[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ Winter Ball Discussion Thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 35

File: tmp_10543-hF1dVhhh499090884.jpg (90KB, 1024x859px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10543-hF1dVhhh499090884.jpg
90KB, 1024x859px
The plan to go with both /vp/ and /his/ is pretty much a go. Both sides agree it will be a fun dynamic and now we're just waiting for a formal invitation from /vp/ now that the board has slowed down a bit in night hours.
>>
>>50216544
Fun
>>
>>50216544
Did we formally accept /his/? Did we give them a gift?
>>
>>50216894
We have accepted them but not formally with a thread, though they know what the plan is 100%. We have not given them a gift yet. Things are just getting finalized and we're really waiting on /vp/, who insisted they ask us this year to show how much they love us, to formally ask us to the dance.
>>
>>50216932
I suppose writing something about Teej talking to Herodotus / whatever their -tan is going to be and Vanille wouldn't be out of the question?
>>
>>50216544
I like /his/ a lot more than /vp/ but at least it's better than last year (or two years ago?) where we went with /x/. Freaking bitches be crazy
>>
>>50216954
I believe they have /her/odotus, a living marble statue of an old ass roman dude and /his/toria, a loli who spouts bullshit history facts and is constantly corrected by /her/odutus.
>>
>>50216974
We went with /vp/ and /x/ last year, or the year before that. /x/ was our first date a long while back, but some things happened. There was a big fallout.

/vp/ and /tg/ made great stuff, last year.
>>
File: his and tg.jpg (199KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
his and tg.jpg
199KB, 900x600px
>>
>>50216982
From what I've seen on their thread, it's supposedly up in the air between Ghost girl, some female -tan, and Herodotus / Historia. It's up in the air.
>>
>>50216544
I've never been to /vp/ but do they think Grass types are useless as shit?

I need to know if other people share my opinion.
>>
>>50217076
Grass type IS useless as shit.
>>
>>50217076
Depends on the specific Pokemon anon. As a whole, grass is a shit typing yeah but there are a few exceptions. Serperior is a fucking monster and Ferrothorn is one of the best tanks in the game.
>>
>>50217101
this.
also venusaur is just king bulk of bulkyland.
>>
>>50216544
Can someone explain this to a newfag?
>>
>>50217093
>>50217101

Oh good, I'm not alone.

What the general consensus on Steel and Water Pokemon?
>>
>>50217183
>What is the Winter Ball?
The Winter Ball is a crossboarding event where boards partner up, celebrate their board’s autism by creating OC through their board tans, and find common interests. At the end we all come together to a plugdj room to share meme music and funpost in the chat.

Our board (with /vp/ and /x/) ultimately led the event as it spiraled into chaos last year so I expect with our energy this time around we’ll have great success!
>>
>>50217196
Sounds fun. When's it happening?
>>
>>50217185
Steel is one of the best defensive typings for sure
Water has shitloads of mons and is super versatile (and scald is broken as fuck)
>>
>>50217115
You don't actually browse /vp/, do you
>>
>>50217203
A date hasn't been set yet but its looking to be somewhere between mid December to early January.

>>50217208
I agree with this anon completely, though with the burn nerf Scald isn't as broken as it was. Still really good though.
>>
>>50216544
Does /tg/ have a female tan? I think I remember an anon making one a few threads back.
>>
>>50217287
Not at the moment no.
Anon please you have no idea what you're starting. The shitposter will come back and ruin another thread.
>>
>>50217311
*glances around nervously*
S-shitposter?
>>
>>50217317
look up the last thread in the archive and scroll around the bottom. You'll understand.
>>
>>5021731
Shitposters?!
In my /tg/?
Surely not!
>>
>>50217327
Ah, I see what you mean. If the general consensus is that things should stay the same, then I'm none to argue.
>>
>>50217208
Excellent.
>>
>>50217317
>*glances around nervously*
Please do not do this.
>>
>>50216982
>Herodotus
>old ass roman dude

Jesus fuck, end yourself.
>>
>>50218202
I'm sorry anon. I don't know jack shit about history. Fuck I barely remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.
>>
H-hey /tg/ y-you're looking good today.

Oh me? I'm just here to give you this.

http://pastebin.com/fS7g9jvg

Y-you don't have to read it or anything if you don't want to. Faggot.
>>
>>50218249
Aww. /vp/. You never cease to amaze me with how motherfucking cute your tans are. I don't speak for the entirety of the board but I for one would love to go with you again, so long as our buddy /his/ here can tag along. I think he has a granddaughter around Viol's age so he isn't left out.
>>
>>50218271
I'm not sure if we've talked about /his/ really yet. People have been waiting for /his/ to make a move, and now most people are dead once they gave us the invite picture. I don't think anyone objected though, but I don't want to speak for anyone if they're unsure about the arrangements of who gets who. I know we were wondering if /his/ figured out their tan situation and what their plans are yet.

pls let us know your official answer soon, we'll be waiting. Faggot.
>>
>>50218303
Almost the entire population of people who give a fuck about the winter ball have agreed to take /vp/ as our main date. Final dance, kiss at the end of the night, all that jazz. /his/ is tagging along mostly as a bro with us with a chance of massive Roman orgy.
>>
>>50218348
You have to do right by /vp/, you can't just say "yes". Use those roleplay skills and those charisma points.
>>
>>50218366
Oh I know. We won't let you down /vp/. Just thought I'd let you know the current 's and clarify some things/set aside some worries.
>>
>>50218391
thanks for lookin out bby
>>
>>50218249
Dear /vp/,

In the interest of not starting any drama, I request that you either get your facts straight on what happened or don't include us in this story at all. An otherwise good piece of writefaggotry was detracted because of the author's hate boner for a certain board that he had to insert and make said board seem as bad as possible. So to reiterate, to avoid the drama, please either get the real events or don't include it at all.

With best regards,
/pol/

P.S. Good luck with /tg/
>>
File: tgandthetwins.jpg (441KB, 1300x1230px) Image search: [Google]
tgandthetwins.jpg
441KB, 1300x1230px
>>50218249
absolutely yes
>>
>>50218366
You heard him /tg/. Let's get those creativity caps on start making a response. Should we respond in story form as a direct continuation of their story from Teej's perspective? Perhaps we take a different route and write them a bardic ballad? Maybe we get lucky and a drawfag is generous enough to make a comic, oraybe we just continue our work on the grappling compendium from last year.
Turn on your cybernetic implants and chant your spell's because we've got a bitchin response to make.
>>
>>50216982
> /her/odotus, a living marble statue of an old ass roman dude
>roman
/tg/, it's like you want us to renounce our invitation.
>>
>>50218556
See >>50218226
>>
>>50218466
As a Kekist, I must witness these repeating numbers and give my Lord Kek thanks for this blessing. Please do not be alarmed, this is merely my culture and Kekism is a religion of peace. Now, back to your regular discussion.
>>
From what I've gathered, both /his/ and /vp/ have agreed to go with us. This is officially a group date between /his/, /tg/, and /vp/, with /his/ having asked both of the ither boards out. /vp/ sent us a short story which I am in the process of reading, but I'm assuming they're also asking out both the other boards.

Do i have everything correct so far? It seems like we're going to say yes to ths menage a trois.
>>
>>50218631
Almost. /vp/ is asking us and us alone. /his/ is asking them if they can join, a fact that is all but confirmed. The way it is looking right now is that Teej is taking Vanille and /His/toria wishes to go with Viol. Herodotus is gonna bro it up with Teej as we try to help him get better integrated in the house and possibly have a huge Roman orgy with everyone involved.
>>
>>50218585
Ah don't fret lad.
All's forgiven.
>>
>>50218544
I... had an idea a while back. It wasn't all that great, but it might work.

http://pokemonshowdown.com

This is an online Pokémon battle simulator that's pretty much the greatest bootlegged Pokémon battle stadium ever, letting you have competitive battles with your friends, so long as both of you have internet, a computer, and an account.

