried on.
The groom's mother got an additionnal help in the kitchen and, eventually, she got another son to take care of her when her husband would die.
And of course, the couple got to fuck like rabbits for a few months while being a lot more free and having their own private space rather than sharing a room with six brothers and sisters.

But for the marriage to have any worth, the man had to be sure (or at least passably convinced) that the children of his wife were also his children.
If said wife was having sex, she would get pregnant eventually (baring few obvious exceptions...). And if she was known for sleeping around, that would cast a serious doubt about who the father of her offspring was.
Which in turn would pose some serious inheritance problems and could result in bloody feuds.
Nobody wants that so the women had to be monogamous or at least be subtle if they weren't.

(cont)
>>
>>50218286
No, that's the difference between clerics and paladins.
>>
>>50218566
>>50218567
>>50217387
Epicureanism is a system of philosophy based upon the teachings of the ancient Greek philosopher Epicurus, founded around 307 BC. Epicurus was an atomic materialist, following in the steps of Democritus. His materialism led him to a general attack on superstition and divine intervention. Following Aristippus—about whom very little is known—Epicurus believed that what he called "pleasure" was the greatest good, but that the way to attain such pleasure was to live modestly, to gain knowledge of the workings of the world, and to limit one's desires. This would lead one to attain a state of tranquility (ataraxia) and freedom from fear as well as an absence of bodily pain (aponia). The combination of these two states constitutes happiness in its highest form. Although Epicureanism is a form of hedonism insofar as it declares pleasure to be its sole intrinsic goal, the concept that the absence of pain and fear constitutes the greatest pleasure, and its advocacy of a simple life, make it very different from "hedonism" as it is colloquially understood.
>>
>>50218426
But this is love we are talking about, a primal human emotion that everyone experiences, every chucklefuck on the planet would do anything they could to help them in love. Even if that god/goddess takes a different face the primal force they are attached to is the same. Every love deity is indirectly connected with one another.

Paladins are a military order that comes together under the banner of a martial deity, they aren't just some chucklefuck who put on armor and declared themselves the champion of some random god.

In what world would a love god be considered a martial deity?

Like I could see someone getting boons from a love god because they fight for someone they love but I have a harder time imagining a serious group describing little hearts in their armor.

Plus if I don't restrict the kinds of deities that people can be paladins of then someone is inevitably going to play the death paladin.

>>50218437
Will do then I suppose
>>
File: Kekyoin.jpg (64KB, 1207x679px) Image search: [Google]
Kekyoin.jpg
64KB, 1207x679px
>>50217610
Holy shit did you just make this
>>
>>50218567
C) Most of the population lived in hamlets.
That means that if you went "free love", your immediate potential sexual partners were either relatives or close neighbours.
The former could be an issue if any offspring came out of it. First because the inheritance line would be messed up. Second because on long term, you would end up with much more retards than excepted. And that's not good if you need to work together to survive from one winter to the next.

The latter were supposed to live with you, as in not only next door but also cooperating for the harvests and various taskes before winter.
While some people might completely agree with the "free love" spirit, there's rarely something as genuine with some kind of feeling growing... and that means, eventually, competition, jealousy and such.
There was already a lot of these things inside small villages without the whole "everyone fucks everyone" so imagine how tense it would be.

D) Abortions were a thing but these were usually dangerous for the mother.
If your paladin is preaching free love, she may not care about disturbing the social peace of the village but, as mentionned in A, she'll get pregnant... which will put a slight pause to her adventuring career.
If she wish to end her pregnancy, this might as well kill her as it might kill the baby.
That's a lot of risk for a few one-night-stands...
And while the paladin herself might not mind, most women won't want to take the risk... and therefor won't sleep around because childbirth itself is dangerous enough but if you got to kill the little bastards every odd moon, that makes for a very short life expectancy.

(cont)
>>
>>50218518
And all I'm saying that is Love gods wouldn't really have any interests to secure. It's not like people are going to magically stop loving each other if a god doesn't have a dude in a suit of armor walking around.
>>
>>50218567
Most of the things under B could very well be applied today, but aren't. Like it or not, this is mostly because the welfare state has taken over the duties men once had.

So unlike your contraception argument it doesn't merely apply to "medieval times", it's common sense that applies to any civilization where state power isn't enroaching in the private sphere.
>>
>>50217387
pretty much the only good thing the book of exalted deeds did was give us a proper god of sex
shes chaotic good though so not much help here.

i honestly dont see a paladin devoting themselves to any sort of sex god they would certaintly pay respect to them at times but focusing on them would probably be rather rare.

although i was never big on the idea of palidans being of a good having a preferred god maybe but not total focus on that god
>>
File: Frejfigur.jpg (44KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Frejfigur.jpg
44KB, 500x400px
>>50217387
>Depraved
>de·praved (dĭ-prāvd′)
>adj.
>Morally corrupt; perverted.

A paladin of a morally corrupt and perverted god wouldn't really act like any kind of paladin. If you still can't stop getting off to the idea I recommend going for a game of 'Black Tokyo' which might cater to your needs, no questions asked about the internal logic of such a character, as everyone at the tabel are there under the mutual understanding that the game is nothing but an excuse for fetish shit.

On the off chance that you are actually interested in playing a character that combines a sex-positive approach with the tenets of paladins as presented in D&D, I would recommend asking some questions about what defines this god. 'Sex all the time' doesn't really say much. Why is the god sex positive? Maybe it's a pleasure deity, a fertility god as many have pointed out, or a god focused on controlling your own sexuality as part of being a stable and morally good person.
The last mentioned might teach safe sex, consent and boundaries, unravel trafficking rings and kill/arrest sexual predators. Look at gods like Frej (pic related) for a sexy fertility god. Isis, the Egyptian goddess, might make a good sex-positive god of womanhood. She certainly was very popular among women in the Roman Empire.
>>
>>50217777
churkt

>We're talking about Lawful Good Paladins here, what you said is not very Lawful Good.
Heavenquads notwithstanding, you're wrong. Word of Gygax says Lawful Good encompasses killing orc children because they're monsters, it definitely also includes killing abortionists. The idea that it's even remotely okay to have an abortion is totally modern.
>>
>>50218620

>we no longer have to fight, hunt and die for food and reproduction
>this is bad

I mean, I'm pretty obviously oversimplifying, but you can see how people would think this was asinine.
>>
>>50218604
E) Women like to have the monopoly on their man's sexual life FOR GOOD REASONS.

Ask your gf how she feels about free love.
If she says she thinks it's great, bring some context :
How would she feel about it if :
- You were married together
- You had children together
- You had no means of contraception
- You had no means of abortion
- You had no cure for STDs
- You were the only one with a real job
- That job made barely enough to afford a roof above your head and food.

Chances are she would say free love is an abomination.

It might not be as strong today but back then, a woman's social value was greatly linked to her children... or rather to her husband's children.
If she couldn't have children, she would become a burden ("because, bitch, your pies and pussy ain't that special that I'm willing to feed you everyday")
If her children were not her husband's children, the poor guy might felt a bit used, here... and she would become both a burden and an embarassement.
Accidents happen but, most likely, the man would just cast her out and take a mistress. Because better have bastards who have at least SOME claim on the land.
So by having a (mostly) faithfull man, whom only children are HER children, she makes sure she isn't sent back to (now old) daddy with a handfull of additional mouths to feed.
Your woman ain't mad at you because you fuck a whore (well, she might but that's for other reasons).
She's mad at you because you might eventually prefer the whore to her... and that's dangerous for her social position. And if there are kids involved, it's worse.

So, yeah, as long as they don't have at least one healthy kid above age of 10 with clear parentage, most women in a middle age setting won't sleep around for fun if they depend on their husband for food and shelter.
And even so, they will likely stay faithful (or at least pretend to be) because if they go free love, so does their husband and that's an open door for being replaced.
>>
>>50218620
Yeah, I was getting to it.
See :
>>50218604
>>50218676
>>
>>50218676
>- You had no means of abortion
I don't thin fetuses are as durable as you think.
>>
File: Kkeekk_23c45a_5427386[1].jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kkeekk_23c45a_5427386[1].jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>50218685
>I don't thin fetuses are as durable as you think.
>>
>>50218586
The fact that it is a primal human emotion doesn't mean that this certain god will continue to exist. Some god of love will be. But one that neglects his duties and followers will lose his powers and the mantle will drift to someone more worthy of this station.

