[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stargate 1888 Recruitment!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 12

Stargate 1888 needs you!
Reposting a recruitment here, as the Gamefinder thread is slow and out of date

>>System
GURPS
>>Times hosting
'Friday night', GMT-7, 20h-24h
>>Method of Play
Roll20
>>Contact Info
Balthazarr, the Mad @ Roll20
Balthazarrthemad @ Skype
https://discord.gg/Esra5Bq Discord channel

=||= High adventure in the Victorian era! =||=

GURPS 4th edition
-late TL5
-grim realism
-Starting PC's: [150/-50] human
-Campaign location/social geography: Victorian Britain Circa 1888.AD

I'm Looking to start up a new weekly regular game. Hit me up if you guys want in on a grand adventure through the Gates
Contact me ASAP so we can hash out the nitty-gritty details of who you are and what you're doing in the game. The party will be a scout team sent out from Novum Londonium, the new colony on the far side of the first gate reached!
Ideally, you'll be heroes of the British empire, gallivanting about the stars in the Stargate universe. Your call, but we'll make you a sheet somehow.
>>
File: 1436248500225.jpg (140KB, 1200x494px) Image search: [Google]
1436248500225.jpg
140KB, 1200x494px
The Royal Academy of Otherworldly Sciences was established by the joint effort of Her Majesty, Queen Victoria and her counterpart Christian IX of Denmark. The Academy has been recruiting aggressively among the great minds of Europe for some time, and has become a name spoken in hushed corners of dark venues. If, after all, The Academy asks you to join their ranks, you are destined for great works somewhere exotic in the far reaches of the known world. You are whisked away to a career of adventure!
Little do the common masses realize, these forays are quite otherworldly, entirely.

Those a part of the Royal Expeditionary Forces often were put into the force as...expendable. Those with a track record of reckless abandon, yet RESULTS. Those who couldn't be trusted domestically with trusted assets, yet had undeniably skills to put to use. Those were the ones put into the ranks. Sikhs. Irishmen. Americans.
Nova Londonium (pictured here); The new capital of the new empire is a bastion of beauty on a nearly perfectly earth-like world. The scientists and scholars have been poring over it's every inch for nearly a decade, and still, barely the surface of it has been scratched. Now, with full support of the Queen herself, the colonization of the new frontier will commence!
>>
File: Academy council.jpg (125KB, 1023x524px) Image search: [Google]
Academy council.jpg
125KB, 1023x524px
You have been gathered from your various origins, sent on an Antarctic voyage to a blasted ice shelf, ushered into high security secret facilities, and then loaded upon a train car (which you surmised would go nowhere on this little island). Moments later, a WHOOSH and a swirl of light, and the train is blasting forward through a shimmering silvery portal!

You find yourselves seconds later being offloaded in the new port of Londonium. Massive marble buildings dominating the skyline of an alien city! Verdant jungle of wild abandon in the distance, and the train pulling free of a massive Stargate behind you!

The promise of service to your Queen and Country behind you, the grand expanse of an alien world all around you. Your future, uncertain.

So the question each of you need to answer is simple; why would YOU have been recruited for this grand adventure? What history would put you in the grand fate such as this?

Why, You?
>>
File: TNhH0LC.jpg (503KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TNhH0LC.jpg
503KB, 1920x1080px
The colony is based on some sort of alien abandoned city; massive monolithic buildings of clean white marble. Interlocked stone streets. Fountains pouring crystal waters. And all of it hedged in on a low mountaintop, with nothing in all directions but a vast green jungle towering away.

Her Majesty's military forces are dispatched here in earnest; red uniforms abound. Among them, the officers of the Royal academies are ever present. Scientists of all fields arrive here with devices arcane and sophisticated, seeking to unlock the mysteries of the Stargate, and the new colony.

Apparently, this land has been claimed by The Queen for some time; the forces here have for some years been reclaiming the city around you, block by block, from the jungle and it's inhabitants. Fierce beasts of alien form, massive in scale and ferocious, with no fear of man. The Royal Armory has been put to good use, and many trophies now line the dormitories around you. But the work is constant, the fight tiresome, and the need for security paramount.
>>
File: Assistant 3.jpg (13KB, 220x218px) Image search: [Google]
Assistant 3.jpg
13KB, 220x218px
There exists here, on this strange new world, a series of devices. Found by the first expedition, they are of infinite usefulness. Each of you is issued one immediately upon arrival.

It is called an "Assistant".

A small orb of some odd etched metal, roughly the size of a large apple. When held out and commanded to "Come along" or something equivalent, it springs to life, and hovers nearby. You find that, when asked to, it will immediately begin translating all conversations about you in real time! It appears, as you speak, the words issued form your mouth are understood by anyone you speak to within a few feet! Now, written language is still the same; incomprehensible unless you actually know it. The Assistants only help along spoken word. But the language barrier is no more an issue here in New London as it was in the times of Babel!
>>
Evening bump. I shall check my messages in the morning!
>>
File: Steam Tank.png (2MB, 1602x864px) Image search: [Google]
Steam Tank.png
2MB, 1602x864px
Seriously considering it, but I know fuckall about GURPS (though I have pdfs) and will have to become acquainted with it very quickly
>>
>>50216417
has the queen been to the stargate?
>>
>>50219879
I promise that once character generation is out of the way, the hardest thing to learn will be 'where did I put my dice'
>>
>>50220256
>'where did I put my dice'
On roll 20?

Seems good.

Which books will it be using?
Might get a bit of help for character creation from the friend who gave me the pdfs
>>
>>50220321
Basic set, high tech.
Most weird tech will be homebrewed stat blocks.
Aim for realism first, flavor with fun. Skip exotic advantages, but dip in amd make something interesting
>>
Very cool setting, but if I could make a suggestion:
Since this is the discovery of the millenium it would doubtlessly lead to war without a acces for other empires. Eventhough nooone can match the British it could not prevail against combined efforts of ever other nation who wants a piece.
Therefore I would suggest that there is limeted use for other nations diplomats and scientists for these could give additional insight.
Furthermore it gives potential conflicts and intrigues be it rivalries between two exploration teams or an espionage affair threatening a world war back on earth.

Also nothing is cooler then a team of international experts like pic related
>>
File: PvtCMltia.jpg (20KB, 389x600px) Image search: [Google]
PvtCMltia.jpg
20KB, 389x600px
>>50220561
Too true. There are certainly joint efforts currently in place; Victoria is cooperating with her royal extended family after all. Need the best and brightest from all over.

But so far it hasn't come to a head. Victoria has cooperated nicely, with caveats of a hierarchy with her on top. Right now, the players are ground level 'grunts' as it were. Enlisted from accross the globe, but clandestinely. No conflicts so far, and thanks to the Assistants, things should move smoothly.
>>
>>50216417
>Grim
>Realism
>Stargate
>1888
Pick two
>>
>>50220778
I pick that lst two.
I dig ~19th century adventure
>>
>>50220778
You ever been shot and tended to, before regular anesthesia was a thing?

Get shot
Get infected
You gonna die
>>
>>50220984
A broken bone was enough to kill you
>>
File: 1478868509165.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478868509165.gif
1MB, 640x360px
Bumb of interest
>>
File: Maxim.jpg (93KB, 800x507px) Image search: [Google]
Maxim.jpg
93KB, 800x507px
>>
>>50216417
Twice this weekend; are you having trouble attracting players?
Have you considered that your problem is 'grim realism'?
>>
>>50225096
Nah no problem per se recruiting. Just wanted a solid sized group. We have quite a few interested folks. Sorry you weren't :)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.