My original idea was to create a tabletop rpg that used this to resolve all battles, but it seemed too Vidya for /tg/. It might work now though as a gift to /vp/

Alternatively, why don't we ask them to build a team, we do the same, and we ask them through a Pokémon battle.
>>
>>50218704
Anon you are a god damn genius! While the Pokemon tabletop idea will be a great present for right before the dance, the Pokemon battle will work perfectly well! As it just so happens I play quite a bit of Pokemon myself. I'd be happy and honored to take the mantle of challenger.
>>
File: vp Vanille 2015.png (281KB, 574x879px) Image search: [Google]
vp Vanille 2015.png
281KB, 574x879px
>>50218704
i think thats a fine idea.
>>
>>50218756
We already have half the team canonically made. The other three would have to be voted and decided upon.

So far we have
>Dyce the Sableye
>Screech the Crobat
>Sir Bearing on the Ursaring.
>>
>>50218704
>Adderall-kun

I'd expect nothing less from the guy who made the Calvin and Hobbes RPG. When's the next iteration gonna come out anyway? The thread you published it in didn't get nearly the attention it deserved.
>>
>>50218772
I cast my vote for a Golurk named Golem 6b and a Leopard named Commissar Mittens.
>>
>>50218772
We. Need. Aegislash.
>>
>>50218772
I think our final three should be
>Aegislash
>Golurk
>Mega Gallade
>>
>>50218778
>Implying we're not going to name it Cat-o Sicarius instead.
>>
>>50218792
I agree with this anon on the final 3. We'd be stupid not to have Aegislash and Gallade. Golem 6b is also a well known story and Golurk could also represent our love of stealing from ancient cultures.
>>
Let's not get ahead of ourselves guys. We need to discuss this with /vp/. A Pokemon battle requires 2 people and we'll need to be synched up both time-wise and tier wise. I think we should ask them to make a team they feel represents their board as a whole instead of just facing a cookie cutter OU team and getting our shit pushed in.

Granted cookie cutter OU could very well be their decision as to what team they build. At least they'll have discussed smashing us into the ground.
>>
>>50218775
Probably within the next week. I've got some friends working on some peer review for it right now.

>>50218756
We should offer /vp/ the chance to choose the format of the battle. There's as many ways to have a Pokémon battle as there is to play M:tG.

Also, I request the game be live-streamed and recorded. A small part of me hopes /vp/ goes crazy with Showdown and creates the 4chan Poke-cup. This would be fun.
>>
>>50218845
Do you think this idea has garnered enough traction to be posted in their thread? I don't wish to make the request until we are sure this is the course of action we want to take.

Unfortunately I'll have to pass my mantle on to someone else as my computer is way too shitty to stream and record.
>>
>>50218792
>Mega
Pls no.
>>
>>50218871
Why not? He's the ultimate knight. he's perfect for us! He even a bad ass cape.
>>
>>50218855
I'm all for it, but I think we should wait until the /his/-/vp/ arrangements are made.
It is possible to have a 1v1v1 pokemon match right? At least in the cardgame it it.
>>
>>50218855
Let's have a few hours to discuss, then when we have the consensus let's make the request. Then the discussion becomes one of

A) Polling to find the right person to play for our board.

B) waiting for /vp/ to decide on gameplay so we can theory craft the game

C) homebrewing the RPG. Should be simple enough if I think about it... just take the existing Pokémon RPG, gut anything to do with battles, and work on an analogue system to allow EXP in the RPG to let you level your Pokémon in Showdown. The rest is guides for the GM to create "Balanced" Pokémon battles and award EXP and items, while making it enjoyable for multiple players.
>>
>>50218880
Nope, not in the vidya, or in Showdown. It's strictly 1v1.
>>
>>50218792
What about Garchomp?
>>
>>50218890
If we're having a Dragon on our team, it had better be a female Hydreigon named Tiamat.
>>
>>50218881
Alright that sounds like a plan.
I do think we should save the RPG system for a later gift. Perhaps right before the dance instead of rushing it out as a gift for the response. This gives us time to put a good amount of effort into it and make something awesome.
>>
>>50218901
>Not taking the most traditional looking dragon Salamence
>>
>>50218901
Skarmory?
I'd say escavalier, but that's one for /his/
>>
>>50218903
Exactly, which is why I think we should start working on it ASAP, knowing /tg/'s current track record for projects of this sort.

We don't get shit done as much anymore.
>>
>>50218926
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Tabletop_Adventures
You mean this?
>>
>>50218909
Oh fuck yeah Salamence is good.

So how about
>Sableye (maybe mega)
>Crobat
>Ursaring
>Aegislash
>Gallade (maybe mega)
>Salamence (maybe mega)
All in all I feel it's a pretty good team and covers most of our bases both flavor and mechanics-wise.
>>
>>50218920
Oh, and Aggron.
Call him siege rhino.
>>
>>50218926
I know of one system we can gut and that's Pokemon Tabletop United, an updated and much more balanced version of Pokemon Tabletop Adventures.
It shouldnt be too hard to scoop out the catching mechanics and cut out the combat. Plus it gives us room for classes for the trainers to be.
>>
>>50218940
I meant Rhyperior.
>>
>>50218934
This will probably change according to the methods /vp/ wants to play by. Perhaps when we ask we should ask for an advisor from /vp/ to come assist us when we make the request?
>>
>>50218940
Eh. Maybe as one stored in the box but I don't see it on his main team.
I think >>50218934 has the right idea.
>>
File: 1478988985719.jpg (271KB, 1485x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1478988985719.jpg
271KB, 1485x1148px
>>50216894
If we're going with His, I think it's a good time to bring back Tiji. It might even make more sense to focus on her this year, and leave male /tg/ for next year.
>>
>>50218947
That's probably be a good idea. We have a few trainers in here but he help of a master is sure to guide us down the right path. Let's just hope Showdown doesn't shut down to add in the new mona from the new game like it did last generation.
>>
File: 1409000147655.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1409000147655.gif
1MB, 250x250px
no one respond to the thing you know you shouldn't respond to.
>>
>>50218954
We already had a large discussion about this in the last thread and even had a poll. The results were that Teej is going to be used this year and 83% of people don't want two tans.

Of course even if we did it would be poor form and unfair to the dates we already have to introduce Tiji just before a large event like the ball.
>>
>>50217311
Oh, you're terrible.

Don't start playing the whole "anyone who wants to change anything is a shitposter" game again. You did that last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Let people have their fun and try out new things.
>>
>>50218976
That's stupid. The poll had only eighteen people say anything, so there's no real point in trying to pretend it was any major consensus.

You really need to stop using all these "tricks" to try and get your way, when all you're doing is hiding the way this thing works.

It's not a democracy. No one needs to listen to idea guys. There's no such thing as a general consensus. It's just people making stuff and having fun, and all you seem to want to do is stop people from making stuff and having fun.

There's nothing "unfair" about switching to Tiji this year, and it makes a lot mores sense if we're going with a board who's main board-tan is male.
>>
>>50218975
>>50218976
Why all this open hostility all the time? You guys are awful.
>>
Speaking of getting back to /vp/, we still haven't formally responded to /his/ at all either. Any ideas for cool shit we can do for them?
>>
>>50218994
>no one needs to listen to idea guys
>says the person trying to spitball a change in tans

You heard it from the source, lads. No need to listen to shitpost-kun anymore.
>>
I didn't think /vp/ would participate this year, with Sun/Moon coming out like next week. I know I'll be playing for a disgusting amount of hours. I'm glad they do, though.
>>
>>50219008
What is wrong with you?
No one needs to listen to your post either.
If people want a female /tg/, you should stop going to such lengths to stop them like arguing that anyone who wants to try is a shitposter.

You're practically evil. Could you imagine if the other boards had to deal with people like you? Always trying to anyone from doing anything aside from sticking to your personal head canon?
>>
>>50219001
Maybe ask historical wargames general?
>>
>>50219001
I was thinking we could make a campaign setting where a bunch of famous historical figures are ressurected and brought to a medieval/feudal setting to defeat a great and evil Sorcerer. You play as a historical figure of your choosing and venture across this strange yet familiar land solving problems and occasionally killing shit.
>>
>>50218975
No, fuck you. Stop trying to treat Tiji like it's a problem issue. You did that last year and scared away all the drawfags, and now it sounds like you want to do the same thing this year.
>>
>>50219024
>Could you imagine if the other boards had to deal with people like you?