>Plus if I don't restrict the kinds of deities that people can be paladins of then someone is inevitably going to play the death paladin.
If the god of death is not evil I don't see a problem with that. They will travel the world to bring down those undead creatures who defy death and punish necromancers.
>>
>>50218676
F) Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Not as well-known back then as they are today but, since the dawn of time, people have known that fucking a unknown woman who claimed to have had A LOT of sex with A LOT of different people was a BAD idea.
Sure, you could take your chances a few times but, unless you are a soldier who plan on having a short, unmarried life anyway, you avoid it.

Because back then, curing it was hard. And expensive. And rarely healthy for you.
So you don't sleep around.

Which doesn't solve the problem if your wife/husband sleeps around because, now, she/he can just give to you what you tried very hard to avoid getting from others !!

I said women had good reasons to not like when their men go sleeping around.
There's a practical good reason : they don't want to get a putrid cunt as a result of their husband plowing too many bitches !!

Chances to get an STD in a small hamlet are low, even with the occasional affairs here and there.
And when someone get something because his/her relevant someone got that same something from someone else, the tale travels fast and nobody fuck those three... or those four, if patient zero was married too.

Now add free love in the picture :
Every traveler has a go at every young beauty of the village but also has to lick every old crone of said village.
After a few villages and towns, said travelers could as well display a banner with the symbol of Nurgle on it !!

(cont)
>>
>>50218749

That's as far as I can see for major societal obstacles.
For personal ones, if your paladin is a bit brainless, it's limited to pregnancy, kids and STDs.

Pregnancy can be solved through abortion but, as said, not safe. But you are an adventurer so you can be magically healed so who cares ?
Also, you could just play a dude and make a ton of single mothers...

Kids happens if pregnancy hasn't be dealt with as suggested above. You got the choice to foster them somewhere or to have them tag along. While they are cute, they don't do marvel for sneaking into a dungeon when babies.
But they are weak as fuck so expect the problem to solve itself if you are irresponsible enough.

Finally, STDs... and magic healing.
Sure, your average peasant will have crotchrot forever but you ? Once you reach a certain level, it's one casting away to disapear until the next disease-ridden partner you meet.

You could also worship both Slaanesh and Nurgle, spreading more than words.
>>
>>50218617
>>50218617
>all I'm saying
>not mentioning that you were saying harvest gods had no interests to protect either

Anyways, there's plenty of things a god of love could employ paladins for. Let's say an empire takes over some place where courtship is dictated by said love god's commandments and instates their own, which go against said love god's principles. That's a good reason to employ paladins. Or maybe some orcs come in from the steppes and kidnap their women, thus spoiling their relationships. If I were the love god, I'd have my paladins go in and exterminate the greenskins.

Or let's say I'm an even more dubious god of love and have my paladins orchestrate events so the king of one land makes off with the queen of another, spurring war between the two nations as an act of protecting these royals' love. You know, a bit like what Aphrodite did for Paris by manipulating the powers that be to hook him up with Helen of Troy in The Iliad and The Odyssey.

tl;dr Depends on the setting.
>>
File: kudos.jpg (256KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
kudos.jpg
256KB, 760x596px
>>50217387
I got you senpai
>>
>>50217387
Ah, I love that pic
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 960x640px
>>50217651
The most cute and innocent girls that play /tg/ are usually the most depraved ones.
Till this day I'm shock at her honest look of disappointment that her character was not raped while captive.
>>
>>50219246
I was not around for this, but I joined a game my friend had been GMing and he told me that a female player who had to drop out shortly before I joined had played a fairly innocent character... up until the point that she suggested harvesting organs from dead bandits to sell.
>>
File: Ahad_Israfil.jpg (390KB, 1119x826px) Image search: [Google]
Ahad_Israfil.jpg
390KB, 1119x826px
>>50217777
>Letting people murder their offspring
>Lawful or Good
>>
File: af0f4dec89045077920c16d49b2572c7.png (532KB, 947x1000px) Image search: [Google]
af0f4dec89045077920c16d49b2572c7.png
532KB, 947x1000px
>>50217426
>There would be no Paladin built around sex
Why not ? It's a positive thing that's essential to life.
>>
>>50217387
The Book of Erotic Fantasy has a section for sex deities and their followers.
>>
File: 1796625-rance.jpg (19KB, 320x313px) Image search: [Google]
1796625-rance.jpg
19KB, 320x313px
>>
>>50219336
The mission would be a bit... limited, no ?
What use do you have to defend and spread sex with a holy warrior ?
>>
>>50219336
Here is the problem with the situation:

>depraved love god like Slaanesh
Depraved gods hide behind notions of "sex releases stress" to hide their true colors.
A depraved love god wants you to go from orgy to orgy until your loins are destroyed, until your brain is hardwired to demand you have sex until you die and treat the mere aspect of not satisfying your sexual need with the same withdrawal a heroin junkie reacts when he can't get his shot. Then the rapes happen.

So no, there can't be anything positive about a "depraved" love deity, for excess sends you straight to the deep end.
>>
File: igorscraps.png (873KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
igorscraps.png
873KB, 1000x1000px
>>50219262
They're dead tho they are not uthing thothe partth.

It'th no more objethtionable than taking their bootth and loothe change.

I don't thee the problem.
>>
>>50217407
Isn't a paladin just a warrior in service to a god? Surely all gods want representation, and possibly someone to defend their attributes?
>>
Paladins of the fertility deities become more physically exaggerated in their masculinity or femininity as they progress in level.

The deities themselves are a god and goddess, constantly going at it.
>>
>>50218586
So, love deity always has to suck off some war god when their worshippers need a protector? Wouldn't it be easier to just have their own protectors.
>>
>>50220004
Depends on the edition.

In editions before fourth edition, they're the chosen champion of a Good god. In fourth edition, they're the chosen champion of a god of any alignment. In fifth edition, they're a champion of the cause of righteousness and their powers come from their "commitment to justice."

So pretty much, the only edition where you could be a paladin of a Slaanesh-esque deity is fourth edition. In other editions, you'd have to be an anti-paladin or blackguard or just a fighter or something.
>>
>>50219293
It isn't murder until it grows a brain.
But people in a medieval setting wouldn't know when a fetus grew a brain, anyway.
>>
>>50220215
>>50219293

The definition of "when does life start" changed only recently; back in the day it was common to regard a child as only being truly alive (with a soul and all) when they took their first breath.
>>
>>50217535
It was a splash panel for Wizard magazine featuring the most popular Elseworld characters in one Diorama.

I can't remember where Wonder Woman is from, but Hawkman is from the... fuck. The one where they're all operatives in World War 2.
>>
>>50220255
Morherfucking Justice Society
Someone post the hawk backstory
You know the one
>>
>>50220236
So if we strangle it right when it's pushed out, it wasn't ever alive, yet ?
>>
>>50220255

Red Son Superman about to get murked by Man-Bat too, but it's cut off because Titty Diana is the focus of the pic.
>>
>>50217610
Thanks Weeping Orc!
>>
>>50218509
>So essentially a druid with plate armor?
Not quite, although there is thematic similarity. Druids are generally focused on maintaining balance of nature, rather than serving a specific god (they likely worship a deity associated with nature, but in the same way a wizard likely worships a deity associated with magic rather than in the way of a cleric or paladin who is all about serving a deity). Paladins on the other hand are holy warriors who carry out their god's will and protect their followers.

