[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Size Manipulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Brandish.png (338KB, 439x750px) Image search: [Google]
Brandish.png
338KB, 439x750px
How do you make a wizard specialized on size-manipulation?

Pic related is capable of shrinking an island down to a foot, for example.

Naturally for a high tier character. How would you do it?

In D&D or otherwise
>>
>>50207909
GURPS
Buy shrinking/stretching
Done
>>
File: 205636.jpg (315KB, 1100x781px) Image search: [Google]
205636.jpg
315KB, 1100x781px
>>50207909
Don't know that you can really do that sort of thing in D&D without writing your own spells. Or Wish.

Unfortunately, reduce/enlarge and Giant Size pretty much round out your options. And Miniaturize from 3.5 Advanced Bestiary.
>>
>>50207909
Anima has a few options for making just yourself bigger and smaller in the Ki abilities, but the ones that are going to be the most effective are one-way trips via the Chimera spell, and only really work on you.

Exalted could probably let you craft a sorcery or something that would let you shrink/grow things (including yourself), but to keep the cost from taking you forever, you'd have to learn to shrink/grow separately, and with specific classifications of objects separately. It'd probably take forever either way, though.

There's nothing in any hard-mechanical system that I'm aware of that lets people get to Brandish's level, even if that's literally the only thing they can do. More freeform or rules-light systems might not even let you do it.
>>
Pathfinder bloodline arcanist, arcane bloodline. Get the poyent magic arcanist thing. Bouncing Spell persistant spell, spell focus and greater spell focus transmutation. Magical lineage reduce person.

As a third level spell You could cast reduce person with a DC of 21 that you have to save twice, and if they do save it effects another target. I dont know why you would want to do that, but you could.

Pick up heighten spell later to keep your spell dcs as high as you need them to be.
>>
Pym Particles could be a good inspiration. I think Hawkeye has an arrow full of miniaturized arrows, so you can blot out the sun with one shot.
>>
>>50208193
The problem is that Brandish can make stuff go in both directions. No matter how I try to slice it or how many systems I check, it doesn't seem to be possible to have it even a fraction of the degree and versatility that Brandish has.

I think OP may have finally found the thing that stumps /tg/ with this one.
>>
>>50208316
It really is. I've been debating how to work easy to use size manipulation into a system for ages, and it's a hard one. (Combination of hating how most systems do it and 'personal reasons')

Current planned method is something of a sliding scale that modifies outcomes instead of changing base stats constantly.
>>
>>50208316
What is Brandish?
>>
>>50207909
All the homebrew magic items. Make one or two of them a basic "cast enlarge/shrink fuckoff/day" or the like, maybe integrate into their signature look. Then have rings or other such items be their own metamagics, like "numerical values in a spell are multiplied by the difference between the spell slot level spent to cast it and the spell's level, min 1" or "spell duration is doubled".

Most importantly is to make sure they can at least defend themselves if someone decides "I want those magic items instead"
>>
>>50208381
Character from Fairy Tail that specializes in a top-tier Spatial magic that manipulates the size and scale of objects (both organic and inorganic) that she designates. The area she can control ranges from stuff as big as an actual inhabited island (big enough to have a fairly decently sized village) to stuff as small as tumors. She can also enlarge or shrink body parts and other strange things, like the size of wounds (she shrunk a wound from abdominal impalement to the size of an easily-manageable pinprick, for example).

The worst part (that would probably be the first to go in any TTRPG system) would be that she has no real set limit on what degree she can change things.
>>
>>50208550
Cool. Sounds like the Enhancement specialty of the Transmutation Wizard school would be perfect. You could flavor it as increasing body part size or whatever.

Associated School: Transmutation.

Replacement Powers: The following school powers replace the telekinetic fist and change shape powers of the transmutation school.

Augment (Sp): As a standard action, you can touch a creature and grant it either a +2 enhancement bonus to a single ability score of your choice or a +1 bonus to natural armor that stacks with any natural armor the creature might possess. At 10th level, the enhancement bonus to one ability score increases to +4. The natural armor bonus increases by +1 for every five wizard levels you possess, to a maximum of +5 at 20th level. This augmentation lasts a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your wizard level (minimum 1 round). You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier.

Perfection of Self (Su): At 8th level, as a swift action you can grant yourself an enhancement bonus to a single ability score equal to 1/2 your wizard level (maximum +10) for one round. You may use this ability for a number of times per day equal to your wizard level.
>>
>>50208628
Oh, and they get this power as well.

Physical Enhancement (Su)

You gain a +1 enhancement bonus to one physical ability score (Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution). This bonus increases by +1 for every five wizard levels you possess to a maximum of +5 at 20th level. You can change this bonus to a new ability score when you prepare spells. At 20th level, this bonus applies to two physical ability scores of your choice.
>>
>>50208628
>>50208643
What version of D&D is that for? Seems too jacked for 5e but doesn't seem jacked enough for 3.PF.
>>
>>50208703
Its the pathfinder wizards transmutation school powers, enhancement subschool. Its balanced because its mostly only useful for melee characters, and wizards have shit hp and base attack bonus.
>>
>>50208842
Looks good, but you'd have to make an entire class out of just that, meaning it'd also need a power boost.

Still, it's probably the easiest baseline we've got.
>>
File: 1446811045630.jpg (3MB, 3600x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1446811045630.jpg
3MB, 3600x2800px
>>50207909
Mechanically you just treat it as an inanimate object. The fact that it was an island doesn't really affect anything.
>>
>>50208381
Brandish was BEST GIRL for a chapter or two in Fairy Tail.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.