I'm just visiting your board, but there are heaps of those people in every board

cunts will be cunts

loving /tg/ so far
>>
File: teej tg-tan 2015.png (328KB, 514x1110px) Image search: [Google]
teej tg-tan 2015.png
328KB, 514x1110px
>>50219028
Its got to be rasputin
he always pops up in the weirdest places.
>>
>>50219032
We try our best.
>>50219024
>If people want a female /tg/
But they don't, the popular vote is against you.
>>
>>50219054
>Neckbearded dragon
YES.
>>
>>50218954
Why not?
The big isssue is that Tiji hasn't even really been settled down yet, because last year a few people got really upset about the whole idea for some reason.
It's probably going to take some time to actually get the character built up, which also means we need a lot of drawfags hyped up and interested again.

>>50218976
Please, don't try to ruin this again this year. I really liked what was starting last year, and it's really unfair to just try and steer people away from it when it hasn't even started yet and we haven't seen just how good an idea it might be. In fact, just judging from last year's work, it's a really great idea, and I'd love to see more of it explored.
>>
>>50219054
Isn't there a Pathfinder Adventure where you have to go to Earth during WW1 and kill Rasputin?
I vote that the evil sorcerer is Rasputin's brain in a jar and that he's actually an incredibly powerful psionic. The final boss is the brain controlling a massive magic-powered mech suit.
>>
Sigh, I know you people enjoy your little ball because it makes up for nobody taking you to prom, but do we need to have this crap taking up space on the board every single year?

This isn't relevant to /tg/. Can't the ball have its own place to set these things up instead of infecting all the boards?
>>
>>50219066
That vote is less important than drawfags individual feelings.

Also, it was kind of a dumb poll, and wasn't even really about female /tg/. You're also mistating the results, which makes me convinced that you're really just trying to misuse polls to stop people from doing anything you dislike.

83% just said they only wanted one board tan instead of two. Stop trying to mislead people, especially since more than half the responses were that the board-tan needed an update.
>>
File: kill yourself.png (271B, 36x33px) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself.png
271B, 36x33px
>>50219122
thats what this is for

don't be a faggot
>>
>>50219132
One of the answers on the question was >We should have a girl-tan instead of Teej. It got one vote which I'm pretty sure was yours.
>>
>>50219101
I doubt they're trying to ruin anything, they're just sticking with the established -tan instead of trying to make up a new snowflake every time this event happens.

It's pretty embarassing honestly when even the meme boards are more consistent and upholding of tradition than we are.
>>
>>50219134
>if you don't like off-topic posts, just hide them!

Then why do we have seperate boards at all if that's the way to deal with off-topic?
>>
>>50219151
Anon, there are like 20 meme boards, they can't ALL be better than us.

RIght?
>>
Personally I'm fine with Tiji's existence through the magic of /d/'s gender-bending belt,but the "default" would be good ol' Teej
>>
File: fuck the police, im a commissar.png (223KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
fuck the police, im a commissar.png
223KB, 800x600px
>>50219088
yeah boi, last year we fleshed out some pets.

commissar mittens a best.
>>
>>50219109
shattered star.... i think? rules for machine guns and grenades, fun stuff.

>Rasputin's brain in a jar in mecha golem
and we're off to the races.
>>
>>50219185
Keep that brainstorming going anon. I've got to sleep because it's 4:30 in the morning but we shall definitely discuss this further tomorrow with the rest of the interested peeps.
Ciao friends. See you at 11:00!
>>
>>50216544
Goddamn we are sluts.
>>
>>50219024
>You're practically evil.
>Could you imagine if the other boards had to deal with people like you?

Not that anon but, holy shit, I'm sorry. I never realised it was despicable to disagree with someone on a Mongolian Fishing Trawler Pictorial website.
>>
>>50219185
Reign of Winter, actually. Involves a search for Baba Yaga, as well.

>>50219220
We can't help it if we're well-liked, anon.
>>
>>50216544
> Not inviting /qst/

Haha, just kidding. You faggots take this board way too seriously.
>>
>>50218954
I'm all for this!

We need more women represented in the medium anyways. Like, sane reasonable fun women, not "Muh SJW" boogyman.
>>
>>50219507
If you're going for that argument, I don't see how the personification of a mongolian cave painting board can actually achieve that.

It's up there with headcanoning characters as LGBT because apparently that makes them progressive
>>
>>50219319
What's evil is trying to turn anything you don't like into a problem issue. This isn't supposed to be a thing where a few people control what everyone does while pretending that everyone's allowed to contribute ideas.

If people want to explore an idea that you don't like, go work on the stuff you care about and leave them alone instead of demanding they should focus on your stuff.
>>
>>50218704
Fun fact: using Showdown (or other battle sims) as the method of resolving RP battles is not...actually the best idea in the world, because it means that the players who are best at competitive battling win every damn time and everyone else either has to learn DAMN fast or loses constantly to the others. It also means people try to go for the usual OU fuckers instead of using stuff that fits the characters, because they don't want to lose horribly because someone ELSE went for one of them.
That said, Tier Shift helps with the latter problem a shitload.
>>
>>50219168
Yeah, im with you there. I don't see why she can't be a character in the """canon""". Both /co/ and /d/ have characters like Colette and Deleete (or how they spell it.)
But i'd never want to remove Teej.
>>
>>50220280
I really don't like the whole gender change thing.
It's pretty awkward and fetishy, and detracts from both characters.
>>
>>50220280
From the poll, most people were dissatisfied with the old /tg/ character. While you're fine to go ahead and make stuff with that character, I think it's a good chance to let people go ahead and experiment with new stuff.
>>
>>50219488
>wanting to date our daughter
Goddammit Slaanesh.
>>
Wait are we still arguing over this?
Can we at least try to reach a comprimise?
>>
>>50221504
"Let people do what they want" is a fair compromise. The only thing we should be discouraging is people discouraging each other.
>>
A female /tg/ would be cool, but I don't think this year. From what I'm reading it looks like we already have stuff planned out sort of with /vp/ and /his/, and it would be rude to spring this up and try and get a new character involved. Plus, Teej is with Vanille, Viol hanging with historia and Herodotus being a bro to talk about Roman orgies with I don't see where she'd fit into this.
>>
>>50221608
Nothings really been planned out yet, it's barely been two days. All this "STOP STOP STOP" business really is getting annoying, no matter how politely you pretend to be about it.
>>
>>50221608
If you want a female /tg/, make one
Just don't expect people to repost/propogate it if they don't like it
>>
>>50218704
Brilliant! I'm a sucker for novel resolution mechanics. It's the perfect gift too, since it would make a great way for Pokemon fans to get into P&P. I'm guessing since we're offloading all the fight mechanics onto Showdown the rest of the system is going to be extremely light?
>>
>>50216932
>who insisted they ask us this year to show how much they love us
Cute!
>>
File: 136248353965.jpg (82KB, 1057x895px) Image search: [Google]
136248353965.jpg
82KB, 1057x895px
Excuse me, Commissar, why does that Baneblade have a tree on it's back if it doesn't have a proper ecosystem to sustain plant life?
>>
>>50219029
It is a problem issue, because or people like

>>50218984
>>50218998
>>50219024
>>50219029

shitting up the thread whenever this is brought up.

>You did that last year and scared away all the drawfags
Drawfags are human beings, not sparrows. Anyone who wants to draw fem/tg/ can and will do so regardless of what anyone else says.
>>
>>50219878
If that's how people want to play it's how they want to play. No one is stopping you from doing it differently. Plus, it's aimed at /vp/ so the differences aren't going to be as massive as they would be otherwise
>>
>>50221807

Ok, so here's where it might get a little tricky. As I see it we need the following:

-Stats for Trainers. Mainly to resolve physical hazards, social interaction, and everything the Player does outside of battle. I'd probably suggest something d6 based in order to account for new RPG players acquiring materials. Probably not dice pool based so as to avoid complications involving gathering 20d6.

-method to create balanced encounters. This is going to be pretty damn hard.

-leveling mechanics. We need a way to translate simple XP increase to all that EV, IV, and other stat assignment while leveling your Pokémon.

-Random Encounter tables by Environment and region.

-methods for using pokemon moves outside of combat. Needn't be too complicated, just translate pokemons stat to a relevant dice roll, and make a skill check. Maybe do this as rules for Pokémon Pageants and Competitions.

The rest is just the GM giving out Items and EXP.
>>
>>50222034
That's distinctly unfair. You're marking the people who are tired of people shitting things up, rather than the people who they are replying to, which started shitting things up just because someone suggested an idea.