Also while nature and fertility have pretty strong connection for obvious reasons (although really it's more of a connection between nature and life, with fertility being a specific aspect of life), there is a thematic difference here. Namely, the paladin idea mentioned would be serving a deity associated with fertility in the context of agriculture, childbirth, and other thing related to civilisation. Druids serve nature, and those things are often actually in conflict. Cutting down forests in order to ger more farmland to feed your kingdom's population would be seen as a good thing by a deity associated with agriculture, but druids likely wouldn't like it because replacing forests with farmland would go against their agenda of preserving nature.
>>
>>50217650
You are playing one of the better editions of D&D, congratulations.
>>
>>50220973
>Paladins on the other hand are holy warriors who carry out their god's will and protect their followers.
Which systems or editions require paladin to have a god?
>>
>>50217541
>There are people in this world who find art like this attractive.
>>
>>50218713
>If the god of death is not evil I don't see a problem with that. They will travel the world to bring down those undead creatures who defy death and punish necromancers.
On the list of thing that never fucking happen.
>>
>>50218749
>>50218676
>>50218604
>>50218567
Everything except B can be fixed using magic that a love paladin would be expected to have, and B is dependent on the culture of the area, which might not perfectly match the medieval European rural environment if the setting is more high magic or urbanized.
>>
Lust vs Chastity is not based on the idea that sex is bad.
Paladin only has sex when it is approapriate
>>
>>50217504
>Slaanesh is 'god of excess'.
Fucking thank you, anon. I'm beginning to believe that some posters here not only don't play, but son't read /tg/ material at all.

>>50217469
Really?
depraved = immoral
immoral = unlawful
therefore depraved = unlawful
to be quick about it

An act enforced by a society can't be depraved by this society own standards.
And in D&D, you have objective cosmic Depravation. That isn't Lawful.
Doesn't mean that some people won't find you depraved. Examples: "He's eating food with his bare hands, , how depraved!", "His ears aren't covered by his hair, what a slut" and so on.
>>
>>50221074
Implying anyone here knows the difference between chastity and celibacy
>>
>>50217610

Fucking amazing.
>>
>>50221066
B can be fixed by marrying anyone who they get pregnant or by founding an orphanage for all of their bastards.
>>
File: ce6a5c2feda6d04f86aeb8eb7c3d4fb5.jpg (172KB, 1900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ce6a5c2feda6d04f86aeb8eb7c3d4fb5.jpg
172KB, 1900x900px
>>50221074
>Paladin only has sex when it is approapriate
Is there a time when it isn't?
>>
>>50217387
Assuming we're not using D&D or Charlemagne's knights as inspiration here, maybe play up being a literal Knight of the Palace?

The specific god probably shouldn't matter as much as their dedication to upholding the sanctity and civic roles of the politically-important debauchery they defend. Odds are very good they'd be barred from participation to prevent conflicts of interest.

Depravity probably wouldn't be the central thing in this model. Instead this would be about building prestige for your power block and/or building alliances with others.

archaeology.about.com/od/fterms/qt/Feasting
Looking into competitive feasting and potlatches in anthropology might give you some idea of debauchery's role in forging and maintaining a civilization.
>>
>>50221169
>a big orphanage in the city advocating free love
no matter which way you turn it, I cannot - CANNOT - see that end well.

if we disregard the obvious thing of child-molestation bound to happen, there is the fact that sooner or later the Orphans will start fucking - both eachother and others. Some will be able to care for their children, other won't, so you'll have more orphans and bastards, who in turn do more things of "free love" and it just cycles over and over, going worse with every turn!
and that's just accounting the ones that actually end up in the orphanage. Sooner or later, they will be so filled that they could not take more children in, resulting in more homeless kids, assuming they live long enough for that.

The only way it might end better would be if they are made soldiers, slaves or eunuchs, but then you'll have a big question about it being the city of free love anymore.
>>
>>50221066
The point wasn't about how YOU, adventurer, are about to solve stuff with magic.
But rather why the PEOPLE should even convert to your point of view when they DON'T have magic in their everyday life.

A) Contraception
>Shit !! Again, daughter ?! That's the third time this year !!
>And with your cousin ?! Damn it !! Ok, we'll make the "trip to the city".
>I guess we won't save money for that donkey this year...

C) Incest and otherwise akwardness
>Stop fucking your sister, cletus !! I know what the paladin said but look at your mother and I know better : just look at how YOU turned out !!
>Also, remember that she is MARRIED !! Her husband has been tolerant so far but if a idiot kid pop out, you are dead meat or she is back home !!

D) Abortions
>Yeah, Cletus, your sister didn't make it.
>No, there was no priest of Slaanesh at the temple, none that could cast the spell at least.
>May she rest in bliss eternally

E) Woman's statut in society
>Mommy !! I'm cold !! I'm hungry !!
>Why did Daddy kicked us out ?
>Who is Timmy's dad, then ?
>Can't we go to his house ?
>I don't mind if he has other children
>Why would his wife mind ?
>...
>I saw the priest's joy scepter yesterday.
>It tasted bitter.

But yeah, if high magic, then anything goes.
>>
>>50221334
>>
>>50217387
>paladin in D&D god like Slaanesh?

Can't happen

>But but but Paladin can be however I say
Maybe in your home game. D&D paladin's are pretty set.

>No fun
Well no, because I suggest you use a Blackguard instead.
>>
Fuck. Now I want to play a fertility god Paladin.

Like a 30-40 something man who wasn't able to have a child with his wife until they received a blessing, so now he goes and spreads the good word or something.
>>
File: b86[1].jpg (18KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
b86[1].jpg
18KB, 680x383px
>>50221465
The good word is his dick
>>
>>50217431
This shit right here..

This shit is the death of all that makes a Paladin what he is. It's the death of internal conflict between the demands of the Holy Patron and the Code. The lowering of the bar to enable nothing but caricatures under the guise of a Paladin so the newfag may traipse about the game with his half-baked piece of shit concept. The Autistic Fedoradin has killed all which made Paladins something besides a WoW joke.
>>
>>50221465

>30-40 something man
>Not playing a GILF in heavy armor looking after her extremely large family.

Cum onn stepp it up
>>
>>50221512
>GILF
Impossible. Most women expire by the time they're 25-30. Even the good ones expire by the time they hit 45 at latest.
>>
>>50221523
It's Divine Intervention, I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>50221523

>he doesn't want a well-built, experienced woman with short silver hair teaching the young bucks a thing or two about pleasing a woman

A lifetime of children means she can enjoy her golden years without regrets, anon.
>>
>>50221058
Isn't that literally how the Kelemvor, the god of death in 3.5 Forgotten Realms, worked? He didn't have paladins because in 3.5 only lawful good gods could have them, and he was lawful neutral, but otherwise he fit the bill.
The previous death god was a colossal asshole, but Kelemvor was purely neutral "everything dies eventually because that's how the world works" god, who was more concerned about making sure souls go to their proper afterlives and than about killing everybody. He even wanted to originally tear down the Wall of the Faithless his predecessor had built, feeling it was an unjust system, but had to leave it in place since removing it would have fucked up the status quo way too much. He also hated necromancers because they were fucking with his domain and enslaving spirits of the dead to keep them from getting to their proper afterlives.

>>50218509
I'd think a druid's concept of fertility deity would be more "Shub-Niggurath" (the intrepertion as a cosmic embodiment of life/fertility) than "goddess of farming and family". Druids are all about wild nature. I can't imagine most of them being particularly fond of agriculture (it's effectively taking nature and altering it to suit the needs of civilisation; I can see a druid reacting to domesticated animals in much the same way your average paladin reacts to undead).
I'd kind of like to play a druid worshiping not-Shub-Niggurath, actually. Not an evil druid, necessary, but one who revers the concept of life/nature/fertility in its most primal form. Nature is many good things, but isn't bound by what you'd consider morality. That is a purely human diversion for the actual rules the world runs on, which would be what he's interested in upholding.
>>
>>50217504

>Mi Amore Cadenza
>Princess Cadence

FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU DEGENERATE BARNEYFAG
>>
>>50220973
>>50221027

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Paladins only ever REQUIRE a god in the same settings that make druids worship specific gods too.
>>
>>50221857
How do you know if someone watches MLP? Don't worry he'll claim he hates it.
>>
>>50221473

I like to imagine he's a good and faithful man.

>>50221512
>GILF
>not MILF

Shit taste.
>>
>>50221857
>BARNEYFAG
Either you have your cartoons mixed up or I'm missing something.
>>
>>50221907

MILF is significantly overdone and I'd much rather explore the dynamics of a woman whose children have children.