Those people seem desperate to make this thing an issue, and it shouldn't be. That's why you, and them, need to stop getting upset and trying to make a problem out of people wanting to move in a different direction than the ones you want to move in.

Seriously. Stop trying to make this a problem issue, and stop defending the people who are trying their damnedest to make it one as well.
>>
>>50222157
Just wanted to note my experiences with doing similar, is all.
>>
>>50222621
If you feel this strongly about the subject then please, please make a new thread for it. If you want to have a discussion with the other people of /tg/ and get their opinions you will not be able to do so in a thread for the winter ball. After all you know the position of the people here amd it doesn't look like.youre changing their mind. Tiji is an important enough decision that she warrants her own thread isn't it?
>>
How about we formally respond to /his/ with a version of 40k's history written like ye olde writings such as the illiad.
>>
>>50222572
>-Stats for Trainers. Mainly to resolve physical hazards, social interaction, and everything the Player does outside of battle. I'd probably suggest something d6 based in order to account for new RPG players acquiring materials. Probably not dice pool based so as to avoid complications involving gathering 20d6.
Agreed. D6's make the barrier of entry as low as possible
>-method to create balanced encounters. This is going to be pretty damn hard.
>-leveling mechanics. We need a way to translate simple XP increase to all that EV, IV, and other stat assignment while leveling your Pokémon.
I'd love to be involved with this, but unfortunately I'm really not the right person to ask for these. I played Gen1-3, but only casually. The first part might not be quite as hard for a GM who knew the games really well, but I can see the 2nd quickly causing the crunch to spiral out of control, given this is supposed to be a light game aimed at beginners
>-Random Encounter tables by Environment and region.
The campaigns will use the same maps as the games, right? Have them role a d6 every ____ while in a wild pokemon area and have them fight on a 1 (or maybe 6). Base the tables on the encounter rates from the games (Bulbapedia gives exact percentages, it looks like), compile them into a spreadsheet, and use a 1-100 RNG (or d100, if they own one). It'll be time consuming, but anyone can do it. I can definitely contribute, although I doubt I can do more than one continent before the ball if I'm on my own
>-methods for using pokemon moves outside of combat. Needn't be too complicated, just translate pokemons stat to a relevant dice roll, and make a skill check. Maybe do this as rules for Pokémon Pageants and Competitions.
How about 3d6+0.1(relevant stat) against a target number?
>>
>>50223336
I say we write something... Orky. Who wants to re-write the Illiad in the same manner as the following:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/"Da_Tragedy_of_Hamlet,_boss_of_Denmark"_by_Shake-da-boss-pole
>>
>>50223344
>I can see the 2nd quickly causing the crunch to spiral out of control, given this is supposed to be a light game aimed at beginners
How about you get a number of points to spend depending on the level of your Pokemon? That way competitive players aren't 100% blowing the others out of the water and it's a lot easier for us to design a simple table. The level growth doesn't have to be consistent as long as the end result has 508 points in total to spend at max level.
IV's I say we should just keep 30/31 for simplicities sake.
>>
>>50223422
>Orks rewriting the Illiad
>All the parts that don't have violence are with cut out or gain violence
>"Odisseeus revved da def coptah again and again but da engine wuddent start"
Fund it.
>>
>>50223470
This sounds wise. Although again, I'm not the right person to ask. I say we stick with this approach for now
>>
>>50223529
>>50223422
This. We need this now.
>>
>>50223809
>The Cyclops is a massive Daemon Prince of Khorne
>The Orks tell him their name is Corn
>None of the other Daemon Princes come to help him because Khorne obviously wants his ass dead.
>>
>>50218775
>>50218704
>>50223422
Does every damn thing you touch turn into /tg/ gold?!?!
>>
>>50223529
>>50223422
I third this idea.
>>
File: happyasaclampearl.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
happyasaclampearl.png
1MB, 800x800px
Oh geez, it's that time of year already

I've always wanted to draw for one of these, but every time I attempt to draw humans, I just cant do it. It also means I never get better drawing them, but hey, to get good, I guess I have to start somewhere!
Looking forward to what wonderful writefaggotry we will produce this year.
>>
File: 1456572002336.jpg (221KB, 981x659px) Image search: [Google]
1456572002336.jpg
221KB, 981x659px
>>50226601
I got the pokemon art academy 'game' on 3ds
It was pretty okay
But still can't draw humans for shit. It mostly taught me that you can kinda hide shitty drawings by adding colours
Maybe I need the disney art academy
>>
File: 1478811316709.jpg (75KB, 260x307px) Image search: [Google]
1478811316709.jpg
75KB, 260x307px
>>50226670
Pokemon Art academy was fun to finish.
Practice is the only way sadly.
>>
>>50216544
So.... We're playing a game based off of Butcher's Codex Alera correct? Because that's /tg/ in a /vp/his/ world.
>>
>>50216982
>>50217018
Why can't /his/ just make it delicious Elagabalus and be a trap? /tg/ don't judge.
>>
>>50216544
>Winter Ball
Can someone explain to me what this is?
Google provides nothing except links to threads on other boards talking about it
>>
File: 1460657044290.png (188KB, 901x694px) Image search: [Google]
1460657044290.png
188KB, 901x694px
>>50227105
A few boards pair up and make some OC together
Or intensify shitposting to extreme proportions. Depends who you pair up with
>>
File: current tg playlist.png (16KB, 532x336px) Image search: [Google]
current tg playlist.png
16KB, 532x336px
I'm working on our playlist right now, I need more /tg/-related music! Pic related is what I have currently.
>>
>>50227182
Would "Never Split the Party" be appropriate? Also, if we're feeling a little more punk, 3d6 and better nerd punk bands might be an option.
>>
>>50227303
Link the music then, so I can get them on the playlist
>>
>>50223031
Stop trying to make this just your thing.
>>
Never Split the Party:
https://youtu.be/waa2ucfgVgQ

Whore of Enterprise D by 3d6:
https://youtu.be/ySH7JmkFaFE

Glamazon by 3d6:
https://youtu.be/y0iHzES8W3o

Freaking the Mundanes:
https://youtu.be/6s5KtpQV_ns

Quality of 3d6 is subjective.
>>
>>50227456
>>50227312
>>
>>50227456
Added
>>
>>50227182
Time Stands Still On the Iron Hill - Blind Guardian.
https://youtu.be/3aB6CPyO0Ww

The Bard's Song - Blind Guardian
https://youtu.be/u_tORtmKIjE
>>
Alright I think we're good to go on the front of accepting /vp/'s invitation with a Pokemon battle but any last minute concerns or suggestions before posting in their thread?
>>
>>50227629
Make Sure to link to Pokemon Showdown.

Remember to ask for an Advisor. We need all the help we can get to make this fun for /vp/(Actually put up a fight)

Take care of Hygiene before we ask, I hate it when we have to socialize and our hair looks too greasy.
>>
>>50227629
Link the thread back here.
>>
>>50227598
Added. If anyone has some sci-fi/warhammer related music, I need it. The playlist only has The Song of Lust right now.
>>
>>50228090
The Imperial Guard Song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJNz2QgSNsk
>>
File: Mimikyu.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mimikyu.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
thinking of writing some short stories with Teej and the twins in the build up to Sun and Moon coming out this week. Considering a larger project not directly related to the upcoming Ball but involving the prominent boards associated with both /tg/ and /vp/.

Being only /tg/ for a few things and mostly just lurking every few months, could I get some help from a more knowledgeable source for finding an equivalent to Mimikyu in mechanics in tabletops/games in general? I want Teej to discuss what it reminds him of without looking like an idiot.