It's not like she'd be a shriveled old crone, anon. Holy warriors in their mid-40s age really well.
>>
>>50218355
You seem to have a misconception about the nature of worship in a pantheistic religion.

While a town might claim a specific patron deity, people don't only worship Hera, Zeus, Poseidon, etc, unless they are part of the priesthood or a very one dimensional person (like a homeless sailor who doesn't gamble, fight, or fuck).

The farming village getting it's shit pushed in isn't going to go to the altar of the harvest god to seek help with the bandits, they are going to seek a blessing at the altar of their god of War.

So the harvest king doesn't need paladins unless his portfolio includes war, strength, protection, etc.
>>
File: Totally Normal.png (110KB, 326x312px) Image search: [Google]
Totally Normal.png
110KB, 326x312px
>>50218225
>Just because they're deities of love and harvest doesn't mean they're fucking pussies.

The love deities are definitely fucking pussies. ;)
>>
>>50218277

Man, fuck this celestial bureaucracy bullshit.
>>
>>50218546
/h/ please leave, you're scaring the others
>>
File: 1428878991939.jpg (94KB, 471x650px) Image search: [Google]
1428878991939.jpg
94KB, 471x650px
>>50218546
>>50222264

Ohohoho~!
>>
>>50218546

... Is that the mom from Gundam Build Fighters?
>>
>>50221940

Hey man. If it ain't broke.
>>
File: Paladin of Slaanesh.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Paladin of Slaanesh.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>50217387
>>
File: Lopunny.png (151KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lopunny.png
151KB, 400x480px
>>50221357
I wanna make a homebrew god that is all about just having sex.

She doesn't care about the reasons why, just that it happens.
>>
>>50222187
That works in a setting where gods are more metaphysical and form a distinct pantheon, but that usually isn't the case in D&D. Most smaller towns and villages will have a single temple to a specific god, and people are going to look at that god for guidance. There's the expectation there that all gods will seek to protect their flock, even if they are allied with other gods.

That's part of why Clerics of any domain still get armor and weapon skills. Any god knows that combat is a strong possibility and would seek to arm their followers against those who are against the faith. This could logically be extended to having Paladin's dedicated to their cause.

The code as of fertility doesn't just tell their priests to fuck off and ask the god of war for help when their farms are under attack by goblins.
>>
>>50221917
/co/ turboautist who has a supercomputer running scripts scraping all of 4chan for mention of /mlp/ related information or images (cropped or otherwise) even tangentially related to the show so he can go in and shitpost the threads to death with autism and comparison to barney.
>>
File: 126546302.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
126546302.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>50217387
What would a blackguard of this palading look like?

A prude who kills anyone for proposing any lewd things?
>>
>>50222508
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a1iMNqZO1U
>>
>>50217610
I'll take two!
>>
>>50222332
Yes. Japan created the perfect MILF. And then wasted her on a glorified toy commercial.
>>
>sex positive aspects

That's a funny way of saying retarded bullshit aspects.

>slaanesh
>love god

Get the fuck out, normie.
>>
>>50222508
I thought he was mostly on /v/, when he's not banned that is.
>>
>>50217387
Sounds like a 1-on-1 I did with my GM where we went into magical realm so the other normies in the group didn't have to. Got a trinket that reads people's minds and tells you their fetishes, then you can turn into absolutely anything, but only if it'll help out the kink of someone nearby. Of course every transformation comes with extra pleasure sensitivity, don't want the fucktoys to NOT enjoy the depravity of their partners, unless that's the fetish.

Basically whore'd it up, but also kept it classy. Anyone can look, anyone can touch if they can handle the teasing, but you have to rent out the backroom if you want to go somewhere.
>>
>>50222752

>tfw all the well-drawn porn is ruined by pedophile incest
>>
File: You are making me moist.jpg (301KB, 1022x768px) Image search: [Google]
You are making me moist.jpg
301KB, 1022x768px
>>50218546
>>50222264
>>50222275
/h/, please don't leave, you are making me moist!
>>
Slaanesh isn't really a love god.

Slaanesh's domain, as far as love was concerned, would probably fall more into things like jealousy, sexual desire, possessiveness, etc. IE the excessive and deranged elements of love. Though perhaps also the inspirational elements and desire to please, but still to the point of excess (stalking, drawing them 20 times a day, chopping your ear off to impress them, etc).

With the caveat of
>chaotic paladin

I'd say play up a god of envy, jealousy and protectiveness. Being a selfish guardian - "Nobody is going to harm you, because you belong to me."

Yandere paladin, I guess.
>>
>>50222840
consider suicide
>>
>>50222985
>>50222779
>>50217387
The whole point of Slaanesh is that he uses sexual desire and depraved emotion to corrupt followers and bring them into his worship, which in turn fuels his power. He's not a "love god", he uses sexual excess to gain followers. Hell, half the people who worship him don't even engage in sexual acts or depravity. After their corruption they become bog standard Chaos forces who just try to murder or corrupt anything outside of their ranks.
>>
>>50222997
not really but still retarded though
>>
>>50219407
Rance is a fighter tho
>>
>>50223023
He uses any kind of excessive behavior. A quest to become the best swordsman in the land, be renowned as the most proliferate scholar, gain enough wealth to swim in, etc. Sexual pleasure is an easy entry-level thing to indulge in, but there's plenty of ways.

In a D&D-style world, I imagine that there would be a lot more warriors seeking perfection in their craft than whores trying to get laid.
>>
I don't think a god of sex would want or need a devoted holy warrior.

Paladins only fit gods who have combat-related agendas. Destroying evil, upholding justice; or in the opposite side, conquering the world.
>>
>>50222372

You could have some fun with that, if she doesn't care about the circumstances she could even not have a problem with rape. That could lead to the god and their worshippers being disliked by the general populace even if the church doesn't explicitly condone rape.
>>
>>50223292
But what if the world is going through sexual suppression like in the Victorian England?

>You are now thinking of steampunk paladin maidens lurking in the street corners, catching unsuspecting people and teaching them the way of love
>>
>>50222550

It shouldn't, but the faggot pops up wherever and whenever somebody breaks containment.
>>
>>50223329
>You are now thinking of steampunk paladin maidens lurking in the street corners, catching unsuspecting people and teaching them the way of love

They wouldn't need to catch unsuspecting people and force them, anon. I'm sure many of them would find quite a business selling their services to wealthy types who want to make their boys into men.
>>
>>50223464
But if they are working already for a higher power, they wont be even asking for pay.
>>
File: 2323455158.png (28KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
2323455158.png
28KB, 500x223px
>>50223484

That just means their range of clientele has gone up to include damn near anyone!
>>
>>50223329
There wasn't any lack of lovemaking in Victorian England. Sex was just considered a private affair and not an appropriate area of discussion when in public.
>>
>>50223518
Speak for yourself. Free whores are filthy and any self respecting and well to do bachelor would never touch the slatterns.
>>
>>50217387
PURE AND CHASTELY!

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

>>50218567
>A) Contraception wasn't exactly effective or even available for the masses.
>So if you are a brave paladin preaching free love, except to be pregnant most of the time.
But actually this. Also, it's far too easy for nepotism to develop without oaths of chastity.
>>
>>50221574
>he doesn't like long hair
>>
>>50223292
>destroys evil
Smite Cheater
>upholding justice
Favored enemy: rapist
>>
>>50217387
>Slaanesh.
>Depraved Love god
Normie please.

As for the empowerment of sex, I know it's terrible but Corruption of Champions has a good idea there with how it implements demons. They're more like an intelligent grey goo scenario. They can breed with anything, gestate and grow quickly and worst of all are corruptive in every sense of the word. Those who resist them could very well end up either serving them or becoming them.
>>
>>50217387
D&D pallies wouldn't be able to, now what you're looking for is a Cleric.
>>
>>50220211
>In editions before fourth edition, they're the chosen champion of a Good god.

Earlier edition paladins didn't need a deity. They were just paragons of righteousness. The honorable knight in shining armor warrior archetype as different from the usual man-at-arms Fighter and woodsy/monster hunting Ranger.

But people kept getting confused because they got a handful of divine/priest spells and in D&D, spells are either divine or arcane. There's no "just magical" spells.

And in Forgotten Realms, EVERYONE had to choose a patron deity or else their soul got destroyed. It also required Paladins and Druids to worship deities. And as in many other cases of D&D fluff, FR took over many peoples' common perceptions of core stuff.

The previous PHB's make it clear that Paladins don't have to worship a deity. They just have to be committed to LG alignment. There were semi-official variants for other alignments too. But people kept insisting they were warriors of the gods/church.

So 4E just went with it as part of their re-fluffing stuff to make it more accessible to people unfamiliar with all the quirks of D&D fluff.

Since 5e was going back to classic D&D fluff, and 4e had pretty much killed off alignment and introduced all kinds of Paladins, 5e took a little of both by making Paladins simply champions of an ideal.

No alignment restrictions. No god restrictions. Just an ideal to live by.

But there were still a couple holdouts insiting that D&D Paladins could only ever be LG and anything else was "Not muh D&D".
>>
>>50220584
>So if we strangle it right when it's pushed out, it wasn't ever alive, yet ?

If you lived back then, yeah.
>>
>>50218596
No. It's an older meme.
>>
>>50219246
There's a significant amount of grills who are into the sexual fantasy of rape. I've heard numbers around about one in three are into it, but I don't have any source to back it up with.
A lot more than one in three in places like f-list though.
>>
>>50219246

I met my wife playing D&D. One time I ran a campaign where everyone quit except for her and one chick that we ended up having threesomes with.

But she refused to hang out outside of the context of D&D sessions, after which we'd fool around.

When the campaign ended, she disappeared and we never saw or heard from her again.

It was really weird.
>>
>>50224635
I'd be curious what the ratio is compared to males.
>>
>>50224503
While there's nothing mechanically stopping you, the theme of 5th editon paladins doesn't work very well for chaotic characters (and makes a lot more sense for lawful than neutral ones). The paladin's specialisations (their equivalent to druid circles, wizard schools, or cleric domains) are oaths: a code the paladin is sworn to uphold and live by. These include your standard "protect the innocent, help those in need, smite evil" paladin, but also some other variants.
However, following a strict code of conduct is pretty much the antithesis of how chaotic characters generally act (since one of the big points of chaotic vs lawful aligment is that the latter tends to follow rules and codes, even when it would be beneficial to ignore them, while the latter has no problem bending or breaking the rules when it produces better results), so you have to jump through some hoops to justify a chaotic character following a paladin's code.
>>
File: 1434442614058.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1434442614058.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>50217387
Love is a beautiful thing, you say you love your pet Mr or Mrs commoner? prove the truth of your words with deeds before the entire town or I will feed you this legendary blade badragon tip first.
>>
>>50221474
Actually, it's so people stop asking what makes Paladins and Clerics different.
>>
File: 1346964079518.jpg (80KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1346964079518.jpg
80KB, 456x386px
>>50217535
>reading American comics
>>
File: sandman.jpg (52KB, 617x479px) Image search: [Google]
sandman.jpg
52KB, 617x479px
>>50225136

>Not liking American comics
>>
File: 1471201933839.jpg (165KB, 1600x912px) Image search: [Google]
1471201933839.jpg
165KB, 1600x912px
>>50218546

Tell me more anon
>>
>>50221474
Paladins being beholden to a specific god was only introduced in Faerun and then 4th edition. And then removed in 5th.
They were never champions of a god. That's literally what Clerics are for.
>>
>>50221474
> internal conflict between the demands of the Holy Patron and the Code
When has this ever been a thing? No really, I've never heard of paladins having conflicting orders, even in the one setting where they do have to follow a specific god.
>>
>>50219246
It's nuts, isn't it? I've never encountered a "fuck everything that moves" That Guy first hand. Meanwhile, the sluttiest PC I've ever seen was played by an asexual girl from a very traditional Chinese family
>>
>>50218546
So, my gf?
>>
>>50225356
She can get away with it. He can't. Both know this.
>>
>>50217431

You, go fuck yourself, your bullshit opinion is unfounded and falacious. Note "channel divinity", a key class feature. Said class feature involves using the power of a God. Just cause your fat smelly ass is too afraid of anything that doesn't line up with your world view to accept that we can have fantastic things in a FANTASY game doesn't mean it's true. Get over yourself, leave your fedora and your rampant insecurities at home, and let's play some role playing games.
>>
>>50225369
You bagged a milf? Tell us more
>>
>>50225703
What do you want to know?
>>
>>50225681
Paladins not being powered by a god is explicit in every edition except 4th. There's one (1) main setting that also changes the rule, and that's faerun, where literally everyone needs to have a patron deity.
>>
>>50225756
How you did it, for one thing (assuming you aren't of similar age)
>>
>>50217650
Even third had houseruled core... and Unearthed Arcana has one for each "corner" alignment.
>>
>>50225796
I did amateur porn (think the sexy audio threads on /soc/, except it wasn't on /soc/). She was a fan and we hit it off immediately. We both assumed the other was closer in age than they really were (it took a little while for us to trust each other enough for pictures). When we found out each other's real ages, we figured "fuck it, it wasn't a problem before we knew so why let it become one now." Plus, I've had a MILF fetish since I was in middle school
>>
>>50225681
1st Edition makes no direct mention of if a paladin must follow a specific god, they need a LG cleric to cast attonment if they fall, and give 10% of their wealth to LG religeous institutions, but it doesn't seem like it needs to be the same one every time, so it mostly seems like they just need to give respect to the gods of law and good but don't need to specificaly follow any particular one.

The 2nd Edition Paladin's Handbok allows paladins to believe in a philosophy or code for their powers.

The 3rd Edition PHB flat out says that a Paladin's powers come straight from the cosmic forces of Law and Good, they don't need to follow a specific paron deity, though many do.

4th Edition I beieve they do need a god, but I'm not 100% sure

5th Edition's PHB says similar to 3rd's that while many do devote themselvs to a god of good not all do.

Naturaly specific setting rules trump these, such as in Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>50218800
>a bit like what Aphrodite did
That's nothing like what Aphrodite did. She made one woman fall in love with a man because he chose her as the winner of a contest.

As a literal bribe.
>>
>>50224716
Actually, I think it's probably about equal. I read something a while back that men are into the whole fantasy of being ravished just as much as women are, and men don't want to be dominant as much as women want them to be dominant.
>>
>>50217387

These threads reek of desperation, because it feels like you'll take any excuse to have someone fuck you as part of their religious duty.

Next time, masturbate thoroughly before posting.
>>
>>50217642

I can't help but think that a Goddess of Fertility would be big on racial purity and eugenics. You can't have bad genes entering the gene pool, after all.
>>
>>50221474
>This shit is the death of all that makes a Paladin what he is.
No, that was Gygax when he took the name from Charlemagne's Peers.
>>
>>50218094
>harvest gods don't need soldiers
Confirmed for retarded- Mars was originally a god of farming before he took up soldiering.
>>
>>50221058

Morr from Warhammer.
>>
>>50220584

In a lot of cultures, kids weren't really considered people (or named) until they hit like... one year. Infant mortality rates were incredibly high.
>>
File: 1477419618506.jpg (171KB, 711x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1477419618506.jpg
171KB, 711x1000px
What style of Paladin do you prefer more, the sword-n-board or the two handed ones?
>>
>>50218094
>it's not like there is some comic (sic) force trying to oppose love...
You know what?

There should be. How do you make a villain interesting, but also make it moustache-twirlingly, care-bears-movie-villainly evil?
>>
>>50226515
I find something satisfying about using a greatsword for a Paladin.
>>
>>50226519
Maybe make them to do with innovation and progress, at the cost of hating others? I dunno, like trying to become the best at whatever by innovating techniques and such in order to thrash the competition.
>>
>>50225905
That's actually super sweet, fuck you
>>
>>50218586
>this undereducated sperg doesn't even know about Astarte
>>
>>50218467
The greek gods slept around a lot, to be fair.
>>
>>50227361
Hestia is best girl, always loyal and knew the gods were a bad influence when they brought in Dionysus
>>
>>50217387
They themselves took a vow of chastity, but they support free love for everyone else.