>It's a creature that hexes anyone who sees its true form so it disguises itself like a mimic in order to lure people in (only the reason it lures people in isn't to curse them, it's to befriend them because its lonely)
>personally makes its own disguise based on something beloved by other people
>has an ability where the first hit the Pokemon takes doesn't damage it, it just breaks the disguise (the opponent attacks the head when the body is the actual creature
>can comfortably set up the first turn to raise stats needed to become a bigger threat
>can still hold a focus sash to keep from being 1 shot with the disguise broken
>can be freely switched in to not be hit by normal, fighting, and dragon type moves (so paladins, monks, and dragons?)
>weak to ghosts and steel
>hits pretty hard physically and is capable of sucking the life out of an opponent to regain health
>is cute as hell
>>
>>50228090
Pink Floyd's Interstellar Overdrive is pretty good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o2sA0vpA-4

This is the only recording of an otherwise improvised song where Pink FLoyd tried to evoke cosmic noise using their instruments, back during their Psychedelic era. It's Pretty epic in its own right.
>>
>>50227875
Welp I did my best guys. They didn't have a thread up so I improvised.
>>>/vp/29895117
>>
>>50228230
Teej looks way more epic than he has any right to be. I love it.
>>
File: Apallie.jpg (959KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Apallie.jpg
959KB, 1256x1631px
>>50228201
It's not exactly a classic monster, but Pathfinder has the Apallie.
>>
>>50227182
I know we have a song by Alestorm, but Kvaoning is a pirate metal cover of an Icelandic metal song, so we could just cover all of our bases right there.
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R5b5w_pkPY
>>
>>50227182
Skeletons are /tg/, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-ZGAGcJrk
>>
>>50227182
Can we say the Protomen is /tg/ related?
>>
>>50228380
Fuck yeah bud. Light Up the Night is /tg/ as fuck.
>>
>>50227182
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WDRxtd-2dQ
We're going to make everyone sad, and it will be worth it, goddamn it.
>>
>>50228394
The only hard part is deciding which of their songs is the best.
>>
>>50228394
Shit, I need to add light up the night, thanks for reminding me.

>>50228330
>>50228349
>>50228400
Added
>>
>>50228287
so what do players think of it? Is it a poor tortured creature just trying to get by, or is it a dirty scoundrel trying to masquerade as something it's not? I'm assuming something more along the lines of the former, but I dunno if they're particularly tricky and dangerous to encounter like a chest mimic.
>>
>>50228478
Well it isn't a particularly strong monster at only CR2 but it could be a fun and tricky encounter. Nothing serious though like aforementioned chest mimic or the living floors, roofs and walls from the older editions.
>>
/vp/'s initial response:

Hey teej. Thanks for the heads up. With regards to rules, no legendaries, no genies, RU tier on showdown.

How about we do a custom game where each board puts together a team that best represents them? That way it's a bit more low-powered and it'll be a lot of fun making a canon team for Vanille and Viol, three Pokemon each.
>>
So can someone spell it out so that even an idiot can understand. As far as I can see it's just /vp/, /his/, and /tg/ all together to the ball.
>>
>>50228230
Does Pokémon Showdown allow for custom Pokémon? Can we have a team of D&D monsters?

>Rust Monster
>Steel
>Ability: Rusting Grasp (Draws in all Steel-type moves to boost its Speed stat)
>Item: Eviolite (Raises the holder's Defense and Special Defense by 50% if the holder is not fully evolved.)
>Dragon Dance
>Earthquake
>Fire Fang
>Revenge

>Beholder
>Psychic/Flying
>Ability: Eyes Open (Changes form depending on how it battles)
>Item: Safety Goggles (Grants the holder immunity to weather-related damage and powder moves.)
>Hyper Beam
>Telekinesis
>Yawn
>Antimagic Eye
>>
>>50228943
Pretty much. To get in the nitty gritty details /tg/ is taking Vanille, /vp/ 's girl-tan, and broing it up with /his/'s male-tan /her/odotus. /his/'s girl-tan /his/toria is taking /vp/'s male twin Viol since they're around the same age.
>>
>>50228954
Not as far as I'm aware. We could make movements and give abilities already existing Pokemon don't get normally but creating anything new isn't possible as far as I know.
>>
>>50228943
Teej and Vanille are going together, as an actual couple, but Herodotus is coming along for the ride, because he's a bro, however, if things get a little spicy, he'll turning this into a full on Roman Orgy, especially if /d/ joins in.
>>
>>50229017
Yeah, not possible. We do have to wait for /vp/ to decide on tiers before we can solidify our team, and then we'll hopefully get a hand from them to make it a challenge.
>>
>>50228725
I can autism up a team if we need one based off what tier they do. We can keep it in theme best we can.
>>
>>50229131
Same here. I'm hoping they do the custom game suggestion but I'd be fine with any tier UU or below.
>>
>>50229196
Obviously we want a team with a Ghost and Steel type as our core. Probably a Dragon too, but those are more rare in lower tiers
>>
>>50229233
So far our preliminary team for the custom match scenario is
Sableye (mega?)
Aegislash
Gallade (mega?)
Salamence
Ursaring
Crobat

I'm no expert but I'd say it's a pretty balanced and solid team. A good mix of tiers, no glaring weaknesses and flavorful as fuck.
>>
>>50229277
Eh, I feel like something that is one Pokemon from each tier might be better. Also Escavalier is the Knight Pokemon, don't forget them.
>>
>>50229277
We need to name them, right? Or at least the ones that haven't been named yet, right?
>>
>>50229021
>>50228986
you do know that the greeks embraced more... open ended relationships, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_ancient_Greece
>>
>>50229335
Sableye is UU, OU if we have mega
Aegislash is ubers
Gallade is RU, OU if we have mega
Mence is OU
Ursaring is PU (lowest tier)
Crobat is UU

Seems to be pretty spread around the tiers.
While I really like Escavalier, I feel he's the black knight to Gallade's white knight and lets be honest /tg/, we're all white knights.

>>50229365
We'll name them one we have a finalized team. The only ones that have names so far are the Sableye (Dyce), the Ursaring (Sir Bearington), and the Crobat (Screech)
>>
>>50229473
I say Sableye be the mega. You can have /tg/ without white knights, but you can't have it without Dice.
>>
>>50229473
Weren't we going to add a Golurk named Golem 6b to the team? Where does he tier?
>>
>>50229496
Golurk is NU.
>>
>>50229496
Golurk is NU, the tier above PU. He was originally on the team but was replaced by Salamence. You can't have a /tg/ team without a dragon and mence was the one that looked most like a traditional western dragon.

>>50229492
I agree whole-heartedly.
>>
>>50229517
Also don't forget to have Ursaring have the good ol Guts + Toxic Orb set for Facade.
>>
All this talk of Pokemon battling reminds me of that anon's story from last year where Teej and Viol fought.
Does anyone have a link to the pastebin from last year so I can reread it?
>>
>>50229541
>>50229517
Making a preliminary team right now based on >>50229473
We don't have much for utility mons but we are also missing a strong special attacker. Do we want Mega Sableye to be supporty with Knock Off or do we want him to be a set-up sweeper with Calm Mind and Shadow Ball?
>>
>>50229594
Supporty. Also can't Mence or Aegislash act as a special attackers? We can have Crobat with defog.
>>
>>50229608
Aegislash is a good option. From my experience Mence is usually a physical attacker with a special move for wall-breaking but Aegislash could definitely work as a special attacker.
>>
>>50229652
Yeah, go for it. Gallade is the real mystery for me.
>>
OK, so I guess I'll take the initiative and get started on /vp/'s gift. I'll get a design thread up and running first thing tomorrow.

Any suggestions for a name?
>>
>>50229683
Balls and Berries? Or is "D&D parody name" thing too overdone at this point?
>>
>>50229710
Balls: The Berrening
>>
>>50229710
>>50229683
I like this one.

>>50229671
I was thinking of running him as our scarfer.
>>
>>50229718
What about Balls: The Catchening?
>>
>>50229729
That can work. Our team is pretty heavy on physical damage, so we just need to hope they don't have too many physical walls.
>>
>>50229741
I like this one better
It could be edgy grimdark catch
>>
>>50229710
>>50229718
>>50229741

How about
'Mon and Masterballs

Or

Pokémon: the Very Best.
>>
>>50229744
Do we go for maximum keks and give him trick or should we just slap earthquake or ice punch on him and call it a day?
>>
>>50229752
>Pokemon: The Very Best
sounds fun
found the theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTte01kdG_k
>>
>>50229473
>pretty spread around the tiers
Well yeah. Why would /tg/ be a smogonfag?
>>
Okay, so Balls and Berries, 'Mon and Masterballs, or Pokémon: The Very Best?
>>
>>50229866
Pokemon: The Very Best.
>>
>>50229866
THE BEST
THE BEST
THE BEST
THE BEST OF YOOOOOU
Pokemon: The Very Best pleas
>>
>>50229866
I really liked Balls: The Catchening...