There. Now you get to play a paladin wingman and your fellow players will love you.
>>
>>50222536
Sex-Paladin
>A regular dude who likes to party
>Likes to make sure everyone else is having a good time too
>Humble and responsible, has no qualms being dd or wingman

>Believes sex is a key element to understanding the divine, mankind and ourselves, in addition to being really fun
>However sex is also a big responsibility and easily abused. It's important to handle it with morality and empathy.
>As long as everyone is being cool to each other it doesn't matter what craziness you get up too.
>Despite all his years of sensual training he has never mastered the most erotic art of hand-holding. He his haunted by this

>His body is enhanced with mystical powers
>Prefers to fight head on using his empowered combat abilities
>Uses CHA to enhance his abilities
>Control and defence focused. If diplomacy fails he's quick to disable his enemies and buff his allies.
>Skilled wrestler, physically flexible and tactically adaptable but lacks peak human hugeness

Muscle Wizard
>A huge guy dedicated to increasing his hugeness
>Imposes his rigid GAINS based philosophy on everyone around him
>Megalomaniac, goes to any lengths to assert his dominance over others

>Believes sex is purely base and disgusting but necessary for survival and asserting dominance
>Only Muscle-Wizard chooses who should and should not breed. Refusing his orders is not an option.
>Missionary, doggy-style and fellatio are the only valid sex positions. Cowgirl and cunnaligus are for cucks, everything else is for degenerates.
>Secretly loves hand-holding. Has to self flagellate to cleanse himself of such impure thoughts.

>Gains mystical powers from his body
>Prefers to fight with magic channelled through his body
>Uses STR to power his spells
>Damage and minion focused. Opens with long-range nuke punch, follows up with hordes of expendable baddies
>Skilled wrestler, focuses on raw power to overwhelm his foes, possesses peak human hugeness
>>
>>50217439
Problem, Anabaptist?
>>
>>50227443

Chastity and Celibacy are very different things friend. I'm fairly certain you mean the later.
>>
>>50227529
I called it.
>>
For shit and Giggles, lets see the stuff from the two related Churches from Kingdoms of Kalamar, Faiths of Tellene. The Neutral-Good Parish of Love and the Chaotic-Evil House of Vice. (Which sounds closer to classic Slaanesh.

Parish of Love

Fluff/Church advancement, help happy couples perform marriage ceremonies, also reuniting lost family members-whoa. KoK rules for advancing Ranks in the Chuch give these clerics up to +4 to their CHA...interesting.
Hit die is a d6
6+INT mod for skill points
The spell "spirtual weapon" gives one of these clerics a Spirtual Net.
They can cast Suggestion as a 5th level spell
Can channel divine energy (with a feat) into an Aura that allows dazed/confused characters to make another save to snap out of it.

Whatever, lets get to the REAL slannesh sounding one.

House of Vice
Kay, worship involves going into a not-brothel and being fawned over by hot slave-girls...

Nudists who shave EVERYWHERE? (eyebrows too)

Church advancement is doing what Abbadon did for Slaanesh, (BITE THE PILLOW, IT'S GOIN' IN DRY!) or Sacrificing Virgins. (Pop the cherry and turn them into a slut, or murder them)

'kay, the clerics are either called Vicelords or Insulters, the latter of home are expected to piss off other gods by fucking on their altars, either with kids or that gods sacred animal...
HD= d6, Skill points: 6: INT mod...
Spirtual Weapon is a heavy pick.
And their channel energy is a 60 foot cone that inflicts a -2 on all victims attempts to resist compulsions for 10 minutes.

Strangely enough, there are no special advancements for the evil churchs. Eh, whatever, take either of these as suggestions, though the House of Vice is probably the more obvious one.
>>
File: Vice Domain.png (62KB, 468x460px) Image search: [Google]
Vice Domain.png
62KB, 468x460px
>>50229200
And the "Vice" domain exclusive to the House of Vice.
>>
>>50217387
Question, how would a paladin end up worship that god and stay a paladin?
>>
>>50231131
You can be Lawful Good and still have lots of sex. You also don't need to be the same alignment as the god you worship.
>>
>>50217387
so what, you mean a cleric?
>>
>>50225934
I'm aware, which is why I say put "a bit" in there. They aren't the same thing, but you could draw inspiration from it. In this case I'm trusting the reader to not be a fucking moron and actually read what I said.
>>
>>50217387
she rapes everyone, who wants to make war not love...
>>
>>50231131
I think OP is just shitty at wording and wanted to know what a particularly lustful but good-aligned deity would produce in terms of paladins.
>>
>>50218225
This. When people think about the God of Love, they think of Aphrodite, aka Venus, which is depicted as a vapid bitch. Most forget about Eros, which is not even a god but the personification of Love, and is something very serious. He is one of the four primordial deities who shaped the universe, the other three being Chaos (the endless Void), Gaia (the Earth) and Tartarus (the great Abyss of the underworld). And old gods are fucking scary.
>>
>>50232687
And for something more low key there is always the traditional /tg/ favorited Morrighan who was all about fertility but was also about sex and violence sometimes at the same time.
>>
>>50219105
I'm glad I checked the thread, I was just about t post this
>>
File: Qedeshot.png (2MB, 3736x1267px) Image search: [Google]
Qedeshot.png
2MB, 3736x1267px
>>
Read The Chronicles of Rapina. She grows into a good candidate for Paladinhood as the series continues.
>>
>>50218546
>Or a perpetually MILF woman with T H I C C hips who literally cannot stop ara ara-ing.
>>50232499
>she rapes everyone
What if sex paladin crusade?

>>50232517
Seriously though, if this is the case then probably something sex-positive, without more details we can't really determine anything else, if Slaaneshesque it's probably really really hedonistic though
>>
>>50217407
>What are Paladins of Freedom and Paladins of Slaughter?
Are you really that dumb?
>>
>>50233973
Well, OP said 'like' Slaanesh, but presumably it'd be something more neutral or good aligned. Still emphasizing the whole sex angle, but not to the excess of grinding your neighbors bones into your cocaine.
>>
>>50217387
>>50233973
>Sex paladin crusade
>Army of divinely empowered THICC MILF warriors on a mission from their goddess
>A mission fuck and they're not taking no for an answer
>Conquered population is genocided via snu snu
>Entire population replaced by the children of said snu snu
>Children who are raised under the strict but loving ara ara~ care of the last generation of palaMILFs for the next crusade
And that's how you handle Slaaneshesque "Paladins"
>>
>>50225154
>American comics
>posts panel from one by a Brit
>>
You know, you could have at least tried to make this thread look legitimate. I mean, you could have said, "goddess of Love and compassion" or "goddess of fertility" (that one's a classic" but a Paladin of a Slannesh-like god? Putting aside that no such God would Even be accepted in public in any not retarded society, why would a god like that even have anything resembling paladins?

You might as well have just said "I want to make a thread about Older Paladin women 'ara ara'-ing a cute naive altar boy". Seriously, this is /tg/, we would have replied just the same.
>>
>>50223621
>filthy
That's what Remove Disease is for
>>
File: 1383868131979.png (2MB, 1387x925px) Image search: [Google]
1383868131979.png
2MB, 1387x925px
>>50218567
What kind of penalties would one expect for fighting while pregnant?
>>
>>50234741

Paladins don't even need Remove Disease, Pathfinder Paladins at least have total immunity to it.
>>
>>50235354
Kinda opens a whole new world for Bablyonian-style Temple Whores
>>
>>50235354
Well I mean it's good for helping out your fellow lay-women who haven't been fully inducted into the church and hit level 3.
And healing patrons who may seek patronage elsewhere.
>>
>>50235854
>Lay-woman
Nice pun anon
>>
>>50217387
Well a Paladin order or frankly Adultery and Wanton Sex sounds a bit off. Kinda a contrapasso of Fertility, the closest thing you have to good.

So your god would need to be one of Beauty, Bliss, Joy, and Love a la a mix of Hera and Aphrodite.