Oh well. I vote The Very Best
>>
>>50229541
I was thinking of giving him Quick Feet instead and making him a late game sweeper.
Do we give Sir Bearington Swords Dance for the raw damage or Protect to guarantee the Toxic Orb goes off?
>>
File: tg vs vp preliminary team.jpg (406KB, 1290x642px) Image search: [Google]
tg vs vp preliminary team.jpg
406KB, 1290x642px
Here's a pre-/vp/ coached version of the possible team. How's it looking so far?
>>
>>50230205
I feel like we should make one of them shiny, just for kicks, but only if it improves aesthetic or flavor of the team.
>>
>>50230237
Salamence's shiny is green which is more associated with western dragons then blue is.
>>
>>50230205
What is the purpose of Crobat? doesn't seem very /tg/ related.
>>
>>50230205
>not Mr.Mime named Clownbane
>>
>>50230277
Vanille bred it for him as a present last year. It's become one of the 3 closest to him and has a million fucking kids that constantly love to swarm him.
>>
>>50230205
>Rubilax
Perfect

Not sure if Trogdor fits though,sure he's the burninator but he's not that /tg/-related innit
>>
>>50230309
I was gonna call him Smaug but I felt that we could pick a better name for him.
>>
>>50230319
We could call it Errol.

Or use a female one and call her Sybil
>>
>>50230333
Errol could work. We'll use that as a placeholder for now.
>>
>>50230205
>Donovan Graham
My fucking nigga.
>>
File: Donovan Graham, Paladin +.png (171KB, 1546x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Donovan Graham, Paladin +.png
171KB, 1546x1250px
>>50230205
>Donovan Graham
Hella
>>
File: tg's date with s, d, and x.jpg (160KB, 1283x849px) Image search: [Google]
tg's date with s, d, and x.jpg
160KB, 1283x849px
>>50217196
>/vp/ and /x/
Is that what happened last year?

We've done better.
>>
>>50227182
Visigoth - Dungeon Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oclDVweTR4
>>
>>50230448
We wen't with /vp/ as our official date. /x/ was tired of getting pestered and sockpuppeted by /pol/ so we offered them the chance to come with us as a tag-along and friend. Her and viol hit it off fairly well and they decided to go as Viol's date.
/vp/ absolutely loved her and we got a fuck-load of good oc of the gang. My favorite piece of writefaggotry was the group solving a Scooby Doo mystery.
>>
File: list 2.png (26KB, 537x508px) Image search: [Google]
list 2.png
26KB, 537x508px
>>50228330
Actually, scratch that. For some reason I can't add it to my playlist. I think it's the ð character that's messing it up.

Current List pictured
>>
>>50230721
What program are you using for your playlist?
>>
>>50230761
If it's just googling, I think typing Alestorm-Kvaoning would do the trick.
>>
Alright, guys, /vp/ isn't going to play nice against us, but they've discussed and have decided that if another board manages to beat them at their own game, then that's considered grounds for declaring /tg/ their soulmate.

So the real question is, how much do we want to get with /vp/?

Pros:
-They get strategy, game balance, and the importance of
-They have *just* as much interest/hate towards monstergirls and beastfolk as we do.
-they understand the importance of a good story, and how to fix their own lore(remove Ash from the anime and will openly admit that Digimon did it better story-wise)
-could be persuaded to tabletop using various board games, including our gift to them.

Cons:
-might be way more into the kinky stuff than we give them credit for.
-have to deal with /v/ as our brother in-law.
-childish at times
-it means that we've given up on /x/ once and for all.
-still fairly vidya

Thoughts?
>>
>>50230780
I wanna get with /vp/ so bad it isn't even funny. They are the reason I look forward to the winter ball and with the twins turning 17 it isn't nearly as weird to have us dating Vanille. I've been pushing for this since the day the first piece of fan art came out.
>>
>>50230793
I wanna get with /vp/ so bad it isn't even funny. They are the reason I look forward to the winter ball and with the twins turning 17 it isn't nearly as weird to have us dating them. I've been pushing for this since the day the first piece of fan art came out.
Plus the twins are fucking adorable.
>>
File: 1479104378635-vp.png (548KB, 800x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1479104378635-vp.png
548KB, 800x1035px
>>50230821
Seconding the adorable twins factor.
>>
>>50230793
We've been pretty much playing chicken with them for the past two years. I say we stop being such fucking cockteases and go all out.
>>
>>50230839
dat Farmer's tan
>>
>>50230877
Holy fuck I never even noticed that until now. I must have seen this picture a hundred times.
>>
>>50230761
I've been building the playlist on plugdj in preparation. Private videos and titles with special characters don't show up in the search.
>>
>>50230877
>>50230887
What do you expect? They spend all their time outdoors hunting for wild 'mon, and only until very recently learned how to change their outfits.
>>
>>50230920
Makes you wonder. All that walking around and going through dangerous terrain to find rare Pokemon must make the twins /fit/ as fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them had abs or at least incredibly nice asses.
>>
>>50230965
They have maxed out EVs in Attack and Speed
>>
>>50230974
It's good to know they didn't skip leg day.
>>
>>50230793
Fuck yes! I honestly couldn't think of anyone I'd rather be with. I vote we go hard at this Pokemon battle and claim both the victory and their hearts.
>>
>>50230793
I say yes, but thats a huge thing and maybe would require a vote.

but absolutely yes, i love /vp/
>>
>>50230793
Hell yeah
Come on, we're a board of minmaxers, we can do this!
>>
>>50231064
Did someone say vote?
I'd be happy to whip up another poll for you guys before I go to bed. Gimme a few minutes to finish making my coffee and I'll get started.
>>
>>50231078
poll anon, you are, the best.
>>
>>50231064
I concur, I like /vp/ a lot too. /x/ is but a shambling corpse now. While it was good while it lasted, the time has come to move on.
>>
>>50231078
>Making kawfee
>before bed
Are you so hyped that you need more energy to calm down?
>>
>>50231097
Might have ADHD. We process caffeine differently, the same way Adderall calms us down and gets us to focus, but will wire normies. I've chugged a Monster in order to get to sleep at night.
>>
>>50231112
I getcha. Though I always thought that was from me mainlining soda pops and just getting used to it.
>>
Here's the poll guys. For the record I'm voting for yes since I can't vote in my own poll.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSems3zrP9ADH5g4q4uv_3kgkKbnEb96ei5MPtOmk7KHOOLYKw/viewform

>>50231097
Not quite anon. It's decaf. I just like the taste.
>>
File: 185px-Guards-Guards-cover.jpg (29KB, 185x285px) Image search: [Google]
185px-Guards-Guards-cover.jpg
29KB, 185x285px
>>50230205
>>50230333
>>50230348
>>
>>50231146
>THANKS
>>
>>50231146
Nice game
>>
>>50231155
Bingo.

Gonna honour Pterry
>>
>>50231170
>>50231174
It's my pleasure guys. Anytime you need a poll just say so and I'll come running.

So far a 100% yes to courting /vp/ but there's only been a few votes. I'll leave the poll open overnight and check back in the morning.

Anything else we need to vote on before I hit the sack?
>>
>>50231188
I think we're good, thanks again pollsterino.
>>
>>50231146
>>50231188
>https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSems3zrP9ADH5g4q4uv_3kgkKbnEb96ei5MPtOmk7KHOOLYKw/viewform
>we know necromancy
But is it good necromancy?
>>
>>50231202
Anytime broham. Anytime.

>>50231204
That depends on the system you're using anon. Necromancy is inherently evil if you studied the popular D&D school but if you've branched out it may not be so bad.
>>
File: the caretaker.png (796KB, 1912x4838px) Image search: [Google]
the caretaker.png
796KB, 1912x4838px
>>50231227
Honestly I'm pretty sure we're the caretaker at this point.
>>
File: 1479111113155.jpg (218KB, 1100x840px) Image search: [Google]
1479111113155.jpg
218KB, 1100x840px
>>50231227
So then what necromancy is happening in pic related?
>>
>>50231299
The kind where we storm in and take /his/, /vp/, and /x/ into a foursome
>>
>>50231299
You must be confused anon. That is not Necromancy, that is summoning. Granted there is a very fine line between the two when it comes to ghosts but only summoners have to bind the spirit to a summoning circle like those two have before commanding them.
>>
Having a hard time sleeping so I'll give you guys an update on the /vp/ poll.

20 votes total so far. A bit above average for every other poll we've done so far.

95% Hell yes! We've been alluding to it for two years, now it's time to put our money where our mouth is and follow through!

5% I want to pursue /x/. The corpse is still fresh and we know necromancy.

Looks like the answer to this one is pretty clear to see.
>>
File: 1478024586257.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478024586257.gif
2MB, 300x300px
Playlist Anon Signing off for the night, I'll add everyone's song suggestions in the morning!
>>
>>50222572
I suggest taking a look at PTU and Pokerole, to see how they handle shit. I don't know the systems, only that they exist.
>>
Guys we should allude to our courtship in the Pokemon battle somehow. Challenging them with an entire team of Luvdisc and claiming it was a mistake, giving all of our mons attract, that sort of thing.
>>
>>50231779
Would these luvdiscs be male or female? This is important?
>>
>>50231867
Four female, two male
>>
>>50231901
A defensive team huh? Them males better be top tier sweepers.
Fagboi, why are we attracting Viol?
>>
>>50231931
[Spoiler]Vanille is the main goal. Viol comes along as a package deal so we have to make sure he feels right at home too.[/spoiler]plus he's a little fagboy
>>
>>50231931
fuck I just realized the purpose of the question. The Luvdisc genders.should be reversed.
>>
>>50231972
Too late. I'm sure /his/ will appreciate what you're doing.
>>
>>50231776
PTU is mostly fine. I GM a game with it and while character sheets take my players a bit to figure out (being more complex than they're used to but not impossible), the main drag is combat. With Pokemon being considered just slightly less skilled players, with even just 3 players and a full team, you're managing fights against an effective force of 21 PCs. And the only way to make combat challenging is a big boss fight or massive hordes of enemies that drag out combat when the players are not into that. But avoiding combat for the sake of player enjoyment hurts it aswell because players itch to show off their new catches and want conflict. Just without it taking 2 hours to fight through an easy gym.

plus GM tools kinda suck, but I'm probably not the best at leveraging them to the best extent. Takes awhile to generate teams of Pokemon on the fly without the stats getting fucked into either min-maxing or all defense investment with no attack or speed.
>>
>>50230205
So who is going to do the actual battling? Or are we gonna have a war counsel?
>>
>>50232294
PTU has fun ideas, but making a challenging fight is a pain. Since Bosses need to be strong enough to handle fighting 3-4 Pokemon at once even with minions, and the fight will still be in the PC's favor due to have up to 5 Pokemon in reserve. I love the idea of PTU though, so I'm determined to make it work.
>>
>>50231972
>>50231931
>>50231901
>>50231867
>>50231779

Anom, this is /vp/ we're talking about. The biggest romantic gesture we can make is taking the time and effort to design a good team that will put up a tough fight against them, because it shows that we put the effort into learning their game and developing a solid strategy.
>>
>>50233217
Sooooo...
We're gonna try to out-minmax the smogonfags?
>>
File: 600px-678Meowstic.png (180KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-678Meowstic.png
180KB, 600x600px
>>50218793

We should have a Meowstic named Sicarius.

The bugger's already blue to begin with. Granted, it's a more Storm Wardens-ish color, but hey it's a goddamned blue cat.
>>
>>50233318
I have a better question. Why do we not have a Delphox, the literal wizard Pokémon? Better yet, why do we not have a male Delphox with a cowardly nature named Rincewind?
>>
>>50233533
Because it will trigger /vp/
>>
>>50233252
Guys, /vp/ wants us as much as we want them, all we have to do is not screw this up.

/vp/ will be giving about 75%, so we give our %100, and build a solid team, and we'll at least make it interesting. That probably means learning how to use Aegislash like the Uber he is.
>>
>>50233721
Toxic Stall
>>
Morning guys. I'm back with the final results of the poll.

With a score of 27 yes to 1 no, I think it's save to say that this is something we all really want. I wish you all the best in your courtship endeavors. Now I shall recede back into the shadows until my skills are needed once more.
>>
>>50232342
I'm casting my vote for the anon who made the preliminary team here >>50230205 It seems pretty good as is and that's without any help from /vp/. He obviously knows what he's doing.
>>
>>50233721
Aegislash is only an Uber because he's too strong for OU. If there was a tier between the two, he'd go there. I think the set we have there is fine. Weakness Policy will catch them off guard, especially the fact that it is mainly a special attacking Aegislash.
>>
File: 1478281427624.gif (836KB, 317x320px) Image search: [Google]
1478281427624.gif
836KB, 317x320px
>>50234472
It begins.
>>
>>50216544
weit, we gone be in a threesome?
>>
>>50234704
/his/ and /vp/ both have two tans anon. We could go for a fivesome with just us three boards?
>>
>>50233533
Delphox doesn't wear a pointy hat.
>>
>>50234704
>>50234729
/her/odotus is coming along as a Bro, albeit a Roman bro, and it may or may not go full Roman Orgy. However, /vp/ is our real date.
>>
>>50234525
Should we rename our Aegislash to +6 sword, instead?
>>
>>50234472
Guys, does this mean we have to ask /v/ for his blessing to date his daughter?
>>
>>50234835
I quite like the name Rubilax but if it is changed how about Holy Avenger?
>>
>>50234842
I always thought /vp/ was their younger sibling.
>>
>>50234899
Right, right. I forgot about that. I say we try to get /vr/'s blessing instead. He seems.like the cool uncle.
>>
>>50234835
Nah,keep Rubilax.
Wakfu's pretty /tg/
>>
File: 1413168807560.gif (4MB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1413168807560.gif
4MB, 440x440px
Okay. /x/ here.

Yeah i know we have a history but ntherless we would like to join your hare... I mean your party.

And we could play Arkham Horror or some other Cthulhu game after the ball!
>>
>>50234989
Hmm. While we are probably be fine with it, you'd better go ask /vp/ and /his/ first. It's their opinions that matter the most. If either one of them say no then I'm afraid we will have to decline.
>>
>>50234835
/tg/ loves wakfu, we shold keep rubliax
>>
>>50235024
this
>>
>>50235024
>>50235469
Seems like we got a foursomedate:
>>>/his/1957208
>>>/vp/29907315
>>
>>50234989
/her/adontus needs a date.
There are loads of historical spooky scary stuff right? Like that ufo in that picture of the virgin mary.
>>
>>50234989
>>50235506
Alright, I begrudgingly accept this, but we keep in mind that /vp/ is who we're pursuing now, and we keep /x/ at arms length. Unless /her/odotus' Roman Orgy happens.
>>
>>50235506
Well if they're both OK with it then welcome to our adventuring party /x/! I'm sure we'll have a swell time just like last year. If you want someone to call a date I'm pretty sure /his/ still has Herodotus open if you don't mind animated statues of ancient Greek historians.
>>
>>50235608
That sounds right up /x/'s alley
>>
I realise this may be a sensitive topic, but could someone give me a rundown of the /tg/x/ relationship?
>>
>>50235870
This is from the 1d4chan page. It seems a little out of date, a year at most, but gets the point across.