You'd focus on the healthy aspects of bringing bliss through pseudo-romance, in a safe non predatory environment, that is clean and will lead to good health. Well education on the differences of lust and love through demonstration is also healthy. And curing diseases and serving as a withdrawal help for sex addicts would make the Paladin order a kind of rehab clinic for those with psychosexual illnesses.
>>
>>50229255
How would you homebrew this spellset to fit a "Good" aligned deity though?
>>
>>50217387
>Let's play up the sex positive aspects
No that sounds like creepy neckbear faggotry.
>>
>>50238581
Just assume it's a game where the table is okay with repressed sexuality leaking out.
A lot of games are that way
>>
>>50235392
>>50235854

Don't forget they get Divine Grace, a supernatural ability that makes their fortitude, reflexes and willpower get boosted in proportion to their Charisma.

So the hotter they are, the *better* they are. And let's not forget Lay on Hands, the ability that heals damage as well as grant a list of Mercies that range from "cures your fear" to "cures the blind."
>>
>>50238744
Jesus didn't spit in the blind man's eyes, Jesus spat for lube to gave the blind man the "Hand of Mercy"
>>
>>50217610
10/10 would unfuck again
>>
>>50238454
Swap out blasphemy for something
>>
>>50225681
His bullshit is lost a direct quote from the PHB you illiterate fool.
>>
>>50221104
>immoral=unlawful
This is objectively incorrect.
>>
>>50239189
>implying a nofunallowed fa/tg/uy has ever cracked open a game book
>>
File: weeping orc.png (109KB, 1143x509px) Image search: [Google]
weeping orc.png
109KB, 1143x509px
>>50217610

top kek. Capped in case anyone wants it.
>>
>>50217387
I don't think all deities should have paladins/clerics
>>
>>50239902
Paladins I could maybe see, but Clerics?
>>
>>50239902
The only Deities safe from Paladins are the True Neutral ones.
>>
>>50240191
In pantheons not every god would want to be represented by a prophet-like person that kills things. The clerics would just not cast magic or miracles all the time like RPG Clerics do. Divination and other mild things sure, but I doubt all gods would even care about purging unbelievers or killing monstrous things. Like a good of lust, for instance. No clergy from that deity should know anything except maybe a bit of alchemy for love potions
>>
>>50217387

Im building a cult for a oneshot that worships Lathander and took "He blesses those who plant new life." Way too seriously.

Lets me play off the misguided loyalty bit rather than chaotic interference.
>>
I don't think paladins should follow super depraved deities akin to Slaanesh, but orgies and temple prostitutes and so forth aren't very unusual by historical standards.
>>
>>50240770
>Goddess of Love not taking extreme insult from unrepentant heartbreakers and rapists

It's like you never read literally anything about Greek Mythology.
Plus if you go the "Orc tribes are rapists" route you now have Genocidal justification at the behest of a God.

Classic Trope, everybody loves it... Sometimes
>>
>>50241948
The problem is that in a lot of settings clerics aren't regulated, and instead of being one-of-a-kind special prophets to their deity they're one among a few hundred, or even thousands. I can't see a god of romance having 500 people who can cause earthquakes and rain fire from the skies because of a group of orcs.

And even then unless the deity is a very major, important one, chances are there's already at least one other god that's more popular that would fall in agreement, which is why I prefer to have a pantheon or at least groups within a pantheon to be united in sending out clerics and such, not being about a single god but a common partnership between a handful of them. Unless you have a bit of a civil war going on between the pantheon, then I'm all in for that immortal drama spice

I mean, that's all dependent on the setting and GM in the end but still.
>>
>>50242014
True but in that case in most settings Divine PC Classes tend to stick out anyways because no preist npc is realistically going to be toe to toe with a Divine Source PC.

No town clergy is going to be able to Turn Undead, banish a demon, or most spells in the entire set of books without also having high levels in a PC class.

Of Course a Paladin of Love would be weird but so would a Cleric of Love that got to any feasible level of power as an adventurer.

At that point you're saying: Only NPCs can worship the Love god, which is frankly weirder in the meta than just allowing a Paladin of Love.
>>
>>50242239
I'm mostly saying that a cleric or paladin would be raising a banner of multiple deities, but the goddess of love could be the paladin's patron deity, like Arkantos in Age of Mythology. For a pantheon I feel like this would make the most sense, but it's just one of those things that depend on the setting, and a personal preference of mine.
>>
>>50217469
Because a lot of depraved things are actively harmful. S&M runs a fine line between safe and not-safe and most doms take their role VERY seriously. People have died doing kinky things because a rope was too tight or a piercing got infected.

Don't even get me started on drugs. Alcohol, shrooms, and cannabis are one thing but heroin and meth can seriously fuck you up.
>>
>>50217541
Look, chainmail bikinis are supposed to go UNDER the Armor.
>>
>>50217662
Sad disaproval. Short term loss often means long term gain and a girl not having children now means she'll have resources to have more children later.

Yes, you could take a hard line approach but if the goal is children and only children then even rape can be justified.
>>
>>50218277
This only works if a fertility god has allies. If the local god of war decides that he doesn't need a fertility cult distracting is armies there's not much a fertility goddess can do without an army of her own.
>>
>>50217662
Rape and Smite
>>
>>50218586
>Paladins are a military order that comes together under the banner of a martial deity

Literally nobody of worth has said this. Literally no setting does this rule apply.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>50226515
scimitar and bow for the glory of Allah, PBUH
>>
>>50218395
A god that doesn't care for their followers will soon find themselves without any.

Without followers, a god will fall into obscurity and may eventually be forgotten.
>>
>>50222372
this is the creator deity of my setting to a T
immensely powerful and indifferent
creates for its own sake, for better or worse, damn the consequences
has no regard for her children, which include the other gods
>>
>>50242732
One """""setting,"""" the FPS, Hexen 2. Obviously of zero relevance.
>>
>>50222372
>>50243239

Reminds me of Paizo's Cancer Pregnancy Godling creature here: >>50235333
>Gestation Aura
>>
>>50243734
I can't say I'm flattered. I was thinking more of a rude and careless female zeus than edgy fetish bait.
>>
>>50244497
>rude and careless female zeus
Go on
>>
>>50225958
So a priestess of freya?
>>
>>50235333
The only penalty is a quick, horrifying death as you lose your balance and promptly have a premature birth induced. Other than that it's just like regular fighting.
>>
>>50244497
I didn't think it was edgy fetish bait.
To me that's genuine body horror
>>
>>50244893
/tg/ sees it as fetishbait though
>>
>>50244614
like, they fucked their way through the pantheon, and then moved on to the beasts of the earth?

maybe their champion hunts down the more... troublesome of her children?
>>
>>50244614
Since you asked, I'll drop a huge wall of text like an incredible faggot. I'm still working on the setting, so I don't have names yet. Right now I just call her "The Mother."
The Mother is the first and greatest of the gods, she immaculately conceived herself and her own brother(son?) from herself, willed the other gods into being so that she could fuck them, and while they have children of their own, every living thing can claim origin in her.
She has no interest in maintaining the laws of reality, protecting her offspring, or mediating disputes between powerful entities. She leaves those administrative duties to her brother, the god of death and knowledge. He's the only one who can convince her to intervene when necessary, and you can bet she's pissed when that happens.
Stories surrounding her have a lot to do with the other gods cleaning up after she shirked some responsibility, was "tricked" into making an abomination, or drove someone to mad extremes in pursuit of her fleeting love.
The Mother is impartial, but not cruel. She does grant boons to people who would bring life into the world. Expectant mothers pray to her for safe births, artists look to her for inspiration, and kings pray to her for heirs.
In the city, temples downplay her more lurid aspects and bring it on themselves to shore up holes in her benevolence, especially taking in orphans. Out in the boonies, her worship is still very pagan. Farming communities petitioning for fertile fields compete for her attention by holding festivals where they erect huge wicker dongs and burn them as beacons.
Those who take up arms in her name are rare and disparate. Some are guardians of nature, some consider the undead equally hers. None of them are likely doing anything she asked for.

>>50246324
that's the gist of it yeah
though cleaning up her messes is her brother's full time job, so it would be his paladins at work there
>>
>>50246622
Interesting, sound to me like she wouldn't be worshiped that often though, or rather her brother would be seen as the head god even though she'd be an important mythological figure
>>
>>50217387
I find it sad that similar character art hasn't been shared this thread
>>
>>50242507
>Yes, you could take a hard line approach but if the goal is children and only children then even rape can be justified.
Which is why this is retarded and impractical. That's not a Paladin of life, that's a Paladin of birth. In fact, this extremist reasoning is exactly the real life problem women face.
>>
>>50217387
In 5e I suppose you could interpret the oath of the ancients roughly in that direction. The tenets are about spreading and defending joy and goodness. So theoretically you could dedicate yourself to spreading debauchery (of a sort). You'd have to constantly be vigilant about keeping it from going too far, since running around starting raves probably would do more harm than good.

End of the day, though, you'd basically just be a bard with a stricter moral code.
>>
>>50217387
Why don't you read some fucking Warhammer Fantasy and find out.

Fuck.
>>
File: Cr5ot_5VUAEJfbP2.jpg (42KB, 691x597px) Image search: [Google]
Cr5ot_5VUAEJfbP2.jpg
42KB, 691x597px
>>50218546
>>
>>50221104
Morality has nothing to do with lawfulness or the lack thereof. Lawful means to act within the strictures of a code, usually but not necessarily the law of the land. Morality is a good/evil question.

To answer OP, they would be flirty, generally down for a good time (dat disease resistance, tho), and probably have a few kinks. Nothing over the top or crazy.
>>
>>50223943
Underrated post
>>
>>50251148
Lawful is more than that.
Lawful is fatalism. You believe that the existence of everything is pre-determined and the proper way to live is the find harmony in that.

Where the alignment struggle becomes harder to realize from our real life point of view is that, we can only think philosophically if the world is deterministic or not, but in a world with alignments, it is a question of power struggle. Chaos is out there, always with the agenda to stop the world from being pre-determined. Destroyed mortality, borders between planes and even fucking the concept of linear time.

Lawful is more than merely code and order.
>>
>>50251280
Literally everything you said is wrong and I have no idea where to start correcting you
>>
>>50251280
>Lawful is fatalism. You believe that the existence of everything is pre-determined and the proper way to live is the find harmony in that.
The fuck made you think that?
>>
File: 1438288639410.png (226KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
1438288639410.png
226KB, 500x307px
>>50218633
>The idea that it's even remotely okay to have an abortion is totally modern

u are a dumbass women have been exerting control over their pregnancies since the dawn of the species dont u know they make fucking tea out of milkweed or parsley or literally any of the 9000 other things that kill fetuses when u eat it
>>
>>50251280
What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>50251372
>>50251424
>>50251980
You people just don't get it.
>>
File: 232px-SR-item-Statue_of_Dibella.jpg (45KB, 232x598px) Image search: [Google]
232px-SR-item-Statue_of_Dibella.jpg
45KB, 232x598px
>>50217387
Okay, so what would a Paladin or Cleric of Dibella or whatever sex god/goddess be like?

>Lives in a monastery that doubles as a brothel. Money goes towards helping the poor or keeping up with the bills for the complex.
>Uses their pilgrimage or travels to preach about safe sex, birth control, avoiding succubi.
>Crusades against adultery, rape, child molestation, necrophilia, sex slavery and snuff.
>At home, practices Kama Sutra with other priestesses, pole dancing, nude worship, posing nude for artwork, etc.

What would be the age they can accept people, though? 16 would be good enough for medieval settings, right?
>>
>>50252076
Kick out the saxophone and get it on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=447yaU_4DF8
>>
>>50217387
Pimp paladin drugging and reforming evil. Isn't it better to feel good than be evil.
>>
>>50252076
Sounds like a reasonable set of objectives for someone whose part of an organisation that's positive about sex but wants to see it done responsibly.
And I imagine that the age of admittence depends on whether they have to start off with largely theory-based work when they're an acolyte. Sex education is supposed to be taught to youngsters after all before they do something irresponsible.
>>
>>50252076
After 300 posts this is the best most concise answer, IMO
>>
File: 1435073582254.png (345KB, 889x1342px) Image search: [Google]
1435073582254.png
345KB, 889x1342px
>>50252250
Right, but it would be creepy to take in orphans and raise them in a sex-based religious monastery. Of course, a benevolent erotic faith would express that temple prostitution and nudity is entirely a personal choice and other acolytes can do gardening, cleaning, healing, etc. Though it would be more historically accurate and adhere to my magical realm if the preteen and teenage monks in training were allowed to join in on shenanigans.

>Teaches sex ed to local children and ignorant peasants.
>Go around town passing condoms or other time period-friendly safe sex objects.
>Besides offering prostitution and nude posing, the monastery and monks also perform spa services and give unclothed massages. Gives make overs and hairstyling to women for a price. Sell sex toys, incense, candles and sex instruction books.
>Crusades against incest as well. MAYBE bestiality, too, if they were okay with it, it has to be so it doesn't physically harm the animal.
>Cures STDs and exorcises sex-based demons.
>Performs abortions in secret for any frightened woman who needs one.

>>50252472
This was bothering me, too. Had an idea for a temple prostitute/sexy paladin character for a while.
>>
>>50252750

I recognize that character!
>>
>>50252775
I have no idea who she is, sadly. Just have a couple pics of her.

Who is she and where can I find more?
>>
File: 1473513290450.png (218KB, 698x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473513290450.png
218KB, 698x800px
>>50252750
Sacred prostitutes with the power to cure and prevent STD's and exorcise sex-based demons sounds like a good character idea. Only problem is that trying to play the idea straight might cause a knee-jerk reaction from people who automatically assume you're being skeevy about the whole thing. However that sort of uncomfortable attitude (from either direction) about sex is exactly what a sacred prostitute would be trying to cure with their knowledge.
>>
File: images (22).jpg (29KB, 513x287px) Image search: [Google]
images (22).jpg
29KB, 513x287px
> pic related
>>
>>50253057
Iops are the best Bimbo warriors
>>
>>50218566
>>50218582
An epicurean hedonist paladin wouldn't make much sense, since they wouldn't really have goals except for leading a simple, pleasant life.
A utilitarian might work better.
>>
>>50253000
>Only problem is that trying to play the idea straight might cause a knee-jerk reaction from people who automatically assume you're being skeevy about the whole thing.
Play with a nonshit group?
>>
>>50253738
Well, some people can be open-minded, empathetic and respectful in most situations but still jump to conclusions about anybody who seems to fit a particular label. Limbic system being what it is, logic takes a backseat whilst prejudice overpowers the mind. It's not uncommon but if it isn't handled properly it can escalate pretty quickly.
>>
>>50253000
It should be fine so long as you present it in the right light, to show you have some social tact in the matter.

As well, getting with the DM to make sure there is such a god in their setting is a must, for obvious reasons. Asking them for references and information on a Good aligned goddess in their setting akin to that of Ishkar, because of your desires in playing a Babylonian culture themed Paladiness, shows that first and foremorst the theme is on your mind rather than the sex, and that you are actively researching material and are informed to try and provide a higher quality character to the table, while caring about the DMs desires for the world and setting.
Then address if there may be some qualms from anyone in the party on a character with affilition to mature topics given the nature of preistesses and female servants of the babylonian gods to show you care about meshing with the rest of the individuals around the table. And if the DM didn't understand exactly what you meant, you are clarifying it without insulting him by assuming he didn't understand the themes of your reference material
>>
>>50252775
>>50252798
But, no, seriously, the search options and e621 ain't giving me jack except one picture that goes nowhere.
>>
>>50233590
source
>>
>>50253000
I imagine that would be a problem in setting, too. He or she would probably upset some helpless civilians since they'd have a habit of getting their clothes/armor torn off while fighting a demon, or wake up naked in strange places often. That, and their religious attire, while armor is practical, would be... less than modest.

Another idea is that the monastery would be in constant conflict with an evil sex religion, one that tells its followers to commit wanton rape (killing afterward is optional and possible), abduct people for slavery, molest children, perform bug chasing and use innocents as sacrifices in their blood orgies.
>>
>>50254164
Blackguards being immune to but still Carriers of Diseases probably would make them bug chasers.
>>
>>50217642

Just imagining Paladin Wingmen to help some guy get a wife. He's trying to chat to her at the tavern and two massive guys in full plate are cheering him on in flowery old english
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.