/x/ and /tg/ grew close over a shared interest in lovecraftian horror. When /b/ invaded her room, shitting up the place like a wild monkey, /tg/ offered to let /x/ stay with him. /x/ and /tg/ started dating then, and things were good. For a while, anyway. /tg/ helped clean up her room after /b/ left, and /x/ seemed to be in a better mental state with him. It didn't last though. /x/ started to fall apart, her own psychological issues compounded by exposure to /b/. After a long downward spiral in their relationship, one terminal fight broke out, ending the whole thing. /tg/ was angry that she was hanging out with /b/, /x/ was angry with /tg/ for being a dick about who she hangs with, and /x/ dumped him. /tg/ was initially angry, but mostly just sad at these events. /x/ has made a turn for the worse recently, and /tg/'s just upset that there's nothing he can really do about it.
>>
>>50235983
>That page doesn't even mention /vp/
This is so outrageous.
>>
>>50235983
>>50235870
also /x/ has a boner for /pol/ because the managed to summone a ancient frog god (or deamon, we still dont know) with just their shitposting
>>
>>50236035
>>50236043
To be fair the paragraph is about /tg/ and /x/'s relationship specifically but I will agree that it is pretty outdated. At least three years.
>>
>>50236085
I agree. We should really get to updating that page. Any anons wanna give a helping hand?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Board-tans/tg
>>
>>50236035
>>50236085
You could just update it yourself :V
>>
>>50236115
That's what we're doing right here anon. >>50236113
>>
I asked /vp/'s help, sine they know Viol and Vanille better than anyone.
>>>/vp/29908308
>>
>>50236113
/co/'s board-tan info is way more up to date than ours, even the stuff on Teej:
http://the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Board-tans
>>
>>50236113
Alright I edited the page a bit to catch up with current events. How does it look now?
>>
>>50233815
>stallfag

its like you want /vp/ to hate you
>>
>Winter ball is back
>it's a /tg/ and /vp/ being cute episode ft /his/ and /x/

Shit, how long has this been going on? I remember having a blast with this

Is it true there's a showdown match happening? When?
>>
>>50237224
Agreed. We want to win their heart with fiery fighting spirit. Stall is the exact opposite of that.
>>
>>50237273
No set dates or anything. We still have to wait for /vp/ to decide to tier and then nominate someone to actually do the battling. The way it's looking right now is that each board will have 6 Pokemon that represent the tan(s) and that board for their team, no tier restrictions. Our agreed upon team is >>50230205 with the nicknames subject to change.
You'll be happy to hear that we are now actively trying to get with /vp/ romantically. They have a birthday in a week so it's the perfect time.

We are also writing /his/ an Ork rendition of the Illiad or Odyssey.
>>
>>50237363

>tfw /vp/ is board home but left long ago to explore and lurked the fuck out of /tg/ for years

Based Ohmuri really did mean it, IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
>>
>>50237363
Are there any plans to stream the showdown match?
>>
>>50235506
>A Crusty old man
>A spooky christmas cake
>A skinny teenager
>A pair of twins
>A historically incorrect loli
At this point this is starting to look more like a family outing than a date. Not that I'm complaining.
>>
>>50237470
The match is planned to be streamed and recorded, though it'd probably be the best experience for you if you just watched the match on Showdown when it happens.
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 951x791px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 951x791px
Someone on /vp/ proposed to show you guys their Reuniclus. It might be getter serious.
>>
>>50237472
It's more double date + 2 emergency orgy reserves.
>>
>>50237609
getting*
>>
>>50237609
>Getter serious
>>
>>50227182
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjIpemh2a8U
>>
Yo Tarot card anon. Did you ever do one for /vp/, it might be a cool gift to send them.
>>
>>50238150
It'd be cool just too see what he has for all the cards so far.
>>
>>50227182
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfB6rMGWQe4
>>
While everyone is getting excited over /vp/ we can't forget our main bro /his/. Anyone start on that ork translation of the Odyssey?
>>
>>50237472
TOGETHER THEY SOLVE CRIMES!
>>
>>50238388
Dubs confirm we need Scooby Doo OC!
>>
>>50238150
>Lovers card
>>
File: tmp_7120-DjmUe31h-211251675.jpg (122KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7120-DjmUe31h-211251675.jpg
122KB, 1024x768px
>>50238388
>>
>>50238433
We had some last year. A writefag wrote some and >>50238439
>>
>>50238439
>Old man /pol/
>And I could have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those pesky jews.
>>
>>50238436
Lovers is /u/ from what Tarot anon's chart said.
>>
File: Jonny-quest-opening-title.jpg (29KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
Jonny-quest-opening-title.jpg
29KB, 325x244px
>>50238456
We have more this year, so clearly we must be Johnny /Quest/
>>
>>50238467
Ah damn. That's alright then. Trying to think of another suitable tarot though.
>>
>>50238467
Yeah, but that can be put on hold to make a gesture, right?
>>
>>50238489
Teej and Violle as the king of swords and the queen of wands?
Stick an unedited Lovers in between them.
>>
>>50238492
Why not expend effort to make the actual /vp/ tarot instead of a place holder? That way we kill two birds with one stone. Helping out Tarot anon, and giving a heartfelt gift to the /vp/ kids.
>>50238489
Going off of >>50202221, Death is taken though I dare say Temperance fits /vp/'s dual nature
>>
>>50238550
Oh yes. Temperance is an excellent fit. Good eye anon.
>>
>>50217196
where are the oc's posted. still want to know what happened last year between /fit/ and /cm/
>>
>>50238385
I was gonna work on it tonight but it's a pretty big project. Anyone who would be willing to lend a helping hand would be appreciated.
>>
>>50238746
The orky Hamlet wasn't very long compared to real hamlet.
>>
>>50216894
If we're in a rush we can ask /d/ buy us a gift while we dress up... I'm sure it'll be good.
>>
>>50238783
True. I guess I was envisioning something a bit too big for my britches. I should have it finished by tonight then. I'll get started the moment I get off work
>>
>>50238823
Just don't forget the cyclops part
>>
>>50238811
see >>50238385
>>
>>50238843
You mean "One eyed git"
>>
I'm apparently range-banned, so I'm not sure if this post will go through but I just wanted to say Your board tan is an qt.

Also with the team you're running, all it takes is a single swagger+foulplay prankster combo to shut it down, sableye being the only savior.
>>
>>50238867
>swagger+foulplay
>on showdown
>>
>>50238867
Right, I'm a /tg/ with a bit of autistic showdown play, what IS our Team?
>>
>>50238882
I ladder on AG with a team full of them, plus one ditto, so on the off chance that a mega fug starts to sweep, I turn the tables.
I'm angry confusion is being nerfed, but its to stop terrible people like me.
>>50238887
Should be in the thread, take another quick look.
>>
>>50238887
Why look anon, it is in this very thread.
>>50230205
>>
>>50238917
What I mean is that I doubt /vp/ are gonna be that big of dicks. Just like we don't expect them to run stall.
>>
>>50238887
>>50238867

>>50230205
I don't think that'll be that much of a problem. I think our theme team is pretty good all things considered. If /vp/ feels the need to counter build against us then so be it. It's all in good fun anyways.
>>
>>50238945
And if we lose, we can always challenge them to a game of tg-tic-tac-toe.
>>
New thread when? I'm going around to /his/, /vp/, and /x/ to see what's going on in their threads, so that communications between us go smoothly.
>>
>>50239037
I'll make the new thread right now.
>>
>>50239067
Link /vp/ /x/ and /his/ to it.
>>
>>50238917
>>50238930
>>50238955

Right, I am sort of messing around with the team, sort of for fun and I'll display our results. is Dyce 100% our Mega yeah?
>>
What's our opinion regarding /x/, by the way? What's our official stance? They're a little conflicted in their thread.
>>
>>50239131
It's a shame the giant gem mega-sableye carries isn't a platonic solid like god and /his/bro intended.
Is it possible to edit the poke-avatars on this magic battle website?
>>
>>50239172
It's more than a little.
I say we back off until they have a conclusive decision.
>>
>>50239172
It was a nice time back then, but things have changed, and neither /x/ nor /tg/ are the same boards they were back then. /tg/ has, for the most, part moved on.

RIP in peace, /x/.
>>
>>50239170
>>50239170
>>50239170
New thread.

>>50239131
Dyce is yea. You can have a tabletop game without knights but you can't have it without Dyce.
>>
>>50239206
That'll only happen during the witching hours
>>
File: index.jpg (151KB, 854x704px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
151KB, 854x704px
>>50238439
>>
>>50239284
Wow can they do anything original?
>>
>>50239294
/x/ has been shitposting and sockpuppeting in all the /pol/ Winter Ball threads because /pol/ picked /o/. If the shoe fits...
>>
>>50239322
I don't have a picture to express the incredulity I'm feeling upon reading this post.
>>
>>50239340
Go read the archived threads for yourself then. I'm not begging you to believe me if you're dead set on making /pol/ the evil boogeyman.
>>
>>50239357
As you said if the shoe fits considering how they sockpuppet but my original gripe was them copying the scooby doo thing. They could've done something else to show they don't want /x/ but I guess they saw something easy and already half done. Wouldn't be hard to just tilt the situation into it.
>>
>>50239453
Well it helps that the scooby doo thing is already a meme on /pol/ and /int/.
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.